We are an international, dynamic, mid-sized architecture firm that specializes in projects at various scales for mid to high-rise, residential living. We have a reputation for excellent design combined with a high level of technical expertise, as well as a reputation for exemplary customer service.
We are looking for a Toronto office director who is a licensed OAA architect and is experienced, collaborative, personable, flexible and able to work effectively with the sales and architecture team in order to develop professional proposals and presentations. The selected candidate will be motivated and detail-oriented, with sketching/drafting skills to help conceptualize a client’s vision, pen-to-paper. In addition, this role will require connecting with potential clients in the multifamily residence development sector to ensure that our firm is considered for any current and future architectural opportunities. This leader will work directly with the firm partners and/or our marketing team on a day-to-day basis.
- Creates as well as develops overall design concepts, formulates design presentation strategies, and delivers engaging client presentations
- Foster new and existing relationships to generate repeat clients and future business referral opportunities
- Research, network and connect with decision makers to obtain appointments
- Collaborate with Marketing on a weekly basis to identify additional opportunities for new business
- Lead client meetings and presentations in order to help develop and communicate the project vision
- Follow-up on leads in a timely manner
- Bachelors or Master's Degree from accredited university in Architecture or Design
- 10+ years of experience – architecture or design is required
- 2+ years of business development and/or sales experience; in an architecture office is a plus
- Must be a licensed designer/architect in Ontario and/or other Canadian provinces
- Working knowledge of Ontario Building Codes
- Proven track record of multi-family projects, ranging from low to high-rise residential as well as mixed-use
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe, and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and computer software packages.
- Flexibility to work independently as well as within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, participate with a variety of team members in different projects all at varying levels of completion
- A highly organized individual with exceptional communication skills
- Creativity with respect to written and graphic representation of the firm’s capabilities as well as with regard to the strategic development of business development and marketing strategies
- Experience with residential real estate development
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Illustrator and/or Photoshop
- Fluent written and spoken French