Halliburton Employee Reviews in Canada

Warehouse Materials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJuly 17, 2016
I have learned much from Halliburton.Inventory control, Procurement, and Logistics are areas i was not familiar with before coming to Halliburton. Co-workers are the heart of Halliburton. they have fantastic people there who share knowledge and are willing to help other out,
Management as at any job have their ups and downs. i was very fortunate to have an awesome Manager that believed in his team and backed us up when necessary.

Hardest part of the job is trying to get further training. We usually had to learn on our own.
Most enjoyable part was the people and all the team events we held.
Pros
Great benefits package and fantastic people to work with
Cons
Very few raises, very little training
fast-paced, fun while it lasted
Clerk (Former Employee) –  grande prairie, albertaMay 9, 2016
yeah a ton of us got dropped by the the big H but i liked the work, i worked in the cementing dept. work was hard but nothing the average worker could handle, met a bunch good people while working there and the safety mentality worked great in the shop but not so much out in the field.
Pros
great bosses, fun working with other folk from other divisions
Cons
pay, hours, stress from driving, pay and the pay
It was work in the oil and gas sector
Operations Material Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMay 16, 2016
I enjoyed working for them as it was an interesting place to work and I had some very great co-workers, I learned lots. Towards the end of my employment we had changed our processes and made it much more streamlined. We all crossed trained so no one had to come back to a mountain of work after an absence or vacation.
Drilling Superintendent (Former Employee) –  IndonesiaMay 28, 2016
I am motivated, forward thinking, personable and with the contacts and experience that I have accumulated in my career, I am in a position to undertake any job that would be offered to me in this industry.
Pros
I need motivated, forward thinking, employees.
Cons
No lost time/
Great Work, Great co-workers
Have lead (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJune 10, 2016
Everyone was always helpful if asked, office personnel were great, work life balance was ok. Sometimes the hardest part was actually leaving home for work but once out there it was fine. Most enjoyable part is when things are going smoothly and everyone is laughing and having fun, making jokes (usually at my expense).
Full responsibility and minimum supervision doing your work
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMay 3, 2016
Excellent experience. We had the opportunity to travel all across the Prairies and meet customers' requirements in every location. I got the chance to learn a profession in addition to get involved with the primary industry in the province.
All in all it was a good company to work for
Senior Services Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMay 5, 2016
met good people to work with and learn a lot about not to take things for granted. I loved being assigned to a project and get good feedback about the accomplishment. it was a good opportunity of employment.
Pros
crew meals
Cons
denial of transfers
Decent People
PSL Accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
The industry as a whole is currently in a market correction. Therefore, there is the usual stress and uncertainty that comes with that.

The people are generally great to work with, and very helpful when they are able to do so.

Management tries their best to have an open door policy, and to train as they are able.

Learning the systems, obtaining more budgeting and forecasting.

Most enjoyable part of the job are the people, as well as what I'm able to learn.

The hardest part of the job has been watching the layoffs across the industry, as well as the amount of overtime required occasionally.
Good place to work learned lots over 18 years of service
Stock Point Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 23, 2016
Good place to work learned a lot over 18 years of service.
Oilfield company
Safety procedures well enforced
Good co workers
Put in a lot of hours
Good benefits
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Advanced design and testing team
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJanuary 12, 2016
At Halliburton I learned many design skills and testing norms in an industrial environment. The design team is very advanced in their engineering knowledge. At the same time, many of the design engineers need to implement and test their designed parts and assemblies therefore creating a process that provides tremendous growth for engineers. I was able to design and test my own parts and the testing apparatus for it.
Pros
Advanced technical challenges
Cons
Fluctuating work load
Productive and fun place to work
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABFebruary 3, 2016
- 8-10 hour shifts
- learned how to operate various machinery and equipment
- mixture of different management personalities
- great coworkers which make the work environment an enjoyable place
- put in long hours if a job is rushed
Pros
Great Coworkers built lifelong friendships
Cons
Takes a long time to get a raise in pay
good co-workers, and interesting work environment
MWD/LWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMarch 23, 2016
Long hours and being away from home every two weeks were the thoughts part of the job. Financially well compensating job.
Co workers were great, enjoy working with most of them.
Pros
financially rewarding
Very Good
Directional Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMarch 21, 2016
Learned how to work in a fast pace environment and work as a team with many different companies and people. Anything could happen in a typical day and we would have to overcome a wide variety of different problems.
Good company to work for.
Assembler/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABApril 25, 2016
Halliburton bought out Europump and was in the process of merging the two companies. Major downturn in the energy industry stopped all plans in their tracks.
Quality work environment
Business Development (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLApril 25, 2016
A company that I would enjoy working for once again. A good team environment and hard-working group of individuals. I would recommend Halliburton to others.
When is very slow in oilfield there is not many jobs. Lot of people where laid off.
Senior M/LWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABFebruary 5, 2016
There is no typical day of work. Every day is different. When you drive to location with a partner 2 trucks are loaded heavily with equipment, need to be on time according to weather conditions.
Even if you might drive 1000 km or more. After arrival need to gig up. It might take 10-12 hrs, tools need to be tested before running in the hole. Picking up tools take time too and need to be tested again. When we begin drilling we start to take surveys and logg the well.
It might take 48 hrs when one of us go to sleep.

Co-workers are very different and need to manage with 4 different characters. The hardest part is if something did not go well and problem need to be solved ASAP. The oil-gas wells cost a lot of money, mostly those horizontal and directional. Any tool failure: MWD or mud motors are a big problem bonded with a lot of stress and explanation to our and oil company offices.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you home, your paycheck and satisfaction that job was done properly and within time.
The job is best quoted as hurry up and wait.
Measurement/Logging While Drilling Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABNovember 25, 2015
You cannot expect a good family life. You are always on call and even when your on vacation their calling you to complete something.
Pros
Good pay once you advance
Cons
Long hour and little sleep.
What I learned
D.D. Field Professional Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABNovember 28, 2015
I learned that working openly together as a team is a great recipe for success. The people at Halliburton were great to work with.
Pros
Treated with respect
Cons
Long hours but that didn't bother me and is expected.
fun workplace
Data Van Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABDecember 13, 2015
It was nice to start working here as entrance in oil patch good experience , good people , good environment , safety policies in the places
Pros
good xmas parties tho!
Cons
Great Place to work cause i had a great team to work with
Senior Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABAugust 7, 2015
upload load all new job and fix all errors.I learned that it is wonderful to have a great team to work with. The MANAGEMENT was the best. My Manager was great always there to help in any way possible . My co workers were wonderful they are 100% the best team I have ever worked with. The hardest part of my job was that I worked my self out of a job. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I had a great team to work with .
Pros
had a wonderful team to work with
Cons
not a lot of work to do when the rigs are not running