Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver (HFHGV) is looking to expand our team! HFHGV is currently seeking an individual for the position of Fund Development Manager.
But first, let’s share some detail on the organization. HFHGV works with partner families to build safe, decent affordable housing. What is interesting about our model is the ReStore. Our ReStores receive new and used home décor and building materials donated by homeowners, contractors, retailers and manufacturers, which we sell to the public at greatly reduced prices. Money raised through sales covers 100% of the cost of HFHGV’s operations. That means that every dollar donated to HFHGV can go directly towards building homes for families in need. It also means that we reduce waste and recycle in a way that greatly impacts our local communities.
If you are looking to combine your professional pursuits with a social cause this is an excellent opportunity for you. A fast paced and challenging environment, where everyone is there with a greater purpose in mind, HFHGV’s employees, volunteers and customer experience drive our ability to meet the needs for affordable housing.
Reporting to the CEO, the Fund Development Manager develops and executes the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising which may include major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources.
- Housing for All
- Human Dignity
- Faith in Action
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the Board of Directors and CEO to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Implements the fund development plans in accordance with ethical fundraising principles
- Monitors and evaluates all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
- Monitors trends in the community or region and adapts fundraising strategies as necessary
- Develops and manages timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner
- Develop required fundraising policies and procedures that reflect ethical fundraising practices
- Prepares and submits grant applications as outlined in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization
- Oversees the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization
- Identifies and develops corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization's fundraising priorities
- Maintains and administers the donor mailing list and database which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information
- Engages volunteers for special fund development projects using established volunteer management practices
- Develops and gains approval for an annual income and expenditure budget for the fund development program
- Prepares regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditure related to fundraising and the management of the fund development activities
- Monitors expenses and analyze budget reports on fund development and recommend changes as necessary
- Fosters an understanding of philanthropy within the organization
- Develops a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization
- Coordinates the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts
- Builds relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
- Comply with all policies and procedures
- These are representative duties and responsibilities which are not all encompassing and may change from time to time.
Education and Experience
- A university degree is required
- Fundraising certificate would be an asset
- 5 plus years of experience in fundraising is required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Advanced level skills Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
- Advanced level skills Sage50 Fundraising Program
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Strong knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting charities
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage both paid and unpaid resources when executing events
- Knowledge of the Canadian Centre for Philanthropy's Ethical Fundraising and Financial Accountability Code
- Ability to act as a spokesperson for the organization, as appropriate
- Confidence to ask for donations and sponsorships
- Strong sense of initiative
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends to accommodate events and networking schedule
For more information on Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver please visit us at www.habitatgv.ca
Thank you for your interest. Only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted directly.