HSBC

• Salary/Benefits
AAA
Regulatory Reporting Manager (Current Employee), London, UKJuly 18, 2013
AAA.

Working for HSBC is a privelege. I recomend HSBC to anyone who is seeking to develop Career within Banking and Management.
Too bad they closed
Branch Manager (Former Employee), OttawaJuly 17, 2013
Company was a good place too work.
they closed too early

cared about the employees
Excellent Stepping Stone in Overall Career Path
Account Executive & Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Mountain Road, MBJune 26, 2013
Working for HSBC was a challenging and positive experience for me.
Productive and good work atmosphere
BUSINESS BANKING OFFICER (Former Employee), Hamilton, ON and Oakville, ONJune 19, 2013
I learned to manage the day-to-day banking activities for clients with a value of over $7 Million in revenues
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK PLACE, NICE PEOPLE TO WORK WITH
Fraud Detection Specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 19, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: too far from home
Everything about HSBC was great....colleagues, managers...what I liked the most was the fact that everyone was bilingual.....it didn't matter if you spoke English or French, we all understood each other.
Team atmosphere.
Manager, Financial Analysis (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2013
Everyone enjoys going to work, because is a team atmosphere. Work life balance is stressed.
Wonderful company to work for
Sales Assistant/ Sales Representative (Former Employee), brampton, onJune 10, 2013
Great company offering an opportunity to grow and learn new skills. unfortunately no longer in business.
Personal Banker & Relationship Manager
Personal Banker & Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 29, 2013
 Develop insightful corporate finance presentations for senior management, tailored according to audience and event
 Investigate and present recommendations for special projects related to business operations
 Provide analytical support for various departmental financial books
 Develop flexible and accurate financial models and reports
 Manage – more... incoming analytics and reporting requests and engage stakeholders to understand the underlying business problem, base assumptions and desired outcomes.
 Provide efficient customer service while promoting bolstering a positive image of the HSBC
 Proactively promote, sell and deliver a full range of business/personal products and service and screen for appropriate referral or relationship management opportunities (ex: credit management, securities, private banking, trusts, etc.)
 Monitor existing assigned portfolio as per Bank policy. Maintain a call program to service existing clients, identifying customer needs. – less
Good Advance Opportunity
Personal Financial Service Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2013
Pros: advancement, salary, benefits
Cons: work-life balance, targets
Very good promotion opportunity, targets are harsh however, different branches are fighting against each other for the same client in the company
Challenging and stimulating work environment
Senior Commercial Banking Officer (Current Employee), Montreal QuebecMarch 20, 2013
Pros: staff rates
Cons: long hours
HSBC Bank requires that I pay close attention to detail as I must be one hundred percent accurate in all my tasks. On some days I must perform internal audits and am tasked with opening non-standard, irregular commercial accounts which may pose reputational risks to the bank. This is one of the harder tasks of my job.

The most enjoyable part is meeting – more... interesting clients with unique business models. Everyone is different and assessing the needs of each and every commercial client is a challenge. It involves assessing risk, and ensuring that all HSBC policy is met which requires coordination with our legal department as well as ensuring that all OFSI (Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada) requirements are also met. However, getting to know new companies and closing big accounts for the bank is one of the most enjoyable and rewarding aspects of my job.

In my three years at the bank I have had to develop excellent organizational skills and I now have demonstrated proficiency in all core office administration functions, including an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, document preparation, internal/external communications, data and records management, meeting scheduling, and task prioritization. – less
Productive work environment, room for growth in financial industry
Account Executive (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 12, 2013
Pros: bonus structure, large incentives
Cons: lacking on proper management guidelines
My duties at Hsbc Finance included simplifying customers financial situation with company products, ei 2nd mortgage, loans, lines of credits, consolidation.
I've learned to work well and understand a customers perspective at times of need and by assisting them to my best ability by providing them with the best option available that will support their – more... personal financial needs.
Managment was not on its firm side, there could have been a lot more ways to help me excell in my position. Had to self teach myself as well as learn from some unexperienced co-workers to learn in this company.
My co-workers were always there to help with compliance issues and always made sure my work was done properly.
Hardest part of my job was to have every file precise so that it is complient.
Acheiving a customers needs and wants, and seeing my work has really benefitted their situation. – less
I handled my workload efficiently and accurately. - was able to persuade management and client of how much time would be save if the client co-ope
Filing Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2013
Pros: peacefull enviorement
Cons: busy
- I handled my workload efficiently and accurately.
- was able to persuade management and client of how much time would be save if the client co-operate and provided us with accurate and timely information which would result in faster processing.
- An excellent company where growth and challenges are.
- Close working relationship
- Nothing.
- Being – more... constantly busy analyzing and resolving problems both customer and department related. – less
Productive enjoyable fast pace environment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 12, 2013
• Meet or exceed sales goals/targets
• Assist the Branch Sales Manager with auditing, loan documentation, proceeds disbursement and counter-payment processing.
• Perform mortgage closing ( 2nd mortgages ) delinquency follow-up, credit inquiries, and loan approvals.
• Bank promotional programs, and direct marketing initiatives by executing customer calling – more... in a professional and efficient manner (outbound/inbound calls).
• Responsible to maintain a superior, high quality, and courteous service to promote retail products to attract, retain and expand customer relationship.
Capability, identifying and understanding customers' needs and goals in order to resolve issues quickly and effectively – less
Change in culture
Premium Banker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
HSBC has gone through a change in culture. They have gone thru a round of layoffs and morale is low. Direction is uncertain. The culture is less on advice, but more on meeting targets.
Learned well retail skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 1, 2012
I was always the top 3 salesman in the customer service team
I cooperated well with my coworkers
intercultural workplace
ORA Associate (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecNovember 21, 2012
Pros: understanding managers
Cons: poor advancement
HSBC is world renounned. You get to meet people from all around the world as clients and coworkers. One of the more difficult parts about the job is the lack of organization with the administrative staff and cashiers, sometimes being too interconnected isn't something good.
workplace where there is an opportunity for advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), waterloo,ontarioNovember 20, 2012
My typical day at work is to help clients with their financial needs and also help them with their financial decisions.

My co- workers are very friendly and suppotive.

The hardest part of my job is to keep up sometimes with paper works.

The most enjoyable part is the relationship which I maintain with my clients.
Excellent working culture
Business Project Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2012
Great people, great working enviroment and great work structure
Good place to work and be able to help customers reach some of their financial goals.
Account Executive/Mortgage Agent (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 24, 2012
Pros: seeing how happy your customers were when you could help them with their financial needs.
Cons: when you were unable to help out some customers, due to their financial situations.
Helping customers with their financial goals, thru, loans, mortgages and customer service.
HSBC is a good place to work and they care about their employees.
Co-workers were always helpful.
My manager always gave credit when credit was due.
The job could be stressful at times as any other job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing how happy my – more... customer's were when I was able to help them with their need. – less
Very good place to work!
Executive Assistant to SVP (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2012
Pros: mostly pros - great place to work. good systems in place
Proud to be part of an international bank group.
Great work ambiance - learned a lot.

About HSBC

HSBC is a universal bank and is organised within four business groups: Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets (investment – Read more