Halliburton Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Worked Hard, Learned to be a professional, Good Management, Very Good Culture, 100% Makes Customer Happy, Always enjoyed every seond been in Halliburt
Completion Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overseas8 September 2017
I was a soccer player and playing Tennis now.
Swimming, Basketball and walking are my favor games.
I worked as family member in Halliburton.
Working In Halliburton is Fun.
Cons
I can work as long as Safety Department can accepting.
Needs better management, short sighted goals, very political
R&D Mechanical Engineer, Associate (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB31 August 2017
Management has no clear path forward. Houston politics gets in the way of being productive in order to better compete in the market. Job satisfaction is low with no chance for advancement.
Great place
Bulk truck driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 July 2017
Can't say much about Halliburton at the time was great moves and changes made it hard to place myself at the company anymore.
But if it's still same management then 100% go work there
Benefits
Cons
Moves around lots relocates locations
oil feild
Supervisor Coil Tubing Tools (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB12 July 2017
I loved working for halliburton for 10 years. I had a great boss and liked the people i worked with. they are a huge company with room to grow with postions all around the world
productive and fun
SUMMER STUDENT/PRODUCTION SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  CA12 June 2017
Good working etiquette and friendly employees. Workers need to work hard with good pay. Lot of hard labour jobs. It is is multi national company and you can get jobs in any their other locations
There is no family like Halliburton
Field Service Manager-Edmonton (Former Employee) –  Canada11 June 2017
The most secured job one can have. Being Fortune 500 yet you get a say in district management. Efforts are rewarded. Salaries might not be as bulky as compared to peers but definitely there is job security
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Promotions
great working environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2017
Long term employee, was well treated until I was affected by the downturn. Would happily return if the opportunity presented itself.
Large multi national company with room for advancement if you apply yourself
A remarkable job in O&G in Alberta
Principal Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2017
Proposal analyst and customer representative for hydraulic fracture and acid services
Implemented Stimulation Database for West Canada operations
Coached group of 40 employers in new software and technology for hydraulic fracture
Its all right but you have no life
Operator2 (Current Employee) –  Clairmont, AB22 April 2017
The works not that hard but be prepared to miss your loved ones and battle depression on a daily basis!
Constantly berated for the slightest of mistakes it's really horrible work environment!
Pros
Ok money
Cons
Hate life
lots of hours worked
Bulk Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 April 2017
The company is an oilfield related company . The hours are long and it is a stressful fast-paced environment. the hours are irregular . lots of night travel and work. the good part is you share the work with a crew. the last few months I worked here I was in the bulk plant and I liked that better
Job is up and down and have to continually watch my pay stub!
Heavy hauler truck driver (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 April 2017
I loved working with the guys on the crews and most of the management. There have been many changes some good some bad since the down turn in the economy!
Looking for something that is more rewarding
Pros
The people
Cons
No room for advancement
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Moscow, ON12 April 2017
A business continually looking for ways to improve offerings to clients and enable interesting, value creating careers. Global market and opportunities.
Glad that it is in the rear view
Directional Driller (Former Employee) –  Nisk11 April 2017
Had a good time working at Halliburton. There were lots of things to learn and wells to drill. Working in The United States was fun as well. This was a big company.
Did not like this company
frac (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB27 March 2017
Horrible working conditions.
Expected you to break laws and regulations on a daily basis. Very dangerous conditions. Management would deny this and threaten job if not complied with orders. I quit due to this.
Pros
good money
Cons
expected to lie and break rules.
a multi national oil Servicing company
Telephone switch board Operator (Former Employee) –  Victoria Island Lagos8 March 2017
I loved the organization, it was an amazing experience to work with whites who where friendly, though I did my industrial attachment but it was all fun
This was a great place to work, exceptional work life balance.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB2 March 2017
My days varied from being flown across the country to conduct recruitment fairs, to staying and working from home conducting phone screens, compiling information on hiring fairs completed, acting as a liaison for our apprenticeship programs. to operating out of the Nisku office collaborating with the team. I learned stronger organization skills and prioritization. I had amazing management that always treated me fairly and respectfully. our management created an excellent workplace culture. the hardest part of my job was the contract ending. I deeply enjoyed every part of this position.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
contract ended
not a bad place to work but bad management
shipping/logistics (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 February 2017
Halliburton was a pretty good place to work overall, but they did not pay well, often requiring you to take on responsibilities above your job title without proper compensation. getting a raise of any kind was an uphill battle. my main issue with the company was the supervisors/shop management. they are rude, and i saw quite a few examples of sexism, racism, and favoritism from them over the years.
Pros
good hours, good coworkers, good benefits
Cons
bad management and pay
Workplace avtivities.
Frac&Acid operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB10 February 2017
I believe everyone has a unique opinion about the place to work. I consider myself a hard worker and responsible about the work I do represent. try to make it the best as I can and do help out the other people at work because I believe a team work. My main reason for finding another place to work, mostly because of being disrespected as a second language speaker or not having straight work schedule.
Definitely there is sometime at work that is hard work time or easy day that we have to deal with it because of climate work condition and try to do my best in an appropriate way. I used to work in hot and cold days over 10 years that does not butter me if I work with good responsible people.
Pros
Lots of opportunately to upgrade
Cons
Cultural issue, body body situation
Great personnel, management needs help.
Associate Accountant/Special Admin (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2017
Management is brought into Canada from USA, to watch over shoulder and make life uncomfortable for some. I believe Canadians are smart enough or more to handle management position. Adds to Canadian unemployed.
Cons
long hours, no bonus or comp.
This is from 11+ years ago
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2017
The company I worked for was actually purchased by Halliburton, and thus began the slide from "excellent" to just so-so. About two years ago, which is about ten years after I left Halliburton, the Calgary development office was substantially scaled back (effectively closed) and development shifted to Houston.

The original company was Landmark Graphics, which bought the engineering software company I worked for (Munro-Garrett)

Landmark was an absolutely fabulous company to work for. Unfortunately, it was purchased by Halliburton after about six years from the start of my employment.

Change was slow but inevitable, and the Landmark culture withered and died.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halliburton. Our community is ready to answer.