HALLCON Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Very Fair Place To Work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2017
Company is very fair. Pay is good. Staff that write bad reviews have no good work etiquette and no respect for authority. If you treat your co-workers and management good - they treat you great in return....
Cons
Must be prepared to work night shift - not always easy - but you get used to
If you dont care about manager treating you unfairly this is the job for you
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  York, ON31 May 2017
Most unprofessional manager that doesn't know how to run a workplace. Even the fact that his still a manager is a mystery. He always threatens workers to quit whenever he doesn't get his way and always asks for favors but never returns the favor. Treating certain workers better than the rest. Always harasses you while your doing your job. The only thing this manager still has his position is that employees are scared to loss their jobs. You'll have no right to say no to whatever he asks from you. Always short on employees whenever an employee calls in sick he pressures you to work faster and when you miss something in the bus he won't even bother to acknowledge the fact that he was down workers and forced you to rush. No he'll either have a meeting complaining about buses not being cleaned properly or he'll call you in the office about you needing to focus at work. Him and few of his "close" employee will deny the fact but you'll find out over the time he discriminate workers, force some workers to work hard while other workers are sitting around or play hide and seek somewhere. This job is easy if it weren't for the current management.
Pros
Some good workers and good pay
Cons
Worsed management
horrible boss and all you can eat blame
Cleaner/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC3 April 2017
working there use to be fun , management would come every few months and bug everyone then left . but since new management we have been harassed lied to and threatened at every turn , no one seems to know what they want and when they do its illogical at best bad employes get away whit doing little work and you get blamed for the drought in africa . cant wait to find something else they treat employees like garbage
Pros
all you can eat blame
Cons
bd bosses lots of blame
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 February 2017
Normal environment to work, good salary and nice people to deal with.Just need to change some methods that can help the workers have more safety and more time to do everything they ask to. Hours need to be more specific and more reasonable.
Satisfactory pay
Crew Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 October 2016
The pay was satisfactory at $15.00 an hour for a crew transport driver position. This position included 12 long hours with no benefits, and dealing with rough & difficult people with no Managers on site to protect your interests or safety. In addition it is considered a contract position and it poses risks of layoffs.
Pros
Pay was satisfactory
Cons
Long hours with rough & difficult crew
Fun workplace.
Train cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2016
Working with Hallcon has been the best experience I have encountered. I learned being productive at work is rewarding in many levels. All staff members have assisted with my training and my initiative to contribute to others made my days enjoyable at work. Thank you Hallcon organization for employing me!
productive and repetitive job with safety as a main concern
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Vauldreuil-Dorion10 October 2013
Typically each day I would go into work, prepare my supplies and head onto the first train to arrive. The Average clean was garbage pick, changing the garbage's, wiping all surfaces, washing windows, sweeping mopping and sometimes graffiti removing. Doing annual cleans were more intense where i'd have to get on my hands and knees and scrub every crack and crevasse. I learned how to operate as a team with my co-workers and that doing something right doesn't mean it'll be done the fastest. During the year i've been there, there have been three changes in management. All were great bosses, but i guess the first two bit off more then they could chew. My co-workers were generally really good, some better then others and the ones that weren't so good were out of the job after a certain amount of time. The hardest part of my job was the first two weeks, me and a co-worker had to clean "the pit" a job no one did or wanted to do for a year. The most enjoyable part of the job would be finding an object like a cell phone, turning it into the security guard and finding out that person received they're lost item.
Pros
nice balance between work and free time
Cons
awkward hours