HP Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun work place
Operational Process Management (Current Employee) –  mississauga, onAugust 19, 2014
A positive individual with the ability to multi-task, easily adapts to changes in the workplace, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. My objective is to make a meaningful contribution towards the success of the organization.
Excellent company with a solid foundation
Server Marketing Campaign Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 18, 2014
Great culture and awesome people that inspires you everyday.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2014
working with very nice people was one of the advantage of working for HP
A perfect place to work
Sales Support Management Coordinator II (ESSN) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 24, 2014
Working with HP is a wonderful experience. Day to day encounter with clients, dealers, external and internal stakeholders makes an employee's day exciting. Excellent customer service, time management and team work are the best things I have learned during my stay with HP. Although meeting deadlines are the hardest part of the job, I enjoyed beating due dates by applying the theory of prioritization.
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecJuly 22, 2014
I gained a lot of experiences in this role and field. I met wonderful people who I had the benefit of working with.
Pros
continuous environment
Cons
disorganized
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCJuly 14, 2014
HP Advanced Solutions is likely the best and largest IT employer on Vancouver Island.
Pros
pension
Cons
little room for advancement
Data Centre duties
Operations Management (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 14, 2014
Dealing with e-mails, conference calls, meetings, client assignments
Learnt many IT related tasks, Hard-drive disposal, IT audits, model consolidation, Client billing.
Very laid-back work environment
Flexible hours/ option to work from home
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no opportunity to grow
fun work environment
IT Ops Support Analyst I (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 5, 2014
I have learned a lot in here
my career growth started here
most enjoyable part of job is my team and management
Pros
fun events
Cons
less pay
Would recommend to anyone
IPG Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conway, PEMay 29, 2014
HP is a fantastic place to work. With a great benefit package and fantastic management team. The are dedicated to the growth of their employees and word go above and beyond to ensure their success.
Pros
everythin they do is great
Cons
no cons
Exciting Place To Work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 27, 2014
Provide support to Senior leadership daily activities
Process changes, new software
TLC support
Share knowledge and support
Always be on top
People care activities and support
Pros
learning new things
Cons
working hours
This company doesn't pay enough for the work we do.
Specialized Support Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2014
After 15 years of working, I got laid off. I was one of the workers with the most knowledge and experience working with Canada Savings Bonds. My typical day consisted of answering client letters, calls and e-mails, updating client info, redeeming funds, creating new client plans, updating training manuals, requesting duplicate T5 slips, redeeming RSP funds, assisting the Call Centre, training new employees and refreshing my existing co-workers on case work as required and attending meetings when required. I was also the Direct Deposit Expert and Subject Matter Expert for various case types. I miss the work and my fellow co-workers; they were a fun great bunch! The hardest part of the job was dealing with the most recent Supervisor and Manager because they put people where they want them to be...using favouritism. The company as a whole doesn't know anything about our services and seems to think that in order to save money, they must get rid of their workers, but this will soon get them in trouble because the experienced ones are all retiring or being laid off and the new workers don't have the same knowledge that took years to learn; therefore, customer service will not exist and all the clients will suffer. I've worked in small and big companies and I've learned that the bigger the company, the less they care about their employees...which is too bad because without good employees, you have no company.
Pros
overtime
Cons
favouritism
Productive, Learned new technologies
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 10, 2014
Good, Health, Productive Environment
Exposer to the New Technologies
Good place to work but could be much better.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 6, 2014
Good working conditions, good pay and benefits. Constantly surveying employees to hear their complaints. Same as most very large companies. Management is very reactive but not many will make decisions. Should have sold off the hardware divisions long ago (like Lenovo) and focus on professional services. Not many happy employees but they are afraid to speak up. High turnover of skilled people. Shifting as much work as possible offshore to reduce costs. HR is almost invisible.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
not very stable in the industry.
Productive and Fun workplace with Multicultural environment
Ops Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 3, 2014
HP work with Government of Alberta
Provide resolution government employee for their routine work with Software, Hardware, account, Profile and many more
Learned to understand the client's request and issue first and provide the resolution
Work under pressure, management help to understand the policy and procedure
Some times it very hard to teach the government employee, especially when client is having less understanding with computer and system
Having fun with communicating different people in Canada
Pros
every week fun friday - arranged by fun friday committee - i am a part of the committee
Cons
eager to spend more time with hp and emplyee
either VERY busy, or VERY dull.
Senior SAP Software Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 21, 2014
A typical day can consist of being very busy or very dull depending upon the day of the month or how active the sales rep may be.
There are continuous changes and learning curves, which encourages you to think outside the box to meet challenges on a daily basis. My co-workers are fabulous and sometimes have out of office events for team building exercises. However the company only treats employees as a number without regard. The hardest part of the job may be the constant changes, so if you are not flexible with improvements, new policies and procedures, ensuring total customer satisfaction is a priority and being able to always keep time management on the top of your list, than this company may not be for you.
Pros
there is a coffee room (with free coffee or tea)
Cons
extended non-paid hours are expected from everyone
long hours and worth every minute
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 31, 2014
was able to provide payroll and HR needs along with Health and Safety requirements and watch the growth within the company
universal corporate
DBA (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMarch 23, 2014
support mass business projects and companies around the world
has its own products and standard around the world.
nothing
ITO Service Delivery Consultant - Oil and Energy (Current Employee) –  fort saskFebruary 25, 2014
Nothing to add

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Customer care and training
Customer Service Agent- Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Budapest, PEJanuary 31, 2014
Basically we had to advise the customer how to use the system and what kind of request type they need to use in order to make sure their request will be completed.
Any issue with the request, or it has been completed incorrectily came back to us, so we had to see with the specialist to change the settings or set ups, installations within the system. Sometimes changes requested, had to be redone with a new request.
For me the additional task was to find time to train the newhires. To provide them all the basic knowledge they need within practice also to help them if still some questions were left. This was kind of a mentoring.
Pros
exact working hours
Cons
stressfull users
I learn many things in this company as fresher
Senior Technical Support Officer (Former Employee) –  MphasisDecember 24, 2013
It was my first day as fresher in Mphasis. I was in casual dress and all other guys ( my colleague) were in formal dress. They were looking at me like I dont belong to that company. Then My manager came to me and he told me that it is your dress that made them strange. I learned from that day, " be simple when you start your day and show you skill when you start working".