Based in Montreal and Chicago, with offices worldwide, Haivision Network Video is a private company and a world leader in delivering the most advanced and intelligent IP video networking technology. Haivision’s products are deployed worldwide within the foremost Fortune 100 companies; in the most rigorous military and defense applications; in state-of-the-art healthcare facilities for video collaboration and training; in highly renowned educational institutions for IPTV, teaching, and remote learning; in the most efficient interactive broadcast applications; and within the world’s leading TelePresence suites. Haivision distributes its products through value-added resellers, system integrators, distributors, and OEMs worldwide.
Due to continued growth, we are currently looking for a Field and Support Engineer to help us continue reshaping and defining the future of video and cutting-edge content delivery. The ideal candidate has a strong working knowledge of Linux and experience with IP video systems and video streaming equipment. Working closely with the engineering development group, the successful candidate will be responsible for installing, configuring, testing, upgrading our IP Video Distribution systems. Support activities include performing program planning, installations on customer sites, remote installations/upgrades, customer phone support, remote network based support and configuration and customer site activities.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and install IP video distribution systems.
- Configure and commission Linux based IP video distribution systems, and verify proper deployment to customer sites.
- Diagnose, update and fix customer issues remotely via SSH and/or remote screen sharing, along with providing phone support and guidance.
- Help customers setup access control restrictions for administrative tools and help customers implement custom launch applets.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to multicast problems, hardware problems, software configuration issues, or network configuration errors.
- Ensure that customer requests are documented, tracked and resolved in a timely manner to maintain customer satisfaction and escalate urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge.
- Commitment to providing “24x7” support including on-call availability on a rotational basis.
- Readiness and Availability for 10% travel requirement both nationally and/or internationally to support pre-sales and post-sales situations.
- Strong experience interacting with customers.
- Strong experience with the Linux operating system, networking and network administration principles and practices.
- Strong experience in a testing environment.
- Hands-on with IP Protocol family and networking principles.
- Good understanding of Real time transport protocols such as RTP, MPEG-TS and Session protocols such as SIP and RTSP.
- Understanding of scripting language and develop automated testing tools.
- Knowledge of analog and digital audiovisual standards and compression technologies like MPEG-2 and MPEG-4/H.264.
Academic and Personal Requirements
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or the equivalent.
- Proven experience establishing and maintaining customer relationships.
- Autonomous, self-motivated and proactive team player with great attention to detail.
- Ability to write comprehensive technical documentation in English.
- Self-starter with ability to work with a minimal supervision.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Demonstrated ability to manage tense situations with clients demanding immediate attention.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Manager, Systems Support
- Competitive salary, healthcare/dental coverage and other benefits.
- Position within a fast growing, dynamic company.
- Free parking.
- All the cappuccino you can drink!
Please indicate clearly which position you are applying for. We look forward to hearing from you.
For more company information, please visit www.haivision.com
Indeed - 23 months ago
Based in Montreal and Chicago, Haivision Network Video is a private company and a world leader in delivering the most advanced and...