Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
prodictive and fun enviorment
Customer service Representative (Former Employee), Scarborough on BermonsidyJune 18, 2015
Pros: free pizza lunch
Cons: sometimes it get tired
I love to go to Volunteer at Habitat for Humanity, because i got to be around with great staff and customers. I assist customers with household building, washroom, painting supplies, and furniture.  – more... Habitat for Humanity, also help build house for families in need, and most of the profits they make in the Restore, goes to do exact that and more. When i go to Habitat on my days off, i go there because the staffs are loving,to be around. Customers, are also friendly and happy when they come at the Restore, because they know where there money is going and the staffs and volunteers are polite, hard working, honest, and very respectful towards them. – less
Productive & fun place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: No free parking because of location
We arrived early in the morning, greeted the crew, put on safety gears, consulted with the foreman for assignments & instructions, introduced ourselves to our partners or several, and started our assignments. – more... Sometimes we need training, other times we used our knowledge from previous experiences. We have free lunches from a small cafeteria in the building, or the manager ordered pizza. I don't find the job extraneous, but moving the furniture in was a hand full. – less
productive and fun
Project Worker / Alberta Job Corps (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 12, 2015
I enjoyed my time I had there easy to get along with staff I learned a lot everyone where all amazing friendly hard working environment
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 5, 2015
I enjoy volunteering at Habitat for Humanity. It has a fun and easy going environment. The employees and Managers are great.
Great volunteering experience with awesome employees.
Product Tester Volunteer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2015
I love the charity work, the interaction with my colleagues and the public. I have learnt customer service, safety and sustainability practice.
Fun Place
Supervisor assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free parking
A typical day at work is so much fun for me and the crew members, we discus ahead what we will do and so on, we are a real team, understanding each other all the time, its a process of learning all the time.
amazing place to work with a great message
Pick up driver (Former Employee), DartmouthMarch 18, 2015
Pros: building home for less fortunate people that wouldn't be able to afford a mortgage any other way.
Cons: heavy lifting.
typical day at work was opening and closing the store, assisting customers with their purchases, assisting loading and unloading trucks. met some amazing people and made some new friends, most enjoyable part of the job was helping raise money for the homes that habitat built.
Productive and Fun work Environment.
Customer Service / Merchandiser (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMarch 16, 2015
Great high energy,fun and educational place to work. Always busy and interactive, with lots going on in the Store and back in the warehouse. Great management and co- workers.
Typical Day
Co-op Education (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 12, 2015
setting up pieces of equipment, installation of... Windows, Doors, Siding, Drywall, Muding, Tapping, Tiling. Ect to everyday work aspects.
Good work enviorment
Volunteer (Current Employee), Brampton, OntarioFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great learning experience.
Cons: working out doors in cold wheather
Good learning experience, good people , good management. Got to assist in the construction of homes for families in the community along with other volunteers and employees.
Great Staff and Friendly Atmosphere
Volunteer (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 22, 2015
would be going to different retailers to pickup donations and bring them back to the restore for sorting and pricing. Management was great and co-workers were always friendly. The hardest part of the job was the physical labour at times, when moving heavy kitchens. I enjoyed the people I worked with the most.
Was hired through Keys Employment
Customer Service and Handyman (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: slow hours
This was a volunteer workplace but I was hired through Keys so it was alright. I would go with a co-workers to do pick-ups and deliveries. I would help customers with want ever they were looking for in the store. The work environment was quiet. It was alright for a contract job
Good
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), St. John's, NLDecember 16, 2014
Good job. I enjoyed my experience with this organization. I would recommend my friends to donate to this organization. It's a good place to work.
It was a volunteer job.
volunteer work (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCNovember 26, 2014
Pros: free pizza
My mom applied for and was granted a Habitat for Humanity House. I volunteered a couple of times to help her with her hours.
fun place to go at to work
Driver (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONOctober 22, 2014
Pros: lot of vacation time
day start by doing truck inspection then going to consumers house to pick up donation for store for resale
Fun place to work, great coworkers, friendly customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), calgary CanadaOctober 12, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers, friendly customers and genuinely a good place to be
Cons: boss always taking your hours away and bullying you around
typical day at work, loading cars for customers and putting through transactions, moving items out onto the floor. i learned that there are some good places to work where you can be both happy an helpful. – more... The Management was really good to start off but they turned into, to be honest. Bullies. they always made threats towards your job if you didn't do what they wanted as fast as they wanted. safety became non existent an when i was injured, the boss started throwing hissy fits and even though i had been there 1st and i trained him, he didn't like me an did everything he could to make me quit, since i wouldn't he saw it fit to fire me. my coworkers were great, we acted like a family. there was only around 15? of us and we came together well. the hardest part of the job is defiantly loading customers cars, they always come in small cars for big items, but it was great. the best part of the job was the level at which you got to know your customers. some were really great and always so friendly. if i hadn't been let go based off the management not liking me. id of still been there sadly – less
Very poor training
Receptionist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 6, 2014
All though I believed in the company philosophy in general, I was inadequately informed of my responsibilities. I enjoyed working with each and every employee, however, and gained valuable experience.
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), BurnabySeptember 28, 2014
volunteered as a teenager in my free time. nice people working there and running the show. great service and friendly co-workers
all around place to work
Worker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: little full-time oppurtunities
great place to work in or with always helping the homeless and the distraught, always something new to work on or fix or go pick-up.
Working
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee), TorontoSeptember 8, 2014
It is a very lay back place. Everyone is friendly and there is always work to do. You are always meeting new people and making friends
It is a great workplace and I enjoyed it

1 2 3

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Photos

Restore
On the inside of the Re-Store
The Actual store itself