Habitat For Humanity Employee Reviews

Awesome
customer service and completing tasks (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB20 October 2017
learned a lot from volunteering at Habitat For Humanity. I learned how to stock shelves and learn marketing skills. I also got to learn how to properly serve customers
Fun place to work, staff is amazing!
Habitat for Humanity Restore Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON17 October 2017
Habitat for humanity, is a very good place to work at. In a typical day I would put stock away on the floor and help customers, One thing i have learned is how to build furniture and using power tools as well, the workplace and management is amazing, one of the best places I worked in a while. The job is very enjoyable and nothing is really bad about it.
Pros
flexibility, Good management, good team work
Great experience
Habitat for humanity (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 October 2017
Learned the basics of almost every aspects of the rough construction in building a home. It was 25 x 50 ft and I got learn everything hands on! It was also for a great cause to help a family in need and overall it was something I'm proud for having done it.
goodGreat work, friendly environment, great supervisors, great co workers
SITE BUILDING VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Toronto and Kitchener5 October 2017
Great work site leaders, lots of fun while helping the community. I learned many useful techniques and skills of construction that I can apply to my own personal ventures in the future.
A typical day at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore involves receiving donations directly from people that come to our store or from our trucks that pick-up items from donors' homes
Pros
free lunch, coffee, water
Cons
8 hours
Great and helpful staff
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  North York, ON1 October 2017
Great atmosphere and great place, whether doing a renovation project or on a budget, the North York Habitat Re Store is an ideal place for appliances and furniture at a fraction of the cost. Helpful and friendly staff including volunteers are there to assist customers with anything that is needed.
a typical day
Painter Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2017
it was fun. I enjoyed myself. the staff was pleasant and had a great time with coworkers made my time enjoyable ......................................................
Great
Carpenter Helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2017
Habbitat is a great place to pick up new skills in the renovating, construction gig. Awesome people and great time learning new tskills daily. Winter work is always heated housing so that is a bonus.
Pros
Free lunches, break times
really caring and safe environment.
Volunteer work (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON18 September 2017
Habitats staff are all so welcoming and show a lot of love. What I learned through volunteering will last me a life time. Everyone there cares for one another and will help you with anything they can. The hardest thing I ever done while volunteering at habitat was when we had to carry this big slab of granite, so if you're not ready to carry anything heavy or get your hands dirty well than
I do not recommend this for you.
An Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 September 2017
I worked at the Retail Store so this position are for people that looking for light labor work. However a lot experience is gained with human interaction, so just be ready to communicate with the customers and help them any way you can.

The staff were awesome, always encouraging and just able to constantly put their best foot forward.
Pros
Supplies Provided, and friendly staff
Cons
Repetitive
My grade 12 co-op
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 September 2017
I volunteered at Habitat to get credit for school in grade 12. Lots of very nice people and a place to learn a lot. Tons of different cool things coming in and out of the building all the time and the experience of working in a store was lots of fun.
productive work atmosphere
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 September 2017
while i was working at habitat for humanity. I found that it was a fun place to be and always had work to do. you where constantly busy and always helping donations come into the store and putting items to the right location. what i have experienced while working here that teamwork is key for almost any work environment and you always have to ask questions when you don't have a clue on what your doing. i was never into labor work but i didn't mind working here.
Pros
everyone was friendly
Cons
sometimes frustrated
always something new to learn
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 September 2017
This was my opportunity to give back to my community by volunteering my time and skills for low income families in need of a good home. I haven't volunteered in a while but I am looking forward in taking part for the 2018 home build here in London.
customer service
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mount Forest, ON29 August 2017
On a typical day I would help people bring in articles that they are dropping off. We would decide whether it was saleable
or not. Then we would clean it up for resale or put in the dumpster.
I learned how to deal with the public and help them find what they
wanted. Hardest part was answering phone calls for customers wanting certain items and not knowing whether that item was there or not.
Pros
Meals from management
Cons
uncooperative customers
Fun helping clients find that perfect "deal"
Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON15 August 2017
The company that is supposed to be so "humane" really treats it's very few employees poorly not paying overtime, expecting long hours without compensation. They hire good management to come in and fix everything that is broken, get lots of volunteers that do the work for free and then fire the managers that got the job done. Great strategy! No thanks.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Treat people like disposable diapers.
Co-op
School Co-op (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines8 August 2017
Enjoyed what I did while I was there...had a great customer service experience. I admire what the company does for the public . I left a stronger more knowledgable person.
Really Basic type of work
Daily volunteer (Former Employee) –  7701 Woodbine Ave, Markham, ON L3R 2N628 July 2017
When i volunteered at habitats of humanity i found myself always busy with work, it was either i was helping move and clean furniture at the back or i was at the front of the store helping place furniture or guiding customers to there satisfaction. Overall my time with Habitats with Humanity was very pleasant.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
No money
great oppertunity to learn new skills
ReStore Associate and labouror (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 July 2017
Overall a good opportunity to grow your employment skills and work with new people. physically demanding but very rewarding in terms of contributing to a community.
Pros
learn new skills, work with team
Cons
early hours, physically demanding
A fun day shared with fellow volunteers
Volunteer Builder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 July 2017
I shared the day with a group of other volunteers dedicated to building a deck for a home in need. Everyone worked together well and we completed our deck by the end of the day.
Pros
meeting new people
Amazing staff
Data Entry Clerk (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON24 July 2017
The environment at Habitat is second to none. A definite entry into the world of administration and charity organizations. I highly recommend this office to anyone.
Pros
Free lunches
Fun and friendly place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Sarnia19 July 2017
All the staff at habitat restore are very friendly and welcoming. I enjoy volunteering there and would recommend them to everyone. Nice atmosphere and very friendly staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Habitat For Humanity. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4