HP
3,269 reviews

HP Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Seem to be in the middle of downsizing.
Engineering Coordinator IV EMC Services (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: varied job activities.
Cons: job security.
The job was extremely varied with a mixture of Engineering, Sustaining and Maintenance activities.
Great Company
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 21, 2015
Great company to work for. They treat there employees like family.
A fun place of work
Fraud Clerk (Current Employee), Shepshed, ENGJanuary 21, 2015
I have learned may new skills working at HP the most enjoyable part of the job is finding a fraudulent cheque and stop it being paid out
Job Role
First line IT Support & Incident Management (Current Employee), Peterlee, ENGJanuary 21, 2015
Cons: 8 different shift patterns + weekend working, distance to travel.
My current job role specializes in First Level IT support. I have been in my current job role 4 years and believe I have achieved many goals since working with HP. I deal with customers on a daily basis averaging 40 calls per day. When logging calls it is my duty to assigned SLA agreements depending on severity of incident and manage the incident until completion. Any incidents not being dealt with in a timely manner within agreed SLA’s I would escalate to my manager to follow up further. I also check other queues in addition to my own in case agents are absent and manage their incidents on their behalf. As our client was DWP and we manage over 140,000 staff members we are constantly busy and every day is a new challenge. I have had to learn to adapt to various different communication techniques for users who aren't technically minded and advise them just from verbal communication how to resolve their fault. I receive excellent quality, technical and soft skills feedback from all incidents logged by scoring above 96%. I am more than willing to provide assistance to colleagues should they require it with any technical queries they are unsure of. I am highly driven within the technical aspects of my current position, and I deem myself to hold a high level of technical knowledge. I am always keen to learn new technologies.

Within HP we are striving to promote cloud computing and I have just gone through internal training to understand and be able to support the future of IT.

Recently a colleague was off long term sick and had a deputy Team Leader role. I requested to work alongside the Team Leader to gain leadership knowledge in a Service Desk environment. It was duty to manage a team of 15 agents alongside the Team Leader. I had to delegate shift tasks taking into account the capabilities of the team.
The people i work with are brilliant and make it worth coming into work everyday, after recent changes the job itself isnt as enjoyable.
CUSTOMER SERIVCE ADVISOR / TEAM LEADER - MANAGER (Current Employee), PrestonJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: located in town center so easy to get to.
Cons: not much recognition when you do a good job or go above and beyond.
There isn't so much a typical day at work as everyday is different, it just depends on busy we are on the day as to how much you have to deal with.

My co-workers make the job worth while. The team I run consists of hard working people so they make it a pleasure to work with and on a more personal level they are really easy to get on with as well which makes the whole work day better.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping out customers and being told by them or their family members how helpful I have been and what I have done has made them feel at ease or made them feel better now a particular issue has been resolved.
Maintenance Technician, A typical Day in HP.
Maintenance and Process Technician (Former Employee), Leixlip, KEJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good communication system in place from shift to shift, always are energised to try resolve issues with tools down.
Cons: can louse track of time, need to stick to the recommended breaks, fresh eyes having walk away from a problem can be the solution, go over problem in your head during break and sometimes you can come up with the answer.
A typical day in work would be arrive in 15 mins early to receive a verbal pass down from the previous shift, discuss any on going Yield and tool down time issues, if there was a production tool down this would be the priority to get this back up running in a safe and timely manner, discuss the path forward at the morning meeting with relation to any tool down issues and also have a plan in place to investigate the low Yield issues, Usually by mid day the tools would be back running having passed all the CPS checks and audit of samples and passed back over to production, inform the operator and explain in clear terms what the issues were, explain to the coordinator that if there could be extra sample audit checks in place for the remainder of the shift to ensure tool is performing as intended, Inform production supervisor and Maintenance supervisor, type up a report of the problem and the fix, log details on the system for further reference if problem should occur on another machine,
continue to work on any yield issue, find root cause, examine tool and eliminate tool section by section, if nothing found, trace back up stream, ensure that the problem is not tool related, inform process tech, run a different batch of material, eliminate all possible causes material etc until you find the source, finally completed pass down and hand over to the incoming shift detailing all you have found and where you are at the moment.
Excellent benefits. I could go to school for master's program for them only.
Programmer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 20, 2015
I have enjoyed working with SCS. Learned a lot. I could go to school for master's program for them only and received my degree.
A great place to work
TEAM LEAD - DESKTOP SUPPORT (Current Employee), NEW YORK, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Working at Hewlett packard is a great place to work. I have obtained tons of knowledge and experience during the 4 years I have been employed.
Ability to work in diverse environments with full efficiency and fun.
Systems/Software Engineer (Former Employee), ColoradoJanuary 20, 2015
A good engineer would be efficient,productive to company, which would help him to build his career. A fun way of learning and passing skills to colleagues would certainly help to refresh the skill set and satisfy customer needs and meet the goals.
Fun fast paced and relaxed environment
LINUX TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), Houston TxJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: pleasant work environment
Cons: no career advancement for contingent contractors
Really enjoyed working here for several years. Relaxed work environment, fun, deadline driven, and team oriented.
Senior IT Developer/ Engineer (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great place to work and nurture your career.
Cons: limited remote roles
Great place to work. Fast paced and challenging.
Continued education is a way of life.
Hewlett Packard set the standards for work/life balance, great company!
Training/ISO Documentation Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits, excellent employees support, excellent environment
Cons: the company sent all production to malaysia which caused thousands to be laid off
I loved the years I worked at Hewlett Packard Co / Agilent Technologies!
Great management, Always something new to learn
Customer Engineer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 20, 2015
• Monitors IT ticket queue and resolves tickets in a timely manner.
• Research, diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues in accordance with established service level agreements.
• Troubleshoots malfunctioning units using efficient problem solving techniques and departmental procedures.
• Coordinated complex projects for the removal and update of end user devices.
• Provide computer & network support for various clients via onsite visits, telephone support and remote desktop assistance, while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hour
Very good environment to work in. Lot of opportunity for internal movement.
A fun Place to Work
System Engineer (Former Employee), BangaloreJanuary 19, 2015
A fantastic and fun filled place to work. I enjoyed working and learning at HP, as every day was a new day filled with challenges, fun and excitement.
Environment
Software packaging and Distribution Specialist (Former Employee), Taguig, PhilippinesJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: standard benifits
Cons: business hours from 8 am to 5 pm
Environment in HP was great, the company deal with many works to do many things. i would miss the company much but the salary wasn't good enough. so i've decided to resign and get the higher opportunity here in Dubai.
Prodction Lead, Hewllwt Packard– 2015
PRODUCTION LEAD (Current Employee), BangaloreJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: very knowledgeable
Cons: a convention
A typical work day is 15 days, when we started New Transition (New Business for HP Servers from US ). Days consist of meeting, calls, training, Presentation, project review and office activities.

Learned how to present projects with clients, and preparing SOP, Presentation , communicate sales Opps.

Hardest part of job is resisting the free food. Most enjoyable is being on the phones and talking to different people.

Management: A+
Co-Workers: A++
First step to get into a large IT environment
Level 3 Senior Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2015
I had a part time position in the DePaul University. It is first step to see how a large IT department work.
Local team was very good but corporate decisions impact morale
A senior manager (Former Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJJanuary 19, 2015
The local HP employees based out of NJ are very good.
Unfortunately a few years ago HP made a corporate decision to consolidate all of IT to a couple of US locations and overseas.
Thus limiting our ability to advance and impacted overall team morale. The decision was communicated and we knew the time was coming when no longer would our jobs be available in the northeast.
Fun workplace
Data control clerk (Former Employee), Shepshed, ENGJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: variety in the jobs
Cons: working hours were different every day
I worked for Hewlett Packard clearing cheques initially starting in out clearing working in the central unpaids department then moving onto working in sending out cheques and bank statemenmts to the high value accounts customers. Every day was a new day and no two days were the same.

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more