HSBC Employee Reviews

Friendly and Professional environment
Consultant Business System (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2018
HSBC is a great company to work. It provides long and promising career to bright candidates and fairly treats their employees. Also, it provides competitive salary and other benefits.
Due to his large presence globally, it relatively easy to relocate to other country where HSBC has a presence.
Cons
Odd working hours due to development teams located in India and China
fast paced
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  TORONTO, CANADA29 December 2017
The Credit analyst job involved running credit applications through the system and then make a judgement call as to accept or reject an application. This was a routine job with lack of creative challenge.
Pros
Big Brand Name
Cons
Low salary
Bad workplace and people
Account Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2017
Extremely bad management who does even know how to manage. Gossip everywhere and people are the worst to work with. Extremely low pay who expect you to work long hours and on weekend. No work life balance at all!!
Good company with great benefits
Sr. Engineer - Distributed Systems (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 November 2017
I was lucky to always have very good managers and enjoyed all of my time there. Great benefits package and very good work/life balance options for my department.
Pros
Large company with great benefit packages
Cons
Much of the company has been globalized so local advancement was difficult
Hsbc
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  ON21 November 2017
It was a great place to work, Nice team and work environment, Opportunity to work with amazing coworkers who will become like family. Good learning experience.
Great Company to start your career
Business Partner Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2017
Great work benefits and diversity in culture. HSBC cared about your work life balance which allow employee to work from home for flexibility. The management team varies depending on your line manager. Overall, has a great strategy in terms of profit in the market.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
always restructuring
service technician
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Liverpool15 November 2017
One of the best places to work, very organised, very friendly, and family orientated, they always supported me, as a team member the area I worked was very well ventilated allowing free flow of air and dust removed, safety was paramount, signage was visible and we were trained on what to do during an emergencie
Pros
good atmosphere
Great Place to Work and Grow
Senior Manager - FCC - AML Advisory (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2017
A great bank with a large international presence that is continually improving. This provides great opportunities to grow professionally and be challenged with new projects. I have been exposed to many initiatives and new product launches which has allowed me to expand my knowledge of banking and the compliance measures that are applicable. Work-life balance is great and HSBC Bank Canada normally pays one pay grade higher than the Canadian Big 5. For instance, a Senior Manager at HSBC makes are the same as a Director at Scotia Bank.
Na
AIX /Linux System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2017
I have learned several things at HSBC. I was responsible for maintaining their production environment as well as responsible for creating new environments there.
Very Good place to work.
SALES & SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Egypt27 October 2017
Learned a lot of managerial skills at HSBC and other essential work related skills. At HSBC there's a performance recognition environment where top performers are well recongnized and appreciated.
Every position you will learn a lot
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2017
Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Contribute to team-based approach in managing customer needs.
Actively participate and assist with all Bank promotional programs, sales and direct marketing initiatives.
pretty good
Business Analyst (Credit Analyst) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 October 2017
i join them for over 4 months now, so i don't have so much to say. But so far I like this company. Very laid back culture, and treat employee very well.
productive work Environment
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 October 2017
Work culture is very promoting and is a great place for young techies to start their career. Work environment is very very promoting and is a great place to learn.
Good team member and work/life balance
IT Consultant - Business System (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 October 2017
Having great time with HSBC. The working environment is very nice, also I have a very good team and management. I have learned all my AS400 programming skill in HSBC and they gave me a lot of chance to involve in the flagship project. The workplace culture is good, we allowed to working from home and we have flexible working hours. The hardest part of the job is we need to work/communicate with teams/team members in other timezone.
Pros
Good team member and work environment
Cons
Work with teams in other timezone
Fun place to work for, good management, friendly atmosphere
Senior Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 October 2017
My day start with a team meeting reviewing new procedures, prepare daily reports , ready to welcome walking customers, and for any appointment I had scheduled for the day, good team work & management, friendly environment and very positive attitude from the whole team.
Enjoyed helping people to reach their goals.
Enjoyed the administration parts of my works.
Hardest part was to do the cold calls to reach a new prospects and set an appointment with them.

All in all it was such a great company to work for
Pros
Free lunch and coffee, Appreciation gift cards, 4 Weeks holiday
Cons
Door to door advertising the company
Good
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto5 October 2017
HSBC has conducive environment for its employees to work in the best productive manner. Excellent management with strong leadership and a market leader in the industry
Too short
Premium Banker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2017
My experience at HSBC was not very positive. I was only there for a few months and they reshuffled the staff at the bank. It is impossible for me to evaluate effectively.
Good place to work for and lot of things to learn.
SR. Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
Hsbc is a global bank. There is a lot of flexibility to learn new products and relocate in any part of the world. Work culture is good. Lot of diversity programs that one can get in. Hsbc supports lot many charitable organizations and employees are allowed to take initiatives in this programs.
Pros
Diversified
Cons
Growth
good guidelines and good mentor provided
Premier Banker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 September 2017
good guidelines and good mentor and training provided to new employees. Workplace culture is good and fostered through weekly gatherings and activities.
Friendly Work Environment
Premium Banker/Operation Risk/ AML Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 September 2017
Management is really keen on educating you and helping employees advance to better roles. Coworkers are helpful and willing to train new employees to take the team to a better level

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K