Habitat For Humanity

Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Challening Enviroment
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 November 2016
I learned a lot working for Habitat for Humanity. It was a very close group of volunteers and employees. It was wonderful to see how hard volunteers will work and how dedicated they were. I learned how to do so much and the differences in everyone
Fun workplace with no work pressure.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 November 2016
Working for habitat for humanity, I feel like working in a family, the atmosphere they provide at workplace is very friendly.
While working there I feel like I am doing something for someone n need.
In short, Habitat for humanity is building better communities.
Pros
great work environment.
Very challenging work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2016
Managing this store of renovation goods at the age of 18, brought me into a work ethic of maturity and initiative. This job required me to be self driven, and delegate tasks accordingly. There were 3 to 7 volunteers working under my supervision on a daily basis, as well as handling customer transactions, and incoming goods. These goods needed to be dealt with, priced, and merchandised on the sales floor. Excellent knowledgeable customer service with renovation goods was necessary to flourish in this position. Through working here i acquired more initiative, a hard work ethic, efficiency, and management skills.
highly productive,
Volunteer every Saturday (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB11 October 2016
help community, strive to build better workplace. a lot of dedication commitment and man hours that are being taken on but in the end, success and a brighter future are in the making.
Pros
free lunch, lower rent, water heat, etc
Cons
saturday morning\afternoon gone
A place that gives u the opportunity to excell
Volunteer Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC6 October 2016
This was a volunteer experience and it was worth while. you are treated like real employs and given all the respect and regards given to their original employees.
Needs overhaul
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 October 2016
The most poorly managed company I've ever worked for. No best practices of any kind are implemented with all decisions made by the emotional whims of its' fearless leader'.

Don't be too good at your job as incompetence is rewarded here unless you work on the construction team or with volunteers. The administrative office is as dysfunctional as they come but many under qualified senior managers stay due to fancy titles and fat paychecks they could get no where else. An abusive environment with bullying that will catch up to the organization and the neglectful board. Very sad from what it once was and still could be, but only with serious changes. Avoid.
Pros
Construction & Volunteers
Cons
Leadership, office environment, poor internal management, HR
The best place to work with
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 August 2016
Great team. Day starts with activities such as source profiling, meeting colleagues and manager who are very friendly, energetic and helpful. Also, conducting interviews and performing data entry work.
Pros
Great People. Great Working atmosphere
Fun work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 August 2016
We would usually do the days daily task such as working on a house or working on permits in the classroom. I learned so much about several trades, especially plumbing
Pros
A lot of plumbing experince
Cons
That My semester there ended
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 August 2016
Since I started volunteering at Habitat for Humanity, I worked in a past pace for 12 hours a week, I arrange items in order, by color, size, shape, and quality. As well as assist in any other manner the store manager required and helping with customer needs in a professional and friendly manner, I make the customers feel welcomed.
Productive workplace
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 July 2016
Very nice workplace, with very friendly employees and easy work good hours aswell the manager is very nice, customers are kind and respectful the general environment here is amazing
Pros
Breaks
positive Environment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 July 2016
Habitat for Humanity is a fun and diverse work environment. They offered a great place to build skills and network. I would encourage others to volunteer there in the future
Excellent starting position for anyone looking to start in the retail industry.
Store Associate (YMCA Youth Employment program) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 July 2016
Very laid back environment with likable supervisors and mangers. However job often requires completing various heavy lifting tasks that require physical endurance. Employee's must be physically fit be wary of dangers of dealing with heavy objects. Not many flaws in the working environment; generally employees would be working with excellent conditions and people.
Pros
Excellent managers and supervisors. Various tasks; rarely boring.
Cons
Requires physical endurance. Limited amount of working positions for applicants.
fun to work with
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2016
I enjoyed helping the community by assisting in build the house and I loved working with the power tools because I enjoy hands-on work a lot.
Pros
Cons
ye
Cleaning and painting activities
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Pape, Toronto, On.3 July 2016
I learned some fun activities. The hardest part of the job was cleaning activities. But enjoyed fun activities like painting.
Pros
Provided tickets.
Cons
No food was provided.
Okay workplace but a bit noisy.
Helper (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 June 2016
Everyone are good to me and i enjoyed the work. I learned how to use the tools used for repairing. It was a bit too noisy. I likes to help customer transport their items they bought.
Pros
Free coffee
nice people to work for
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON23 June 2016
Great place to work for, nice people
unloaded trucks
did lots of lifting heavy stuff like appliances
I worked part of a team
they were very accommodating
Cons
NO perm jobs
Exemplary working conditions
In-store volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 June 2016
- Had to organize goods frequently so that the customers do not have a hard time to find the product they want
- aid customers to find the right product and, in general, provide our service with the best of our ability

While volunteering at Habitat for Humanity, I got to meet many people and be an active member of our society. There, I excelled in my communication skills and was able to be more efficient while working. If I was not helping a customer, I was organizing products or helping out with bringing in new products into the store. I enjoyed working with the staff as they were pleasant and were able to bring the best out of me.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Occasionally give up lunch time
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 June 2016
It's definitely a fun place to work at, I learned that being a sales associate can be rough but at the end of the day I know that i'm passionate about working there due to my interest in homes. Management was fun to work with especially when it came down to having fun and working all day. Hardest part of the job was the long hours that I had to put in daily.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
No benefits
A casual and flexible workplace
Internship / Freelance Graphic Design (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 June 2016
A typical work day for me would be 9 to 5 working at my own pace on print materials. As a freelance graphic designer working for Habitat, I learned that working on projects is more than just the designers job.
Volunteer position
Food Procurement Chair (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON12 June 2016
This position was full of customer service attributes. The job was to go out to service clubs, church groups, etc to ask for their service with the preparation of the food for the volunteer workers. It was exciting to meet new people and see the level of volunteerism.
Pros
Fulfilling to assist with Habitat for Humanity.

4.4