Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Good starting volunteer job and friendly staff
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 May 2017
Good starting volunteer job for individuals who seek to improve their customer service, organization, and productivity skills. Friendly staff as well.
it was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 May 2017
i did the job that have to be done. I did like working there but i dont see myself going back and working there again, not because i didnt enjoy it, jus because i dont see myself going in there again.
Productive with massive amounts of effort to work with.
Site Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Ab.10 May 2017
Most rewarding place of employment. Helping volunteers fill a need to contribute back to society not only with time but acquired skill contribution. Every day a new beginning and days end an accomplishment for what was completed . Every end of the day was a heart felt thank you for the help that the volunteers had given but let be known that the gift had no strings in other words the gift of training returned it self in the ability to contribute in any way that was possible. God Bless All.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Expectation during winter months and summers heat same
Great atmosphere
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 May 2017
Everyone got along and work got done simple as that. It was volunteer work so It was quite busy. My experience has been good with them but don't plan on fully applying because they look for permanent employees, not summer jobbers. Overall 8/10
Very rewarding volunteering.
Unloader/floor helper/carry-outs (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON5 May 2017
Habitat for Humanity is a volunteer run store. I worked there to accumulate my volunteer hours needed to graduate grade 12. I learned a lot about giving excellent customer service, carrying out directions given to me by my superiors. Plus I learned more about home renovations and stuff since the majority of merchandise they sell is for the home. The hardest part of the job was trying o plan out where to put everything that was being donated, people are continually dropping goods off to be given a second chance for someone else. The store can get quite busy so it's important to get everything out quickly so people have a chance to see it. The most enjoyable part was seeing the appreciation in the customers eyes when they've found just what they needed to complete a project, or they've found something vintage that brings back memories. You see it all at Habitat for Humanity. Management treated everyone very fairly, they appreciate you volunteering for this worthy cause and helping less fortunate out.
Pros
Knowing you're helping for a good cause!
Cons
Trying to fit large items in small cars.
super efficient work place
volontary (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2017
it was a super nice experience, staff is amazing and they are efficient and easy going. i had lots of fun, the day when by fast and we had lunch serve for the help we provide
Very flexible, good people
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON23 April 2017
I was offered a position in volunteering when i was looking for hours for community service. The people were incredibly nice and gave me very flexible hours to achieve my volunteer hour goals.
Good!
pick up and drop off with the truck (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 April 2017
A typical day at work is good. I learned a lot. I managed the items in the back for cleaning and buffing and then placing on the floor. The workplace culture was light and easy. The hardest part of my job was cleaning toilets. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving the shop to go in the truck for pick ups or drop offs.
Apprentice Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 April 2017
Great place to gain experience

Enjoyed working with team members

I would recommend them to others for work experience

A lot of hands on experience

Multi cultural environment
fun place to work and volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2017
Fun place to volunteer and learn new skills while contributing to help families in need for affordable housing. The staff are very willing to help volunteers learn about all aspects of building fundamentals. Each volunteer is able to try all aspects of building and get the satisfaction and helping others less fortunate.
Great place to work for
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 April 2017
Job was great Habitat for Humanity provided tools and safety gear when required. Foremen were great to work under, strict but not so demanding would work for again
Great experience overall
Préposé aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
Habitat for humanity was a great place to work for, the staff was very nice and the administration was competent. The work was physical and sometimes unsafe, but otherwise, I would recomend it to a friend. 7.5\10
Pros
free doughnuts
Cons
unsafe sometimes
productive work place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 March 2017
on a normal day i would get there a go straight to work and it would slow down around 4:30 and that is the time you can get caught up on some of the chores that the manager asks to be done
Pros
free coffee
Cons
always busy
Habitat
Jr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
Great place where you can contribute something positive to a community. The pay isn't very high, but there is satisfaction of the work done. Good people.
Very diverse and productive environment
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 February 2017
Volunteering at Habitat for humanity was a very pleasant experience. Knowing that you're helping the community is very rewarding. My coworkers and manager were all very compassionate people putting others needs before their own.
Pros
Very rewarding to give back to the community
Cons
very productive work, more then most days are fun, freedom to listen to your own music out loud
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 February 2017
i was only a volunteer when i was working there but i enjoyed ever hour i worked there it always kept me busy and was a good challenge most days, you had a lot of freedom to make your own decisions on how you could go about doing certain thing in the store like pricing the items.
Pros
as long as you were working you could work at your own pace if it wasn't a busy day, everyday is different then the last, very chill work environment
Cons
there are some days were you can get over whelmed with work do to the small number of employees
Knowledgeable and professional
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 February 2017
I learned to enhance my public speaking, time management and stress threshold as a result of my everyday work life in this workplace. The culture was diverse. Everybody cooperates to get the job done. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with people as professional as you could even when they are grumpy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you learn experiences that customers have dealt, and they tell you stories about it.
Pros
Getting to meet new people every shift
Cons
Dealing with grumpy customers
Micromanagment!!
Sales & Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
No support from Director from a back-stabbing, micro managing manager! Co-workers were fantastic, management was horrible and treated staff like peons.
it was really fun and exciting to help out at the site painting
Painter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 January 2017
i was really excited to work with people that are in the same field and to know that there are women out there doing the same thing i am searching for
Pros
experience and knowledge
Cons
sometimes the sites can be far
Volunteer Position
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 January 2017
I have learned some amazing skills during my two years as an executive. It was a lot of responsibility, but very rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4