HSBC Employee Reviews

HSBC experience
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 10, 2015
It was a fun work place where I contributed immensely to the growth of the company. Customer satisfaction was my priority.

I followed company policies and protected company's image and growth.
Pros
Independence within a team
Cons
Work colleagues and management made it enjoyable to be at work.
Risk Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 30, 2014
Flexibility on work hours gave me the ability to balance work/family life very easy, and the technology to work from home occasionally gave even more flexibility.
Producing management reports using Excel/SAS to extract data from the bank database made the day challenging but also exciting.
Management where "hands on" and knew so much that you learned a lot, fast.
Fast paced work environment
Backend Executive (Contractual) (Former Employee) –  New DelhiJuly 4, 2015
It is very fast paced working environment required detail attention, keep you busy and active during shift. I got to learn how to put detail attention in every task.
A really good place to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  BurnabyDecember 7, 2014
A place where people are very friendly and want to teach you what they know in order for you to grow.
The day was never boring as I had to multi task and to assume alot of responsibilites. People are eager to help you and to explain if you dont know something.
The best part of HSBC where I worked was the people I worked with.
Pros
salary, benefits. work/life balance
Cons
leadership is lacking direction at times
It's a fun department to work at
Operation Specialist II/Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 28, 2015
You'd process commercial clients' requests on a daily basis. Most of the managers are open for discussion and are willing to assist on any work-related training material. Co-workers are friendly, fun and easy-going. Generally speaking all teams under the department are enjoyable to work with.
Professional work environment
AML Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 23, 2014
Flexible start/end times with a great team of people. The work itself was autonomous - you could spend an entire day not talking to a single other person. Management seemed really supportive and patient with learning; co-workers maintained professionalism at all times, and rarely talked about personal lives.

There was no "hard" part of the job; the most enjoyable job was that your work could be quantified via metrics. That was rewarding, as you were able to track specifically how you contributed to your team.
Very proactive and customer facing
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 7, 2014
It would be setting up cash till, balancing till, have al stationary in place, al systems up and running. Typical day dealing with customers requests, debiting, cashing, cheques, payments, transfers, exchange currencies, help activation, verifying i.d. and much more.

Hitting targets, encouraging sales, low complaints, following rules and regulations all part of the job,

Can have rude and difficult customers to deal with, enjoying wud be customer satisfaction rates.
Low pay
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 4, 2015
Good work/life balance but pay is low.

Pros:
Good work/life balance
Minor employee perks such as staff rate on exchange rates.
Most service fees waived.

Cons:
Not enough hours at some branches
Some branches schedule you in for 3-4 hours shift.
Pay is low in general, all the way up to branch manager level.
Stands out as a banking institution
Recovery Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  MontrealJune 6, 2015
Good company to work for, creativity will be encouraged. Work life balance is highly supported and appreciated by employees.
Pros
Remote Work
Cons
Approval processes are long
Productive and challenging workplace
Processeur de Paiments (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 8, 2015
I review different types of customer accounts.
Different types problems/situations always arise, and I enjoy solving each and every one of them.
I learned how to use many different types of new software in the workplace.
My self and my co-workers all work together as a team.
Enjoyable work environment
Personal Banker (P/T) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2014
• Delivered exceptional banking services to both personal and commercial customers to ensure satisfaction
• Processed transactions efficiently and proposed solutions in a professional manner to 100+ customers daily
• Proactively recognized opportunities to cross sell other bank products by determining suitable products for customers and encouraging investments
• Enhanced operational efficiencies by identifying and implementing process changes
• Helped increase branch product sales by 50% in first 3 months, surpassing objectives and resulting in top salesperson award every quarter
Productive workplace
Specialist count (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 17, 2013
My typical day at work was: Enter information about the numbers of documents in databases.Photocopy, scan and staple documents for distribution, the mailing and filing.Sort, verify and process application forms and other administrative documents learned how to work with the team and how to improve myself..The management was very supportive.The co-workers was really fun to work with.The hardest part of the job was to create new project.The most enjoyable part of the job was to be a part of the team.
Learning Opportunties ~ Sucess of employees = Success of institution
Premier Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABOctober 15, 2013
Having worked for HSBC for one year and moved up quickly from personal banker to Premier Banking Manager showed the dedication of HSBC to see its employees succeed. Tools required for furthering knowledge provided to employees to succeed.
Great crew of employees, an amazing Manager, Corrine W, whom I had the priviledge of working under. She was very knowledgeable on all things HSBC and always willing to share with her staff.
Pros
hours; involvement
Cons
nothing!
I found it generally a well rounded cohesive place to work
Customer Service Represenative/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 15, 2013
I found it a generally well rounded cohesive place to work. I enjoyed the customer contact and new challenges that came every day. My co workers were agreeable and team players. The management for the most part was well trained and cordial. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with new mandates and courses, but kept you challenged.
Pros
good flexible working hours
Cons
nothing to note
Being able to join a fast paced, business environment
Senior Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 26, 2012
To work with so many people, and learn so much, with the assistance of a fantastic management was incredible.
The co workers were wonderful if they did not work with you directly. The support system staff were lazy, and judgemental. They lied and purposely got rid of whom ever did not fit their click.
Dealing with ignorant co workers, was hard.
Having a management that dealt with bullies immediately was awesome.
Pros
fast paced. and a learning process to die for
Cons
being a target for bullies.
Good place to work and be able to help customers reach some of their financial goals.
Account Executive/Mortgage Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONOctober 24, 2012
Helping customers with their financial goals, thru, loans, mortgages and customer service.
HSBC is a good place to work and they care about their employees.
Co-workers were always helpful.
My manager always gave credit when credit was due.
The job could be stressful at times as any other job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing how happy my customer's were when I was able to help them with their need.
Pros
seeing how happy your customers were when you could help them with their financial needs.
Cons
when you were unable to help out some customers, due to their financial situations.
Productive place to work, excellent bonus program
Assistant Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJune 12, 2012
Typical day started with 1 hour of collections and then on to telemarketing to develop, process and close mortgages and loans. Employees were given a lot of autonomy but management was always available for direction. Work environment was a team atmosphere and everyone participated. Being able to assist customers with their financial needs was rewarding both in the aspect of helping customers and financially through the bonus program.
Pros
excellent bonus program, extra days off for superior results
Cons
employees not able to work early or late on their own
Great team Enviroment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, Nova ScotiaApril 2, 2012
Assigned Branch Ambassador for a new financial product and succeeded our branch target to obtain the number one spot in Canada for the branch, January 2012

In March 2012, I was personally ranked 11th in overall sales out of 428 Account Executives in Canada.

Assisted in training new hires and helped coached other branches in various selling techniques.

Helped branch reach top sales in the district by exceeding my sales targets.

Worked closely with existing customers to resolve delinquent accounts by re writing accounts or making alternate arrangements to remove the account from a delinquent status.
HSBC
Branch Sales Manager, Sarnia (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONApril 9, 2012
I enjoyed working at HSBC Finance very much prior to the closing of Canadian operations. I managed daily operations of the HSBC branch in Sarnia. This included everything from cash transaction, to coaching my sales team to following the compliance policies. The most enjoyable part of my day was working with my team and our clients to fulfill their financial goals in a competitve job.
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
work life balance was not always in balance
An enviroment that offers out brings the best out of you
Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  toronto,onApril 17, 2012
I worked with a great team,and one major thing i liked about my work experience there, is that it gave me exposure even to projects i wasnt directly working on,so i learnt and gained a lot. It is also an organisation that appreciates and recognises extra efforts you commit to put things in place. i worked on the customer relationship management of caputuring and retrieving customers information,wealth management and trades at the front end online.
Pros
free lunch on fridays
Cons
stakeholders with tight schedule