HP Employee Reviews in Canada

good
Automation consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 14, 2015
goood company to work for. one of the best technology providers in automation testing, they have great worldwide client base so lots of leanring and growth opportunity
Intellectually enjoyable workplace - interesting client work and excellent community of peers to work with.
Senior Windows Server / VMWare Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 11, 2015
Level 1/2 support is typically handled by off-shore teams, while the on-shore teams concentrate on providing level 3/4 support to the off-shore teams and resolution of more complex technical issues, and managing and completing project level work.
Pros
Peer group extends beyond own client team to persons on other support and engineering teams
Excellent company
Network Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 8, 2015
HP is a good company to work with. Management is respectful and the job environment is excellent. They provide good benefits package and salary.
Work from Home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSMay 7, 2015
Great bonus structure in a work from home setting.
Excellent communication with Management/ Supervisors.
Setting up Customer Accounts/ modifying existing accounts.
Upsale opportunities.
Productive workplace
IT Tech / HP Consultant Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 28, 2015
Day at work is split into 2 sides, remote users and on site users.
I have been supporting users on hardware and software issues.
No job security
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 24, 2015
Management is good and supportive. But there is not much scope for growth. Salary is decent but can be better. Company has a history of mergers with lot of other companies which results in lot of organizational changes and job/pay cuts.
Pros
Work from home option
Cons
no job security
It was a great place to work...
Partner Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2015
until HP bought Compaq. It has been a downward spiral ever since. Management isn't consistent with the 5 year plan. I don't even think they have one because it changes every quarter. They have created a cut throat environment due to Work Force Reductions. If you're not in your bosses pocket there is no hope for you.
Pros
Currently can't think of anything positive to say about HP at this time.
Cons
Raises and bonuses are close to non-existent, Saved for the bosses favourites and that doesn't mean the best worker
Productive Workplace
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 22, 2015
Productive workplace, social activities encouraged. Onsite fitness facilities, and volunteer activities are readily available
HP has good work life balance
Service developer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 15, 2015
HP has good work life balance, flexible WFH policy for years and then they are trying to remove it. But it's getting too big, hard to link my job to the company's strategy.
Fast moviing company with many staff turnover.
Compaq Consumer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa ONMarch 11, 2015
I was supporting the commercial desktop and PDA's for the American market and mainly took calls from Texas and California.

The job consisted of making computers work properly. Identify if it was a hardware problem or a software problem.

Hardware was under warranty for 2 to 4 years while software was under warrantee for 90 days. There was a charge of 39.95 US for help with software.

Co-workers help each other and there was job satisfaction in resolving problems where several technicians had not resolved the problem.

We helped the American military and police departments. Some companies had a 4 hour response time.

The hardest part was where a company might have 20 computers to fix which required opening 20 cases and trouble shooting each one. That could take 3 to 4 hours to complete.
Pros
satisfaction in resolving problems.
Cons
working through an operator for someone that was deaf.
one of the best company i worked with
Global Service Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  mississugaMarch 5, 2015
HP is very well organized in their process and give less stress to their employees very much concerned in each and every aspect of the employee and you feel secure
Excellent place to work and have a work-life balance!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  WW RegionsFebruary 26, 2015
Simply put - still the best place to work! Excellent Management with the "Open-Door" Policy still intact.Management and Staff are highly ethical in their dealings. The Standards of Business Conduct at HP are really up-held and mean a lot to every employee. HP Way still lives on - but with mergers and acquisitions - the company is now a mix of new, talented and committed employees. By far - the best place to work!
Flexible Work Conditions
Partner Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Open door policy
Flexible work hours
Leadership encourages Career Development
Free coffee, free wi-fi, a lot fun and hard work.
A lot of opportunities to win hp products for personal use.
Great place to work and great people to work with.
Service Delivery Rep (Former Employee) –  MississaugaFebruary 18, 2015
Great place to work especially for people with children working shifts, you are off shift as much as you are on which makes planning family activities easy. The people know what they are doing and management only gets involved when it is needed.
Pros
not a stressful workplace, people are great to work with
Cons
advancement is difficult because the teams are global eg lvl 1 in north america and lvl 2 in asia
A great place to be
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Working with HP has been memorable and interesting. The company culture is great and provides employee's the flexibility. I would recommend this company to anyone who want to pursue a career in IT.
Not a bad place to work
Technology Consultant I (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Work environment is OK. lot of layoffs due to outsourcing..... not a healthy place to work for long term. Co-workers are friendly.
benifits aren't that great.
Pros
oppertunity to learn
Cons
benifits
Acvheiving results over targets, Always having Mgmt support,customers commendations.
Capacity Customer support Specialist (Former Employee) –  MISSISSAUGA ONTFebruary 4, 2015
I have always worked with Great employers, Bell & HP, Loved the work & team players, Most enjoyable part of my Job was to be able t reach out to my Customers, providing exceptional service beyond their expectations with human touch/
Pros
excellent team/ mgmt
Cons
sudden office closure
experienced good team member
software engineer (Current Employee) –  toronto, onFebruary 3, 2015
About my recent work, most of the days , my work begin with reading letters of cooperating customers with problem resolving. I need to find out what makes it happen with software product preformance log, and with more instructions and steps with the customers , determind whether it's from software product side or from the customer project side. If I find out that the issue is from our software product side , but it's small and only need to adapt to the certain customer, I will modify the codes and rebuild a new version for the custom , at the same time add a project branch for the certain customer. While it's neccessary for our software product to upgrade to handle this kind of situation, I will report to software developer with my suggestions, and work on the codes with them, and finish the following tests with them.
I learnd software developing thinking and skills from this job, and I benefit most from working on the problems with both the developing team and the technical customers, coordinating with both sides and make a project successfully accomplished. So for what I learned most, is to never give up to any problems, and believe it will and can be solved if you put more efforts into it .
I've led a team of 6 for a risk control related project for China Post.
The hardest part of the jobs is the pressure when the problem arises. When I worked in the China Post project and deployed the whole solution in the customer's data center, the database collapsed after hours of running. I worked the whole night with my colleagues to find out the problem. We have tested and altered
  more... on the machine and went through the same kind of the posts online to get inspirations. When I in HP, sometimes it's hard to comvince the customer that the problem comes from their part of the codes. I need to add more alert and change the simulator to test as their requirement , at the same time coordinate and give them instructions to the codes that can help with the project. I am always the last one to give up.
To make a project successfully accomplished , to receive their thanks , to report a new bug and suggestion.
OK place to work. Team worker were a good bunch and looked for each others.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  OttawaFebruary 2, 2015
Met lots of genuine people and worked in several positions within the company until I started to work from home. Most of the IT jobs have moved overseas.
Pros
work from home
Cons
long hours, this is a public high tech company driven by shareholder. so employees are expendable.
Job was great and filled with lots to learn each passing day never a dull moment
Asset disposal SME - Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2015
for me a typical day at work i would show up at 7 and work until 5 most days lucky if i took my lunch not because i wasn't allowed but because i would be working so much i sort of forgot to take it.

In my time there i would have to say that i have learned more than i ever could of imagined and was very upset to not be able to stay due to over staffing

Management was amazing. some of the best i've ever had my whole time that i've been working. Very understanding and supportive of the things i wanted to try and learn. encouraging me to take on new projects and how to time manage.

My co-workers made the days go by fast. always having a good time and filled with laughter. couldn't of asked for better.

hardest part of my job was growing and learning all the new things that would change at any given time. but it allowed the days to go by fast and learn lots while doing so.

well i would have to say the whole time that i was there. as being there i enjoyed every day. Some days where harder than others but it still never changed my opinion on it. I would go into work an hour early every day and start working just because i wanted to. my job gave me the excitement that i was always looking for and i wouldn't of changed it for the world.