Halifax Shipyard Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work.
Will not provide to stay Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 October 2017
This might be one of the worst companies I have had the opportunity to work for (far too many reasons to name). Similar opinion was felt by most of my colleagues. Please avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
None.
Cons
Treated terribly.
Misreble place to work and very dangerous with no safety program.
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 August 2017
The absolute worst job a skilled tradesman or supervisor could ever consider being a part of. If you enjoy no safety program and being ignored when you bring up hazards and concerns then this is the place for you. People will most likely get seriously hurt on this job and then be fired with no compensation.
Pros
New facility
Cons
Everything else
Great Place to work
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 January 2017
I enjoyed coming into work in the morning working around good hardworking peers. Good management and a safe place to work. The Shipyard has good benefits foe employees.
Benefits
Low morale and work ethics
Welder (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 October 2013
Most employees encourage new hires not too work. If you do any sort of work you are told to stop or you are shunned which makes it a very difficult place to work.
Pros
Cons
cut out all overtime
Good place to work. Close to home, but overtime is unpaided or staight time for the supervisors.
Pipe Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, Nove Scotia20 April 2013
I have a crew of 10 to 20+ pipe fitters and pipe welders. We currently have 6 ship under construction at one time. I take care of pipe fabrication, and pipe install, pre-outfitting of the units I learned a lot about cost, planning and schedule. Management is good, easy to get along with. I enjoy working with my co-workers. They are a great bunch of guys. The hardest part of my day is planning and making sure material is available for the units. I enjoy being on the floor and complementing the men when they do a good job.
Pros
close to home
Cons
overtime for the supervision is straight time only or unpaid.
was a good company to work for
Welder/Ship Repair (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 February 2013
was a good company to work for ,although too far to travel in winter time
halifax shipyards
Welder (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 January 2013
worked hard as a welder liked my job.........what i learned was...... do your job no talking when working..management.. was good...........co-worker were good....the heardest part was ..none i liked it all....the most enjoyable part ..winter time working outside shiprepair geat day...on the docks time just flew.....