HSBC

HSBC Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Global Bank
Premier Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 4, 2015
Very busy work environment, I like the hectic space.
Clients of a global bank very diverse ever changing goals and needs.
I am part of the management team, heavy schedules.
Very diverse coworkers.
Work life balance.
Helping Clients.
Productive & fun workplace with opportunity for career advancement
Recovery Collections Manager (Former Employee), Montreal, QCFebruary 3, 2015
Over my 11 years at HSBC Financial I learned numerous aspects of the sub-prime credit market including collections, customer service, fraud and funding. It was a great place to develop and share in the company's success.
Fast paced work environment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Halifax Nova ScotiaFebruary 1, 2015
I was there for only a short period of time before HSBC moved their lines of business to the US which did not allow me to get a good feel for the company
It's a fun department to work at
Operation Specialist II/Client Service Associate (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 28, 2015
You'd process commercial clients' requests on a daily basis. Most of the managers are open for discussion and are willing to assist on any work-related training material. Co-workers are friendly, fun and easy-going. Generally speaking all teams under the department are enjoyable to work with.
Great place for professionals looking for an international careers
Head of Sales - Canada, Global Banking, PCM (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Exciting international career by connecting businesses to opportunities globally.
Work colleagues and management made it enjoyable to be at work.
Risk Management Analyst (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 30, 2014
Flexibility on work hours gave me the ability to balance work/family life very easy, and the technology to work from home occasionally gave even more flexibility.
Producing management reports using Excel/SAS to extract data from the bank database made the day challenging but also exciting.
Management where "hands on" and knew so much that you learned a lot, fast.
A really good place to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), BurnabyDecember 7, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits. work/life balance
Cons: leadership is lacking direction at times
A place where people are very friendly and want to teach you what they know in order for you to grow.
The day was never boring as I had to multi task and to assume alot of responsibilites. People are eager to help you and to explain if you dont know something.
The best part of HSBC where I worked was the people I worked with.
Professional work environment
AML Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 23, 2014
Flexible start/end times with a great team of people. The work itself was autonomous - you could spend an entire day not talking to a single other person. Management seemed really supportive and patient with learning; co-workers maintained professionalism at all times, and rarely talked about personal lives.

There was no "hard" part of the job; the most enjoyable job was that your work could be quantified via metrics. That was rewarding, as you were able to track specifically how you contributed to your team.
Premier Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 25, 2014
International company to work for
Sales targest
Tranings in place
Room to grow
productive team
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), British ColumbiaSeptember 23, 2014
working with my team is always enjoying and we accept new challenges together and finish the task on time..
Productive work place
HSBCnet Support Officer L1/Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 22, 2014
Is a good company to work for.
Flexible hours. Very good training for new hires.
Continuously contact clients for meetings.
Premium Banker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: meeting with clients.
Cons: very little communication with co-workers; very competitive.
- Overcome client objections
- Long hours
- Manage and organize client leads
- Very little communication between co-workers
- Extensive product knowledge
things i learned in hsbc
Collector (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: team outings
Cons: short breaks
I LEARNED A LOT OF THINGS SUCH IS COLLECTING ACCOUNTS ... CUSTOMER SERVICE

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND BUILDING RELATIONSHIP WITH CLIENTS ...

LOVED WORKING WITH MY TEAM
Very proactive and customer facing
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 7, 2014
It would be setting up cash till, balancing till, have al stationary in place, al systems up and running. Typical day dealing with customers requests, debiting, cashing, cheques, payments, transfers, exchange currencies, help activation, verifying i.d. and much more.

Hitting targets, encouraging sales, low complaints, following rules and regulations all part of the job,

Can have rude and difficult customers to deal with, enjoying wud be customer satisfaction rates.
You have to work really hard.
Mutual Fund Advisor/Premium Banker (Former Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCAugust 29, 2014
The target is high and you have to work really hard to archive it.
I enjoy my work and deadline meeting is the target.
Manager Regulatory Reporting (Current Employee), VancouverAugust 23, 2014
I enjoy my work but want to change to get specific experience.
got a lot of experience of AS/400, project management, retail banking & marketing.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), VancouverJuly 24, 2014
Pros: challenging, satisfaction
Cons: very high pressure, long hour working
Most of the time required team work, lots of pressure and tight deadline. Quick decision making is required while production support.
Room for advancement, yet strict work culture
Account Manager, Commercial Real Estate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 16, 2014
HSBC facilitated my foray into the financial industry, having studied business management in school.

Starting as a Customer Service Representative, I worked my way through to an Account Management position with support from superiors all the way through.

Having transitioned from a smaller, local branch, to the main downtown branch, work culture shifted from a more relaxed, open culture, to a very political, closed culture.

This made it difficult to continue in this environment, as superiors were not open to new ideas and led with a tight fist.

Although the company as a whole is a great place to work given the international work opportunities, the right mentorship, leadership and management I feel needs greater improvement to encourage younger employees to thrive.
Execution of Strategic Projects and Process development involved
Projects and Process Development Analyst (Former Employee), El Salvador, Central AmericaJune 14, 2014
Pros: high exposure with directors / grow opportunities
Cons: short time to implement estrategies
Process Analysis and Improvement

Participation on Strategic Projects selected by Directors Board and CEO

Interaction with partners from many countries (Mexico, Central America, India, etc.)
Thoughtful Management
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJune 10, 2014
HSBC Securities is a leader in terms of providing a connected network of products and services to potential clients.

1 2 3 4 5

About HSBC

HSBC Bank Canada is a banking and financial services company. It has three segments: Personal Financial Services, Commercial Banking – Read more