HAIR CLUB FOR MEN AND WOMEN

HAIR CLUB FOR MEN AND WOMEN Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Laborious, hectic, stressful, poor leadership
Hair stylist (Former Employee), Glendale, CaMay 25, 2014
Pros: arduous off site training in hairpiece application and working with adhesives and solvents
Cons: required to clean foul hairpieces by hand, and apply them in tight time constraints, sinks backing up, order mix ups, general disorganization is common place.
First, you will undergo an arduous hiring process. There is and never will be anything in cosmetology, that will prepare you for what is in store for you in this position. It is a contradiction of everything you've learned, you will not be treated as the professional you are. Stylists are even considered subordinate to the receptionist. You will be – more... working under a tyrant with zero knowledge of cosmetology. – less
Never a dull moment
New Client Specialist (Current Employee), Orange, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: set schedule
Cons: set schedule tuesday- saturday
Fun, unique environment. Great relationships made with clients almost feels like family at times. Great for learning. Wide range of personalities, corporate, administration and hair stylist working as a team.
Possibly a good company but local management completely inept
Membership Advisor (Former Employee), San DiegoDecember 15, 2013
Pros: possibly the earning potential
Cons: incompetent local management & clueless upper level management
Cons – An absolute joke of a manager in my local center. A complete disconnect between upper level management and local center (lack of) management. Clients pulling me aside to express their concern because the center manager is so frazzled & unengaging. The manager, along with the initial sales person, are so focused on covering their tails that glossing – more... over facts & placing blame are their tactics. Lack of support from upper level management. Failure of upper level management to gather truth or even tackle the problem at its source. I knew after my 1st day of "observing" that the place was in dire straits, but ignored my instinct. This knowledge & observing of a sinking ship was validated on my 2nd "observing" day, over the weekend at their nat'l convention & everyday following while training in other--successful centers over the next 2 weeks. Again, I ignored my instincts. Being told every step on the way that I would be a great support for the inept manager. Said manager was actually congratulated while at nat'l convention for having me new on staff. Plane ride to & from nat'l convention gave me a chance to listen to the stylist supervisor talk about how ineffective the center manager is/was, as well as her chiming in throughout weekend about how the company as a whole didn't have much respect for the center manager or his ability to lead & manage successfully. Having kept all of this to myself was a huge mistake. I wondered why, in training at other (successful) centers, when it was mentioned that I'd be working for this particular center manager, people would smirk & knowing looks were exchanged between other co-workers. How can a center losing $$, with a lack of solid (& knowledgable) leadership, poor closing percentage, poor moral & untrusting clients suddenly be blamed on someone working a total of 13 days in the center? The manager's answer to everything is to give free product. Because he is so painstakingly slow on the computer, he ends up just giving the product away, simply because he can't properly check someone out; "Here, this is my gift to you. I don't want you to have to wait any longer". Stylists not on time--after clients sat in waiting room for almost 10 minutes, his big idea was to go & get them & say "I'm going to take you back. Your stylist is pulling in the parking lot right now" Sad to say, he has absolutely no idea what he doesn't know. Interestingly enough, his most common phrase to me (before I got into the center & obviously brought out his every insecurity) was how he was going to learn so much from me & all of my management experience--being that he had absolutely none. My 1st full day in my center in my new role, my manager didn't even talk to me until the last 3 hours. When passing the center manager in the hallway, he usually ducks his head & doesn't even acknowledge your presence. When my facial expression showed concern for this behavior, a fellow co-worker offered "Don't worry, you're now one of us. He'll ignore you or even be a bit curt & then he'll want to come up to you to get a high-five & tell you 'You're awesome'. You're one of us now". After that 1st day in the center, I had to pull aside the manager & the stylist supervisor to suggest that if we each talk separately in our AM meeting it will be much more effective. This, of course, was not only misunderstood, but also met with push back. I had all the signs shown to me, but believed in the greater good. The 2 in control of that center are the weakest (broken) links & will be what continues to bring that center down to its knees. 12 days in the center, in my role resulted in 4 upgrades, 2 converted onto programs and a 2nd surgery sale (that, of course someone threw a fit over & had it taken away from me). In my book, that's success. 12 days & I had clients requesting the number & address for corporate so they could express their concern upon learning I'd been let go. My biggest piece of advice to ANYONE coming into the company is to not trust a single person--NO ONE. The way to make it, at least in my local center, is to CYA! – less
your career OWNED by a company
former hairstylist 16 yrs (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 5, 2013
Pros: set schedule, insurance benefits
Cons: cant trust anyone.everyone wants to get ahead at all cost.
Great job security if you plan on retiring there. Usually no room for advancement or raises.the company owns you if your on the clock or not. Your commisions are a pay day loan.
Enjoyed being the first friendly face clients saw.
Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee), Rye Brook, NYAugust 21, 2013
I opened up the front desk daily by counting and setting up the cash bank. Pulled all client files and set up daily schedules for stylists. Greeted all patients, received payments and set up their future appointments. Conducted private consultations with new clients/patients. Kept inventory and guest area supplied. I loved working with the stylists – more... and being their liaison with the clients and corporate office. I pretty much was responsible for keeping the office running smoothly. – less
Discontent
Stylist (Current Employee), Elmwood Park, NJMarch 11, 2013
Pros: steady, stable
Cons: boring, redundant, frustrating
Have been looking to advance within the company for a good amount of time now without acknowledgement from upper management. Need to be earning more and have not been given any options for advancement or solutions. Management lacking initiative and mildly holds others accountable for their performance. Ongoing issues without resolution.
it is a great and professional enviroment to work in
front desk supervisor/production coordination (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 14, 2012
Pros: great location to get to
Cons: not happy with health insurance very expensive
I have workes with hcm for 6yrs and love what they do for our clientst ...they turn people dreams into reality When it comes to appearance with hair.
Educational workplace
Marketing Internship (Former Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 13, 2012
(Marketing Internship)

Responsible for expansion of business relations through effective marketing campaigns. Conducted product up-selling and maintained revenue targets; facilitated acquisitions of new sales.
Great group to work with.
Center Administrator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2012
Cons: hours are tuesday through saturday.
Enjoy working with co-workers and clients. It's like being with family everyday.

About HAIR CLUB FOR MEN AND WOMEN

Regis is hair, there, and everywhere. The world's biggest hair salon company, Regis owns, franchises, or holds a stake in some – Read more