HP Employee Reviews in Canada

fun work environment
IT Ops Support Analyst I (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 5, 2014
I have learned a lot in here
my career growth started here
most enjoyable part of job is my team and management
Pros
fun events
Cons
less pay
Flexible Work Conditions
Partner Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Open door policy
Flexible work hours
Leadership encourages Career Development
Free coffee, free wi-fi, a lot fun and hard work.
A lot of opportunities to win hp products for personal use.
Work from home
Network Engineer - Data Center (Contract) (Current Employee) –  TorontoJune 19, 2015
Very good experience working with HP. My contract expired but if I get an opportunity in future, I will definitely go for it.
Very poor management
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaJune 13, 2013
Micromanaged. No opportunities for advancement and/or learn. Very bad practices like blackmailing the employees in order to make them work more.
Pros
no one
Cons
micromanagement
Interesting place to work at
IT Op's Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  calgaryNovember 14, 2013
A typical day at work was busy days when call volume was very high and meeting the SLA with out compromising the efficiency of the service
Lot of learning happened by interacting with clients with a wide range of challenging issues to be resolved
Management was really good,friendly and co-operative
co-workers were awesome and helpful
Hardest part of the job is to handle irate clients
The most enjoyable part of the job is to help clients and provide excellent service
Pros
new challenges every day
Not a bad place to work
Technology Consultant I (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Work environment is OK. lot of layoffs due to outsourcing..... not a healthy place to work for long term. Co-workers are friendly.
benifits aren't that great.
Pros
oppertunity to learn
Cons
benifits
A company that is losing much of its original values.
ITO Service Delivery Consultant III (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 27, 2013
I enjoyed working for HP. The employees and management where a joy to work with. In my years of work there, I went from being a junior Programmer Analyst to managing and directing various Web development teams. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new technologies, trouble shooting issues, seeing my ideas becoming part of the design of projects and being part of a great team of colleagues.
Pros
my voice was heard, team, working from home and the work.
Nice to work with HP
Field Technical Support Analyst level 3 (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 22, 2012
• Responsible for providing technical support like: installing and updating computer application
And solving problems related to the computer applications.
• Responsible for solving networking problems.
• Responsible for database management and database analysis.
• Responsible for network management including network performance tuning, security monitoring, file server backup, and email server administration.
• Providing help desk support to internal and external clients.
A perfect place to work
Sales Support Management Coordinator II (ESSN) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 24, 2014
Working with HP is a wonderful experience. Day to day encounter with clients, dealers, external and internal stakeholders makes an employee's day exciting. Excellent customer service, time management and team work are the best things I have learned during my stay with HP. Although meeting deadlines are the hardest part of the job, I enjoyed beating due dates by applying the theory of prioritization.
Amazing place to work for
Contracts Administrator /Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 19, 2015
Work was good and not stressful. No one micromanaging. Ability to work from home.
I learned a lot from working in this environment. My co workers were helpful and so friendly.
I can't even say there was a hard part of the job
Productive and fun place to work at
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 24, 2014
Working as a Contractor. Joined HP a year ago as a contractor to work for a client. There is always something new to learn and a very friendly environment. Company has an open door policy where you can easily talk to the management
HP Indonesia is really a great place to work
Territory Sales Manager / Retail Channel Manager (Former Employee) –  IndonesiaOctober 11, 2012
HP Indonesia helped people to develop their skills and attributes, encouraged employees to improve their skills by giving training that will help the employees to do better in their work. HP Indonesia's open management has given opportunity to employees to express ideas to achieve company goals. I enjoyed being part of HP Indonesia team and valued my colleagues for their hard work and contributions.
Got a lot of issues resolved
IT Move Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
Worked as a Move technician, This involved upgrade of the hospital legacy equipment including HP computers to newer and faster versions.
Pros
Free lunches on extremely busy days
Excellent place for new grads.
Sales Support Management Co-coordinator (Current Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 10, 2014
HP is a great company to start with, it believes in training its employees to grow within the company.provides work life balance and has a great work environment
Pros
h
A productive day filled with challenges but worth the time and effort.
Web Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 9, 2012
It is the kind of company I would like to work and grow with. The challenges for the day are great to make each individual productive and work with all honestly and sincerity. The work varies from web to print materials. They allow you to do things on your own without somebody at your back. Its a great opportunity that I was able to work with HP.
Pros
i can work at home
Under restructuring stress
PMO Lead, HP Enterprise Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, CanadaNovember 23, 2014
The company recently split and is undergoing internal restructuring.
Pros
telecommute
Cons
salaries, lack of job security
Great place to work with friendly co-workers and managers.
Business Operations Manager I (Former Employee) –  Kanata, OntarioApril 4, 2012
I worked at Hewlett Packard/Compaq/Diigital Equipment Corporation for over 20 years. Most of the people I worked with there were friendly and all of my managers were fair and honest. They gave us the opportunity to work at home which created a great work/life balance.
Pros
work at home opportunities available.
Cons
many jobs transferred offshore.
good
Automation consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 14, 2015
goood company to work for. one of the best technology providers in automation testing, they have great worldwide client base so lots of leanring and growth opportunity
Quiet work place with a nice office view
Clerk/Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Working at Hp brings me a lot of experience with fast paced environments. I constantly have to meet deadlines for different duties. I learned to pay attention to details and be accurate when offering a service. A typical day at work is relatively quiet and not a lot of distractions so it's really easy to concentrate. My co-workers became my second family. We help each other a lot and often organize mini games to keep our minds stress free. The hardest part of the job is to keep busy when the work is done in advance. I literally have to create work in order to stay productive. Ex: open letters, respond to e-mails etc... The most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge I get from dealing with all sorts of inquiries. Ex: How to transfer bonds to another name? How to redeem bonds to estates? What type of legal documents is needed?.
Pros
downtown, quiet, secure, dynamic
Cons
traffic, possible relocation to west end
Excellent place to work
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 30, 2014
Interacting with client and resolving hardware related problems, everyday is a learning day, workflow is interesting and team members are excellent.
Pros
free lunch