HSBC Employee Reviews in Canada

Manager, Branch Operations-Consumer Lending Canada (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2012
HSBC - North America is composed of HSBC’s U.S. and Canadian businesses. The company’s businesses serve more than 60 million customers in five key areas: personal financial services, consumer finance, commercial banking, private banking and corporate, investment banking and markets
Cons
good experience and was able to travel home
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sudbbury, onSeptember 26, 2012
whie working here it was good experience as it was underground and gave me the ability to learn how to undergroound mine from drilling blast holes for blasting to setting screen.
Pros
got great experience
Cons
very unstable ground rock bursts and scaley walls
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK PLACE, NICE PEOPLE TO WORK WITH
Fraud Detection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 19, 2013
Everything about HSBC was great....colleagues, managers...what I liked the most was the fact that everyone was bilingual.....it didn't matter if you spoke English or French, we all understood each other.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
too far from home
challenging place to work especially when dealing with clients
Account executive (Former Employee) –  mississauga, OntarioFebruary 27, 2012
had a great experience dealing face to face with clients and studying their financial situations and advising them with what to do that will benefit them.
Pros
daily meetings to help improve with job
Cons
trainings are not very
A challenging role where i can contribute my wealth of experience while i develop myself as well.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  TorontoMarch 20, 2014
Working with HBSC was quite interesting and challenging and gave me the opportunity to develop myself further. I am leaving because my contract is about to come to an end.
Making sure all procedures were done on a timely basis
Senior Credit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 16, 2012
Very busy, very diffuclt workng with the register represtatives. I enjoyed the people I worked with and still hear from some of them.making sure all rules and regulations where carried out.
Pros
the people i worked with.
Cons
tension
things i learned in hsbc
Collector (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 12, 2014
I LEARNED A LOT OF THINGS SUCH IS COLLECTING ACCOUNTS ... CUSTOMER SERVICE

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND BUILDING RELATIONSHIP WITH CLIENTS ...

LOVED WORKING WITH MY TEAM
Pros
team outings
Cons
short breaks
Busy and stimulating
Personal banker - full time (Former Employee) –  MontrealAugust 28, 2013
This job allowed me to use my interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills. The hardest part was the amount of work to do on a daily basis. The best part was the realationship you get to build with collegues and clients.
Good Advance Opportunity
Personal Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2013
Very good promotion opportunity, targets are harsh however, different branches are fighting against each other for the same client in the company
Pros
advancement, salary, benefits
Cons
work-life balance, targets
excellent commercial training
Business Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKAugust 6, 2012
Provide a decent amount of training. however going through major structural changes and many jobs/positions lost. Departments often seperated and or dont work well together.
Pros
pays well
Cons
major stuctural changes
fun workplace, great leaders
Mortgage Agent/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 29, 2012
Amazing work environment, everyone got along great. The best managers, fostered desire to move up and improve.
Pros
liked everyone i worked with
Cons
closed without notice, stability was obviously not there
Good benefits.
Supervisor, Credit Services (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCMay 3, 2012
I learned many skills through many positions.Unfortunately, our department was centralized and the whole Bank was downsized over a number of years. We were all given a severance package, which was much appreciated.
Productive work environment, room for growth in financial industry
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 12, 2013
My duties at Hsbc Finance included simplifying customers financial situation with company products, ei 2nd mortgage, loans, lines of credits, consolidation.
I've learned to work well and understand a customers perspective at times of need and by assisting them to my best ability by providing them with the best option available that will support their personal financial needs.
Managment was not on its firm side, there could have been a lot more ways to help me excell in my position. Had to self teach myself as well as learn from some unexperienced co-workers to learn in this company.
My co-workers were always there to help with compliance issues and always made sure my work was done properly.
Hardest part of my job was to have every file precise so that it is complient.
Acheiving a customers needs and wants, and seeing my work has really benefitted their situation.
Pros
bonus structure, large incentives
Cons
lacking on proper management guidelines
One of the best place i ever work with.
Mail Room Clerk/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
it was more going out and getting things done but i got a check to do it. some days will be long but some will be slow. but it was very busy during month end and year end.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
working from 7 a.m.- 4:30 pm
HSBC Finance was a great place to work.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 22, 2012
I spent nearly 4 years moving up within the company. Things went very well, the people were all supportive and fun to be around. the training regiment promoted learning.
Pros
great peopl
Cons
Interesting, transitional time for company, and good exposure to international banking
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, CanadaJune 1, 2012
I completed a broad range of tasks and projects depending on the time of the month or the time of the year.

I was able to learn more about transfer pricing and costing schemes. I improved my MS Excel skills by working with large amounts of data, learning from colleagues and managers, and asking questions when applicable. I built on existing accounting and tax knowledge by researching and refreshing areas that I was unfamiliar with.

Management was good. They were patient, clear on expectations, clear on explanations of tasks, and enjoyable to work with.

My coworkers were friendly, courteous, and enjoyable to work with. I was able to make some new friends and great contacts while working here.

The hardest part of the job was the amount of work completed on my own. At times I would work on projects for a while without any feedback.

The most enjoyable part of the job was completing a large project, filing the returns, and moving onto new projects.
Professionally a good place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 5, 2012
It was my first job in Canada and I learned a lot on job. It was a all rounder job where you learn all aspects of business, accounting and management.
Pros
free lunches on month ends
Cons
very long hours
Be cautious: Relationship management does matter
Credit Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 25, 2013
Difficult to belong. Work with the right entourage, then you may be able to emotionally continue. A lot of favoritism, but if you like your job like as I do, should not matter.
Working at a worldwide bank.
Security and Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  MarkhamFebruary 18, 2014
Most enjoyable is there are nice coworkers.

There are not much opportunities in this bank to advance, need to look for new challenge elsewhere.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no comment
Personal Banker & Relationship Manager
Personal Banker & Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 29, 2013
 Develop insightful corporate finance presentations for senior management, tailored according to audience and event
 Investigate and present recommendations for special projects related to business operations
 Provide analytical support for various departmental financial books
 Develop flexible and accurate financial models and reports
 Manage incoming analytics and reporting requests and engage stakeholders to understand the underlying business problem, base assumptions and desired outcomes.
 Provide efficient customer service while promoting bolstering a positive image of the HSBC
 Proactively promote, sell and deliver a full range of business/personal products and service and screen for appropriate referral or relationship management opportunities (ex: credit management, securities, private banking, trusts, etc.)
 Monitor existing assigned portfolio as per Bank policy. Maintain a call program to service existing clients, identifying customer needs.