SCOPE OF POSITION
The Business Analyst’s role within the Investment Operations & Applications Branch is split into 2 key areas. To ensure all applications and tools have the complete information required for business users on a daily basis. The daily cycle of all investment applications are monitored to ensure data integrity and availability within the Investment applications. Additionally, the role provides end user support by testing and adding new business functionality within applications and in creating various reporting for the business. The position requires strong analytical skills coupled with investment operations knowledge and systems implementation and maintenance experience.
This role supports investment trading, portfolio management and accounting systems.
- Ensure the timeliness and completeness of daily data feeds from several internal/external sources;
- Validate the quality of the data fed into the various investment applications including all public markets portfolio management systems;
- Create data integrity reporting to assess potential data issues resident in the various Investment applications;
- Develop naming conventions and definitional standards for data and reports and monitor adherence to the standards;
- Perform business & data analysis in order to resolve data issues with vendors and Investment business areas;
- Review various system error logging in order to assess the corrections required;
- Provide end-user support for the Investment applications including the development of new reports and system interfaces, training, general problem solving and process improvements;
- Participate in the various phases of systems development projects including: establishing requirements, analysis/design, data conversion, testing and implementation;
- Assist in developing new workflows for front and back office and training the respective users;
- Share joint responsibility for enabling the project team to effectively plan and organize work activities in order to achieve project goals and objectives;
- Develop a strong proficiency with the computer applications being utilized for the Investment business (Portia, PAM, CheckFree Recon, Bloomberg, Charles River, etc.);
- Develop and maintain an understanding of investment products and customer needs in order to respond quickly and accurately to questions and problems that arise;
- Develop effective working relationships with investment management and operations, custodians, auditors, system vendors and others in the industry.
- Knowledge of investment management principles and practices with exposure to marketable securities, derivatives, private placements and real estate.
- Highly analytical with strong problem solving ability.
- Competence with database report writers and strong MS Office skills (e.g., Excel, Access).
- Proactive and results oriented with good time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure and focus on multiple tasks concurrently.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum education: Post secondary training in finance, computer science or equivalent experience. Enrolment in CGA, CMA or CFA preferred. Completion of Canadian Securities Course an asset.
- Minimum experience: 5 years in investment and financial systems administration, implementation and reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills are essential to deal with all levels of staff and outside contacts.
Indeed - 10 months ago