HP Employee Reviews

Fast moviing company with many staff turnover.
Compaq Consumer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa ON11 March 2015
I was supporting the commercial desktop and PDA's for the American market and mainly took calls from Texas and California.

The job consisted of making computers work properly. Identify if it was a hardware problem or a software problem.

Hardware was under warranty for 2 to 4 years while software was under warrantee for 90 days. There was a charge of 39.95 US for help with software.

Co-workers help each other and there was job satisfaction in resolving problems where several technicians had not resolved the problem.

We helped the American military and police departments. Some companies had a 4 hour response time.

The hardest part was where a company might have 20 computers to fix which required opening 20 cases and trouble shooting each one. That could take 3 to 4 hours to complete.
Pros
Satisfaction in resolving problems.
Cons
Working through an operator for someone that was deaf.
one of the best company i worked with
Global Service Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  mississuga5 March 2015
HP is very well organized in their process and give less stress to their employees very much concerned in each and every aspect of the employee and you feel secure
Excellent place to work and have a work-life balance!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  WW Regions26 February 2015
Simply put - still the best place to work! Excellent Management with the "Open-Door" Policy still intact.Management and Staff are highly ethical in their dealings. The Standards of Business Conduct at HP are really up-held and mean a lot to every employee. HP Way still lives on - but with mergers and acquisitions - the company is now a mix of new, talented and committed employees. By far - the best place to work!
Flexible Work Conditions
Partner Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2015
Open door policy
Flexible work hours
Leadership encourages Career Development
Free coffee, free wi-fi, a lot fun and hard work.
A lot of opportunities to win hp products for personal use.
Great place to work and great people to work with.
Service Delivery Rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga18 February 2015
Great place to work especially for people with children working shifts, you are off shift as much as you are on which makes planning family activities easy. The people know what they are doing and management only gets involved when it is needed.
Pros
not a stressful workplace, people are great to work with
Cons
advancement is difficult because the teams are global eg lvl 1 in North America and lvl 2 in Asia
A great place to be
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 February 2015
Working with HP has been memorable and interesting. The company culture is great and provides employee's the flexibility. I would recommend this company to anyone who want to pursue a career in IT.
Not a bad place to work
Technology Consultant I (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2015
Work environment is OK. lot of layoffs due to outsourcing..... not a healthy place to work for long term. Co-workers are friendly.
benifits aren't that great.
Pros
oppertunity to learn
Cons
benifits
Acvheiving results over targets, Always having Mgmt support,customers commendations.
Capacity Customer support Specialist (Former Employee) –  MISSISSAUGA ONT4 February 2015
I have always worked with Great employers, Bell & HP, Loved the work & team players, Most enjoyable part of my Job was to be able t reach out to my Customers, providing exceptional service beyond their expectations with human touch/
Pros
excellent Team/ Mgmt
Cons
Sudden office closure
experienced good team member
software engineer (Current Employee) –  toronto, on3 February 2015
About my recent work, most of the days , my work begin with reading letters of cooperating customers with problem resolving. I need to find out what makes it happen with software product preformance log, and with more instructions and steps with the customers , determind whether it's from software product side or from the customer project side. If I find out that the issue is from our software product side , but it's small and only need to adapt to the certain customer, I will modify the codes and rebuild a new version for the custom , at the same time add a project branch for the certain customer. While it's neccessary for our software product to upgrade to handle this kind of situation, I will report to software developer with my suggestions, and work on the codes with them, and finish the following tests with them.
I learnd software developing thinking and skills from this job, and I benefit most from working on the problems with both the developing team and the technical customers, coordinating with both sides and make a project successfully accomplished. So for what I learned most, is to never give up to any problems, and believe it will and can be solved if you put more efforts into it .
I've led a team of 6 for a risk control related project for China Post.
The hardest part of the jobs is the pressure when the problem arises. When I worked in the China Post project and deployed the whole solution in the customer's data center, the database collapsed after hours of running. I worked the whole night with my colleagues to find out the problem. We have tested and altered
  more... on the machine and went through the same kind of the posts online to get inspirations. When I in HP, sometimes it's hard to comvince the customer that the problem comes from their part of the codes. I need to add more alert and change the simulator to test as their requirement , at the same time coordinate and give them instructions to the codes that can help with the project. I am always the last one to give up.
To make a project successfully accomplished , to receive their thanks , to report a new bug and suggestion.
OK place to work. Team worker were a good bunch and looked for each others.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa2 February 2015
Met lots of genuine people and worked in several positions within the company until I started to work from home. Most of the IT jobs have moved overseas.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Long hours, This is a public high tech company driven by shareholder. So employees are expendable.
Job was great and filled with lots to learn each passing day never a dull moment
Asset disposal SME - Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2015
for me a typical day at work i would show up at 7 and work until 5 most days lucky if i took my lunch not because i wasn't allowed but because i would be working so much i sort of forgot to take it.

In my time there i would have to say that i have learned more than i ever could of imagined and was very upset to not be able to stay due to over staffing

Management was amazing. some of the best i've ever had my whole time that i've been working. Very understanding and supportive of the things i wanted to try and learn. encouraging me to take on new projects and how to time manage.

My co-workers made the days go by fast. always having a good time and filled with laughter. couldn't of asked for better.

hardest part of my job was growing and learning all the new things that would change at any given time. but it allowed the days to go by fast and learn lots while doing so.

well i would have to say the whole time that i was there. as being there i enjoyed every day. Some days where harder than others but it still never changed my opinion on it. I would go into work an hour early every day and start working just because i wanted to. my job gave me the excitement that i was always looking for and i wouldn't of changed it for the world.
Good Not Great
Helpdesk Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2015
It has been many years since I worked here but it was not the greatest place to work but could have been much worse
Built great skills with a world-wide organization
Category Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga22 January 2015
Great company to with over the 14 years, learned a lot from different managers, great facilities, enjoyed working with US counterpart.
Pros
Solid Product lines, nice campus.
Cons
Lack of focus
Fun place to work at.
INSIDE SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2015
HP is a company that cares about their employees well- being. They have good compensation and benefit plans and Job culture is great.
Pros
Open-door policy
Vos collaborateurs
REPRÉSENTANT TECHNIQUE SENIOR (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2015
Chez Hp, il y a une culture importante et une motivation entre employées extraordinaires
Customer Service in an organization that provides challenges and rewards achievement.
CSR & Insurance Processing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 December 2014
I am a highly organized individual with the ability to prioritize to effectively meet all deadlines. My attention to detail and mathematical abilities ensure accurate documentation and record keeping. I am proficient in a wide range of computer programs in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Wed Expressions. I can easily learn new Database programs, and the general procedures of new office environments.
Excellent place to work
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 November 2014
Interacting with client and resolving hardware related problems, everyday is a learning day, workflow is interesting and team members are excellent.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Good co-workers, a lot of down time.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 November 2014
You get in, sign in to your computer and all your programs and sit and wait for a call. The CSR's who only speak English get a higher volume of calls than the bilingual employees, but they get a higher wage. The calls themselves don't vary greatly, mostly redemption calls (people taking money out of their accounts), address changes, and sometimes odd things like the passing of a bond owner or transferal of money from one account to another. The calls are short, they are only inbound and you are not pressed to reach any certain number, which is good. There is a lot of time for reading or talking with co-workers between calls. The co-workers are all nice and easy to get along with and the management is the same. The hardest part of the job would be the days when you don't get a respite from all the calls but they are few and far between and not all that bad anyway. The most enjoyable part would be the downtime between calls.
Pros
Lots of potlucks and social activities, lots of downtime
Cons
Repetative work
Productive and fun place to work at
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 November 2014
Working as a Contractor. Joined HP a year ago as a contractor to work for a client. There is always something new to learn and a very friendly environment. Company has an open door policy where you can easily talk to the management
Under restructuring stress
PMO Lead, HP Enterprise Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Canada23 November 2014
The company recently split and is undergoing internal restructuring.
Pros
Telecommute
Cons
Salaries, lack of job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval