HP Employee Reviews in Canada

Good Not Great
Helpdesk Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2015
It has been many years since I worked here but it was not the greatest place to work but could have been much worse
Built great skills with a world-wide organization
Category Business Manager (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJanuary 22, 2015
Great company to with over the 14 years, learned a lot from different managers, great facilities, enjoyed working with US counterpart.
Pros
solid product lines, nice campus.
Cons
lack of focus
Fun place to work at.
INSIDE SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
HP is a company that cares about their employees well- being. They have good compensation and benefit plans and Job culture is great.
Pros
open-door policy
Cons
location
Customer Service in an organization that provides challenges and rewards achievement.
CSR & Insurance Processing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 3, 2014
I am a highly organized individual with the ability to prioritize to effectively meet all deadlines. My attention to detail and mathematical abilities ensure accurate documentation and record keeping. I am proficient in a wide range of computer programs in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Wed Expressions. I can easily learn new Database programs, and the general procedures of new office environments.
Excellent place to work
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 30, 2014
Interacting with client and resolving hardware related problems, everyday is a learning day, workflow is interesting and team members are excellent.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Good co-workers, a lot of down time.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 30, 2014
You get in, sign in to your computer and all your programs and sit and wait for a call. The CSR's who only speak English get a higher volume of calls than the bilingual employees, but they get a higher wage. The calls themselves don't vary greatly, mostly redemption calls (people taking money out of their accounts), address changes, and sometimes odd things like the passing of a bond owner or transferal of money from one account to another. The calls are short, they are only inbound and you are not pressed to reach any certain number, which is good. There is a lot of time for reading or talking with co-workers between calls. The co-workers are all nice and easy to get along with and the management is the same. The hardest part of the job would be the days when you don't get a respite from all the calls but they are few and far between and not all that bad anyway. The most enjoyable part would be the downtime between calls.
Pros
lots of potlucks and social activities, lots of downtime
Cons
repetative work
Productive and fun place to work at
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 24, 2014
Working as a Contractor. Joined HP a year ago as a contractor to work for a client. There is always something new to learn and a very friendly environment. Company has an open door policy where you can easily talk to the management
Under restructuring stress
PMO Lead, HP Enterprise Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, CanadaNovember 23, 2014
The company recently split and is undergoing internal restructuring.
Pros
telecommute
Cons
salaries, lack of job security
Nice people, lots of history, a bit unorganized for the business being bought, it's trying to change
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 13, 2014
There are a few things that I appreciate about Hp, and I can tell the management is trying to do a good job.

Resources wasn't managed well particularly for our product.

A good life/work balance.

Pay was fairly low.
Pros
work life balance, people are in general professional & respectful
Cons
during turnover restructure strategy and implementation wasn't promising for the particular product
n/a
Account Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 24, 2014
good company
I don't want to provide any details at this time
Awesome
Lead Volunteer Organizer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 24, 2014
I had an awesome experience!!!!
Managing multiple projects, management was very supportive.
Strong team structure
Catalog Migration Lead and SME (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 24, 2014
Working closely with migration teams to resolve daily challenges
Pros
telecommuting - work from home
Cons
no job security or benefits
Nice people, dead end.
Non-Stop Operations and Incident Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 22, 2014
If you want to work for a company that is flexible in terms of work/life balance this is the place for you. However, if you value opportunities to learn, or to progress in your career this may not be the place for you. Performance is not rewarded/recognized very often.
Pros
friendly people, ease of home/work life balance, benefits, company contributes to rrsp
Cons
shift work, no raises or bonuses available in past two years
Productive and gave me the opportunity to learn new technology
System Software Engineer VI (Former Employee) –  TelecommuteSeptember 25, 2014
Awesome company to work for, I telecommute the time started and ended at HP. Travel to a lot of places for business delegation and project support. Learned tons of stuff. I wish I had the opportunity to work for HP again.
Pros
innovation
Cons
there is nothing bad about it....
Quiet work place with a nice office view
Clerk/Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Working at Hp brings me a lot of experience with fast paced environments. I constantly have to meet deadlines for different duties. I learned to pay attention to details and be accurate when offering a service. A typical day at work is relatively quiet and not a lot of distractions so it's really easy to concentrate. My co-workers became my second family. We help each other a lot and often organize mini games to keep our minds stress free. The hardest part of the job is to keep busy when the work is done in advance. I literally have to create work in order to stay productive. Ex: open letters, respond to e-mails etc... The most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge I get from dealing with all sorts of inquiries. Ex: How to transfer bonds to another name? How to redeem bonds to estates? What type of legal documents is needed?.
Pros
downtown, quiet, secure, dynamic
Cons
traffic, possible relocation to west end
Very well managed company.
Custom Support Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ONSeptember 23, 2014
I had the opportunity to work with a great team. Interactions with other departments and customers was pleasant.
Although the work load was intense at times, it was manageable and we all helped each other.
Pros
ambiance, friendliness, professionalism
Cons
none to report
Great Middle Management, dedicated workforce
IT Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioSeptember 16, 2014
Overall good people to work with. Middle and Line Management are dedicated and conscientious. Turmoil and muddy vision affected senior management ranks.
Pros
good people
Cons
enterprise vision clarity
Great opportunities
Project Manager - Sales Operations (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioSeptember 14, 2014
HP works with their employees to learn on the job and gain valuable hands-on experience.
Pros
good location
Excellent place for new grads.
Sales Support Management Co-coordinator (Current Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 10, 2014
HP is a great company to start with, it believes in training its employees to grow within the company.provides work life balance and has a great work environment
Pros
h
Good job with big opportunities
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 5, 2014
Upon request

Help to provide accurate time estimates related to the QA testing cycle.
Meet the scheduled completion dates, and deliver quality products on time.
Develop and enhance the testing methodologies, standards and test effects.
Adhere to current policies and procedures.
Participate in tasks related to the development activity.