Halliburton Employee Reviews

A very nice challenge
Operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB12 January 2017
Working oil patch is not for everyone. Oil part is for people who are mechanically inclined, with good work ethics an excellent team players.

You are in a crew and they become your family, they are people who travels with you and spend most of the time with you at different locations far deep in the woods. You need to have passion and drive to handle the job.

Halliburton is a very nice experience and I would recommend to try it.

You learn many things and have the fun of driving heavy trucks on lease roads, highways and you really prove yourself.
Pros
Room for advancement, good salary, benefits
Cons
Long hours, many days away from home.
not a bad place to work but bad management
shipping/logistics (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 February 2017
Halliburton was a pretty good place to work overall, but they did not pay well, often requiring you to take on responsibilities above your job title without proper compensation. getting a raise of any kind was an uphill battle. my main issue with the company was the supervisors/shop management. they are rude, and i saw quite a few examples of sexism, racism, and favoritism from them over the years.
Pros
good hours, good coworkers, good benefits
Cons
bad management and pay
Warehouse Materials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB17 July 2016
I have learned much from Halliburton.Inventory control, Procurement, and Logistics are areas i was not familiar with before coming to Halliburton. Co-workers are the heart of Halliburton. they have fantastic people there who share knowledge and are willing to help other out,
Management as at any job have their ups and downs. i was very fortunate to have an awesome Manager that believed in his team and backed us up when necessary.

Hardest part of the job is trying to get further training. We usually had to learn on our own.
Most enjoyable part was the people and all the team events we held.
Pros
Great benefits package and fantastic people to work with
Cons
Very few raises, very little training
This was a great place to work, exceptional work life balance.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB2 March 2017
My days varied from being flown across the country to conduct recruitment fairs, to staying and working from home conducting phone screens, compiling information on hiring fairs completed, acting as a liaison for our apprenticeship programs. to operating out of the Nisku office collaborating with the team. I learned stronger organization skills and prioritization. I had amazing management that always treated me fairly and respectfully. our management created an excellent workplace culture. the hardest part of my job was the contract ending. I deeply enjoyed every part of this position.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
contract ended
Productive and fun workplace
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 January 2017
Halliburton holds there safety standards quite high which makes it an enjoyable work environment, the benefits and salary are great
Pros
high pay
Cons
Challenging but bad work life balance if you are in the field
Field Professional (Current Employee) –  Cairo, ON30 October 2016
Life in the field is good for adventurous souls, you learn a new thing everyday literally. hardest thing about this job is the long hours and so much time spent away in remote locations.
Pros
Good Starting salary and
Cons
Long time away from home.
Great personnel, management needs help.
Associate Accountant/Special Admin (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2017
Management is brought into Canada from USA, to watch over shoulder and make life uncomfortable for some. I believe Canadians are smart enough or more to handle management position. Adds to Canadian unemployed.
Cons
long hours, no bonus or comp.
This is from 11+ years ago
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2017
The company I worked for was actually purchased by Halliburton, and thus began the slide from "excellent" to just so-so. About two years ago, which is about ten years after I left Halliburton, the Calgary development office was substantially scaled back (effectively closed) and development shifted to Houston.

The original company was Landmark Graphics, which bought the engineering software company I worked for (Munro-Garrett)

Landmark was an absolutely fabulous company to work for. Unfortunately, it was purchased by Halliburton after about six years from the start of my employment.

Change was slow but inevitable, and the Landmark culture withered and died.
Good place to work learned lots over 18 years of service
Stock Point Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 June 2016
Good place to work learned a lot over 18 years of service.
Oilfield company
Safety procedures well enforced
Good co workers
Put in a lot of hours
Good benefits
Pros
Good benefits
Workplace avtivities.
Frac&Acid operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB10 February 2017
I believe everyone has a unique opinion about the place to work. I consider myself a hard worker and responsible about the work I do represent. try to make it the best as I can and do help out the other people at work because I believe a team work. My main reason for finding another place to work, mostly because of being disrespected as a second language speaker or not having straight work schedule.
Definitely there is sometime at work that is hard work time or easy day that we have to deal with it because of climate work condition and try to do my best in an appropriate way. I used to work in hot and cold days over 10 years that does not butter me if I work with good responsible people.
Pros
Lots of opportunately to upgrade
Cons
Cultural issue, body body situation
Productive and fun place to work
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB3 February 2016
- 8-10 hour shifts
- learned how to operate various machinery and equipment
- mixture of different management personalities
- great coworkers which make the work environment an enjoyable place
- put in long hours if a job is rushed
Pros
Great Coworkers built lifelong friendships
Cons
Takes a long time to get a raise in pay
Good company to work for with interesting and varied experiences
Principal Drilling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
Working as an IT consultant for the Landmark software support division, I could be doing anything from troubleshooting an Oracle installation to visiting a rig site to train a driller to creating a custom app. The team I worked with was very friendly and well managed. I learned a great deal during my years with them.
great place to work
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 January 2017
Typical day at Mar ric would be to over see all daily aspects of all the trades and make sure the job is on schedule and on time. Also planing of all work projects and changes that need to be made change happens real fast on a big job site anything from work injury to machines breaking down everything needs to be taken care of fast.
Pros
great boss
Cons
no permanent jobs
Great place to work, Only no room for advancement.
Desktop Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Clairmont, AB29 September 2016
Learned a lot here working with a great team, knowing the importance of team work is always a plus. I had the privilege of working in a new building and great people.
Pros
A lot of experienced people willing to help
Cons
No room for advancement for many years.
Good place to work starting in the oilfeild
Preventative maintenance coordinator/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB17 January 2017
-very busy and fast paced when oilfield is busy
-learned supervisory skills
-co workers were great
-hardest part is to get all equipment fixed with in the time period
PSLs would want there equipment
a multi national oil Servicing company
Telephone switch board Operator (Former Employee) –  Victoria Island Lagos8 March 2017
I loved the organization, it was an amazing experience to work with whites who where friendly, though I did my industrial attachment but it was all fun
Excellent workplace
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Venezuela24 November 2016
Excellent workplace, they really take care of their employee, one of the things that I really enjoyed is working as a team.
Great Company, Poorly managed
Downhole Tool Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku17 February 2015
This company from the outside looks like it can offer you a bright future. However when they do the interview process and the new hire process they roll out the red carpet and treat you like a king. However in a short while later you realize it was all fluff. There is no team moral boosting, if you want a raise or to try a different task you have to fight for it for a full year before they even consider it. Too many managers contradicting other managers. However this place has great benefits and pensions. If you can work for a sub-par wage, and great benefits, fighting for your small raises and work in a place that recognizes you faults before ever acknowledging your successes, then go work here. Oh and they say that safety is number one but they try to prevent employees from seeking medical attention so the managers get their safety bonus at the end of the year.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Demanding enviroment with little rewards, no yearly raises, have to fight for raises, poor company morale, too much red tape
Great place To work if you are single without kids
Field Engineering Hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta17 June 2013
This is a great and rewarding company with good management. The salary and benefits are great and the training is very good. Most people you will wok with are engineers and a great source of information for training. Most of your training will be in the field working.
The work life balance is not so great. This is a career for someone who is single and has no kids. You wont be home for up to 3 months at a time. This was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Poor work/life ballance
Productive and Fun
Assoc. Field Professional – MWD (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB18 October 2016
Really good job, meet good people from all over the world, travel Canada, see natural beauties you would never see otherwise.