The Belleville Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic is looking for a Receptionist to fulfill a short-term contract position.
Located in downtown Belleville, we provide primary family health care to more than 3,200 patients. Staffed by an interdisciplinary team of health-care professionals, the Clinic makes health care available to patients who don’t have a primary care physician. Our services include acute care, physical examinations, diagnostic tests, prescription writing, counselling and education, medical treatments and procedures and referrals to specialists.
Reporting directly to the Administrative Lead, the Receptionist performs traditional administrative functions and acts as the Clinic’s first point of contact with the public.
- Provide reception and/or secretarial support for the Allied Health Professionals and program clinics.
- Obtain, process, store, retrieve, and relay information using the computer system.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, data entry, scanning, and booking patient appointments.
- Ensure a smooth daily routine and flow of patients.
- Maintain paper patient files and electronic medical records.
- Provide preliminary triage of patients who call for appointments by booking with the right provider at the right time for the right care.
The Successful Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced administrative assistant with well-developed people skills, excellent computer skills, and experience with medical software. You enjoy working with people and are comfortable around people from all walks of life. You’re a consummate professional at all times, but you temper it with an understanding of the impact a warm greeting can have.
You have at least 2 years’ experience in a progressively-evolving administrative role. Demonstrated recent experience with medical terminology and software in a medical environment is essential.
Please submit a cover letter and resume clearly indicating how you meet the requirements for this position to the email address indicated.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those with clearly demonstrated recent experience with medical terminology and software will be considered.