HSBC Employee Reviews

An enviroment that offers out brings the best out of you
Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  toronto,onApril 17, 2012
I worked with a great team,and one major thing i liked about my work experience there, is that it gave me exposure even to projects i wasnt directly working on,so i learnt and gained a lot. It is also an organisation that appreciates and recognises extra efforts you commit to put things in place. i worked on the customer relationship management of caputuring and retrieving customers information,wealth management and trades at the front end online.
Pros
free lunch on fridays
Cons
stakeholders with tight schedule
Positive atmosphere with lots of fun activities.
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2012
The hardest part of the job is to learn how to approach existing leads in order to convert them into mortgage customers. HSBC provided great learning experience with lots of advancement. The most enjoyable part is at the end of the month when you get a chance to make compensation due to hard work through out the month.
Pros
good monthly compensetion with lots of daily, weekly and monthly contests.
Cons
longer hours on monday and tuesday.
I handled my workload efficiently and accurately. - was able to persuade management and client of how much time would be save if the client co-ope
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2013
- I handled my workload efficiently and accurately.
- was able to persuade management and client of how much time would be save if the client co-operate and provided us with accurate and timely information which would result in faster processing.
- An excellent company where growth and challenges are.
- Close working relationship
- Nothing.
- Being constantly busy analyzing and resolving problems both customer and department related.
Pros
peacefull enviorement
Cons
busy
My job Description
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2012
• Solved customer’s credit card payment issues
• Informed customers about their debt amount and request for prompt payment
• Managed team sales data record periodically to track team performance metrics
• Instrumental in generating highest team quality score for addressing in-bound customer queries in the credit card division (North America)
• Awarded for exceeding up-selling sales target in the North American credit card division
Productive & fun workplace with opportunity for career advancement
Recovery Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCFebruary 3, 2015
Over my 11 years at HSBC Financial I learned numerous aspects of the sub-prime credit market including collections, customer service, fraud and funding. It was a great place to develop and share in the company's success.
Productive enjoyable fast pace environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 12, 2013
• Meet or exceed sales goals/targets
• Assist the Branch Sales Manager with auditing, loan documentation, proceeds disbursement and counter-payment processing.
• Perform mortgage closing ( 2nd mortgages ) delinquency follow-up, credit inquiries, and loan approvals.
• Bank promotional programs, and direct marketing initiatives by executing customer calling in a professional and efficient manner (outbound/inbound calls).
• Responsible to maintain a superior, high quality, and courteous service to promote retail products to attract, retain and expand customer relationship.
Capability, identifying and understanding customers' needs and goals in order to resolve issues quickly and effectively
Senior Business Analyst with expertise in retail and wealth management.Extensive knowledge of Retail Banking Product.
Senior Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 19, 2014
A typical day at work is working with 5 global teams at the same time and tacking their problems.

Learnt to channelize the work according to skills and the knowledge base as also to respect the diversity of individuals.

Have Acquired Truly global Management capabilities.

Hardest part of job was managing ever changing requiremets and trying to somehow seperating global and regional requirements.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a talented bunch of diverse individuals and the learning I got working with such a talented group
Pros
great learning, business exposure, global business understanding
Cons
long hours, bad work life balance
Positive enviornment to work in.
Temporary Project (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 6, 2012
Working for HSBC helped me gain more filing & organization experience. I constantly had something to do, so we were always being productive & efficient. All of the Full Time employee's were very helpful & courteous. It was a great experience in general.
Pros
all of my co-workers were kind, helpful & understanding. good hourly rate & hours. proffesional enviornment.
Cons
most of the work was very tedious.
Been with HSBC Bank for seven years and have travelled to two continents Europe and North America.
Business Specialist, Premier Account Trainee (Former Employee) –  London UK and CanadaDecember 28, 2011
Great opportunities to work for at HSBC Bank. A company that paves way for growth within a few months. The training tools that they use toi train their staff are easy to use and motivating sessions.
Pros
travel the globe, products easily understood, no high pressure sales, very customer focuse.
Productive, opportunity to grow , various assignment
Assistant Branch Sales Manager Large Branch (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2012
* Reviewing mortgage applications for Team of 7
* Gain solid mortgage lending knowledge from sales to close and collection including, underwriting,legal, appraisal ETc.
*Managed no 1 team in canada
*gain solid customer service and administrative skills
* instability of industry
Pros
opportunity to grow
Cons
product restriction
QA Analyst
QA Analyst (SIT/UAT) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2014
• Worked closely with business team in gathering Test requirements and Test documents by participating in several walk throughs and meetings
• Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional, System-Integration (SIT), End to End, Regression, Negative and Integration testing in various types of software development life cycle (SDLC) and Project Management life cycle (PMLC)
Productive place to work with an excellent work life balance .
District Insurance Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 23, 2012
The management style was excellent, a great deal of coaching and developing available for staff. The opportunity to assume other responsibilities and to progress was present and the support to progress from higher management was never ending.
Pros
meeting many new wonderful people, staff and customers
Cons
it closed down
Good working environment
Premium Banker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2015
Coming to work and meeting with clients to discuss the future from a financial prospective. Helping people understand products
Fast past very friendly work environment with foose ball table during break and lunch hours.
Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Montreal,QCJuly 31, 2012
Walking into work every day was fun, co-workers would take 5 minutes to chat about your weekend or just in general. I developed many skills at HSBC Financial but one key skill was time management. I knew when and how long certain tasks would take me to do so I was able to better plan my day to be as productive as possible. The hardest part of my job was the ever changing procedures in a fast past department, but I enjoyed it as it would always keep me on my ties. The most enjoyable part was the many group activities we did as a department that brought us together as a group and made us know one another in a "out of office" environment.
Pros
group paid activities on work hours.
Cons
working long hours on montth end but it happens once a month.
Execution of Strategic Projects and Process development involved
Projects and Process Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Salvador, Central AmericaJune 14, 2014
Process Analysis and Improvement

Participation on Strategic Projects selected by Directors Board and CEO

Interaction with partners from many countries (Mexico, Central America, India, etc.)
Pros
high exposure with directors / grow opportunities
Cons
short time to implement estrategies
Room for advancement, yet strict work culture
Account Manager, Commercial Real Estate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 16, 2014
HSBC facilitated my foray into the financial industry, having studied business management in school.

Starting as a Customer Service Representative, I worked my way through to an Account Management position with support from superiors all the way through.

Having transitioned from a smaller, local branch, to the main downtown branch, work culture shifted from a more relaxed, open culture, to a very political, closed culture.

This made it difficult to continue in this environment, as superiors were not open to new ideas and led with a tight fist.

Although the company as a whole is a great place to work given the international work opportunities, the right mentorship, leadership and management I feel needs greater improvement to encourage younger employees to thrive.
workplace where there is an opportunity for advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  waterloo,ontarioNovember 20, 2012
My typical day at work is to help clients with their financial needs and also help them with their financial decisions.

My co- workers are very friendly and suppotive.

The hardest part of my job is to keep up sometimes with paper works.

The most enjoyable part is the relationship which I maintain with my clients.
Great branch people , good contact with middle management
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJuly 12, 2012
over all a good experience, mostly lending for mortgages towards the end of the company time in Canada, previously we did our own collections in branch which became "soft" collections in 2010 -2012, that left us more time to execute and practice the art of building customer contact and lending money to our customers.
Doesn't seem to know what direction they want to go even in the face of success
Senior Reconciliations Specialist (Former Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 19, 2014
Like many workplaces it was about the co-workers, including management. They tried their best.
Pros
average health benefits but banking and trading benefits were a help as well
Cons
couldn't stand to part with money to their employees so almost never a salary increase, always an excuse
Good Global Bank
Premier Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 4, 2015
Very busy work environment, I like the hectic space.
Clients of a global bank very diverse ever changing goals and needs.
I am part of the management team, heavy schedules.
Very diverse coworkers.