This position required the ability to set up and operate a variety of multi axis CNC and manual machines and preferably as well as the operation of the portable align boring equipment and other shop related equipment unassisted and in a timely fashion, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machineability of materials and layout techniques. It also requires the ability to adapt in learning new processes and techniques.
Must be capable of effectively interpreting blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operation and set up requirements.
Must be capable of effectively calculating and setting controls to regulate machining factors such as speed and feeds, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve input, or edit computerized machine control media.
Trains workers in the operation of equipment and instructs less experienced machinists in safe and effective set up operation techniques.
Work Experience Requirements:
- 5 yrs. extensive experience (in the machine shop trade) of in-company or equivalent program satisfactory to plant expectation and supervisor satisfaction.
- Has worked in an ISO quality environment is recommended.
- Has acquired and surpassed the skills, abilities and qualifications required to perform the duties and responsibilities of our in-company class "B" machinist or equivalent.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- WHIMIS training (current) required
- Qualified machinist or equivalent certificate of qualification preferred
- Demonstrates and apples strong problem solving skills in day to day operations
- Reviews processes for potential problems and opportunities for improvement and collaborates with appropriate personnel to resolve such issues.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and problem solve within a Team Environment.
- Must be capable of working effectively with very little or no supervision.
- Safety oriented, with a strong commitment to the company Safety Program.
Physical Activities and Requirements Of This Position:
- Work involves considerable stooping, bending, lifting, and standing.
- Frequent movements regularly required: wrists, hands, legs, and arms
- Must be capable of performing these and other physical activities.
Please apply directly at https://careers-hrg.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchKeyword=&searchLocation=&searchCategory=&searchPositionType=&searchRadius=5&searchZip=