Halliburton

Halliburton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fantastic place to work
Survey Technician (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJuly 25, 2015
Great place to work, the management treated everyone equal, with plenty of chance for advancement. Benefits included RRSP, Stock Buy ins, health and dental, and 3 weeks vaction time starting
Good team
Directional Drilling Technical Advisor (Former Employee), calgaryJuly 22, 2015
Good team out there. Supportive. quite a lot of overtime. I gained valuable experience on SAGD planning and execution. Overall a pleasant experience working for Sperry...
NA
Class 1 Driver / Mobile Crane Operator (Current Employee), Grande Prairie AlbertaJuly 21, 2015
Halliburton Company is an American multinational corporation, and one of the world's largest oil field services companies with operations in more than 80 countries. It owns hundreds of subsidiaries, affiliates, branches, brands, and divisions worldwide and employs approximately 100,000 people.
terrible management, no career development, unprofessional
Drilling Solutions Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: no career, no organized, unprofessional treatment
I would not like to work in an place like this again.
My boss was never prepared, the people is hired and let go by friendship not by merits
they never did an evaluation, they never established goals
M/LWD is an oil-field based position
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2015
This job worked on-site the oil platforms and closely with the oil-rig staff. Required the ability to work in all weather conditions at all times of the day. A regular work schedule for myself was 21 days on 3 days off. This position was equalized by the generous salary/benefits Halliburton offered.
Great career opportunity with lots of advancements!!
Bulk Plant Operator (Current Employee), Lloydminster, SKJuly 1, 2015
Pros: great training programs
Cons: long hours
A typical day would be that there are no real typical days in the oilfield line of work, which make for a fast paced and exciting environment to work in. Over the years I've learned how lead employees through team work and also how to manage fast paced time management situations.
Very technical and operational focused company
Global Account Manager (Current Employee), Calgary ABMay 29, 2015
Pros: Pay for performance
Cons: Jet Lag
A good place to work, world leader in most Oil field disciplines.
Management provides a clear understanding of expectations
Great technical teams in place to support efforts
Operate in 80 countries around the world
Jet lag is sometimes hard to deal with
Fun environment
Warehouseman (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 21, 2015
It is a fast paced environment.
There were challenges each day, however it kept me motivated to make new targets each day and achieve those challenges. My coworkers were fun and allowed for the day to run smoothly and stress free.
peaceful work environment
Manufacturing scheduler (Current Employee), Nisku AlbertaMay 11, 2015
Pros: Excellent work enviroment
Cons: Promotion are delayed
I enjoy working for HAL as the management style is more humane than any place I have ever worked for.
Halliburton do not tolerate harassment and people respect one another.
good pay and bennifits
fracer (Former Employee), grande prairieApril 29, 2015
enjoyed working here. good pay and co workers. a lot of work out of town good rotations but not much time home. long hours.
Lots of cash
Technical Professional - Production Enhancement (Former Employee), Regina, SKApril 26, 2015
lots of fun and lots of learning, good environment, benefits, rrsp, stock program, engineering, operations, fracturing, oilfiled, stimulation
Physical
Hydraulic Fracturing Operator (Former Employee), Clairmont, ABApril 20, 2015
- Not a good field of occupation if you have a family and value family/work life balance.
- Company turns a blind eye, when internal employee issues arise.
Good for gaining experience
Sales Manager - Cement Canada (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 8, 2015
Halliburton is renowned as a training company. They provide superior training at the beginning and intermediate levels. This company promotes based on performance and has clear development plans for the beginning stages of your career. I would not recommend Halliburton for a life long career, but if you are looking to be trained then they could be considered.
productive
On time pay
Good benefits
Good Company - Right now future unsecured
Operator I - Frac / Acid (Current Employee), Clairmont, ABMarch 24, 2015
I love Halliburton - A few changes could be made with supervisors, but it's all good. Right now, due to low oil prices, my future is not secure here. I don't know if tomorrow is going to be my last day or not.
Halliburton
E-Tech (Former Employee), ClairmontMarch 9, 2015
a typical work day started with a safety meeting, then work was distributed and worked accordingly. I mostly worked on the mobil rigs programming and pre-maintance. my co-workers were knowledgeable and friendly. the hardest part of the job was the issolation I found i was working a lot by myself and tho I was able to complete the tasks at hand there seemed to be a staffing issue which lead to overworked individuals and frustration in the workplace. the best part of the job was the people that worked there the long time employees are knowledgeable and know their job well
Great atmosphere and hands on experience
Operators Assistant Fracker (Former Employee), Regina,SKMarch 4, 2015
Pros: great pay, great benefits
Cons: unstability
The coworkers were very helpful in answering my questions and helping me understand the Fracking industry and how the whole process works.
Good learning Ground
Production Scheduler (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
Good training provided but there is less space for advancement. The work culture is good The managers are helpful & they want you to progress
Health and safety regulations not followed
Field Operator/Crew Lead (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: health and safety concerns
The amount of hours worked does not reflect in the pay. It would if the health and safety rules around hours worked were followed. For example after 12 hours of work you are to stop working. This does not happen which leaves lots of room for life threatening mistakes.
great experiences
Service Operator (Former Employee), Regina, SkFebruary 28, 2015
Halliburton is a great place to work you have a lot of opportunities with learning new roles. A typical day here was a 12-13 hour shift working in all weather conditions. You had to be willing to travel I spent my time between MB,SK, and AB.

1 2 3 4

About Halliburton

One of the largest oilfield services companies in the world, Halliburton serves the upstream oil and gas industry in 80 countries – Read more