HP
2,711 reviews

HP Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
IT Device and Services Company - best hardware
Information Technology Program Manager (Former Employee), Boise, IDSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: distributed timezones = late hours
Great experience leading large multinational distributed teams in delivering industry leading technologies and delivery systems.
Ability to develop a career in one company
Manager - Import Compliance Strategy & Policy (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CASeptember 12, 2014
HP offers the ability to take on different roles while not having to leave the company. Roles can be global/regional/country, and can be corporate level or in one of the product and services teams.
Fun work place
Global Triage Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 10, 2014
Very fun environment to work for and lots of opportunities to learn new things. Worked on 2 different accounts and was able to have several job opportunities
Best People are leaving
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Houston9September 10, 2014
Pros: i like the people, friendly, helpful.
Cons: no job security.
Very little job security. Frequent lay offs. One mistake or so so review and you are out.

You survive best if you lay low and do just what is expected of you, no more, no less. Don't try anything daring or risky.
Good people, fun work
IT Developer/Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: layoffs
The team I worked in was full of talented, professional individuals; easy to work with, good at their jobs. I enjoyed the activities the department ran to encourage social interaction. It would be nice if there were less turnover.
Fast paced, busy environment
Major Incident Manager, Incident Management Centre (Current Employee), GalwaySeptember 10, 2014
The HP Incident Management Center is a hectic, fast-paced environment where there is never a dull moment. The team are hardworking, collaborative group of people with whom it's a pleasure to work.
My first Industry
QC Inspector & Operator (Former Employee), Aguadilla, PRSeptember 10, 2014
I learn a lot in this job of Quality Control and Quality Assurance and how to be a leader of my group in the productions lines.
Nice people.
Service Desk Agent (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALSeptember 9, 2014
Steady work taking problem calls and providing the responses learned in training.

Hardest part of the job was calming irate callers so I could help them.

Most enjoyable was receiving sincere thanks.
My job summary
Head Media Services Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 9, 2014
Log and enter all relevant information about incoming media deliveries into Autonomy’s media tracking system. Manages the organization and storage of physical media.
Download data from customer FTP sites.Maintain accurate physical chain of custody for all customer media.
Delete, destroy, or return customer media based on documented media retention policies.
Testing system application prior to going to production.
Advanced Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: working with others
Testing system application

Working with other co-workers is what I enjoy

Learning how the system works

The management is very nice to work with

Try to figure out what is wrong with the application and then finding someone who will help you if you can't solve it by yourself
Great place to work.
Executive Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Houston, TexasSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: day goes buy fast due to staying busy all the time. great place to work.
Cons: sometime did not even have time for eat lunch.
Keeping up the calendar for Executive. Scheduling all travel arrangements and booking hotel, and car service. Setting meetings and securing lunch for all executives in meetings. Working close beside the executives. Scheduling interviews for new employees and all other administrative items for the executive.
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: challenging projects
Cons: layoffs continue
Work is challenging.
Get to work with mfg OEM in China.
co-workers support each other
Long hours can effect family life
good workarea
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Shahdol, MPSeptember 9, 2014
A very good management for project working place as well as good environment for staff with using very highly updated software.
HP is a great place to work
Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great team to work with.
Cons: some work life balance issues
I enjoyed my time working at HP. I got along well with middle management and they seemed to have a handle on the business. I really enjoyed the people I worked with and we worked well together to achieve all personal and team goals. There is some work life balance issues so time must be managed properly.
Agree
Senior Financial Associate (Current Employee), HPSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: we should make sure that we complete our tasks by end of the day without any missouts.
* Never experience yet
* Communication & learned to handle customers by call.
* Good
* They are always accountable & like fruit of all season.
* The day i took off.
* My trip with my team to "Bynakadu"
Typical month
Sr. Program/Project Manager V (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: exposure to different industries and technologies
Cons: continual travel to east coast from west
Catch plane to customer site to gather requirements and prepare contract, schedule and project plan. Project manage opportunity after securing resources. Maintain budget, mitigate risks, and capitalize on opportunities. Resolve issues and provide feedback to customer and management via weekly reports.
Make it to work on time.
Field Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LaSeptember 8, 2014
Make it to work on time. Have a very productive day. Leave work on time.
A great place to work
Senior Software Engineer, PPS Thin Client R&D (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: great people, flexible work style, and solid company reputation
Cons: not doing any java/mobile applications at houston campus
HP is of course a great company and I am glad that I was able to work there for 7 years in the Thin Client R&D group.

I worked with lots great people and learned a lot about Hewlett-Packard.

I wish HP had any opportunities in the mobile space here at the Houston Campus, I am sure that I would still be there, I got bored with doing just Windows desktop – more... stuff. – less
Great leadership and culture
HR Business partner (Generalist) (Former Employee), Bangalore, IndiaSeptember 6, 2014
In my role, I engage pro-actively with stakeholders and am regarded as a first-class communicator, who is highly proficient at motivating and building relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels. I have successfully developed and implemented departmental strategies within financial constraints and deadlines, ensuring implementation – more... of HR policies well within legal guidelines. – less
Business Analyst (Former Employee), BangaloreSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: work culture, training
Cons: management changes
My experience with HP was good, It had a very good work culture, believed in transparency between Employee, HR and management . Worked with the Learning & Development team and this allowed me to take part in varied training which helped gain exposure to various concepts. Frequent management changes probably led me to seek for better opportunities.

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more