HSBC

HSBC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
HSBC
Branch Sales Manager, Sarnia (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 9, 2012
Pros: good salary and benefits
Cons: work life balance was not always in balance
I enjoyed working at HSBC Finance very much prior to the closing of Canadian operations. I managed daily operations of the HSBC branch in Sarnia. This included everything from cash transaction, to coaching my sales team to following the compliance policies. The most enjoyable part of my day was working with my team and our clients to fulfill their financial – more... goals in a competitve job. – less
Great team Enviroment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Dartmouth, Nova ScotiaApril 2, 2012
Assigned Branch Ambassador for a new financial product and succeeded our branch target to obtain the number one spot in Canada for the branch, January 2012

In March 2012, I was personally ranked 11th in overall sales out of 428 Account Executives in Canada.

Assisted in training new hires and helped coached other branches in various selling techniques.

Helped – more... branch reach top sales in the district by exceeding my sales targets.

Worked closely with existing customers to resolve delinquent accounts by re writing accounts or making alternate arrangements to remove the account from a delinquent status. – less
fun workplace, great leaders
Mortgage Agent/Account Executive (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 29, 2012
Pros: liked everyone i worked with
Cons: closed without notice, stability was obviously not there
Amazing work environment, everyone got along great. The best managers, fostered desire to move up and improve.
Manager, Branch Operations-Consumer Lending Canada (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2012
Pros: ..
Cons: ..
HSBC - North America is composed of HSBC’s U.S. and Canadian businesses. The company’s businesses serve more than 60 million customers in five key areas: personal financial services, consumer finance, commercial banking, private banking and corporate, investment banking and markets
Great Company
Sales Manager (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 26, 2012
Hsbc is a great company to work for. I've learned a lot and developed new skills.
OK but not satisfied
Senior Credit Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2012
Work life balance is good.
Transparency is pretty bad.
The promotion method is confusing.
Productive place to work with an excellent work life balance .
District Insurance Sales Manager (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 23, 2012
Pros: meeting many new wonderful people, staff and customers
Cons: it closed down
The management style was excellent, a great deal of coaching and developing available for staff. The opportunity to assume other responsibilities and to progress was present and the support to progress from higher management was never ending.
HSBC Finance was a great place to work.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 22, 2012
Pros: great peopl
Cons: long hours
I spent nearly 4 years moving up within the company. Things went very well, the people were all supportive and fun to be around. the training regiment promoted learning.
challenging place to work especially when dealing with clients
Account executive (Former Employee), mississauga, OntarioFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: daily meetings to help improve with job
Cons: trainings are not very
had a great experience dealing face to face with clients and studying their financial situations and advising them with what to do that will benefit them.
Been with HSBC Bank for seven years and have travelled to two continents Europe and North America.
Business Specialist, Premier Account Trainee (Former Employee), London UK and CanadaDecember 28, 2011
Pros: travel the globe, products easily understood, no high pressure sales, very customer focuse.
Great opportunities to work for at HSBC Bank. A company that paves way for growth within a few months. The training tools that they use toi train their staff are easy to use and motivating sessions.
Great place to learn, not to stay
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), HondurasAugust 28, 2014
Learned a lot... but too much bureaucracy. Grew too much too fast.
Great People
Collections / Mortgage Service Specialist (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no future
I enjoy working with the people at HSBC. It is a shame that the company, formerly Household Bank, was bought out by HSBC as it has been selling off, outsourcing, and slowly exiting the North American business it has, which has placed a freeze on job growth or advancement and has already started with job cuts.
Best to Work and Bank
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Hyderabad, IndiaAugust 26, 2014
A global leading Bank with employee centric ideas and always see to the employee work life balance.

The best strategy to learn from HSBC is 1) You save, you earn
2) Always be open connect and dependable with customers.

Co-workers are very well treated and self disciplined.

Hardest part of the job is leaving to home from work, the work environment – more... is so good that sometimes I even forget to go home and they remind me of that.

Most enjoyable part of the job is meets with the country heads and daily meetings. – less
HSBC was a fun place to work. The people I worked with were fun to work with.
General Clerk (Former Employee), Pomona, CAAugust 25, 2014
A typical day at work was going and focusing on getting goals met for the day.
While working for HSBC I learned keeping focused and being a team player gets you motivated to get through the day.
Management was easy. Things got done in a timely manner.
I enjoyed working with my team and we people outside my team. We shared a lot of life stories that – more... made us laugh or cry.
I would say the hardest part the job is trying get an issue resolved and it takes more time than needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when runs smooth the whole day. – less
Great Experience
Collections (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILAugust 25, 2014
Pros: training and information provided
Cons: no room for growth
Great experience. Company provided a lot of on the training and knowledge for the field. unfortunately there is no room for growth
Working at HSBC GLT was a great experience!
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Pune, MH, IndiaAugust 25, 2014
HSBC GLT, India is place which has wonderful policies and work culture for an employee to excel at his/her tasks.
A typical day might include anything to do with coding and development, brainstorming sessions for coming up with technical designs and testing.
My biggest learning came from being required to deliver in time and with excellent quality.
knowledge center
Assistant Manager Operation (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 24, 2014
best place to work and the best place to bank. excellent working environment
world largest bank
Executive (Current Employee), Chennai, TNAugust 21, 2014
Pros: cross training
Cons: work life balance
hsbc is world largest bank.so it have great exposure to the employee to work with different group of people(co workers and counter party).

transaction volume will be high.

every employee have chance to all the type of transactions.

learned about banking ,AML,sanctions and so on.

very strong management.

hardest Part of job is each and every mistake – more... is result in financial loss or loss of reputation.

and i enjoy what ever i do in my work because i do things only which is expected from me by management. – less
Great opportunity to understand the business
Management Trainee (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
great chance to work in different departments to see dynamic working environment
PRODUCTIVE, AND FUN PLACE TO WORK.
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: everything
THEY HAVE A VERY GOOD INCENTIVE PROGRAM. THEY REALLY ASSIST FROM TRAINING TO 13 YEARS LATER.

About HSBC

HSBC is a universal bank and is organised within four business groups: Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets (investment – Read more