Based in Montreal and Chicago, with offices worldwide, Haivision Network Video is a private company and a world leader in delivering the most advanced and intelligent IP video networking and digital signage technology. Haivision’s products are deployed worldwide within the foremost Fortune 100 companies; in the most rigorous military and defense applications; in state-of-the-art healthcare facilities for video collaboration and training; in highly renowned educational institutions for IPTV, teaching, and remote learning; in the most efficient interactive broadcast applications; and within the world’s leading TelePresence suites. Haivision distributes its products through value-added resellers, system integrators, distributors, and OEMs worldwide.
The selected candidate will contribute to several projects according to his/her experience level and skill set. As part of QA team, the candidate will be asked to contribute to the development and execution of test suites, to the improvement of our automated test environment and more generally, to the enhancements of our development environment and processes.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Plan, design, document and develop test specifications and test requirements for manual as well as automated testing of company's products.
- Document, design, execute and troubleshoot system load, performance and stability test plans for system level testing.
- Conduct usability product testing and analysis to ensure the highest level of products' quality, interactivity and end-user functionality.
- Ensure that test results are promptly and accurately recorded.
- Troubleshoot software defects and ensure that they are logged quickly with clear description, replication steps and possible workarounds.
- Collaborate with developers to resolve software and hardware related problems.
- Ensure that resolved issues are verified and closed in timely manner.
- Provide support to beta customers during the beta cycle.
- Participate in technical documentation reviews.
- Actively participate in design and further improvements of the internal testing tools as well as the testing process in general.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with good knowledge of tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing and resolving technical problems.
- Good understanding of computer and telecommunication networks and excellent troubleshooting skills in those environments.
- Good understanding of Audio/Video standards (eg. MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264) as well as internet and transport streaming protocols.
- Familiarity with three major Operating Systems: Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
- Hands-on testing experience in Software Development (2-5 years).
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent is an asset.
- Good organizational skills with ability to track, prioritize and follow through numerous tasks.
- Detail oriented, methodical and thorough.
- Highly adaptive and capable of being an individual contributor as well as working as part of an extended team.
- Honest, dependable and proactive.
- Fluent in spoken English and French. Strong written communication skills in English, communicate efficiently and effectively.
QA Manager, Software Applications
- Competitive salary, healthcare/dental coverage and other benefits.
- Position within a fast growing, dynamic company.
- Free parking.
- All the cappuccino you can drink!
Please indicate clearly which position you are applying for.
For more company information, please visit www.haivision.com
Indeed - 16 months ago
Based in Montreal and Chicago, Haivision Network Video is a private company and a world leader in delivering the most advanced and...