Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 December 2017
Habitat for Humanity is a charitable, non- profit organization dedicated to providing housing for those who cannot otherwise afford a decent place to live. We develop communities with people in need by building and renovating houses.
Good teamwork
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON11 December 2017
This was a weekend up nor, in Ontario. I found a new respect for that type of labour, as it was extremely hard work! I recommend it to anyone who wants to volunteer.
A great place to feel great about
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 December 2017
After years of working for "the man" and busting my butt just to keep a selection of stockholders happy, it was fantastic to be a part of something that was truly both FOR and FROM the heart. But be warned, this is not a house of lazy. Be prepared to wear six hats at any given time. Such is the way of successful non-profit.
no organizaton
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 November 2017
i worked at the restore and couldnt handle working there cause there was no organization what so ever the signs did not show where the items. they were having all the summer workers organize every little thing
Pros
job
Cons
un organized
it was a very productive work envierment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON24 November 2017
i worked for them for 5 weeks its the best job i have ever had they where all so nice the job requeiers havey lefting what they stand for is the real reson to work there tho
Worse place to work as a volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 November 2017
It was the worst place to be a volunteer, they are rude, want to do their job and they get paid. They leave all the heavy lifting to you and want you to do it. Their store managers are the worst you ever met and not appreciating your work when you do it better than them.
Pros
no pros at all
Cons
Rude, not appreciating, as you owe them
Great team based workplace
Habitat For Humanity volunteer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 November 2017
everyone is very kind to each other and will offer to help any way they can. a day of work starts off by clearing products off of the floor and putting them beside other products that are similar. Helping people unload their car of products that they are donating. Fixing electronics and tables to make them sell faster.
Overall a great experience.
Pros
Meeting many new people every day
Cons
Unorganized because of all the new stuff being donated on a daily basis
Fun place
Customer Service Support (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2017
Day starts with morning meeting
Learned a lot of merchandising
Management was great
Great people
Job was great
Meeting people
Great place to volunteer
Pros
Cons
Great
Excellent
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2017
Very understanding employees
Enjoyable place to work.
Respected by all who worked there
Loved the physical aspects of the job
Worked as part of a high school co-op program
Demolished inappropriate or broken furniture (Great fun)
Unloaded trucks
Assisted customer with loading their purchases
Pros
Great People
Cons
I had to leave when the school year was over
Volunteering Review
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 October 2017
Volunteering there was like being part of something special. The team leads of each group makes one feel comfortable in doing tasks they never thought they would . They do this by making you feel comfortable by making sure you know how to use the tools properly and giving you the safety tools necessary. Volunteering here is very satisfying.
Pros
Free Lunches
Supportive Team Enironment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, Ontario25 October 2017
This is an excellent place to work. They include you as part of the team for the start. The training is step by step and complete which allows you to really learn your job. Once up and running that support never leaves. In all aspects this operation conducts its self in a professional, supportive and collaborative manner.
There is always a lot to be done but just when you think you are overwhelmed you turn around to a smiling face asking if you need help...that is everybody from the volunteers right up to the Executive Director.
Fun Workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 October 2017
When i came in there were all kinds of people you could talk to which made me happy and seeing the smiles on everyones face made my day. i learned how to do cash when i was there
Awesome
customer service and completing tasks (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB20 October 2017
learned a lot from volunteering at Habitat For Humanity. I learned how to stock shelves and learn marketing skills. I also got to learn how to properly serve customers
Fun place to work, staff is amazing!
Habitat for Humanity Restore Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON17 October 2017
Habitat for humanity, is a very good place to work at. In a typical day I would put stock away on the floor and help customers, One thing i have learned is how to build furniture and using power tools as well, the workplace and management is amazing, one of the best places I worked in a while. The job is very enjoyable and nothing is really bad about it.
Pros
flexibility, Good management, good team work
Great experience
Habitat for humanity (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 October 2017
Learned the basics of almost every aspects of the rough construction in building a home. It was 25 x 50 ft and I got learn everything hands on! It was also for a great cause to help a family in need and overall it was something I'm proud for having done it.
goodGreat work, friendly environment, great supervisors, great co workers
SITE BUILDING VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Toronto and Kitchener5 October 2017
Great work site leaders, lots of fun while helping the community. I learned many useful techniques and skills of construction that I can apply to my own personal ventures in the future.
A typical day at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore involves receiving donations directly from people that come to our store or from our trucks that pick-up items from donors' homes
Pros
free lunch, coffee, water
Cons
8 hours
Great and helpful staff
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  North York, ON1 October 2017
Great atmosphere and great place, whether doing a renovation project or on a budget, the North York Habitat Re Store is an ideal place for appliances and furniture at a fraction of the cost. Helpful and friendly staff including volunteers are there to assist customers with anything that is needed.
a typical day
Painter Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2017
it was fun. I enjoyed myself. the staff was pleasant and had a great time with coworkers made my time enjoyable ......................................................
Great
Carpenter Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2017
Habbitat is a great place to pick up new skills in the renovating, construction gig. Awesome people and great time learning new tskills daily. Winter work is always heated housing so that is a bonus.
Pros
Free lunches, break times
really caring and safe environment.
Volunteer work (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON18 September 2017
Habitats staff are all so welcoming and show a lot of love. What I learned through volunteering will last me a life time. Everyone there cares for one another and will help you with anything they can. The hardest thing I ever done while volunteering at habitat was when we had to carry this big slab of granite, so if you're not ready to carry anything heavy or get your hands dirty well than
I do not recommend this for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4