HSBC
2,247 reviews

HSBC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work and be able to help customers reach some of their financial goals.
Account Executive/Mortgage Agent (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 24, 2012
Pros: seeing how happy your customers were when you could help them with their financial needs.
Cons: when you were unable to help out some customers, due to their financial situations.
Helping customers with their financial goals, thru, loans, mortgages and customer service.
HSBC is a good place to work and they care about their employees.
Co-workers were always helpful.
My manager always gave credit when credit was due.
The job could be stressful at times as any other job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing how happy my – more... customer's were when I was able to help them with their need. – less
Very good place to work!
Executive Assistant to SVP (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2012
Pros: mostly pros - great place to work. good systems in place
Proud to be part of an international bank group.
Great work ambiance - learned a lot.
Productive, opportunity to grow , various assignment
Assistant Branch Sales Manager Large Branch (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2012
Pros: opportunity to grow
Cons: product restriction
* Reviewing mortgage applications for Team of 7
* Gain solid mortgage lending knowledge from sales to close and collection including, underwriting,legal, appraisal ETc.
*Managed no 1 team in canada
*gain solid customer service and administrative skills
* instability of industry
Positive enviornment to work in.
Temporary Project (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 6, 2012
Pros: all of my co-workers were kind, helpful & understanding. good hourly rate & hours. proffesional enviornment.
Cons: most of the work was very tedious.
Working for HSBC helped me gain more filing & organization experience. I constantly had something to do, so we were always being productive & efficient. All of the Full Time employee's were very helpful & courteous. It was a great experience in general.
Reputable institution with a strong corporate image
Personal Banker / Central Cash (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 2, 2012
Pros: staff rates
Cons: bad management; routine; high turnover of employees
- Respectful environment
- Professional and friendly co-workers
- No training
good experience and was able to travel home
Account Manager (Former Employee), Sudbbury, onSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: got great experience
Cons: very unstable ground rock bursts and scaley walls
whie working here it was good experience as it was underground and gave me the ability to learn how to undergroound mine from drilling blast holes for blasting to setting screen.
Productive and fun work
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 26, 2012
Learn to know the needs of the customer. Had a great Manager..Enjoy attending training and seminars.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: plenty of work to do
Cons: job not long enough
I liked working for this company because I always wanted to work in bank. There was plenty of work to do.
A typical day
Application Architect (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 19, 2012
Work, work, work. The good thing is that I learnt a lot of design patterns, web applications and financial systems.
My job Description
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2012
• Solved customer’s credit card payment issues
• Informed customers about their debt amount and request for prompt payment
• Managed team sales data record periodically to track team performance metrics
• Instrumental in generating highest team quality score for addressing in-bound customer queries in the credit card division (North America)
• Awarded – more... for exceeding up-selling sales target in the North American credit card division – less
Fun work place with pool and table tennis table
Mentor of Global Support Executive (Former Employee), Cyberjaya, MalaysiaSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: fun
Cons: shifts
Plenty of room for growth in a fast paced and fun environment
Not good
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABAugust 22, 2012
I learned that to work at this branch you would be moved up the ladder very quickly, but it was challening, because management was not very forthcoming with what they expected of you.
excellent commercial training
Business Banking Officer (Former Employee), Regina, SKAugust 6, 2012
Pros: pays well
Cons: major stuctural changes
Provide a decent amount of training. however going through major structural changes and many jobs/positions lost. Departments often seperated and or dont work well together.
Fast past very friendly work environment with foose ball table during break and lunch hours.
Payment Processor (Former Employee), Montreal,QCJuly 31, 2012
Pros: group paid activities on work hours.
Cons: working long hours on montth end but it happens once a month.
Walking into work every day was fun, co-workers would take 5 minutes to chat about your weekend or just in general. I developed many skills at HSBC Financial but one key skill was time management. I knew when and how long certain tasks would take me to do so I was able to better plan my day to be as productive as possible. The hardest part of my job – more... was the ever changing procedures in a fast past department, but I enjoyed it as it would always keep me on my ties. The most enjoyable part was the many group activities we did as a department that brought us together as a group and made us know one another in a "out of office" environment. – less
Best place for Workoholics
Financial Planning Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, CanadaJuly 23, 2012
Sales, sales and sales

Responsible for providing financial planning advice to new and existing customers by identifying their needs and selling appropriate products and services to meet those needs – with a particular emphasis on mortgage, protection and general insurance products
Great branch people , good contact with middle management
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 12, 2012
over all a good experience, mostly lending for mortgages towards the end of the company time in Canada, previously we did our own collections in branch which became "soft" collections in 2010 -2012, that left us more time to execute and practice the art of building customer contact and lending money to our customers.
Professionally a good place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 5, 2012
Pros: free lunches on month ends
Cons: very long hours
It was my first job in Canada and I learned a lot on job. It was a all rounder job where you learn all aspects of business, accounting and management.
Awesome work environment
Senior Business Intelligence Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 28, 2012
Pros: all good
Challenging project, excellent team and awesome project manager.
Being able to join a fast paced, business environment
Senior Receptionist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 26, 2012
Pros: fast paced. and a learning process to die for
Cons: being a target for bullies.
To work with so many people, and learn so much, with the assistance of a fantastic management was incredible.
The co workers were wonderful if they did not work with you directly. The support system staff were lazy, and judgemental. They lied and purposely got rid of whom ever did not fit their click.
Dealing with ignorant co workers, was hard.
Having – more... a management that dealt with bullies immediately was awesome. – less
Was a great place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee), OntarioJune 26, 2012
Pros: great salary
Cons: long hours
Working for the company was great but the the Finance department decided to close in April 2012.

About HSBC

HSBC was set up in Hong Kong and Shanghai in 1865 to finance trade between China and Europe, with an office opening in London – Read more