HP Employee Reviews

OK place to work. Team worker were a good bunch and looked for each others.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  OttawaFebruary 2, 2015
Met lots of genuine people and worked in several positions within the company until I started to work from home. Most of the IT jobs have moved overseas.
Pros
work from home
Cons
long hours, this is a public high tech company driven by shareholder. so employees are expendable.
Job was great and filled with lots to learn each passing day never a dull moment
Asset disposal SME - Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2015
for me a typical day at work i would show up at 7 and work until 5 most days lucky if i took my lunch not because i wasn't allowed but because i would be working so much i sort of forgot to take it.

In my time there i would have to say that i have learned more than i ever could of imagined and was very upset to not be able to stay due to over staffing

Management was amazing. some of the best i've ever had my whole time that i've been working. Very understanding and supportive of the things i wanted to try and learn. encouraging me to take on new projects and how to time manage.

My co-workers made the days go by fast. always having a good time and filled with laughter. couldn't of asked for better.

hardest part of my job was growing and learning all the new things that would change at any given time. but it allowed the days to go by fast and learn lots while doing so.

well i would have to say the whole time that i was there. as being there i enjoyed every day. Some days where harder than others but it still never changed my opinion on it. I would go into work an hour early every day and start working just because i wanted to. my job gave me the excitement that i was always looking for and i wouldn't of changed it for the world.
Great Company
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dalian, ChinaJuly 4, 2015
I learned a lots of technology and customer service skills from HP, HP is a amazing company. The people is very nice, manager is so smart, work in HP, you never feel you are alone, a lots of team building and sharing, hope I can come back to this great company in someday.
Amazing company to work for
Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QCJuly 21, 2015
Working at HP has to be the best of both worlds. Both professionalism and personal I most enjoyed working at HP as I was able to grow in my field I was given all the resources I required to perform my job.
Experience working with HP
Project Manager / Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  torontoJuly 30, 2015
Great people to work with - highly charged and intelligent with opportunity to learn new skills and develop relationships.
HP has good work life balance
Service developer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 15, 2015
HP has good work life balance, flexible WFH policy for years and then they are trying to remove it. But it's getting too big, hard to link my job to the company's strategy.
A productive day filled with challenges but worth the time and effort.
Web Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 9, 2012
It is the kind of company I would like to work and grow with. The challenges for the day are great to make each individual productive and work with all honestly and sincerity. The work varies from web to print materials. They allow you to do things on your own without somebody at your back. Its a great opportunity that I was able to work with HP.
Pros
i can work at home
Cons
Interesting place to work at
IT Op's Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  calgaryNovember 14, 2013
A typical day at work was busy days when call volume was very high and meeting the SLA with out compromising the efficiency of the service
Lot of learning happened by interacting with clients with a wide range of challenging issues to be resolved
Management was really good,friendly and co-operative
co-workers were awesome and helpful
Hardest part of the job is to handle irate clients
The most enjoyable part of the job is to help clients and provide excellent service
Pros
new challenges every day
Work from Home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSMay 7, 2015
Great bonus structure in a work from home setting.
Excellent communication with Management/ Supervisors.
Setting up Customer Accounts/ modifying existing accounts.
Upsale opportunities.
Quiet work place with a nice office view
Clerk/Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Working at Hp brings me a lot of experience with fast paced environments. I constantly have to meet deadlines for different duties. I learned to pay attention to details and be accurate when offering a service. A typical day at work is relatively quiet and not a lot of distractions so it's really easy to concentrate. My co-workers became my second family. We help each other a lot and often organize mini games to keep our minds stress free. The hardest part of the job is to keep busy when the work is done in advance. I literally have to create work in order to stay productive. Ex: open letters, respond to e-mails etc... The most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge I get from dealing with all sorts of inquiries. Ex: How to transfer bonds to another name? How to redeem bonds to estates? What type of legal documents is needed?.
Pros
downtown, quiet, secure, dynamic
Cons
traffic, possible relocation to west end
Nice to work with HP
Field Technical Support Analyst level 3 (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 22, 2012
• Responsible for providing technical support like: installing and updating computer application
And solving problems related to the computer applications.
• Responsible for solving networking problems.
• Responsible for database management and database analysis.
• Responsible for network management including network performance tuning, security monitoring, file server backup, and email server administration.
• Providing help desk support to internal and external clients.
A company that is losing much of its original values.
ITO Service Delivery Consultant III (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 27, 2013
I enjoyed working for HP. The employees and management where a joy to work with. In my years of work there, I went from being a junior Programmer Analyst to managing and directing various Web development teams. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new technologies, trouble shooting issues, seeing my ideas becoming part of the design of projects and being part of a great team of colleagues.
Pros
my voice was heard, team, working from home and the work.
Great place to work with friendly co-workers and managers.
Business Operations Manager I (Former Employee) –  Kanata, OntarioApril 4, 2012
I worked at Hewlett Packard/Compaq/Diigital Equipment Corporation for over 20 years. Most of the people I worked with there were friendly and all of my managers were fair and honest. They gave us the opportunity to work at home which created a great work/life balance.
Pros
work at home opportunities available.
Cons
many jobs transferred offshore.
HP Indonesia is really a great place to work
Territory Sales Manager / Retail Channel Manager (Former Employee) –  IndonesiaOctober 11, 2012
HP Indonesia helped people to develop their skills and attributes, encouraged employees to improve their skills by giving training that will help the employees to do better in their work. HP Indonesia's open management has given opportunity to employees to express ideas to achieve company goals. I enjoyed being part of HP Indonesia team and valued my colleagues for their hard work and contributions.
A perfect place to work
Sales Support Management Coordinator II (ESSN) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 24, 2014
Working with HP is a wonderful experience. Day to day encounter with clients, dealers, external and internal stakeholders makes an employee's day exciting. Excellent customer service, time management and team work are the best things I have learned during my stay with HP. Although meeting deadlines are the hardest part of the job, I enjoyed beating due dates by applying the theory of prioritization.
Customer care and training
Customer Service Agent- Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Budapest, PEJanuary 31, 2014
Basically we had to advise the customer how to use the system and what kind of request type they need to use in order to make sure their request will be completed.
Any issue with the request, or it has been completed incorrectily came back to us, so we had to see with the specialist to change the settings or set ups, installations within the system. Sometimes changes requested, had to be redone with a new request.
For me the additional task was to find time to train the newhires. To provide them all the basic knowledge they need within practice also to help them if still some questions were left. This was kind of a mentoring.
Pros
exact working hours
Cons
stressfull users
Work from home
Network Engineer - Data Center (Contract) (Current Employee) –  TorontoJune 19, 2015
Very good experience working with HP. My contract expired but if I get an opportunity in future, I will definitely go for it.
Good place to work, got alot to learn new tech
Software QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 14, 2015
good place to work with a great work culture, Very friendly atmosphere at work place.
Good place to learn new technologies and enhance your skills
Customer Service in an organization that provides challenges and rewards achievement.
CSR & Insurance Processing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 3, 2014
I am a highly organized individual with the ability to prioritize to effectively meet all deadlines. My attention to detail and mathematical abilities ensure accurate documentation and record keeping. I am proficient in a wide range of computer programs in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Wed Expressions. I can easily learn new Database programs, and the general procedures of new office environments.
Flexible Work Conditions
Partner Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Open door policy
Flexible work hours
Leadership encourages Career Development
Free coffee, free wi-fi, a lot fun and hard work.
A lot of opportunities to win hp products for personal use.