Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 18, 2016
We would usually do the days daily task such as working on a house or working on permits in the classroom. I learned so much about several trades, especially plumbing
Pros
A lot of plumbing experince
Cons
That My semester there ended
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 6, 2016
Since I started volunteering at Habitat for Humanity, I worked in a past pace for 12 hours a week, I arrange items in order, by color, size, shape, and quality. As well as assist in any other manner the store manager required and helping with customer needs in a professional and friendly manner, I make the customers feel welcomed.
Productive workplace
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 16, 2016
Very nice workplace, with very friendly employees and easy work good hours aswell the manager is very nice, customers are kind and respectful the general environment here is amazing
Pros
Breaks
positive Environment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 11, 2016
Habitat for Humanity is a fun and diverse work environment. They offered a great place to build skills and network. I would encourage others to volunteer there in the future
Excellent starting position for anyone looking to start in the retail industry.
Store Associate (YMCA Youth Employment program) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 8, 2016
Very laid back environment with likable supervisors and mangers. However job often requires completing various heavy lifting tasks that require physical endurance. Employee's must be physically fit be wary of dangers of dealing with heavy objects. Not many flaws in the working environment; generally employees would be working with excellent conditions and people.
Pros
Excellent managers and supervisors. Various tasks; rarely boring.
Cons
Requires physical endurance. Limited amount of working positions for applicants.
fun to work with
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2016
I enjoyed helping the community by assisting in build the house and I loved working with the power tools because I enjoy hands-on work a lot.
Pros
Cons
ye
Cleaning and painting activities
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Pape, Toronto, On.July 3, 2016
I learned some fun activities. The hardest part of the job was cleaning activities. But enjoyed fun activities like painting.
Pros
Provided tickets.
Cons
No food was provided.
Okay workplace but a bit noisy.
Helper (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 28, 2016
Everyone are good to me and i enjoyed the work. I learned how to use the tools used for repairing. It was a bit too noisy. I likes to help customer transport their items they bought.
Pros
Free coffee
nice people to work for
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONJune 23, 2016
Great place to work for, nice people
unloaded trucks
did lots of lifting heavy stuff like appliances
I worked part of a team
they were very accommodating
Cons
NO perm jobs
Exemplary working conditions
In-store volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 21, 2016
- Had to organize goods frequently so that the customers do not have a hard time to find the product they want
- aid customers to find the right product and, in general, provide our service with the best of our ability

While volunteering at Habitat for Humanity, I got to meet many people and be an active member of our society. There, I excelled in my communication skills and was able to be more efficient while working. If I was not helping a customer, I was organizing products or helping out with bringing in new products into the store. I enjoyed working with the staff as they were pleasant and were able to bring the best out of me.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Occasionally give up lunch time
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 21, 2016
It's definitely a fun place to work at, I learned that being a sales associate can be rough but at the end of the day I know that i'm passionate about working there due to my interest in homes. Management was fun to work with especially when it came down to having fun and working all day. Hardest part of the job was the long hours that I had to put in daily.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
No benefits
A casual and flexible workplace
Internship / Freelance Graphic Design (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 13, 2016
A typical work day for me would be 9 to 5 working at my own pace on print materials. As a freelance graphic designer working for Habitat, I learned that working on projects is more than just the designers job.
Volunteer position
Food Procurement Chair (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONJune 12, 2016
This position was full of customer service attributes. The job was to go out to service clubs, church groups, etc to ask for their service with the preparation of the food for the volunteer workers. It was exciting to meet new people and see the level of volunteerism.
Pros
Fulfilling to assist with Habitat for Humanity.
Good Workplace, with good people
Labourer Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 11, 2016
a typical day at work would be helping out customers with locating products into their vehicles, aswell as making sure customers always left without disappointment towards service.
Pros
Good environment
every location is different, there's lots to learn
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2016
every location is run by different people, and you have the opportunity to learn a different skill set. I gave the salary, job security and management 5 stars only because I didn't want to give a bad rating, but I was just a volunteer and there is no N/A section
Pros
free lunch
productive
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONJune 7, 2016
A typical day is socializing with customers with anything specific needs and helping carry their products to their vehicles.
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Cons
slow day
An amazing learning experience
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BCJune 2, 2016
A typical day on the job would be my foreman telling me the job I have to accomplish for the day and assisting when I need it. I have learned about the, electrical, carpentry, and plumbing that goes into building a house. The hardest part about working with Habitat was the lack of up to date safety.
Pros
Great people
It was a good place to work at
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 5, 2016
It was enjoyable, busy enough that you werent bored, mundane and easy enough that anyone could do it and they let us have smoke breaks often enough I couldnt complain
Friendly environment
Volunteer - Construction Handyman (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
Volunteer
Volunteer Coordinator Intern (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 11, 2016
I acted as the Volunteer Coordinator Intern at HFHRD. I did data entry or potential volunteers and researched potential companies who could volunteer hours.

4.4