HSBC
1,857 reviews

HSBC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and good work atmosphere
BUSINESS BANKING OFFICER (Former Employee), Hamilton, ON and Oakville, ONJune 19, 2013
I learned to manage the day-to-day banking activities for clients with a value of over $7 Million in revenues
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK PLACE, NICE PEOPLE TO WORK WITH
Fraud Detection Specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 19, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: too far from home
Everything about HSBC was great....colleagues, managers...what I liked the most was the fact that everyone was bilingual.....it didn't matter if you spoke English or French, we all understood each other.
Team atmosphere.
Manager, Financial Analysis (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2013
Everyone enjoys going to work, because is a team atmosphere. Work life balance is stressed.
Great company to work for.
Information Security Specialist (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJune 14, 2013
Working for HSBC is something like a dream job come true for any individual. Its a very good place to work for. I learned how a corporate environment will be, how they work and their ethical standards, values and principles. The management is exemplary and our team members are very cooperative in all aspects. I love every single day of my job with HSBC.
Wonderful company to work for
Sales Assistant/ Sales Representative (Former Employee), brampton, onJune 10, 2013
Great company offering an opportunity to grow and learn new skills. unfortunately no longer in business.
Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Birmingham, United KingdomMay 1, 2013
Pros: flexible start / finish times
Cons: no parking
Good Salary, Great work ethic and working culture, Job security and a great work/life balance.
Pride and productivity goes hand in hand at HSBC
Team Leader (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APApril 28, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, growth opportunities
Hsbc India is one of the best companies to work for, Hsbc truly believes in providing their employees with equal opportunity to grow and hands on support to strike a balance between work-life,

Hsbc provides their employees with tremendous learning and development opportunities.

Management believes in seamless environment they are always accessible – more... to anyone who approaches Hsbc is like a joint family where in everyone understands their roles and responsibilities and gracefully delivers it.

Going to Hsbc and working their has always been fun the environment was relaxing and never i felt tired being their.

Being associated with Hsbc was fun and honour. – less
It was knowledge based job
Cashier (Teller) (Former Employee), Wales, UKApril 11, 2013
Pros: one hour lunch break free tea or coffee
I loved working in HSBC bank as I have learned so much about how to handle your money and your finances.

It was a small branch so there was only 5-6 member of staff, but we used to work like a family together, the Branch Manager there was the most nice lady I have ever met.

The hard part was that you'd have to stand most of your shift timings but – more... when you are in a busy place the time goes really quick. – less
Good firm and good work life balance
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee), Pune, MHApril 10, 2013
Pros: work life balance, good pay
Cons: less job security
Best in Vancouver. But there is no job security as they are cutting down cost. Vancouver is the most expensive office they have. London is cheaper than Vancouver.
Productive and reliability
Account Manager (Former Employee), United kingdomApril 2, 2013
Pros: productive and pleasure
Cons: enviromental issues.
Having new client

Learned how to always put in the best and attain a qualitative output.

Management stable and efficient.

My co-workers they where so reliable and dedicated to their job

The hardest part of the job was to convince client and win them over and remain banking with HSBC.

The most enjoyable parts of the job was having my portfolio well – more... managed. – less
Personal Banker & Relationship Manager
Personal Banker & Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 29, 2013
 Develop insightful corporate finance presentations for senior management, tailored according to audience and event
 Investigate and present recommendations for special projects related to business operations
 Provide analytical support for various departmental financial books
 Develop flexible and accurate financial models and reports
 Manage – more... incoming analytics and reporting requests and engage stakeholders to understand the underlying business problem, base assumptions and desired outcomes.
 Provide efficient customer service while promoting bolstering a positive image of the HSBC
 Proactively promote, sell and deliver a full range of business/personal products and service and screen for appropriate referral or relationship management opportunities (ex: credit management, securities, private banking, trusts, etc.)
 Monitor existing assigned portfolio as per Bank policy. Maintain a call program to service existing clients, identifying customer needs. – less
Systems were improved, however the internal changes maintained to be a true challenge
Administrateur de information immobilier (Former Employee), MEXMarch 28, 2013
The change of the new banking operations were very interesant however the training given to the employees didn't helped to obtain as good results as required.
Good Advance Opportunity
Personal Financial Service Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2013
Pros: advancement, salary, benefits
Cons: work-life balance, targets
Very good promotion opportunity, targets are harsh however, different branches are fighting against each other for the same client in the company
Challenging and stimulating work environment
Senior Commercial Banking Officer (Current Employee), Montreal QuebecMarch 20, 2013
Pros: staff rates
Cons: long hours
HSBC Bank requires that I pay close attention to detail as I must be one hundred percent accurate in all my tasks. On some days I must perform internal audits and am tasked with opening non-standard, irregular commercial accounts which may pose reputational risks to the bank. This is one of the harder tasks of my job.

The most enjoyable part is meeting – more... interesting clients with unique business models. Everyone is different and assessing the needs of each and every commercial client is a challenge. It involves assessing risk, and ensuring that all HSBC policy is met which requires coordination with our legal department as well as ensuring that all OFSI (Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada) requirements are also met. However, getting to know new companies and closing big accounts for the bank is one of the most enjoyable and rewarding aspects of my job.

In my three years at the bank I have had to develop excellent organizational skills and I now have demonstrated proficiency in all core office administration functions, including an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, document preparation, internal/external communications, data and records management, meeting scheduling, and task prioritization. – less
Productive work environment, room for growth in financial industry
Account Executive (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 12, 2013
Pros: bonus structure, large incentives
Cons: lacking on proper management guidelines
My duties at Hsbc Finance included simplifying customers financial situation with company products, ei 2nd mortgage, loans, lines of credits, consolidation.
I've learned to work well and understand a customers perspective at times of need and by assisting them to my best ability by providing them with the best option available that will support their – more... personal financial needs.
Managment was not on its firm side, there could have been a lot more ways to help me excell in my position. Had to self teach myself as well as learn from some unexperienced co-workers to learn in this company.
My co-workers were always there to help with compliance issues and always made sure my work was done properly.
Hardest part of my job was to have every file precise so that it is complient.
Acheiving a customers needs and wants, and seeing my work has really benefitted their situation. – less
A really lively place to work where lots of other departments work as neighbour
Anti-Money Laundering Executive (Compliance) (Former Employee), COLOMBO SRI LANKAMarch 8, 2013
Pros: unlimited free soft drinks
Cons: long hours, compulsory over time
Once we get to work, there will be Alerts assigned by manager for the day which we should perform investigation and write case narration.
I learned about compliance procedures, investigation methods, case narration writing, team work to achieve the common goal.
Management was well structured according to their designations.
Co- Workers were friendly – more... and helpful.
The hardest part of the job is that sometimes we have been asked to do compulsory over times.

Financial crime investigation and encountering different cases on every alert. – less
I handled my workload efficiently and accurately. - was able to persuade management and client of how much time would be save if the client co-ope
Filing Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2013
Pros: peacefull enviorement
Cons: busy
- I handled my workload efficiently and accurately.
- was able to persuade management and client of how much time would be save if the client co-operate and provided us with accurate and timely information which would result in faster processing.
- An excellent company where growth and challenges are.
- Close working relationship
- Nothing.
- Being – more... constantly busy analyzing and resolving problems both customer and department related. – less
Productive enjoyable fast pace environment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 12, 2013
• Meet or exceed sales goals/targets
• Assist the Branch Sales Manager with auditing, loan documentation, proceeds disbursement and counter-payment processing.
• Perform mortgage closing ( 2nd mortgages ) delinquency follow-up, credit inquiries, and loan approvals.
• Bank promotional programs, and direct marketing initiatives by executing customer calling – more... in a professional and efficient manner (outbound/inbound calls).
• Responsible to maintain a superior, high quality, and courteous service to promote retail products to attract, retain and expand customer relationship.
Capability, identifying and understanding customers' needs and goals in order to resolve issues quickly and effectively – less
Productive and nice place to work
Assistant Manager - IT Quality (Former Employee), HyderabadFebruary 1, 2013
Good company
Helpful and Supportive Managers
Good Pay and Hikes
Change in culture
Premium Banker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
HSBC has gone through a change in culture. They have gone thru a round of layoffs and morale is low. Direction is uncertain. The culture is less on advice, but more on meeting targets.

About HSBC

HSBC Bank Canada, formerly the Hong Kong Bank of Canada, is a bank in Canada that is part of British banking giant HSBC - one – Read more