HAIR CLUB FOR MEN AND WOMEN

HAIR CLUB FOR MEN AND WOMEN Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent clientelle and team but management is a different issue- Unethical;
Head Stylist (Former Employee), Tukwila, WADecember 14, 2014
Pros: the clients
Cons: those who are in charge
This was my first time working for a corporation. What impressed me the most was during my interview I was told my main priority as a stylist was to help the client. The client comes first at all costs. That is something that I truly believe in so immediately I felt this was where I belonged. Not as much gossip as the average salon or at least I thought. Huge variety of clients from all walks of life. I immediately notice favoritism towards certain employees which can be understandable when it comes to seniority. The issue is many of the senior stylist hoard clients and build a general fear in the about going to anyone else. After I overcame this obstacle I realized that certain stylist were in heavy contact with the corporate leaders, which I viewed as a good thing. The issue with this is that only few are encouraged to do this. The corporate reps would visit from time to time to give us private interviews on management and other employees. I thought this was interesting because even though these interviews are supposedly private the manager in my salon would listen outside of the door, ruining any chance of confidentiality. Like most corporations, numbers are the most important thing and I realized this company was unethical when I saw on several occasions finically unstable people being lied to and taken advantage of by being told to spend more. Many people don't even know what service is being offered to them and assume it is a surgical procedure and later find out they are buying a variation of a wig they can be purchased anywhere for pennies on the hairclub dollar. Many – more... people are people are also told they are not due a full refund if unsatisfied when in fact they are. Hairclub will even deduct money from your paycheck if their deceptive plan does not work and the client decides to leave the first six months. The gossip comes from the management mainly, and when your are confronted about so called confidential information your well aware who is talking. This company had the potential to be what its originators hoped for, but instead clients constantly have their self esteem attacked and are made to believe they are less if they decide the free themselves of this service. I believe the customer comes first. I believe advancement opportunities should be available. This company takes in hundreds of thousands of dollars at each location every month and this machine revolves around its stylist but yet they make little to nothing. Everyone other than the stylist are send on trips and cruises to celebrate profits. Stylist receive a $50 gift card for Christmas and 50 cent pocket mirrors for employee appreciation. You get vacation time but you will always be made to feel guilty for taking time off. Breaks and lunches are hit and miss. Some managers will make you clock off even if you don't have lunch for legal purposes. Complaining to HR will get you nowhere- there have been very legitimate complaints filed from my former salon that had no disciplinary actions. Raises- 10-15 cents if that. The average stylist is making what a full time server would make at applebees with tips, but yet "high end" is constantly stressed. The hair quality has gone down EXTREMELY- consistency is always an issue. Management talks very bad and unprofessionally about clients. People are serviced who should not be. Stylist are overworked and get in trouble for overtime at some locations. The average service take 1:15- many appointments are reduced by half the time. If your will to buy, they will sell. Even if it doesn't fit look natural or complement your current look.- Positives. The styling team is usual very close. The stylist and the corporation are very separate. The stylist have hands on relationships with the clientele so it makes since why they care more. I benefited from working for this company because they used to offer monthly training which has now been cut for budgets. I met several smart successful people and I learned that I cannot work for a company who does not respect their employees and does not put the customer first. – less
productive and fun workplace with traveling
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 11, 2014
Cons: healthcare
Greeting and placing patients
Obtaining the surgery consent form
Setting up and maintaining the surgery room
Take and record vital signs
Setting up the surgical tray
Assist doctor during the surgery(hair transplant surgery
Take the skin specimen and dividing under the microscope by the single hair follicles(1,-2,- or 3 hair follicle)
Placement the follicles into recipient area
Providing pre-op and post-up instructions
Setting up the follow-up appointments
Suture removal procedure
Utilize PC to enter and retrieve data
Wonderful team environment and sense of family
Membership Advisor/Assistant Director (Former Employee), Maitland, FLAugust 12, 2014
Has a great work life balance and wonderful team spirit, very family like feel. Toughest part is dealing with difficult clients while also respecting the limits & abilites of your job title within the company. Loved the schedule and loved my co-workers.
Laborious, hectic, stressful, poor leadership
Hair stylist (Former Employee), Glendale, CaMay 25, 2014
Pros: arduous off site training in hairpiece application and working with adhesives and solvents
Cons: required to clean foul hairpieces by hand, and apply them in tight time constraints, sinks backing up, order mix ups, general disorganization is common place.
First, you will undergo an arduous hiring process. There is and never will be anything in cosmetology, that will prepare you for what is in store for you in this position. It is a contradiction of everything you've learned, you will not be treated as the professional you are. Stylists are even considered subordinate to the receptionist. You will be working under a tyrant with zero knowledge of cosmetology.
Never a dull moment
New Client Specialist (Current Employee), Orange, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: set schedule
Cons: set schedule tuesday- saturday
Fun, unique environment. Great relationships made with clients almost feels like family at times. Great for learning. Wide range of personalities, corporate, administration and hair stylist working as a team.
Possibly a good company but local management completely inept
Membership Advisor (Former Employee), San DiegoDecember 15, 2013
Pros: possibly the earning potential
Cons: incompetent local management & clueless upper level management
Cons – An absolute joke of a manager in my local center. A complete disconnect between upper level management and local center (lack of) management. Clients pulling me aside to express their concern because the center manager is so frazzled & unengaging. The manager, along with the initial sales person, are so focused on covering their tails that glossing over facts & placing blame are their tactics. Lack of support from upper level management. Failure of upper level management to gather truth or even tackle the problem at its source. I knew after my 1st day of "observing" that the place was in dire straits, but ignored my instinct. This knowledge & observing of a sinking ship was validated on my 2nd "observing" day, over the weekend at their nat'l convention & everyday following while training in other--successful centers over the next 2 weeks. Again, I ignored my instincts. Being told every step on the way that I would be a great support for the inept manager. Said manager was actually congratulated while at nat'l convention for having me new on staff. Plane ride to & from nat'l convention gave me a chance to listen to the stylist supervisor talk about how ineffective the center manager is/was, as well as her chiming in throughout weekend about how the company as a whole didn't have much respect for the center manager or his ability to lead & manage successfully. Having kept all of this to myself was a huge mistake. I wondered why, in training at other (successful) centers, when it was mentioned that I'd be working for this particular center manager, people would smirk & knowing – more... looks were exchanged between other co-workers. How can a center losing $$, with a lack of solid (& knowledgable) leadership, poor closing percentage, poor moral & untrusting clients suddenly be blamed on someone working a total of 13 days in the center? The manager's answer to everything is to give free product. Because he is so painstakingly slow on the computer, he ends up just giving the product away, simply because he can't properly check someone out; "Here, this is my gift to you. I don't want you to have to wait any longer". Stylists not on time--after clients sat in waiting room for almost 10 minutes, his big idea was to go & get them & say "I'm going to take you back. Your stylist is pulling in the parking lot right now" Sad to say, he has absolutely no idea what he doesn't know. Interestingly enough, his most common phrase to me (before I got into the center & obviously brought out his every insecurity) was how he was going to learn so much from me & all of my management experience--being that he had absolutely none. My 1st full day in my center in my new role, my manager didn't even talk to me until the last 3 hours. When passing the center manager in the hallway, he usually ducks his head & doesn't even acknowledge your presence. When my facial expression showed concern for this behavior, a fellow co-worker offered "Don't worry, you're now one of us. He'll ignore you or even be a bit curt & then he'll want to come up to you to get a high-five & tell you 'You're awesome'. You're one of us now". After that 1st day in the center, I had to pull aside the manager & the stylist supervisor to suggest that if we each talk separately in our AM meeting it will be much more effective. This, of course, was not only misunderstood, but also met with push back. I had all the signs shown to me, but believed in the greater good. The 2 in control of that center are the weakest (broken) links & will be what continues to bring that center down to its knees. 12 days in the center, in my role resulted in 4 upgrades, 2 converted onto programs and a 2nd surgery sale (that, of course someone threw a fit over & had it taken away from me). In my book, that's success. 12 days & I had clients requesting the number & address for corporate so they could express their concern upon learning I'd been let go. My biggest piece of advice to ANYONE coming into the company is to not trust a single person--NO ONE. The way to make it, at least in my local center, is to CYA! – less
your career OWNED by a company
former hairstylist 16 yrs (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 5, 2013
Pros: set schedule, insurance benefits
Cons: cant trust anyone.everyone wants to get ahead at all cost.
Great job security if you plan on retiring there. Usually no room for advancement or raises.the company owns you if your on the clock or not. Your commisions are a pay day loan.
Enjoyed being the first friendly face clients saw.
Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee), Rye Brook, NYAugust 21, 2013
I opened up the front desk daily by counting and setting up the cash bank. Pulled all client files and set up daily schedules for stylists. Greeted all patients, received payments and set up their future appointments. Conducted private consultations with new clients/patients. Kept inventory and guest area supplied. I loved working with the stylists and being their liaison with the clients and corporate office. I pretty much was responsible for keeping the office running smoothly.
Discontent
Stylist (Current Employee), Elmwood Park, NJMarch 11, 2013
Pros: steady, stable
Cons: boring, redundant, frustrating
Have been looking to advance within the company for a good amount of time now without acknowledgement from upper management. Need to be earning more and have not been given any options for advancement or solutions. Management lacking initiative and mildly holds others accountable for their performance. Ongoing issues without resolution.
it is a great and professional enviroment to work in
front desk supervisor/production coordination (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 14, 2012
Pros: great location to get to
Cons: not happy with health insurance very expensive
I have workes with hcm for 6yrs and love what they do for our clientst ...they turn people dreams into reality When it comes to appearance with hair.
Educational workplace
Marketing Internship (Former Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 13, 2012
(Marketing Internship)

Responsible for expansion of business relations through effective marketing campaigns. Conducted product up-selling and maintained revenue targets; facilitated acquisitions of new sales.
Great group to work with.
Center Administrator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2012
Cons: hours are tuesday through saturday.
Enjoy working with co-workers and clients. It's like being with family everyday.

About HAIR CLUB FOR MEN AND WOMEN

Regis is hair, there, and everywhere. The world's biggest hair salon company, Regis owns, franchises, or holds a stake in some – Read more