Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Fun helping clients find that perfect "deal"
Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON15 August 2017
The company that is supposed to be so "humane" really treats it's very few employees poorly not paying overtime, expecting long hours without compensation. They hire good management to come in and fix everything that is broken, get lots of volunteers that do the work for free and then fire the managers that got the job done. Great strategy! No thanks.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Treat people like disposable diapers.
Co-op
School Co-op (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines8 August 2017
Enjoyed what I did while I was there...had a great customer service experience. I admire what the company does for the public . I left a stronger more knowledgable person.
A fun day shared with fellow volunteers
Volunteer Builder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 July 2017
I shared the day with a group of other volunteers dedicated to building a deck for a home in need. Everyone worked together well and we completed our deck by the end of the day.
Pros
meeting new people
Amazing staff
Data Entry Clerk (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON24 July 2017
The environment at Habitat is second to none. A definite entry into the world of administration and charity organizations. I highly recommend this office to anyone.
Pros
Free lunches
Good learning experiance
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE18 July 2017
I was mostly doing manual work there and I learned how to properly clean and manage the stock
the staff there were friendly and helpful and the environment was easygoing and cooperative.
The hardest part of the job was having to handle heavy objects like fridges and heavy doors. What I enjoyed most about working there was the feeling of being busy doing something instead of being at home not doing anything.
Pros
Learning about being a stock clerk
Cons
I was not provided with a payed job there after months of volunteering
Good place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2017
Acted as a volunteer here, going around making sure the store and the customers were well looked after. Never had any problems working here, and coworkers were generally friendly and good natured.
great place to work but lay you off after 6 months
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 July 2017
the government pays there workers up to 6 months and after that they have to pay for there workers so instead of paying them and hiring them on after they let people go with no reason even if they worked there buts off i opened two store daily and drove a distance and got let go when the government contract was over
Awesome position, awesome non-profit organization!
Program Supports Coordinator (Employee) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 June 2017
Great entry level experience for a great organization! Very rewarding work and I would recommend volunteers/employees to this position! Had the pleasure of working with several fantastic volunteers/employees!
Nice people, great customers, hard work. Hired through VCCS
Retail and Labour (Placement) (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON24 June 2017
Work was hard, which was a good thing, It kept me on my toes and fit. Little pay was a bummer, but I understand why with being non profit. Management and the regulars there are amazing.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, done at your own pace
Cons
hard work, little pay.
Exploitative Work Environment
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 June 2017
I was lied to regarding job duties and hours, The workplace was unsafe, My health benefits were delayed, I was released before my heal benefits activated, I was released without cause or reason

Want to know more about Habitat For Humanity?

Ask a question
Good place to volunteer and gain experience
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 June 2017
really enjoyed it, learned quite a bit abpout safe work practices, building, working with others.
got to install electrical boxes, and various other things.
very demanding and humbling
CEO (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 June 2017
Great non-profit charity to work for.
Very rewarding and humbling experience
wonderful, committed volunteers and staff
I had a awesome 10 years with this great organization and witness transformation of many individuals and families
Pros
So many unmeasurable pros
Cons
there are no cons to transformation of one life journey only positive effects
Volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2017
Volunteering is very rewarding. You're not getting paid and it isn't about that. If you enjoy working with your hands and need volunteer hours, this might be the job for you.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Hard work
Positive Workplace
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON7 June 2017
I enjoy helping other and h4h gave great opportunities to do that and give back to the community and the needy, habitat for humanity is and amazing company to work for
Pros
Free lunch
productive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 June 2017
this job has helped me interact better with people that where constantly around . hardest thing of this job was figuring out where things went when items came in
Great place to work.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2017
There are a lot of different things to do at the Habitat for humanity and the Restore. I started volunteering at the Restore and I had no problems working there. There are a lot of students volunteering, I found the people there are great and a lot of fun to work with. It a nice environment to work in and to gain experience.
Pros
Free food
Cons
may get hurt on the job.
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2017
was nice to enjoyed the team , i had many friends , i helped many employees and i took care of the duties , was more than fun , i which i could go back
Great experience and amazing program.
VOLUNTEER/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB31 May 2017
I enjoyed this hands on experience. Got my hands on everything except plumbing and electrical. Would possibly like to do this volunteer work again, it was an overall skill gaining experience.
Go to the build side of the business not the Restore
Manager, Receiving/shipping (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 May 2017
The volunteers were great but the management was very inexperienced and had no concept of retailing. Working conditions were hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
The build side of the business would be the place to go but would avoid the Restore side of the business.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the volunteers.
Pros
non
Cons
working with the management
Great Staff
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 May 2017
The environment has been pleasant on the days I'm there, and co-workers are helpful. Cashier set up is simple enough to understand, and it's calm generally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4