Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

very productive work, more then most days are fun, freedom to listen to your own music out loud
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 February 2017
i was only a volunteer when i was working there but i enjoyed ever hour i worked there it always kept me busy and was a good challenge most days, you had a lot of freedom to make your own decisions on how you could go about doing certain thing in the store like pricing the items.
Pros
as long as you were working you could work at your own pace if it wasn't a busy day, everyday is different then the last, very chill work environment
Cons
there are some days were you can get over whelmed with work do to the small number of employees
Knowledgeable and professional
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 February 2017
I learned to enhance my public speaking, time management and stress threshold as a result of my everyday work life in this workplace. The culture was diverse. Everybody cooperates to get the job done. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with people as professional as you could even when they are grumpy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you learn experiences that customers have dealt, and they tell you stories about it.
Pros
Getting to meet new people every shift
Cons
Dealing with grumpy customers
Micromanagment!!
Sales & Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
No support from Director from a back-stabbing, micro managing manager! Co-workers were fantastic, management was horrible and treated staff like peons.
it was really fun and exciting to help out at the site painting
Painter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 January 2017
i was really excited to work with people that are in the same field and to know that there are women out there doing the same thing i am searching for
Pros
experience and knowledge
Cons
sometimes the sites can be far
Volunteer Position
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 January 2017
I have learned some amazing skills during my two years as an executive. It was a lot of responsibility, but very rewarding.
It was okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC12 November 2016
I enjoyed volunteering there. Would recommend others volunteer for cashier and labor experience. Most of the customers are quiet elderly people, the only noise you have to worry about is the radio.
Pros
You feel good about yourself for volunteering
Challening Enviroment
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 November 2016
I learned a lot working for Habitat for Humanity. It was a very close group of volunteers and employees. It was wonderful to see how hard volunteers will work and how dedicated they were. I learned how to do so much and the differences in everyone
Fun workplace with no work pressure.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 November 2016
Working for habitat for humanity, I feel like working in a family, the atmosphere they provide at workplace is very friendly.
While working there I feel like I am doing something for someone n need.
In short, Habitat for humanity is building better communities.
Pros
great work environment.
Very challenging work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2016
Managing this store of renovation goods at the age of 18, brought me into a work ethic of maturity and initiative. This job required me to be self driven, and delegate tasks accordingly. There were 3 to 7 volunteers working under my supervision on a daily basis, as well as handling customer transactions, and incoming goods. These goods needed to be dealt with, priced, and merchandised on the sales floor. Excellent knowledgeable customer service with renovation goods was necessary to flourish in this position. Through working here i acquired more initiative, a hard work ethic, efficiency, and management skills.
highly productive,
Volunteer every Saturday (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB11 October 2016
help community, strive to build better workplace. a lot of dedication commitment and man hours that are being taken on but in the end, success and a brighter future are in the making.
Pros
free lunch, lower rent, water heat, etc
Cons
saturday morning\afternoon gone
A place that gives u the opportunity to excell
Volunteer Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC6 October 2016
This was a volunteer experience and it was worth while. you are treated like real employs and given all the respect and regards given to their original employees.
Needs overhaul
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 October 2016
The most poorly managed company I've ever worked for. No best practices of any kind are implemented with all decisions made by the emotional whims of its' fearless leader'.

Don't be too good at your job as incompetence is rewarded here unless you work on the construction team or with volunteers. The administrative office is as dysfunctional as they come but many under qualified senior managers stay due to fancy titles and fat paychecks they could get no where else. An abusive environment with bullying that will catch up to the organization and the neglectful board. Very sad from what it once was and still could be, but only with serious changes. Avoid.
Pros
Construction & Volunteers
Cons
Leadership, office environment, poor internal management, HR
The best place to work with
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 August 2016
Great team. Day starts with activities such as source profiling, meeting colleagues and manager who are very friendly, energetic and helpful. Also, conducting interviews and performing data entry work.
Pros
Great People. Great Working atmosphere
Fun work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 August 2016
We would usually do the days daily task such as working on a house or working on permits in the classroom. I learned so much about several trades, especially plumbing
Pros
A lot of plumbing experince
Cons
That My semester there ended
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 August 2016
Since I started volunteering at Habitat for Humanity, I worked in a past pace for 12 hours a week, I arrange items in order, by color, size, shape, and quality. As well as assist in any other manner the store manager required and helping with customer needs in a professional and friendly manner, I make the customers feel welcomed.
Productive workplace
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 July 2016
Very nice workplace, with very friendly employees and easy work good hours aswell the manager is very nice, customers are kind and respectful the general environment here is amazing
Pros
Breaks
positive Environment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 July 2016
Habitat for Humanity is a fun and diverse work environment. They offered a great place to build skills and network. I would encourage others to volunteer there in the future
Excellent starting position for anyone looking to start in the retail industry.
Store Associate (YMCA Youth Employment program) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 July 2016
Very laid back environment with likable supervisors and mangers. However job often requires completing various heavy lifting tasks that require physical endurance. Employee's must be physically fit be wary of dangers of dealing with heavy objects. Not many flaws in the working environment; generally employees would be working with excellent conditions and people.
Pros
Excellent managers and supervisors. Various tasks; rarely boring.
Cons
Requires physical endurance. Limited amount of working positions for applicants.
fun to work with
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2016
I enjoyed helping the community by assisting in build the house and I loved working with the power tools because I enjoy hands-on work a lot.
Pros
Cons
ye
Cleaning and painting activities
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Pape, Toronto, On.3 July 2016
I learned some fun activities. The hardest part of the job was cleaning activities. But enjoyed fun activities like painting.
Pros
Provided tickets.
Cons
No food was provided.

4.4