Halliburton Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun place to work
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABFebruary 3, 2016
- 8-10 hour shifts
- learned how to operate various machinery and equipment
- mixture of different management personalities
- great coworkers which make the work environment an enjoyable place
- put in long hours if a job is rushed
Pros
Great Coworkers built lifelong friendships
Cons
Takes a long time to get a raise in pay
great work enviroment lots of help
etech (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 18, 2015
Was one of my favorite jobs. Even though it was hard at times the people who worked there really helped me out in getting thru the jobs. good salary to
Pros
good salary great people
Cons
long hours lots of days worked
Decent People
PSL Accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
The industry as a whole is currently in a market correction. Therefore, there is the usual stress and uncertainty that comes with that.

The people are generally great to work with, and very helpful when they are able to do so.

Management tries their best to have an open door policy, and to train as they are able.

Learning the systems, obtaining more budgeting and forecasting.

Most enjoyable part of the job are the people, as well as what I'm able to learn.

The hardest part of the job has been watching the layoffs across the industry, as well as the amount of overtime required occasionally.
Fantastic place to work
Survey Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJuly 25, 2015
Great place to work, the management treated everyone equal, with plenty of chance for advancement. Benefits included RRSP, Stock Buy ins, health and dental, and 3 weeks vaction time starting
good co-workers, and interesting work environment
MWD/LWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMarch 23, 2016
Long hours and being away from home every two weeks were the thoughts part of the job. Financially well compensating job.
Co workers were great, enjoy working with most of them.
Pros
financially rewarding
Cons
M/LWD is an oil-field based position
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2015
This job worked on-site the oil platforms and closely with the oil-rig staff. Required the ability to work in all weather conditions at all times of the day. A regular work schedule for myself was 21 days on 3 days off. This position was equalized by the generous salary/benefits Halliburton offered.
Good pay, long hours
Sales Manager / Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2015
long days but you are paid for it, high paced office. Some training, and with higher staff turn over, opportunities for promotion is good
Pros
good pay and promotions
Cons
long hours, massive expectation
When is very slow in oilfield there is not many jobs. Lot of people where laid off.
Senior M/LWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABFebruary 5, 2016
There is no typical day of work. Every day is different. When you drive to location with a partner 2 trucks are loaded heavily with equipment, need to be on time according to weather conditions.
Even if you might drive 1000 km or more. After arrival need to gig up. It might take 10-12 hrs, tools need to be tested before running in the hole. Picking up tools take time too and need to be tested again. When we begin drilling we start to take surveys and logg the well.
It might take 48 hrs when one of us go to sleep.

Co-workers are very different and need to manage with 4 different characters. The hardest part is if something did not go well and problem need to be solved ASAP. The oil-gas wells cost a lot of money, mostly those horizontal and directional. Any tool failure: MWD or mud motors are a big problem bonded with a lot of stress and explanation to our and oil company offices.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you home, your paycheck and satisfaction that job was done properly and within time.
Great Company, Poorly managed
Downhole Tool Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  NiskuFebruary 17, 2015
This company from the outside looks like it can offer you a bright future. However when they do the interview process and the new hire process they roll out the red carpet and treat you like a king. However in a short while later you realize it was all fluff. There is no team moral boosting, if you want a raise or to try a different task you have to fight for it for a full year before they even consider it. Too many managers contradicting other managers. However this place has great benefits and pensions. If you can work for a sub-par wage, and great benefits, fighting for your small raises and work in a place that recognizes you faults before ever acknowledging your successes, then go work here. Oh and they say that safety is number one but they try to prevent employees from seeking medical attention so the managers get their safety bonus at the end of the year.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
demanding enviroment with little rewards, no yearly raises, have to fight for raises, poor company morale, too much red tape
Advanced design and testing team
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJanuary 12, 2016
At Halliburton I learned many design skills and testing norms in an industrial environment. The design team is very advanced in their engineering knowledge. At the same time, many of the design engineers need to implement and test their designed parts and assemblies therefore creating a process that provides tremendous growth for engineers. I was able to design and test my own parts and the testing apparatus for it.
Pros
Advanced technical challenges
Cons
Fluctuating work load
oil field work on drilling rigs as a field engineer
Lead MWD/LWD Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AlbertaFebruary 23, 2015
Challenging work with great travel opportunities. They have an excellent training program in place which consists of a boot camp and onsite training.

People in the higher management lack personal skills which makes it difficult for employees to communicate and grow in the company.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
long hours and night shifts
Great Place
Tank Farm Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABOctober 6, 2015
Great Place to work and meet new people. I learned lots while working there and it has helped me so much with my life. great people and great management. I don't regret working there.
Pros
Meeting new people
What I learned
D.D. Field Professional Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABNovember 28, 2015
I learned that working openly together as a team is a great recipe for success. The people at Halliburton were great to work with.
Pros
Treated with respect
Cons
Long hours but that didn't bother me and is expected.
fun workplace
Data Van Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABDecember 13, 2015
It was nice to start working here as entrance in oil patch good experience , good people , good environment , safety policies in the places
Pros
good xmas parties tho!
Cons
Full responsibility and minimum supervision doing your work
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMay 3, 2016
Excellent experience. We had the opportunity to travel all across the Prairies and meet customers' requirements in every location. I got the chance to learn a profession in addition to get involved with the primary industry in the province.
Very Good
Directional Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMarch 21, 2016
Learned how to work in a fast pace environment and work as a team with many different companies and people. Anything could happen in a typical day and we would have to overcome a wide variety of different problems.
Lots of cash
Technical Professional - Production Enhancement (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 26, 2015
lots of fun and lots of learning, good environment, benefits, rrsp, stock program, engineering, operations, fracturing, oilfiled, stimulation
Great Place to work cause i had a great team to work with
Senior Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABAugust 7, 2015
upload load all new job and fix all errors.I learned that it is wonderful to have a great team to work with. The MANAGEMENT was the best. My Manager was great always there to help in any way possible . My co workers were wonderful they are 100% the best team I have ever worked with. The hardest part of my job was that I worked my self out of a job. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I had a great team to work with .
Pros
had a wonderful team to work with
Cons
not a lot of work to do when the rigs are not running
The job is best quoted as hurry up and wait.
Measurement/Logging While Drilling Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABNovember 25, 2015
You cannot expect a good family life. You are always on call and even when your on vacation their calling you to complete something.
Pros
Good pay once you advance
Cons
Long hour and little sleep.
productive