Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews in Canada

nice people to work for
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONJune 23, 2016
Great place to work for, nice people
unloaded trucks
did lots of lifting heavy stuff like appliances
I worked part of a team
they were very accommodating
Cons
NO perm jobs
Exemplary working conditions
In-store volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 21, 2016
- Had to organize goods frequently so that the customers do not have a hard time to find the product they want
- aid customers to find the right product and, in general, provide our service with the best of our ability

While volunteering at Habitat for Humanity, I got to meet many people and be an active member of our society. There, I excelled in my communication skills and was able to be more efficient while working. If I was not helping a customer, I was organizing products or helping out with bringing in new products into the store. I enjoyed working with the staff as they were pleasant and were able to bring the best out of me.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Occasionally give up lunch time
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 21, 2016
It's definitely a fun place to work at, I learned that being a sales associate can be rough but at the end of the day I know that i'm passionate about working there due to my interest in homes. Management was fun to work with especially when it came down to having fun and working all day. Hardest part of the job was the long hours that I had to put in daily.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
No benefits
A casual and flexible workplace
Internship / Freelance Graphic Design (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 13, 2016
A typical work day for me would be 9 to 5 working at my own pace on print materials. As a freelance graphic designer working for Habitat, I learned that working on projects is more than just the designers job.
Volunteer position
Food Procurement Chair (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONJune 12, 2016
This position was full of customer service attributes. The job was to go out to service clubs, church groups, etc to ask for their service with the preparation of the food for the volunteer workers. It was exciting to meet new people and see the level of volunteerism.
Pros
Fulfilling to assist with Habitat for Humanity.
Good Workplace, with good people
Labourer Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 11, 2016
a typical day at work would be helping out customers with locating products into their vehicles, aswell as making sure customers always left without disappointment towards service.
Pros
Good environment
every location is different, there's lots to learn
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2016
every location is run by different people, and you have the opportunity to learn a different skill set. I gave the salary, job security and management 5 stars only because I didn't want to give a bad rating, but I was just a volunteer and there is no N/A section
Pros
free lunch
productive
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONJune 7, 2016
A typical day is socializing with customers with anything specific needs and helping carry their products to their vehicles.
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Cons
slow day
An amazing learning experience
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BCJune 2, 2016
A typical day on the job would be my foreman telling me the job I have to accomplish for the day and assisting when I need it. I have learned about the, electrical, carpentry, and plumbing that goes into building a house. The hardest part about working with Habitat was the lack of up to date safety.
Pros
Great people
It was a good place to work at
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 5, 2016
It was enjoyable, busy enough that you werent bored, mundane and easy enough that anyone could do it and they let us have smoke breaks often enough I couldnt complain
Friendly environment
Volunteer - Construction Handyman (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
I enjoyed helping the community by assisting in build the house and I loved working with the power tools because I enjoy hands-on work a lot.
Volunteer
Volunteer Coordinator Intern (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 11, 2016
I acted as the Volunteer Coordinator Intern at HFHRD. I did data entry or potential volunteers and researched potential companies who could volunteer hours.
found out how valuable company was to community
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 29, 2016
-start up computer
-enter program
-enter daily receipts and expenditures
-had to place receipts and expenditure slips on face of photocopier and copy them at the end of the week.

-I learned the company's process in record keeping of receipts and expenditures

-management was as patient as can be in teaching

-co-workers were somewhat helpful

-hardest part of the job became apparent as even though instructions were given, I could not concentrate as I was experiencing a health problem at the start.

- I got my own office space, I liked entering the expenditures & etc. into computer
Pros
the job itself
Cons
at this moment in time, the inability to concentrate didn't allow me to pick up instructions properly
was okay
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 16, 2016
was interesting and every day you did something new and met new people made friends with the co-workers and found it to be enjoyable with them around
Pros
community
Cons
no pay
Working at Habitat for Humanity
Restore Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Through Habitat for Humanity, I have learned and experienced more than I could have imagined. I truly enjoy going to work and the positive energy in the workplace makes for a quick shift. My coworkers are considered family at this point and I wouldn't change that at all. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to meet and interact with a wide range of people and personalities, while raising money for local builds in the community. The hardest part of the job is having to see first hand the different struggles people go through on a day to day basis. It is our job to help them to the best of our ability, but sometimes it can be too much, and that can be disheartening. I will always cherish my time at Kingston's Habitat for Humanity.
We demolished a house
Volunteer work to help demolish a house (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJanuary 7, 2016
It was a great experience working hard and getting to work with grown ups really showed me the work force from a young age.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
not a stable job
The Job was alright, but was poorly managed.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONDecember 22, 2015
I would enjoy a regular busy day of disassembling donations. The only difficulty I would have is that many senior members of staff were insulting handicapped people on a regular basis. The running of the business was also poorly done also, and as a result I quit. Apart from the attitude problems that the management displayed, I found the job to be enjoyable. With my many years experience in construction, both residential and industrial, and also minor factory work involving the making of blueprints, and the making of cupolas and 2 tiers. This, as well as the making of gazebos, give me a good understanding of how to perform the work I was assigned at the Habitat for Humanity. As I mentioned earlier, the only trouble I had with my job at Habitat for Humanity was the management's bad attitude, which is why I left.
Pros
Easy to perform labour work
Cons
Management had a bad attitude towards handicapped people.
Excellent place to work, great people and great opportunities.
CUSTOMER SERVICE\STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Langford, BCDecember 7, 2015
I started volunteering at ReStore purely to give myself something to do on the weekends, not really caring about impressing anybody or the impact it will have later on in my life.

The ReStore was a small store with a lot of personality, and never had I felt stressed or immensely pressured to my responsibilities here as I have felt everywhere else.
The staff are excellent leaders who radiate a sense of positivity and value that is often hard to find in workplaces where people can sometimes be more concerned about taking care of themselves and doing their own job. And this positivity is extremely vital for anybody in a workplace, whether they are just starting out or trying to keep up with their lives and push themselves forward in the world of working.
The staff at the ReStore are truly an exemplary example of how a workplace SHOULD be maintained; with respect to others that they would wish for themselves.

If anybody is looking to either gain experience in the retail world or even just keep themselves busy as I did, I couldn't think of a better place to do it.
Pros
Amazing staff, valuable experience.
Cons
Volunteering does not pay unfortunately.
Habitat Restore
Warehouse Lead Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 1, 2015
Fun to work there first 2 years. Last year and 8 months not fun anymore.(abusive management). high turn over due to humiliating and bullying staff.
Pros
great people
Cons
bad managemant
Great Job
Shipping & Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 26, 2015
Loved this job gave me the knowledge that i need to advance throught my career Gave me the feeling of happiness of knowing that i was helping people that needed a hand up in the community and putting them in to homes. the only job that had the biggest impact on my life.

4.4