Are you a fully bilingual, service-oriented individual with excellent administrative, organizational and time management skills? Our client, a growing legal firm in downtown Ottawa, is looking for a receptionist with administrative skills who is eager to grow within the position.
You are an enthusiastic team player who understands what first-rate client service means and knows how to deliver it. You are searching for an opportunity to put your education into practice, and you understand the commitment necessary to support a busy law firm. An ambitious, self-motivated individual, you thrive in an environment that fosters relationship building and career growth.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, provide information, take messages, and schedule appointments
- Greet clients and visitors
- Prepare standard legal documents (factums, motion records, affidavits of documents etc.)
- Draft, with the lawyer’s assistance, correspondence
- Provide exceptional service to the firm’s clients, and potential clients
- General administrative duties including: photocopying, filing, mail, etc.
- Read, write and speak French
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in a relevant discipline
- Previous experience in a legal environment a plus
- Proficiency with digital dictation essential
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Superior interpersonal and client service skills
- Professional and positive demeanour
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and set priorities are a must
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic