As an integral part of this small, dedicated team you take pride in offering and have proven ability in prioritizing work while adhering to fixed deadlines. We can offer a professional, friendly environment working with a dedicated team committed to excellence and quality service. Variable schedule – 20 to 40 hours per week.
The Accounting Technician/Bookkeeper will be responsible for recording and monitoring all financial transactions for clients. This will include, budget reports, processing month-end through trial balance, performing payroll and managing accounts payable and receivable. The incumbent must maintain a high level of ethical conduct, accuracy and professionalism in all interactions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keep financial records for client companies, and establish, maintain and balance accounts using manual and computerized accounting systems.
- Post journal entries and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, and bank statements, preparing trial balances of books, maintaining general ledgers and preparing financial statements.
- Prepare monthly accounts receivable statements and assist with collection of accounts receivable as required.
- Prepare regular external filings such as HST, ROE and T4’s
- Calculate and prepare payment for client payrolls; maintain staff time sheets and compensated absence records; maintain sales and/or other tracking records.
- Prepare regular statistical, financial accounting as required.
- Coordinate yearly financial information and tax preparation, and compile information for auditors as needed.
- Complete working paper files for the compilation and review engagements including all required forms, draft financial statements, corporate and personal tax returns.
- Liaise with accounting software companies for any upgrades and software system needs.
- Perform administrative tasks, as assigned.
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant experience working in a confidential client service atmosphere and extensive experience working with QuickBooks and/or Simply Accounting
- Sound Knowledge of MS Office , with emphasis on Excel
- Must be able to furnish employment references
- Preference will be given to candidates with a professional designation pursuing a CGA
Indeed - 30+ days ago