Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews in Canada

found out how valuable company was to community
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 29, 2016
-start up computer
-enter program
-enter daily receipts and expenditures
-had to place receipts and expenditure slips on face of photocopier and copy them at the end of the week.

-I learned the company's process in record keeping of receipts and expenditures

-management was as patient as can be in teaching

-co-workers were somewhat helpful

-hardest part of the job became apparent as even though instructions were given, I could not concentrate as I was experiencing a health problem at the start.

- I got my own office space, I liked entering the expenditures & etc. into computer
Pros
the job itself
Cons
at this moment in time, the inability to concentrate didn't allow me to pick up instructions properly
Exemplary working conditions
In-store volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 21, 2016
- Had to organize goods frequently so that the customers do not have a hard time to find the product they want
- aid customers to find the right product and, in general, provide our service with the best of our ability

While volunteering at Habitat for Humanity, I got to meet many people and be an active member of our society. There, I excelled in my communication skills and was able to be more efficient while working. If I was not helping a customer, I was organizing products or helping out with bringing in new products into the store. I enjoyed working with the staff as they were pleasant and were able to bring the best out of me.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Occasionally give up lunch time
Excellent starting position for anyone looking to start in the retail industry.
Store Associate (YMCA Youth Employment program) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 8, 2016
Very laid back environment with likable supervisors and mangers. However job often requires completing various heavy lifting tasks that require physical endurance. Employee's must be physically fit be wary of dangers of dealing with heavy objects. Not many flaws in the working environment; generally employees would be working with excellent conditions and people.
Pros
Excellent managers and supervisors. Various tasks; rarely boring.
Cons
Requires physical endurance. Limited amount of working positions for applicants.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 21, 2016
It's definitely a fun place to work at, I learned that being a sales associate can be rough but at the end of the day I know that i'm passionate about working there due to my interest in homes. Management was fun to work with especially when it came down to having fun and working all day. Hardest part of the job was the long hours that I had to put in daily.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
No benefits
The Job was alright, but was poorly managed.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONDecember 22, 2015
I would enjoy a regular busy day of disassembling donations. The only difficulty I would have is that many senior members of staff were insulting handicapped people on a regular basis. The running of the business was also poorly done also, and as a result I quit. Apart from the attitude problems that the management displayed, I found the job to be enjoyable. With my many years experience in construction, both residential and industrial, and also minor factory work involving the making of blueprints, and the making of cupolas and 2 tiers. This, as well as the making of gazebos, give me a good understanding of how to perform the work I was assigned at the Habitat for Humanity. As I mentioned earlier, the only trouble I had with my job at Habitat for Humanity was the management's bad attitude, which is why I left.
Pros
Easy to perform labour work
Cons
Management had a bad attitude towards handicapped people.
Working at Habitat for Humanity
Restore Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Through Habitat for Humanity, I have learned and experienced more than I could have imagined. I truly enjoy going to work and the positive energy in the workplace makes for a quick shift. My coworkers are considered family at this point and I wouldn't change that at all. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to meet and interact with a wide range of people and personalities, while raising money for local builds in the community. The hardest part of the job is having to see first hand the different struggles people go through on a day to day basis. It is our job to help them to the best of our ability, but sometimes it can be too much, and that can be disheartening. I will always cherish my time at Kingston's Habitat for Humanity.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 6, 2016
Since I started volunteering at Habitat for Humanity, I worked in a past pace for 12 hours a week, I arrange items in order, by color, size, shape, and quality. As well as assist in any other manner the store manager required and helping with customer needs in a professional and friendly manner, I make the customers feel welcomed.
Volunteer position
Food Procurement Chair (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONJune 12, 2016
This position was full of customer service attributes. The job was to go out to service clubs, church groups, etc to ask for their service with the preparation of the food for the volunteer workers. It was exciting to meet new people and see the level of volunteerism.
Pros
Fulfilling to assist with Habitat for Humanity.
An amazing learning experience
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BCJune 2, 2016
A typical day on the job would be my foreman telling me the job I have to accomplish for the day and assisting when I need it. I have learned about the, electrical, carpentry, and plumbing that goes into building a house. The hardest part about working with Habitat was the lack of up to date safety.
Pros
Great people
every location is different, there's lots to learn
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2016
every location is run by different people, and you have the opportunity to learn a different skill set. I gave the salary, job security and management 5 stars only because I didn't want to give a bad rating, but I was just a volunteer and there is no N/A section
Pros
free lunch
A casual and flexible workplace
Internship / Freelance Graphic Design (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 13, 2016
A typical work day for me would be 9 to 5 working at my own pace on print materials. As a freelance graphic designer working for Habitat, I learned that working on projects is more than just the designers job.
Fun work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 18, 2016
We would usually do the days daily task such as working on a house or working on permits in the classroom. I learned so much about several trades, especially plumbing
Pros
A lot of plumbing experince
Cons
That My semester there ended
Good Workplace, with good people
Labourer Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 11, 2016
a typical day at work would be helping out customers with locating products into their vehicles, aswell as making sure customers always left without disappointment towards service.
Pros
Good environment
Productive workplace
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 16, 2016
Very nice workplace, with very friendly employees and easy work good hours aswell the manager is very nice, customers are kind and respectful the general environment here is amazing
Pros
Breaks
Okay workplace but a bit noisy.
Helper (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 28, 2016
Everyone are good to me and i enjoyed the work. I learned how to use the tools used for repairing. It was a bit too noisy. I likes to help customer transport their items they bought.
Pros
Free coffee
positive Environment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 11, 2016
Habitat for Humanity is a fun and diverse work environment. They offered a great place to build skills and network. I would encourage others to volunteer there in the future
Cleaning and painting activities
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Pape, Toronto, On.July 3, 2016
I learned some fun activities. The hardest part of the job was cleaning activities. But enjoyed fun activities like painting.
Pros
Provided tickets.
Cons
No food was provided.
nice people to work for
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONJune 23, 2016
Great place to work for, nice people
unloaded trucks
did lots of lifting heavy stuff like appliances
I worked part of a team
they were very accommodating
Cons
NO perm jobs
fun to work with
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2016
I enjoyed helping the community by assisting in build the house and I loved working with the power tools because I enjoy hands-on work a lot.
Pros
Cons
ye
productive
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONJune 7, 2016
A typical day is socializing with customers with anything specific needs and helping carry their products to their vehicles.
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Cons
slow day

4.4