HSBC

• Salary/Benefits
Best place for Workoholics
Financial Planning Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, CanadaJuly 23, 2012
Sales, sales and sales

Responsible for providing financial planning advice to new and existing customers by identifying their needs and selling appropriate products and services to meet those needs – with a particular emphasis on mortgage, protection and general insurance products
Great branch people , good contact with middle management
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 12, 2012
over all a good experience, mostly lending for mortgages towards the end of the company time in Canada, previously we did our own collections in branch which became "soft" collections in 2010 -2012, that left us more time to execute and practice the art of building customer contact and lending money to our customers.
Professionally a good place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 5, 2012
Pros: free lunches on month ends
Cons: very long hours
It was my first job in Canada and I learned a lot on job. It was a all rounder job where you learn all aspects of business, accounting and management.
Awesome work environment
Senior Business Intelligence Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 28, 2012
Pros: all good
Challenging project, excellent team and awesome project manager.
Being able to join a fast paced, business environment
Senior Receptionist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 26, 2012
Pros: fast paced. and a learning process to die for
Cons: being a target for bullies.
To work with so many people, and learn so much, with the assistance of a fantastic management was incredible.
The co workers were wonderful if they did not work with you directly. The support system staff were lazy, and judgemental. They lied and purposely got rid of whom ever did not fit their click.
Dealing with ignorant co workers, was hard.
Having a management that dealt with bullies immediately was awesome.
Was a great place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee), OntarioJune 26, 2012
Pros: great salary
Cons: long hours
Working for the company was great but the the Finance department decided to close in April 2012.
Productive place to work, excellent bonus program
Assistant Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee), MississaugaJune 12, 2012
Pros: excellent bonus program, extra days off for superior results
Cons: employees not able to work early or late on their own
Typical day started with 1 hour of collections and then on to telemarketing to develop, process and close mortgages and loans. Employees were given a lot of autonomy but management was always available for direction. Work environment was a team atmosphere and everyone participated. Being able to assist customers with their financial needs was rewarding both in the aspect of helping customers and financially through the bonus program.
OK!
Senior Regional Manager Strategy and Projects (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 6, 2012
Pros: looks great on the resume
Cons: management keeps changing
Overall it was an OK place to work at. Looks great on the resume,
Interesting, transitional time for company, and good exposure to international banking
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee), Vancouver, CanadaJune 1, 2012
I completed a broad range of tasks and projects depending on the time of the month or the time of the year.

I was able to learn more about transfer pricing and costing schemes. I improved my MS Excel skills by working with large amounts of data, learning from colleagues and managers, and asking questions when applicable. I built on existing accounting and tax knowledge by researching and refreshing areas that I was unfamiliar with.

Management was good. They were patient, clear on expectations, clear on explanations of tasks, and enjoyable to work with.

My coworkers were friendly, courteous, and enjoyable to work with. I was able to make some new friends and great contacts while working here.

The hardest part of the job was the amount of work completed on my own. At times I would work on projects for a while without any feedback.

The most enjoyable part of the job was completing a large project, filing the returns, and moving onto new projects.
Making sure all procedures were done on a timely basis
Senior Credit Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 16, 2012
Pros: the people i worked with.
Cons: tension
Very busy, very diffuclt workng with the register represtatives. I enjoyed the people I worked with and still hear from some of them.making sure all rules and regulations where carried out.
Positive atmosphere with lots of fun activities.
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2012
Pros: good monthly compensetion with lots of daily, weekly and monthly contests.
Cons: longer hours on monday and tuesday.
The hardest part of the job is to learn how to approach existing leads in order to convert them into mortgage customers. HSBC provided great learning experience with lots of advancement. The most enjoyable part is at the end of the month when you get a chance to make compensation due to hard work through out the month.
Good benefits.
Supervisor, Credit Services (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCMay 3, 2012
I learned many skills through many positions.Unfortunately, our department was centralized and the whole Bank was downsized over a number of years. We were all given a severance package, which was much appreciated.
Amazing working environment with friendly staff
Account Executive (Former Employee), TorontoApril 20, 2012
Selling Secured and Unsecured Lines of Credits and Closed end loans.
An enviroment that offers out brings the best out of you
Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), toronto,onApril 17, 2012
Pros: free lunch on fridays
Cons: stakeholders with tight schedule
I worked with a great team,and one major thing i liked about my work experience there, is that it gave me exposure even to projects i wasnt directly working on,so i learnt and gained a lot. It is also an organisation that appreciates and recognises extra efforts you commit to put things in place. i worked on the customer relationship management of caputuring and retrieving customers information,wealth management and trades at the front end online.
work/life balance
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 16, 2012
Pros: .
Cons: .
positive encouragement from management to pick up activities after work
Job to Career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, onApril 12, 2012
Flexible schedule
Great Experience
New experiences daily
HSBC
Branch Sales Manager, Sarnia (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 9, 2012
Pros: good salary and benefits
Cons: work life balance was not always in balance
I enjoyed working at HSBC Finance very much prior to the closing of Canadian operations. I managed daily operations of the HSBC branch in Sarnia. This included everything from cash transaction, to coaching my sales team to following the compliance policies. The most enjoyable part of my day was working with my team and our clients to fulfill their financial goals in a competitve job.
Great team Enviroment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Dartmouth, Nova ScotiaApril 2, 2012
Assigned Branch Ambassador for a new financial product and succeeded our branch target to obtain the number one spot in Canada for the branch, January 2012

In March 2012, I was personally ranked 11th in overall sales out of 428 Account Executives in Canada.

Assisted in training new hires and helped coached other branches in various selling techniques.

Helped branch reach top sales in the district by exceeding my sales targets.

Worked closely with existing customers to resolve delinquent accounts by re writing accounts or making alternate arrangements to remove the account from a delinquent status.
fun workplace, great leaders
Mortgage Agent/Account Executive (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 29, 2012
Pros: liked everyone i worked with
Cons: closed without notice, stability was obviously not there
Amazing work environment, everyone got along great. The best managers, fostered desire to move up and improve.
Manager, Branch Operations-Consumer Lending Canada (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2012
Pros: ..
Cons: ..
HSBC - North America is composed of HSBC’s U.S. and Canadian businesses. The company’s businesses serve more than 60 million customers in five key areas: personal financial services, consumer finance, commercial banking, private banking and corporate, investment banking and markets

About HSBC

HSBC Bank Canada is a banking and financial services company. It has three segments: Personal Financial Services, Commercial Banking – Read more