You will be responsible for delivering highly relevant search results for our customer's on-site searches. Success will be measured by search bounce rates, search conversion rates, search hit and miss rates. You will monitor on-site search activity and research and develop solutions that make search results more relevant across an extremely large ecommerce product catalog.
You are an individual who can learn fast, has 3-5 years experience in the R&D teams of enterprise-class software companies, ecommerce platforms/sites, leading online marketing solutions or digital agencies and has patience for the details. You show initiative and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, challenge the development and operations teams to reach higher standards of performance and availability and be 100% focused on getting the job done. You want to be part of a hyper-growth startup and join a culture of do-what-it takes to win!
- Develop web analytic and KPIs that measure on-site search success and work daily to improve results
- Perform analysis of web site performance and visitor behavior to provide business insights and recommendations that support an improved user experience on navigation and search for both mobile and desktop environments
- Regularly perform deep dives by leveraging site analytics tools, running segmentation analyses, click path analyses and customer analyses. Escalate new customer trends to business partners; provide hypotheses/facts around what is causing them and recommendations on how to strategically use these new insights.
- Report Search and Navigation KPIs daily to leadership team
- Develop action plans resulting from analysis for merchandising with regards to site content and category hierarchy optimization. Work with the operations teams to implement changes for optimization and measure improvements.
- Generate ongoing reporting and analysis about the onsite search program.
- Manage the onsite search tool through rule sets to improve search results based on input from the merchants as well as insights from the search analysis.
- Understanding and testing of the search algorithm to continuously improve quality of results
- Develop search algorithm refinements to optimize our Solr search relevancy
- Create search facets, boosts, blocks, redirects, synonyms, spell correction, etc to give our customers world-class search results
- Bachelor's Degree in Software or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science.
- 3-5 years direct experience with ecommerce search applications (Endeca, Fast, SLI Systems, Solr)
- 3-5 years direct experience with Apache Solr and hands on knowledge tuning search relevancy
- 3-5 years experience with core natural language search concepts – stemming, lemmatization, facets, binning, sorting, relevance score, similar search, spell correction, auto-suggest,
- 3-5 years Java programming experience
- 3-5 years JSP, HTML, CSS, JS web development experience
- Experience with IBM Websphere Commerce Server a definite asset
- You have hands on experience with Git, Jira and Eclipse software development tools
- Development and scripting background a strong asset.
- Knowledge in software testing methodology.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Detail oriented and highly analytical.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.