HP Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work at
IT Op's Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  calgary14 November 2013
A typical day at work was busy days when call volume was very high and meeting the SLA with out compromising the efficiency of the service
Lot of learning happened by interacting with clients with a wide range of challenging issues to be resolved
Management was really good,friendly and co-operative
co-workers were awesome and helpful
Hardest part of the job is to handle irate clients
The most enjoyable part of the job is to help clients and provide excellent service
Pros
new challenges every day
A productive day filled with challenges but worth the time and effort.
Web Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 October 2012
It is the kind of company I would like to work and grow with. The challenges for the day are great to make each individual productive and work with all honestly and sincerity. The work varies from web to print materials. They allow you to do things on your own without somebody at your back. Its a great opportunity that I was able to work with HP.
Pros
i can work at home
Cons
Fun and exciting and energetic
Contracts Administrative, HSC Provincial (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 September 2015
It was a fun productive job, manager were great, easy to get along with, co- workers were great, they were always there to help out when needed. There was no hard part at HP, everyday was a learning curve which made this job interesting.
Nice to work with HP
Field Technical Support Analyst level 3 (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2012
• Responsible for providing technical support like: installing and updating computer application
And solving problems related to the computer applications.
• Responsible for solving networking problems.
• Responsible for database management and database analysis.
• Responsible for network management including network performance tuning, security monitoring, file server backup, and email server administration.
• Providing help desk support to internal and external clients.
A company that is losing much of its original values.
ITO Service Delivery Consultant III (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2013
I enjoyed working for HP. The employees and management where a joy to work with. In my years of work there, I went from being a junior Programmer Analyst to managing and directing various Web development teams. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new technologies, trouble shooting issues, seeing my ideas becoming part of the design of projects and being part of a great team of colleagues.
Pros
My voice was heard, team, working from home and the work.
OK place to work. Team worker were a good bunch and looked for each others.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa2 February 2015
Met lots of genuine people and worked in several positions within the company until I started to work from home. Most of the IT jobs have moved overseas.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Long hours, This is a public high tech company driven by shareholder. So employees are expendable.
Great place to work with friendly co-workers and managers.
Business Operations Manager I (Former Employee) –  Kanata, Ontario4 April 2012
I worked at Hewlett Packard/Compaq/Diigital Equipment Corporation for over 20 years. Most of the people I worked with there were friendly and all of my managers were fair and honest. They gave us the opportunity to work at home which created a great work/life balance.
Pros
work at home opportunities available.
Cons
many jobs transferred offshore.
Enterprise Workplace
Human Resource Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, NB12 August 2015
The climate within your Enterprise is different from the rest of the company. There is little offered in terms of opportunities for growth.
Pros
Specified hours
Cons
No flexibility
Job was great and filled with lots to learn each passing day never a dull moment
Asset disposal SME - Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2015
for me a typical day at work i would show up at 7 and work until 5 most days lucky if i took my lunch not because i wasn't allowed but because i would be working so much i sort of forgot to take it.

In my time there i would have to say that i have learned more than i ever could of imagined and was very upset to not be able to stay due to over staffing

Management was amazing. some of the best i've ever had my whole time that i've been working. Very understanding and supportive of the things i wanted to try and learn. encouraging me to take on new projects and how to time manage.

My co-workers made the days go by fast. always having a good time and filled with laughter. couldn't of asked for better.

hardest part of my job was growing and learning all the new things that would change at any given time. but it allowed the days to go by fast and learn lots while doing so.

well i would have to say the whole time that i was there. as being there i enjoyed every day. Some days where harder than others but it still never changed my opinion on it. I would go into work an hour early every day and start working just because i wanted to. my job gave me the excitement that i was always looking for and i wouldn't of changed it for the world.
Quiet work place with a nice office view
Clerk/Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 September 2014
Working at Hp brings me a lot of experience with fast paced environments. I constantly have to meet deadlines for different duties. I learned to pay attention to details and be accurate when offering a service. A typical day at work is relatively quiet and not a lot of distractions so it's really easy to concentrate. My co-workers became my second family. We help each other a lot and often organize mini games to keep our minds stress free. The hardest part of the job is to keep busy when the work is done in advance. I literally have to create work in order to stay productive. Ex: open letters, respond to e-mails etc... The most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge I get from dealing with all sorts of inquiries. Ex: How to transfer bonds to another name? How to redeem bonds to estates? What type of legal documents is needed?.
Pros
Downtown, quiet, secure, dynamic
Cons
Traffic, possible relocation to west end
Intellectually enjoyable workplace - interesting client work and excellent community of peers to work with.
Senior Windows Server / VMWare Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2015
Level 1/2 support is typically handled by off-shore teams, while the on-shore teams concentrate on providing level 3/4 support to the off-shore teams and resolution of more complex technical issues, and managing and completing project level work.
Pros
Peer group extends beyond own client team to persons on other support and engineering teams
HP Indonesia is really a great place to work
Territory Sales Manager / Retail Channel Manager (Former Employee) –  Indonesia11 October 2012
HP Indonesia helped people to develop their skills and attributes, encouraged employees to improve their skills by giving training that will help the employees to do better in their work. HP Indonesia's open management has given opportunity to employees to express ideas to achieve company goals. I enjoyed being part of HP Indonesia team and valued my colleagues for their hard work and contributions.
Customer care and training
Customer Service Agent- Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Budapest, PE31 January 2014
Basically we had to advise the customer how to use the system and what kind of request type they need to use in order to make sure their request will be completed.
Any issue with the request, or it has been completed incorrectily came back to us, so we had to see with the specialist to change the settings or set ups, installations within the system. Sometimes changes requested, had to be redone with a new request.
For me the additional task was to find time to train the newhires. To provide them all the basic knowledge they need within practice also to help them if still some questions were left. This was kind of a mentoring.
Pros
Exact working hours
Cons
Stressfull users
A perfect place to work
Sales Support Management Coordinator II (ESSN) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2014
Working with HP is a wonderful experience. Day to day encounter with clients, dealers, external and internal stakeholders makes an employee's day exciting. Excellent customer service, time management and team work are the best things I have learned during my stay with HP. Although meeting deadlines are the hardest part of the job, I enjoyed beating due dates by applying the theory of prioritization.
HP has good work life balance
Service developer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2015
HP has good work life balance, flexible WFH policy for years and then they are trying to remove it. But it's getting too big, hard to link my job to the company's strategy.
Very poor management
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta13 June 2013
Micromanaged. No opportunities for advancement and/or learn. Very bad practices like blackmailing the employees in order to make them work more.
Pros
No one
Cons
Micromanagement
fun work environment
IT Ops Support Analyst I (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2014
I have learned a lot in here
my career growth started here
most enjoyable part of job is my team and management
Pros
fun events
Cons
less pay
Excellent place for new grads.
Sales Support Management Co-coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga10 September 2014
HP is a great company to start with, it believes in training its employees to grow within the company.provides work life balance and has a great work environment
Pros
h
Customer Service in an organization that provides challenges and rewards achievement.
CSR & Insurance Processing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 December 2014
I am a highly organized individual with the ability to prioritize to effectively meet all deadlines. My attention to detail and mathematical abilities ensure accurate documentation and record keeping. I am proficient in a wide range of computer programs in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Wed Expressions. I can easily learn new Database programs, and the general procedures of new office environments.
Work from Home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NS7 May 2015
Great bonus structure in a work from home setting.
Excellent communication with Management/ Supervisors.
Setting up Customer Accounts/ modifying existing accounts.
Upsale opportunities.