Habitat for Humanity is a dynamic and growing organization, working in partnership with qualified families and community supporters to build homes in a way that makes homeownership possible for low income families, allowing families to break free from the cycle of poverty.
Habitat for Humanity Vancouver Island North (HFHVIN) operates two ReStores on the North Island. ReStores provide an income stream that covers all administrative costs associated with our affordable home ownership program as well as contributes significantly to our build costs. ReStores are stores that accept and resell quality new and used goods at a fraction of regular retail prices.
HFHVIN has an exceptional culture that rewards dynamic and talented individuals. We are currently looking for a General Manager to lead our ReStore operations in the Comox Valley and Campbell River.
The following represents some of the duties that the successful candidate would be responsible for:
- Plan and execute strategies for acquiring merchandise from existing and new sources in order to pursue continuous growth in volume and quality of inventory
- Establish strategies that drive sales, improve productivity, efficiency and engagement.
- Oversee our kitchen salvage and scrap drive programs
- Ensure implementation and appropriate training, monitoring and recording of all health and safety policies and procedures in the ReStores as well as any off site projects such as salvage and scrap drive programs
- Conduct annual performance and compensation evaluations for all ReStore staff
- Manage advertising, publicity and marketing materials for the ReStore operations within the scope of the approved store budgets, HFHC Brand Guidelines and HFHVIN policies and procedures
- Prepare the Annual Business Plan for each store, including operating budget and sales forecasts
- Create and maintain an enjoyable, safe work environment for all staff and volunteers.
- Oversee employee placement, training and development.
- Liaise with potential and existing suppliers
The successful candidate must have:
5+ years of progressive leadership experience in retail sector or related field/industry
Familiarity with the not-for-profit sector and experience working with volunteers
Post-secondary education in Business, Social Services, or an equivalent experience
Valid BC Driver’s license
The successful candidate must be willing to work in and travel to all communities serviced by HFHVIN and must agree with the Values, Mission and Purpose of HFHC and HFHVIN
Please forward your Resume & Cover letter before end of day on August 30th, 2014.
Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, Human...