HSBC Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
An enviroment that offers out brings the best out of you
Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), toronto,onApril 17, 2012
Pros: free lunch on fridays
Cons: stakeholders with tight schedule
I worked with a great team,and one major thing i liked about my work experience there, is that it gave me exposure even to projects i wasnt directly working on,so i learnt and gained a lot. It is also an organisation that appreciates and recognises extra efforts you commit to put things in place. i worked on the customer relationship management of caputuring and retrieving customers information,wealth management and trades at the front end online.
Great team Enviroment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Dartmouth, Nova ScotiaApril 2, 2012
Assigned Branch Ambassador for a new financial product and succeeded our branch target to obtain the number one spot in Canada for the branch, January 2012

In March 2012, I was personally ranked 11th in overall sales out of 428 Account Executives in Canada.

Assisted in training new hires and helped coached other branches in various selling techniques.

Helped branch reach top sales in the district by exceeding my sales targets.

Worked closely with existing customers to resolve delinquent accounts by re writing accounts or making alternate arrangements to remove the account from a delinquent status.
My job Description
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2012
• Solved customer’s credit card payment issues
• Informed customers about their debt amount and request for prompt payment
• Managed team sales data record periodically to track team performance metrics
• Instrumental in generating highest team quality score for addressing in-bound customer queries in the credit card division (North America)
• Awarded for exceeding up-selling sales target in the North American credit card division
Productive enjoyable fast pace environment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 12, 2013
• Meet or exceed sales goals/targets
• Assist the Branch Sales Manager with auditing, loan documentation, proceeds disbursement and counter-payment processing.
• Perform mortgage closing ( 2nd mortgages ) delinquency follow-up, credit inquiries, and loan approvals.
• Bank promotional programs, and direct marketing initiatives by executing customer calling in a professional and efficient manner (outbound/inbound calls).
• Responsible to maintain a superior, high quality, and courteous service to promote retail products to attract, retain and expand customer relationship.
Capability, identifying and understanding customers' needs and goals in order to resolve issues quickly and effectively
Positive enviornment to work in.
Temporary Project (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 6, 2012
Pros: all of my co-workers were kind, helpful & understanding. good hourly rate & hours. proffesional enviornment.
Cons: most of the work was very tedious.
Working for HSBC helped me gain more filing & organization experience. I constantly had something to do, so we were always being productive & efficient. All of the Full Time employee's were very helpful & courteous. It was a great experience in general.
Been with HSBC Bank for seven years and have travelled to two continents Europe and North America.
Business Specialist, Premier Account Trainee (Former Employee), London UK and CanadaDecember 28, 2011
Pros: travel the globe, products easily understood, no high pressure sales, very customer focuse.
Great opportunities to work for at HSBC Bank. A company that paves way for growth within a few months. The training tools that they use toi train their staff are easy to use and motivating sessions.
Productive, opportunity to grow , various assignment
Assistant Branch Sales Manager Large Branch (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2012
Pros: opportunity to grow
Cons: product restriction
* Reviewing mortgage applications for Team of 7
* Gain solid mortgage lending knowledge from sales to close and collection including, underwriting,legal, appraisal ETc.
*Managed no 1 team in canada
*gain solid customer service and administrative skills
* instability of industry
Productive place to work with an excellent work life balance .
District Insurance Sales Manager (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 23, 2012
Pros: meeting many new wonderful people, staff and customers
Cons: it closed down
The management style was excellent, a great deal of coaching and developing available for staff. The opportunity to assume other responsibilities and to progress was present and the support to progress from higher management was never ending.
Doesn't seem to know what direction they want to go even in the face of success
Senior Reconciliations Specialist (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: average health benefits but banking and trading benefits were a help as well
Cons: couldn't stand to part with money to their employees so almost never a salary increase, always an excuse
Like many workplaces it was about the co-workers, including management. They tried their best.
Fast past very friendly work environment with foose ball table during break and lunch hours.
Payment Processor (Former Employee), Montreal,QCJuly 31, 2012
Pros: group paid activities on work hours.
Cons: working long hours on montth end but it happens once a month.
Walking into work every day was fun, co-workers would take 5 minutes to chat about your weekend or just in general. I developed many skills at HSBC Financial but one key skill was time management. I knew when and how long certain tasks would take me to do so I was able to better plan my day to be as productive as possible. The hardest part of my job was the ever changing procedures in a fast past department, but I enjoyed it as it would always keep me on my ties. The most enjoyable part was the many group activities we did as a department that brought us together as a group and made us know one another in a "out of office" environment.
Continuously contact clients for meetings.
Premium Banker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: meeting with clients.
Cons: very little communication with co-workers; very competitive.
- Overcome client objections
- Long hours
- Manage and organize client leads
- Very little communication between co-workers
- Extensive product knowledge
workplace where there is an opportunity for advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), waterloo,ontarioNovember 20, 2012
My typical day at work is to help clients with their financial needs and also help them with their financial decisions.

My co- workers are very friendly and suppotive.

The hardest part of my job is to keep up sometimes with paper works.

The most enjoyable part is the relationship which I maintain with my clients.
Great place for professionals looking for an international careers
Head of Sales - Canada, Global Banking, PCM (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Exciting international career by connecting businesses to opportunities globally.
Great branch people , good contact with middle management
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 12, 2012
over all a good experience, mostly lending for mortgages towards the end of the company time in Canada, previously we did our own collections in branch which became "soft" collections in 2010 -2012, that left us more time to execute and practice the art of building customer contact and lending money to our customers.
Working as a Senior Business Consultant with a leading Fortune 50 bank
Senior Business Consultant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 2, 2013
Pros: deep knowledge of retail banking
Cons: long hours and working across different timezones
A typical day in office involves coordinating with Business,Offshore teams from China and India.Sometimes have to undergo requirement meetings with Brazil.

Learnt to work effectively work with global teams,understand their culture, respecting the working style and yet getting the best professional results.

Have really enhanced my management capabilities as I have to undertake work across 3-4 countries,ensure functional and technical completeness of a project,manage diverse cultures.

The most hard part of my job was to create behemoth Functional specifications for a truly global product,getting the global requirements,convincing the regional sites to entail the additional cost.
got a lot of experience of AS/400, project management, retail banking & marketing.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), VancouverJuly 24, 2014
Pros: challenging, satisfaction
Cons: very high pressure, long hour working
Most of the time required team work, lots of pressure and tight deadline. Quick decision making is required while production support.
intercultural workplace
ORA Associate (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecNovember 21, 2012
Pros: understanding managers
Cons: poor advancement
HSBC is world renounned. You get to meet people from all around the world as clients and coworkers. One of the more difficult parts about the job is the lack of organization with the administrative staff and cashiers, sometimes being too interconnected isn't something good.
Best place for Workoholics
Financial Planning Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, CanadaJuly 23, 2012
Sales, sales and sales

Responsible for providing financial planning advice to new and existing customers by identifying their needs and selling appropriate products and services to meet those needs – with a particular emphasis on mortgage, protection and general insurance products
Manager, Branch Operations-Consumer Lending Canada (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2012
Pros: ..
Cons: ..
HSBC - North America is composed of HSBC’s U.S. and Canadian businesses. The company’s businesses serve more than 60 million customers in five key areas: personal financial services, consumer finance, commercial banking, private banking and corporate, investment banking and markets
good experience and was able to travel home
Account Manager (Former Employee), Sudbbury, onSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: got great experience
Cons: very unstable ground rock bursts and scaley walls
whie working here it was good experience as it was underground and gave me the ability to learn how to undergroound mine from drilling blast holes for blasting to setting screen.
Headquarters