HSBC Employee Reviews in Canada

Learning Opportunties ~ Sucess of employees = Success of institution
Premier Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABOctober 15, 2013
Having worked for HSBC for one year and moved up quickly from personal banker to Premier Banking Manager showed the dedication of HSBC to see its employees succeed. Tools required for furthering knowledge provided to employees to succeed.
Great crew of employees, an amazing Manager, Corrine W, whom I had the priviledge of working under. She was very knowledgeable on all things HSBC and always willing to share with her staff.
Pros
hours; involvement
Cons
nothing!
Busy and stimulating
Personal banker - full time (Former Employee) –  MontrealAugust 28, 2013
This job allowed me to use my interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills. The hardest part was the amount of work to do on a daily basis. The best part was the realationship you get to build with collegues and clients.
Be cautious: Relationship management does matter
Credit Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 25, 2013
Difficult to belong. Work with the right entourage, then you may be able to emotionally continue. A lot of favoritism, but if you like your job like as I do, should not matter.
Sweatshop
Manager - Business Systems (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 23, 2013
I encountered active discrimination. Very negative culture.
Pros
good people
Cons
bad company
will never work in there again
Project OFFICER (Former Employee) –  HSBC,VANCOUVERAugust 14, 2013
a place full of politics
micro managers
unreasonable demand
most people came out of there super stressed
Cons
depression
Worked like a sweat shop
Application Architect (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCAugust 10, 2013
The center of excellence, was based on a typical sweat shop environment. No work life balance.
Working as a Senior Business Consultant with a leading Fortune 50 bank
Senior Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 2, 2013
A typical day in office involves coordinating with Business,Offshore teams from China and India.Sometimes have to undergo requirement meetings with Brazil.

Learnt to work effectively work with global teams,understand their culture, respecting the working style and yet getting the best professional results.

Have really enhanced my management capabilities as I have to undertake work across 3-4 countries,ensure functional and technical completeness of a project,manage diverse cultures.

The most hard part of my job was to create behemoth Functional specifications for a truly global product,getting the global requirements,convincing the regional sites to entail the additional cost.
Pros
deep knowledge of retail banking
Cons
long hours and working across different timezones
One of the best place i ever work with.
Mail Room Clerk/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
it was more going out and getting things done but i got a check to do it. some days will be long but some will be slow. but it was very busy during month end and year end.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
working from 7 a.m.- 4:30 pm
AAA
Regulatory Reporting Manager (Current Employee) –  London, UKJuly 18, 2013
AAA.

Working for HSBC is a privelege. I recomend HSBC to anyone who is seeking to develop Career within Banking and Management.
Too bad they closed
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  OttawaJuly 17, 2013
Company was a good place too work.
they closed too early

cared about the employees
Excellent Stepping Stone in Overall Career Path
Account Executive & Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain Road, MBJune 26, 2013
Working for HSBC was a challenging and positive experience for me.
Productive and good work atmosphere
BUSINESS BANKING OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON and Oakville, ONJune 19, 2013
I learned to manage the day-to-day banking activities for clients with a value of over $7 Million in revenues
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK PLACE, NICE PEOPLE TO WORK WITH
Fraud Detection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 19, 2013
Everything about HSBC was great....colleagues, managers...what I liked the most was the fact that everyone was bilingual.....it didn't matter if you spoke English or French, we all understood each other.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
too far from home
Team atmosphere.
Manager, Financial Analysis (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 18, 2013
Everyone enjoys going to work, because is a team atmosphere. Work life balance is stressed.
Wonderful company to work for
Sales Assistant/ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  brampton, onJune 10, 2013
Great company offering an opportunity to grow and learn new skills. unfortunately no longer in business.
Personal Banker & Relationship Manager
Personal Banker & Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 29, 2013
 Develop insightful corporate finance presentations for senior management, tailored according to audience and event
 Investigate and present recommendations for special projects related to business operations
 Provide analytical support for various departmental financial books
 Develop flexible and accurate financial models and reports
 Manage incoming analytics and reporting requests and engage stakeholders to understand the underlying business problem, base assumptions and desired outcomes.
 Provide efficient customer service while promoting bolstering a positive image of the HSBC
 Proactively promote, sell and deliver a full range of business/personal products and service and screen for appropriate referral or relationship management opportunities (ex: credit management, securities, private banking, trusts, etc.)
 Monitor existing assigned portfolio as per Bank policy. Maintain a call program to service existing clients, identifying customer needs.
Good Advance Opportunity
Personal Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2013
Very good promotion opportunity, targets are harsh however, different branches are fighting against each other for the same client in the company
Pros
advancement, salary, benefits
Cons
work-life balance, targets
Challenging and stimulating work environment
Senior Commercial Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  Montreal QuebecMarch 20, 2013
HSBC Bank requires that I pay close attention to detail as I must be one hundred percent accurate in all my tasks. On some days I must perform internal audits and am tasked with opening non-standard, irregular commercial accounts which may pose reputational risks to the bank. This is one of the harder tasks of my job.

The most enjoyable part is meeting interesting clients with unique business models. Everyone is different and assessing the needs of each and every commercial client is a challenge. It involves assessing risk, and ensuring that all HSBC policy is met which requires coordination with our legal department as well as ensuring that all OFSI (Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada) requirements are also met. However, getting to know new companies and closing big accounts for the bank is one of the most enjoyable and rewarding aspects of my job.

In my three years at the bank I have had to develop excellent organizational skills and I now have demonstrated proficiency in all core office administration functions, including an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, document preparation, internal/external communications, data and records management, meeting scheduling, and task prioritization.
Pros
staff rates
Cons
Productive work environment, room for growth in financial industry
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 12, 2013
My duties at Hsbc Finance included simplifying customers financial situation with company products, ei 2nd mortgage, loans, lines of credits, consolidation.
I've learned to work well and understand a customers perspective at times of need and by assisting them to my best ability by providing them with the best option available that will support their personal financial needs.
Managment was not on its firm side, there could have been a lot more ways to help me excell in my position. Had to self teach myself as well as learn from some unexperienced co-workers to learn in this company.
My co-workers were always there to help with compliance issues and always made sure my work was done properly.
Hardest part of my job was to have every file precise so that it is complient.
Acheiving a customers needs and wants, and seeing my work has really benefitted their situation.
Pros
bonus structure, large incentives
Cons
lacking on proper management guidelines
I handled my workload efficiently and accurately. - was able to persuade management and client of how much time would be save if the client co-ope
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2013
- I handled my workload efficiently and accurately.
- was able to persuade management and client of how much time would be save if the client co-operate and provided us with accurate and timely information which would result in faster processing.
- An excellent company where growth and challenges are.
- Close working relationship
- Nothing.
- Being constantly busy analyzing and resolving problems both customer and department related.
Pros
peacefull enviorement
Cons
busy