Our client, a leader in the energy industry is looking for an Accounts Receivable representative to join their team in Calgary. This individual will ensure that all the sales of products and/or services are properly billed, according to the agreed-upon terms and conditions, in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a focus on quality, service excellence and efficiency within areas of responsibility.
- To identify customer needs and ensure that these are met directly or via the appropriate level of management and/or individual in the Finance & Accounting department.
- Provide accurate professional and timely support.
- Generate and distribute or transmit invoices and statements to customers.
- File invoices with supporting documentation.
- Ensure accurate account reconciliation and to ensure invoices are matched correctly to the statements and all necessary back-up is attached to meet customer needs.
- Perform accounts receivable collections and ensure that all accounts are collected and cash applied in a timely manner.
- Receive payments and process deposits: cash, cheques, EFT payment and credit card payments accurately.
- Identify payment discrepancies and initiate dispute resolution.
- Accurate investigation of incorrect billing, old items, or general billing problems.
- To monitor daily deposit slips for accuracy and ensure they are prepared in time for the daily bank deposit.
- Handle accounts receivable telephone inquiries from customers.
- Perform accounts receivable reconciliation monthly.
- Ensure that all billings are done timely and revenue recorded.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a computerized accounting environment
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles would be an asset
- Billing system and proper billing procedures
- Customer services billing requirements
- Understands urgency of actions
- Recognizes priorities and multi-tasks
- Pays attention to relevant details and early warning signs of problems
- Strong personal belief in high standards of customer service
- Shares knowledge and information freely
- High level of integrity; ethical and trustworthy
- Has professional manner
- Works well in a team setting
- Understands that people are critically important assets
- Focuses on results and the processes to achieve them
- Life-long learning with appropriate application
Indeed - 13 months ago