Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Nice people, great customers, hard work. Hired through VCCS
Retail and Labour (Placement) (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON24 June 2017
Work was hard, which was a good thing, It kept me on my toes and fit. Little pay was a bummer, but I understand why with being non profit. Management and the regulars there are amazing.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, done at your own pace
Cons
hard work, little pay.
Exploitative Work Environment
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 June 2017
I was lied to regarding job duties and hours, The workplace was unsafe, My health benefits were delayed, I was released before my heal benefits activated, I was released without cause or reason
Good place to volunteer and gain experience
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 June 2017
really enjoyed it, learned quite a bit abpout safe work practices, building, working with others.
got to install electrical boxes, and various other things.
very demanding and humbling
CEO (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 June 2017
Great non-profit charity to work for.
Very rewarding and humbling experience
wonderful, committed volunteers and staff
I had a awesome 10 years with this great organization and witness transformation of many individuals and families
Pros
So many unmeasurable pros
Cons
there are no cons to transformation of one life journey only positive effects
Volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2017
Volunteering is very rewarding. You're not getting paid and it isn't about that. If you enjoy working with your hands and need volunteer hours, this might be the job for you.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Hard work
Positive Workplace
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON7 June 2017
I enjoy helping other and h4h gave great opportunities to do that and give back to the community and the needy, habitat for humanity is and amazing company to work for
Pros
Free lunch
productive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 June 2017
this job has helped me interact better with people that where constantly around . hardest thing of this job was figuring out where things went when items came in
Great place to work.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2017
There are a lot of different things to do at the Habitat for humanity and the Restore. I started volunteering at the Restore and I had no problems working there. There are a lot of students volunteering, I found the people there are great and a lot of fun to work with. It a nice environment to work in and to gain experience.
Pros
Free food
Cons
may get hurt on the job.
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2017
was nice to enjoyed the team , i had many friends , i helped many employees and i took care of the duties , was more than fun , i which i could go back
Great experience and amazing program.
VOLUNTEER/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB31 May 2017
I enjoyed this hands on experience. Got my hands on everything except plumbing and electrical. Would possibly like to do this volunteer work again, it was an overall skill gaining experience.
Go to the build side of the business not the Restore
Manager, Receiving/shipping (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 May 2017
The volunteers were great but the management was very inexperienced and had no concept of retailing. Working conditions were hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
The build side of the business would be the place to go but would avoid the Restore side of the business.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the volunteers.
Pros
non
Cons
working with the management
Great Staff
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 May 2017
The environment has been pleasant on the days I'm there, and co-workers are helpful. Cashier set up is simple enough to understand, and it's calm generally.
Good starting volunteer job and friendly staff
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 May 2017
Good starting volunteer job for individuals who seek to improve their customer service, organization, and productivity skills. Friendly staff as well.
it was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 May 2017
i did the job that have to be done. I did like working there but i dont see myself going back and working there again, not because i didnt enjoy it, jus because i dont see myself going in there again.
Productive with massive amounts of effort to work with.
Site Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Ab.10 May 2017
Most rewarding place of employment. Helping volunteers fill a need to contribute back to society not only with time but acquired skill contribution. Every day a new beginning and days end an accomplishment for what was completed . Every end of the day was a heart felt thank you for the help that the volunteers had given but let be known that the gift had no strings in other words the gift of training returned it self in the ability to contribute in any way that was possible. God Bless All.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Expectation during winter months and summers heat same
Great atmosphere
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 May 2017
Everyone got along and work got done simple as that. It was volunteer work so It was quite busy. My experience has been good with them but don't plan on fully applying because they look for permanent employees, not summer jobbers. Overall 8/10
Very rewarding volunteering.
Unloader/floor helper/carry-outs (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON5 May 2017
Habitat for Humanity is a volunteer run store. I worked there to accumulate my volunteer hours needed to graduate grade 12. I learned a lot about giving excellent customer service, carrying out directions given to me by my superiors. Plus I learned more about home renovations and stuff since the majority of merchandise they sell is for the home. The hardest part of the job was trying o plan out where to put everything that was being donated, people are continually dropping goods off to be given a second chance for someone else. The store can get quite busy so it's important to get everything out quickly so people have a chance to see it. The most enjoyable part was seeing the appreciation in the customers eyes when they've found just what they needed to complete a project, or they've found something vintage that brings back memories. You see it all at Habitat for Humanity. Management treated everyone very fairly, they appreciate you volunteering for this worthy cause and helping less fortunate out.
Pros
Knowing you're helping for a good cause!
Cons
Trying to fit large items in small cars.
super efficient work place
volontary (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2017
it was a super nice experience, staff is amazing and they are efficient and easy going. i had lots of fun, the day when by fast and we had lunch serve for the help we provide
Very flexible, good people
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON23 April 2017
I was offered a position in volunteering when i was looking for hours for community service. The people were incredibly nice and gave me very flexible hours to achieve my volunteer hour goals.
Good!
pick up and drop off with the truck (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 April 2017
A typical day at work is good. I learned a lot. I managed the items in the back for cleaning and buffing and then placing on the floor. The workplace culture was light and easy. The hardest part of my job was cleaning toilets. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving the shop to go in the truck for pick ups or drop offs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4