HSBC Employee Reviews

Fun and Firm
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2016
I come across many opporutnities and challenges every day I am at work. It's fun to deal with the unexpected daily, it makes the job so interesting and the learnings tremendous as I deal with each unexpecetd event as it unfolds.
I have a team who is passionate and motivated and we face our challenges together.
Leadership is about having fun while firm as well. Its about creating an environment where you walk through the door every morning and your excited for the day to begin and look forward to the highs and lows.
I thourougly enjoy every day with my team and look forward to the learnings each and every day.
Pros
Social times as a team
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
Productive place
Manager, e-Commerce Business Production Support (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 November 2016
- working with teams globally is fun and exciting
- Lots of emails to go through
- supportive management
- learning to do more with less
- flexible time
- able to work from home
Pros
Good salary, vacation and benefits package
Cons
Lots of work per person
Too many levels of management who know nothing
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
Skilled people were not promoted or empowered. Only those who are personal friends of the senior executives were given key roles. Long and wee hours due to regular meetings with global project teams.
Team work a huge asset in HSBC
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Saule Ste Marie24 November 2016
As the Assistant Branch Manager I was in charge of different aspects of HSBC. I did the scheduling for the front line staff, branch control of cash. I did the cash orders and shipments. the montly , quarterly and annual audits of the branch also were my responsibilities. Our Branch Manager left in September and I have been in the acting role now as Branch Manager until the closure of our branch in February 2017. I am organized, respect my co-workers and colleagues and teamwork is a huge part of the day.
Pros
great staff
Cons
being a remote branch we do not have alot of support from higher up
Good place to work overall.
Premier Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC23 November 2016
Good people at branch level, higher than normal sales targets and sales pressure and compliance expectations. Salary and benefits seem to be competitive.
No fun
Financial Crime Compliance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
The atmosphere is not nice. Managers put a lot of pressure on employees and nearly everybody is a contractor. They use a monitoring application to monitor your work and rph.
Not so bad
Senior Collections (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC23 November 2016
Not a top 50 employer. Not a diversified company. Most men help upper management positions. I was laid off when I was 7 months pregnant after working there for a little more than 8 years so my opinion isn't good.
Sub Prime lending Company
Business Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
It was a very unique experience working with this company. Learnt a lot about the sub prime lending and the unique outbound system Davox. Designed a new quality control program for this company
Fun and flexable place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 November 2016
A typical day at work was servicing customers, looking at ways to save them money and making it happen. I totally enjoyed working with my co-workers . The hardest part of the job was not being able to help out my customer.
poor coaching management only care about themselves
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
Not a positive environment to work in a lot of politics internally poor coaching and feedback given to employees a lot of turnover and very stressful to communicate with management
Pros
Brand
Cons
Poor coaching
HSBC is an institution in iteself. Its global network offers unlimited opportunities to travel, learn and grow professionlly
Sr. Business Analyst, Global Transformation (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 November 2016
A typical day as a Business Analyst/Project Manager often brought up unexpected challenges and situations to deal with making the job highly engaging, interesting and satisfying.

With a unique opportunity to travel across 5 continents and work in over 20+ countries has not only helped me grow professionally but also allowed me to experience and appreciate different social and working cultures as well as make many friends on the way.

The hardest part of my job has been to understand different cultures, languages ranging from the Middle East, Europe, Asia to Latin and North America and the most enjoyable part being able to interact with the local population to achieve the end goal.
Pros
Global network provides endless opportunities to learn and grow
Cons
Unsocial working hours to interaact with coworkers in different time zones
Good
Junior Achievement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
Fast paced, they pay for everything. Lots of growth. No problems with any employee challenges. Flexibly hours, and very family oriented. Very good place
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long Hours
Productive place with lots of staff benefits
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Egypt, ON6 November 2016
friendly atmospere, they cared about the staff the most and made lots of benetifs for them, but the quality of work doesn't add any new skills or knowledge
International fun company
Officer banking real estate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 November 2016
Great banking where learning is endless and being able to travel around the world and work for the same employer is great . Great advantage to work your lifestyle trew work and family by flex time .
Pros
Flex time
Cons
You need to be a hard worker
Fun place to work at
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montreal, quebec19 October 2016
Great downtown offices Employers is a very employee-friendly company that provides a great work life balance and flexible work hours. Culture is very conservative and status quo can be strong.
daily operation job
STR Filer (Contract), AML (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 October 2016
Daily operation work but needs attention to details; nice team environment. Good place to start you banking career. most of time no need to work overtime.
Working and progress
Customer Service Al Hajweri Trading (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 October 2016
Bank is good and its environment is also. Only one issue that conditions are more favorable if you are from Hong Kong or China.
Good benefits, very limited progression
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC5 October 2016
HSBC group development is undergoing a transformation and is very much in a sate of transition. Overall a good company to work for but currently in a state of change.
Company with growth potential
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canada8 September 2016
Overall professional setting.
Clean, safe environment.
Diverse culture.
Hoping more branches are created without country.
Extracurricular events always happening.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Communication
Don't work here.
PERSONAL BANKER (PART-TIME) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 September 2016
HSBC is not a good place to work for anyone who wants a good work life balance. There is a LOT of pressure to meet targets, in fact that's your only job. Meet your targets - get your paycheck.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

82%