Are you a safety expert with a knack for communication? Can you champion safety information to elementary school students and conduct an accident investigation with equal skill and enthusiasm? Tri-Board Student Transportation Services Inc. is looking for a high-energy, people-oriented safety expert to serve as its new safety and contract compliance officer.
Tri-Board Student Transportation Services Inc. provides transportation services to elementary and secondary school students in three Eastern Ontario school boards from our office in Napanee. We serve 36,000 students in 164 schools, and our 645 bus routes cover 97,000 kilometres every day. Our commitment to constant and continuous improvement allows us to consistently fulfill our goal of providing safe, secure, on-time transportation services to the families and schools in our community.
You are effortlessly comfortable working with everyone from students and parents to suppliers and school principals. You combine a natural air of authority with genuine people skills and a customer-service mentality. You favour a relationship-building approach, but you’re not afraid to dole out the discipline when necessary.
You have extensive experience in policing or transportation safety, and expert knowledge of public safety and transportation issues. Ideally you have a background in student transportation. You have a talent for route planning and the ability to evaluate a situation instantly and understand the safety implications.
You’re an excellent public speaker and can design and deliver compelling presentations for a range of audiences.
People would describe you as a team player and a consummate professional with a relentlessly positive attitude. You thrive in a work environment with constantly shifting priorities and you aren’t easily overwhelmed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Coordinating, developing and delivering all safety and accessibility programs, including:
- Proposing, creating and scheduling safety and accessibility education programs
- Promoting school bus safety programs with contracted provider
- Ensuring the delivery of safety and accessibility orientation and training to all staff
- Developing and disseminating safety communications
- Facilitating communications between schools and bus operators
- Performing safety audits of all facilities, routes and vehicles, ensuring compliance with all regulations and contract performance management deadlines
- Investigating school bus-related accidents
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a progressively evolving role
- Knowledge of Highway Traffic Act is required
- First-rate customer-service skills
- Experience in vehicle safety management and fleet maintenance
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to manage competing demands and adjust priorities as needed
- Keen analytical skills
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License, clean driving abstract
- Must have access to own transportation
- Experience with GIS is preferred
PLEASE INCLUDE JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT LINE.
We thank all applicants for their interests, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.