HSBC
2,212 reviews

HSBC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
OK!
Senior Regional Manager Strategy and Projects (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 6, 2012
Pros: looks great on the resume
Cons: management keeps changing
Overall it was an OK place to work at. Looks great on the resume,
Interesting, transitional time for company, and good exposure to international banking
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee), Vancouver, CanadaJune 1, 2012
I completed a broad range of tasks and projects depending on the time of the month or the time of the year.

I was able to learn more about transfer pricing and costing schemes. I improved my MS Excel skills by working with large amounts of data, learning from colleagues and managers, and asking questions when applicable. I built on existing accounting – more... and tax knowledge by researching and refreshing areas that I was unfamiliar with.

Management was good. They were patient, clear on expectations, clear on explanations of tasks, and enjoyable to work with.

My coworkers were friendly, courteous, and enjoyable to work with. I was able to make some new friends and great contacts while working here.

The hardest part of the job was the amount of work completed on my own. At times I would work on projects for a while without any feedback.

The most enjoyable part of the job was completing a large project, filing the returns, and moving onto new projects. – less
Making sure all procedures were done on a timely basis
Senior Credit Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 16, 2012
Pros: the people i worked with.
Cons: tension
Very busy, very diffuclt workng with the register represtatives. I enjoyed the people I worked with and still hear from some of them.making sure all rules and regulations where carried out.
Positive atmosphere with lots of fun activities.
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2012
Pros: good monthly compensetion with lots of daily, weekly and monthly contests.
Cons: longer hours on monday and tuesday.
The hardest part of the job is to learn how to approach existing leads in order to convert them into mortgage customers. HSBC provided great learning experience with lots of advancement. The most enjoyable part is at the end of the month when you get a chance to make compensation due to hard work through out the month.
Good benefits.
Supervisor, Credit Services (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCMay 3, 2012
I learned many skills through many positions.Unfortunately, our department was centralized and the whole Bank was downsized over a number of years. We were all given a severance package, which was much appreciated.
Amazing working environment with friendly staff
Account Executive (Former Employee), TorontoApril 20, 2012
Selling Secured and Unsecured Lines of Credits and Closed end loans.
An enviroment that offers out brings the best out of you
Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), toronto,onApril 17, 2012
Pros: free lunch on fridays
Cons: stakeholders with tight schedule
I worked with a great team,and one major thing i liked about my work experience there, is that it gave me exposure even to projects i wasnt directly working on,so i learnt and gained a lot. It is also an organisation that appreciates and recognises extra efforts you commit to put things in place. i worked on the customer relationship management of caputuring – more... and retrieving customers information,wealth management and trades at the front end online. – less
work/life balance
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 16, 2012
Pros: .
Cons: .
positive encouragement from management to pick up activities after work
Job to Career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, onApril 12, 2012
Flexible schedule
Great Experience
New experiences daily
HSBC
Branch Sales Manager, Sarnia (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 9, 2012
Pros: good salary and benefits
Cons: work life balance was not always in balance
I enjoyed working at HSBC Finance very much prior to the closing of Canadian operations. I managed daily operations of the HSBC branch in Sarnia. This included everything from cash transaction, to coaching my sales team to following the compliance policies. The most enjoyable part of my day was working with my team and our clients to fulfill their financial – more... goals in a competitve job. – less
Great team Enviroment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Dartmouth, Nova ScotiaApril 2, 2012
Assigned Branch Ambassador for a new financial product and succeeded our branch target to obtain the number one spot in Canada for the branch, January 2012

In March 2012, I was personally ranked 11th in overall sales out of 428 Account Executives in Canada.

Assisted in training new hires and helped coached other branches in various selling techniques.

Helped – more... branch reach top sales in the district by exceeding my sales targets.

Worked closely with existing customers to resolve delinquent accounts by re writing accounts or making alternate arrangements to remove the account from a delinquent status. – less
fun workplace, great leaders
Mortgage Agent/Account Executive (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 29, 2012
Pros: liked everyone i worked with
Cons: closed without notice, stability was obviously not there
Amazing work environment, everyone got along great. The best managers, fostered desire to move up and improve.
Manager, Branch Operations-Consumer Lending Canada (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2012
Pros: ..
Cons: ..
HSBC - North America is composed of HSBC’s U.S. and Canadian businesses. The company’s businesses serve more than 60 million customers in five key areas: personal financial services, consumer finance, commercial banking, private banking and corporate, investment banking and markets
Great Company
Sales Manager (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 26, 2012
Hsbc is a great company to work for. I've learned a lot and developed new skills.
OK but not satisfied
Senior Credit Risk Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2012
Work life balance is good.
Transparency is pretty bad.
The promotion method is confusing.
Productive place to work with an excellent work life balance .
District Insurance Sales Manager (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 23, 2012
Pros: meeting many new wonderful people, staff and customers
Cons: it closed down
The management style was excellent, a great deal of coaching and developing available for staff. The opportunity to assume other responsibilities and to progress was present and the support to progress from higher management was never ending.
HSBC Finance was a great place to work.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 22, 2012
Pros: great peopl
Cons: long hours
I spent nearly 4 years moving up within the company. Things went very well, the people were all supportive and fun to be around. the training regiment promoted learning.
challenging place to work especially when dealing with clients
Account executive (Former Employee), mississauga, OntarioFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: daily meetings to help improve with job
Cons: trainings are not very
had a great experience dealing face to face with clients and studying their financial situations and advising them with what to do that will benefit them.
Been with HSBC Bank for seven years and have travelled to two continents Europe and North America.
Business Specialist, Premier Account Trainee (Former Employee), London UK and CanadaDecember 28, 2011
Pros: travel the globe, products easily understood, no high pressure sales, very customer focuse.
Great opportunities to work for at HSBC Bank. A company that paves way for growth within a few months. The training tools that they use toi train their staff are easy to use and motivating sessions.
Finance Executive - Finance Operations (Former Employee), Gurgaon, IndiaNovember 26, 2014
Pros: stable bank
Cons: long hours
Good company to work with, updated technology used in the bank, well managed

About HSBC

HSBC is a universal bank and is organised within four business groups: Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets (investment – Read more