Shearwater Children’s Centre
Full Time (One Year Term) Early Childhood Educator
The Shearwater Children’s Centre is a provincially licensed childcare facility. Responsible to the Daycare Director, the Early Childhood Educator is responsible for the health and well being of children as well as the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for program development and curriculum implementation of toddler and preschool programs in cooperation with other ECE’s; in accordance with developmentally appropriate practice.
- Responsible for the use of team teaching techniques to provide children with stimulating age appropriate activities.
- Provide a safe, nurturing and stimulating learning environment to enhance development in all areas, while providing for the health and social well-being of the children.
- Use of appropriate behaviour guidance techniques
- Establish and maintain effective communication with children, staff, parents, and Director
- Responsible for the orientation of new children and their parents to the Centre
- Responsible to maintain an inviting, clean and healthy classroom environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
- Treat children and staff with dignity and respect.
- Believe in the philosophy, goals and inclusion statement of the Centre.
- Believe in and practice the mission and goals of the MFRC.
- Act as a role model of appropriate behaviour.
- Sound judgement and a mature attitude.
- To work cooperatively as a member of the child care team, facilitating a team environment through personal behaviour, work contributions and sharing of expertise and knowledge.
- Effective interpersonal skills; exhibiting a supportive, positive approach.
- A high degree of personal initiative and good planning and organizational skills
- When personal resources are challenged; have the ability to be energetic, resilient and maintain a sense of humour.
- Continue personal and professional development in related areas.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must possess a Nova Scotia Classification in Early Childhood Education.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with children ages 18 mos.- 5years
- Current First-Aid and CPR certification (Standard “C”)
- Criminal Records and Child Abuse Registry Check required.
Applications are being accepted until 4 August, 2014
Start Date: 2 September, 2014
Starting Salary: $29500 (includes ECE Grant) based on Classification Level, Education & Experience.
Benefits: Employer paid Health Plan, paid Vacation & Sick Time, Professional Development Allowance, paid Programming Time, and more.
Indeed - 7 months ago
The Halifax & Region Military Family Resource Centre (H&R MFRC) is a provincially registered charitable organization that is...