HSBC
1,889 reviews

HSBC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun work place with pool and table tennis table
Mentor of Global Support Executive (Former Employee), Cyberjaya, MalaysiaSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: fun
Cons: shifts
Plenty of room for growth in a fast paced and fun environment
Productive and team bulding place
Finance Executive (Former Employee), GurgaonSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: fun place and big brand name
Cons: compensation is low
This company will teach you more to work as a team towards one gole and gives boost and confidence of a brand name carrying with you.
hard sales
Credit Card Sales Adviser (Former Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 28, 2012
Pros: nothing i remember
Cons: tiredness
very hard to sell something
hard sales core
mangement was cool
co workers very cunning
hardest part was to sell some something he dosnt know about
enjoyable part was when sale was done
Overall a great organisation work with
Asst. Manager-Operations (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APAugust 24, 2012
Pros: career advancement, training, recreation
HSBC has been one of the best employers to work with.

Apart from providing good salary and benefits, the organisation also takes care of the morale and motivation of employees by providing career advancement opportunities through various training programs and sound succession planning strategies.

There has been constant endeavors to boost employee – more... motivation and thereby getting the best out of individuals.

I am grateful to get a chance to work in such an organisation. – less
Not good
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABAugust 22, 2012
I learned that to work at this branch you would be moved up the ladder very quickly, but it was challening, because management was not very forthcoming with what they expected of you.
Every Bankers Dream
Relationship Manager in Business Banking (SME) (Former Employee), UAE - DUBAIAugust 8, 2012
HSBC is the place were all professional bankers meet, an opportunity for everyone to start a career in banking, a place to learn the language of banking.
excellent commercial training
Business Banking Officer (Former Employee), Regina, SKAugust 6, 2012
Pros: pays well
Cons: major stuctural changes
Provide a decent amount of training. however going through major structural changes and many jobs/positions lost. Departments often seperated and or dont work well together.
Fast past very friendly work environment with foose ball table during break and lunch hours.
Payment Processor (Former Employee), Montreal,QCJuly 31, 2012
Pros: group paid activities on work hours.
Cons: working long hours on montth end but it happens once a month.
Walking into work every day was fun, co-workers would take 5 minutes to chat about your weekend or just in general. I developed many skills at HSBC Financial but one key skill was time management. I knew when and how long certain tasks would take me to do so I was able to better plan my day to be as productive as possible. The hardest part of my job – more... was the ever changing procedures in a fast past department, but I enjoyed it as it would always keep me on my ties. The most enjoyable part was the many group activities we did as a department that brought us together as a group and made us know one another in a "out of office" environment. – less
lots of growth
Funds Transfer Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 26, 2012
Pros: growth
Cons: i have none
i work for hsbc about 10 years ago its one of the best company to work for
Best place for Workoholics
Financial Planning Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, CanadaJuly 23, 2012
Sales, sales and sales

Responsible for providing financial planning advice to new and existing customers by identifying their needs and selling appropriate products and services to meet those needs – with a particular emphasis on mortgage, protection and general insurance products
Nice place to work
Powerbuilder / Sybase / Datastage Developer (Current Employee), Pune, MHJuly 14, 2012
Working as Consultant Specialist at HSBC Global Technology, Pune, India.
Great branch people , good contact with middle management
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 12, 2012
over all a good experience, mostly lending for mortgages towards the end of the company time in Canada, previously we did our own collections in branch which became "soft" collections in 2010 -2012, that left us more time to execute and practice the art of building customer contact and lending money to our customers.
Professionally a good place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 5, 2012
Pros: free lunches on month ends
Cons: very long hours
It was my first job in Canada and I learned a lot on job. It was a all rounder job where you learn all aspects of business, accounting and management.
Awesome work environment
Senior Business Intelligence Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 28, 2012
Pros: all good
Challenging project, excellent team and awesome project manager.
Being able to join a fast paced, business environment
Senior Receptionist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 26, 2012
Pros: fast paced. and a learning process to die for
Cons: being a target for bullies.
To work with so many people, and learn so much, with the assistance of a fantastic management was incredible.
The co workers were wonderful if they did not work with you directly. The support system staff were lazy, and judgemental. They lied and purposely got rid of whom ever did not fit their click.
Dealing with ignorant co workers, was hard.
Having – more... a management that dealt with bullies immediately was awesome. – less
Was a great place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee), OntarioJune 26, 2012
Pros: great salary
Cons: long hours
Working for the company was great but the the Finance department decided to close in April 2012.
Productive place to work, excellent bonus program
Assistant Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee), MississaugaJune 12, 2012
Pros: excellent bonus program, extra days off for superior results
Cons: employees not able to work early or late on their own
Typical day started with 1 hour of collections and then on to telemarketing to develop, process and close mortgages and loans. Employees were given a lot of autonomy but management was always available for direction. Work environment was a team atmosphere and everyone participated. Being able to assist customers with their financial needs was rewarding – more... both in the aspect of helping customers and financially through the bonus program. – less
OK!
Senior Regional Manager Strategy and Projects (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 6, 2012
Pros: looks great on the resume
Cons: management keeps changing
Overall it was an OK place to work at. Looks great on the resume,
Making sure all procedures were done on a timely basis
Senior Credit Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 16, 2012
Pros: the people i worked with.
Cons: tension
Very busy, very diffuclt workng with the register represtatives. I enjoyed the people I worked with and still hear from some of them.making sure all rules and regulations where carried out.
Positive atmosphere with lots of fun activities.
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2012
Pros: good monthly compensetion with lots of daily, weekly and monthly contests.
Cons: longer hours on monday and tuesday.
The hardest part of the job is to learn how to approach existing leads in order to convert them into mortgage customers. HSBC provided great learning experience with lots of advancement. The most enjoyable part is at the end of the month when you get a chance to make compensation due to hard work through out the month.

About HSBC

HSBC Bank Canada, formerly the Hong Kong Bank of Canada, is a bank in Canada that is part of British banking giant HSBC - one – Read more