As one of Calgary’s elite EPCM companies, HQ SPEC Engineering Inc is offering a wide array of opportunities in an exploding industry. We are an integrated company with a balanced portfolio of clients spanning the upstream Oil and Gas sector of the industry. We believe that superior business results are achieved through creating a work environment that values diversity and encourages people to contribute their personal best.
The Senior Buyer must have a complete understanding of project execution in an Engineering Procurement Construction environment. This would include small projects as well as projects exceeding $250MM Total Installed Cost. The current role would be to assist the procurement group in varying capacities on existing small projects with the understanding the candidate would have the opportunity to advance to a procurement lead as HQ Spec Engineering Inc. expands.
- Communicate with the Client and Project Manager
- To train and mentor junior procurement personnel.
- Work with the Procurement Manager to create project procurement plans.
- Work with the Procurement Manager and Project Controls Group to create a Level 3 Project Schedule, a Level 3 Capital Cost Estimate, and Procurement estimate.
- Work with the Procurement Manager to monitor and report procurement progress against budget & schedule.
- Knowledge of project management, project engineering, engineering, document control, project controls and field material management would be an asset.
- Negotiate Terms and Conditions.
- Process Material Requisitions through to creating Purchase orders following the Procurement Plan.
- Work with the Procurement Manager to prepare weekly and monthly project Reports.
- Assist the Procurement Manager in the project initiation activities & preparation/implementation of Project Execution Plan.
- Follow HQ SPEC project procedures fully.
- Keep all project communication, be it internal or external well documented and distributed to all team members.
- Supports and maintains a HSE Focus within the project team to ensure both the client and HQ-SPEC HSE requirements are included in the design, procurement and project culture.
- Maintain any/all confidentiality requirements on the project.
- Maintain client focus while achieving project and corporate objectives.
- Minimum 15+ years’ experience
- Business degree or diploma with specific education in the areas of Supply Chain, Commerce, Business/Contract law, Business Planning and Operations, Construction Administration certificate or a combination of experience and education
- Experience in Oil & Gas facility projects including some of the following areas; heavy oil facilities, well tie-ins, pipelines, compressor stations, and field gas processing facilities.
- Working knowledge of several procurement disciplines (purchasing, expediting, traffic and logistics, materials management, contracts, supplier quality surveillance, coordination and project accounting).
- Understanding of mechanical equipment, electrical equipment, instrumentation, module/building/skid/pipe fabrication, structural steel, pipe/fittings/flanges, supplier of choice agreements and mater services agreements.
- EPCM Oil and Gas Experience required.
- SAGD experience preferred
- Must utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills to ensure: the project builds and retains an culture of open sharing of both positive and negative information
- Ability to work in teams consisting of many disciplines and personalities.
- Strong Interpersonal, Time Management and Organizational Skills are mandatory with demonstrated focus on Quality, Accuracy & Thoroughness.
- Ability to visualize the whole project, but work in detail on various components.
- Willing to work flexible hours to meet and complete deadlines.
- Professional awareness and acumen: knowledge of project costs, time and personnel availability.
We thank all candidates who apply; only those selected will be contacted.
Indeed - 19 months ago