HSBC Employee Reviews

Global Bank with lots of job opportunities
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 January 2017
I have learned a lot about banking operations in the last 10 years. The people is great and vice to work with. The work can sometimes be quite demanding and requires long working hours.
Pros
Large global bank
Cons
Not easy to balance work & life
Fun to work there and I learned alot.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst IL22 January 2017
Working with HSBC was very good for me, I learned alot and i grow proffesionally with the company. It was a very well balanced with my personal life.
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons
Management not always fair
HSBC Bank Canada
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 January 2017
Lots of lateral opportunity, Little work/life balance, employees not empowered to say no if overloaded. Management very critical of employees.. Very little vertical opportunity. Good benefits package.
Fun work place
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 December 2016
HSBC is a great place to work.
Great work culture and opportunities
Able to hone my communication skills
I can only appreciate the leadership team that is consistently walking the talk, seeking for feedback and doing something with the feedback.
Fun and Firm
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2016
I come across many opporutnities and challenges every day I am at work. It's fun to deal with the unexpected daily, it makes the job so interesting and the learnings tremendous as I deal with each unexpecetd event as it unfolds.
I have a team who is passionate and motivated and we face our challenges together.
Leadership is about having fun while firm as well. Its about creating an environment where you walk through the door every morning and your excited for the day to begin and look forward to the highs and lows.
I thourougly enjoy every day with my team and look forward to the learnings each and every day.
Pros
Social times as a team
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
Productive place
Manager, e-Commerce Business Production Support (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 November 2016
- working with teams globally is fun and exciting
- Lots of emails to go through
- supportive management
- learning to do more with less
- flexible time
- able to work from home
Pros
Good salary, vacation and benefits package
Cons
Lots of work per person
Too many levels of management who know nothing
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
Skilled people were not promoted or empowered. Only those who are personal friends of the senior executives were given key roles. Long and wee hours due to regular meetings with global project teams.
Good place to work overall.
Premier Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC23 November 2016
Good people at branch level, higher than normal sales targets and sales pressure and compliance expectations. Salary and benefits seem to be competitive.
No fun
Financial Crime Compliance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
The atmosphere is not nice. Managers put a lot of pressure on employees and nearly everybody is a contractor. They use a monitoring application to monitor your work and rph.
Not so bad
Senior Collections (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC23 November 2016
Not a top 50 employer. Not a diversified company. Most men help upper management positions. I was laid off when I was 7 months pregnant after working there for a little more than 8 years so my opinion isn't good.
Sub Prime lending Company
Business Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
It was a very unique experience working with this company. Learnt a lot about the sub prime lending and the unique outbound system Davox. Designed a new quality control program for this company
Fun and flexable place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 November 2016
A typical day at work was servicing customers, looking at ways to save them money and making it happen. I totally enjoyed working with my co-workers . The hardest part of the job was not being able to help out my customer.
poor coaching management only care about themselves
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
Not a positive environment to work in a lot of politics internally poor coaching and feedback given to employees a lot of turnover and very stressful to communicate with management
Pros
Brand
Cons
Poor coaching
HSBC is an institution in iteself. Its global network offers unlimited opportunities to travel, learn and grow professionlly
Sr. Business Analyst, Global Transformation (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 November 2016
A typical day as a Business Analyst/Project Manager often brought up unexpected challenges and situations to deal with making the job highly engaging, interesting and satisfying.

With a unique opportunity to travel across 5 continents and work in over 20+ countries has not only helped me grow professionally but also allowed me to experience and appreciate different social and working cultures as well as make many friends on the way.

The hardest part of my job has been to understand different cultures, languages ranging from the Middle East, Europe, Asia to Latin and North America and the most enjoyable part being able to interact with the local population to achieve the end goal.
Pros
Global network provides endless opportunities to learn and grow
Cons
Unsocial working hours to interaact with coworkers in different time zones
Good
Junior Achievement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
Fast paced, they pay for everything. Lots of growth. No problems with any employee challenges. Flexibly hours, and very family oriented. Very good place
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long Hours
International fun company
Officer banking real estate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 November 2016
Great banking where learning is endless and being able to travel around the world and work for the same employer is great . Great advantage to work your lifestyle trew work and family by flex time .
Pros
Flex time
Cons
You need to be a hard worker
Fun place to work at
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montreal, quebec19 October 2016
Great downtown offices Employers is a very employee-friendly company that provides a great work life balance and flexible work hours. Culture is very conservative and status quo can be strong.
Working and progress
Customer Service Al Hajweri Trading (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 October 2016
Bank is good and its environment is also. Only one issue that conditions are more favorable if you are from Hong Kong or China.
Don't work here.
PERSONAL BANKER (PART-TIME) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 September 2016
HSBC is not a good place to work for anyone who wants a good work life balance. There is a LOT of pressure to meet targets, in fact that's your only job. Meet your targets - get your paycheck.
competitive and changing market requirements
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 August 2016
Productive and fun workplace. Very interactive as well. IT team is very supportive in projects, meeting deadlines and setting priorities to attain deliverables.