Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Staff and Friendly Atmosphere
Volunteer (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 22, 2015
would be going to different retailers to pickup donations and bring them back to the restore for sorting and pricing. Management was great and co-workers were always friendly. The hardest part of the job was the physical labour at times, when moving heavy kitchens. I enjoyed the people I worked with the most.
Was hired through Keys Employment
Customer Service and Handyman (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: slow hours
This was a volunteer workplace but I was hired through Keys so it was alright. I would go with a co-workers to do pick-ups and deliveries. I would help customers with want ever they were looking for in the store. The work environment was quiet. It was alright for a contract job
Good
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), St. John's, NLDecember 16, 2014
Good job. I enjoyed my experience with this organization. I would recommend my friends to donate to this organization. It's a good place to work.
It was a volunteer job.
volunteer work (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCNovember 26, 2014
Pros: free pizza
My mom applied for and was granted a Habitat for Humanity House. I volunteered a couple of times to help her with her hours.
fun place to go at to work
Driver (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONOctober 22, 2014
Pros: lot of vacation time
day start by doing truck inspection then going to consumers house to pick up donation for store for resale
Fun place to work, great coworkers, friendly customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), calgary CanadaOctober 12, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers, friendly customers and genuinely a good place to be
Cons: boss always taking your hours away and bullying you around
typical day at work, loading cars for customers and putting through transactions, moving items out onto the floor. i learned that there are some good places to work where you can be both happy an helpful. The Management was really good to start off but they turned into, to be honest. Bullies. they always made threats towards your job if you didn't do what they wanted as fast as they wanted. safety became non existent an when i was injured, the boss started throwing hissy fits and even though i had been there 1st and i trained him, he didn't like me an did everything he could to make me quit, since i wouldn't he saw it fit to fire me. my coworkers were great, we acted like a family. there was only around 15? of us and we came together well. the hardest part of the job is defiantly loading customers cars, they always come in small cars for big items, but it was great. the best part of the job was the level at which you got to know your customers. some were really great and always so friendly. if i hadn't been let go based off the management not liking me. id of still been there sadly
Very poor training
Receptionist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 6, 2014
All though I believed in the company philosophy in general, I was inadequately informed of my responsibilities. I enjoyed working with each and every employee, however, and gained valuable experience.
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), BurnabySeptember 28, 2014
volunteered as a teenager in my free time. nice people working there and running the show. great service and friendly co-workers
all around place to work
Worker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: little full-time oppurtunities
great place to work in or with always helping the homeless and the distraught, always something new to work on or fix or go pick-up.
Working
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee), TorontoSeptember 8, 2014
It is a very lay back place. Everyone is friendly and there is always work to do. You are always meeting new people and making friends
It is a great workplace and I enjoyed it
Productive and great team working place
CUSTOMER SERVICE & CONSTRUCTION SUPPORT (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 5, 2014
I proud of myself to be one of them. It was a good opportunity to work in variety area of construction jobs, such as Carpenter, Framer, Painter and ... .
productive and fun
Door to door sales (Former Employee), Burlington, ONAugust 21, 2014
Pros: work at my own pace
Cons: short hours
it was an alright job although I was paid by commission so i didnt make anything unless I sold a book.
Productive and good work
sales and store helper (Former Employee), saskatoon, skJuly 26, 2014
A typical day would include organizing shelves and working with all different cultures and ages.
Fun and great place to learn.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 30, 2014
Good place to get some retail experience. Super flexible with hours and nice people to work with.
Good workplace to get along
Assistant (Former Employee), Sault Ste Marie, ONMay 13, 2014
Pros: a lot of exercise
Cons: a lot of lifting
- great place to work with a team.
- learned how much I can lift.
- good co-workers to work with
- the hardest part was waking up very early in the mornings
- the best part was helping people get rid of their stuff and help them load their things.
Great experience
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMay 7, 2014
Pros: great cause
Cons: ended too quickly
very organized, loved the idea of helping out families in need, professional but very fun setting. Caring people and very helpful
It is a great place to volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 29, 2014
It is a great place to volunteer and network.You work different set of people everyday and they are great people
fun work place, education, volunteer
Construction Labourer (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 15, 2014
Pros: helps me learn more about the works of construction
Cons: volunteer work and i need a paying job
it was volunteer work, but very fun and educational, great co-works, very helpful, we built and fitted forms, poured concrete,
Great opertunity
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer (Former Employee), Port Hope ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: helping others
Help with trades and other volunteers. Great co-workers willing to learn new skills and contribute the effort and skills. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping other plus learning news skills.
Fun place, good team
warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 26, 2014
Pros: team
Cons: money
My work was basically like volunteer with some extra paid jobs, The people is excellent, the philosophy of the company is great.
Some times in winter times the work is hard because the cold but in otherwise not complaints at all

1 2 3

About Habitat For Humanity

Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, – Read more

Habitat For Humanity Photos