The Halifax & Region Military Family Resource Centre (H&R MFRC) is a registered charity, governed a volunteer Board of Directors. The H&R MFRC provides quality programs and services to our military community, which includes programming and services for the whole family.
The right career for the right person! We are currently seeking two casual/on call Family Information and Referral Services Workers based out of our Halifax Site. Must be able to work evenings and weekends
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide excellent customer service and reception services.
- Make appropriate referrals to resources available within the military and civilian community;
- Handle matters in a confidential and professional manner.
- Provide information on MFRC services, programs, Base and community resources
- Maintain program registration files, collect fees, including issuing tickets, updating register, and accepting payments (cash/credit/debit), issuing receipts and maintaining cash register
- Building security
- Administrative duties, filing, registration
- Able to calmly deal with stressful situations in a busy work environment
- Possess a degree in a social service field or equivalent experience
- Must be fluent in English and French an asset
- Previous CF experience an asset
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts 24/7 (to include nights, evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Excellent knowledge of community resources available to families
- Excellent interpersonal and assessment skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Very good computer skills and experience with Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of the unique challenges of the military family lifestyle essential
- Must pass screening process of the Child Abuse Registry and a Criminal Records check
- Drivers license and access to reliable transportation
Applications are being accepted until 29 September, 2013 at midnight
Start Date: ASAP Number of Positions: 1
Please forward resume to:
By Mail: Chris Saldon
PO Box 298, Shearwater NS, B0J 3A0
Fax: (902) 720-1943
Note: We appreciate and thank you for your interest in working for the Halifax & Region Military Family Resource Centre, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.