HP
3,560 reviews

HP Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Customer care and training
Customer Service Agent- Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Budapest, PEJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: exact working hours
Cons: stressfull users
Basically we had to advise the customer how to use the system and what kind of request type they need to use in order to make sure their request will be completed.
Any issue with the request, or it has been completed incorrectily came back to us, so we had to see with the specialist to change the settings or set ups, installations within the system. Sometimes changes requested, had to be redone with a new request.
For me the additional task was to find time to train the newhires. To provide them all the basic knowledge they need within practice also to help them if still some questions were left. This was kind of a mentoring.
I learn many things in this company as fresher
Senior Technical Support Officer (Former Employee), MphasisDecember 24, 2013
It was my first day as fresher in Mphasis. I was in casual dress and all other guys ( my colleague) were in formal dress. They were looking at me like I dont belong to that company. Then My manager came to me and he told me that it is your dress that made them strange. I learned from that day, " be simple when you start your day and show you skill when you start working".
AP division
AP Front Office (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 20, 2013
Handled the payables for entire Canada. Printed cheques, Government remittance etc..
Excellent work environment
Senior Business System Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Versatile management, strong teams and support between colleagues; the teams came from EDS Consultants
Interesting place to work at
IT Op's Support Analyst (Former Employee), calgaryNovember 14, 2013
Pros: new challenges every day
A typical day at work was busy days when call volume was very high and meeting the SLA with out compromising the efficiency of the service
Lot of learning happened by interacting with clients with a wide range of challenging issues to be resolved
Management was really good,friendly and co-operative
co-workers were awesome and helpful
Hardest part of the job is to handle irate clients
The most enjoyable part of the job is to help clients and provide excellent service
productive and professional environement
Software Consultant (Former Employee), BanaloreNovember 3, 2013
Challenging environment , lot of things to learn, nice work culture
Great company to work for
Deal Consultant (Current Employee), Home-basedOctober 15, 2013
Pros: telework
Cons: outsourcing
I love that I work from home full time and that very little supervision is needed.
Benefits are very good.
Co-workers are intelligent and knowledgeable.
professional, high efficiency.
Accountant Internship (Former Employee), C19September 14, 2013
• Scanned and checked invoices of accounts payable;
• Reconciled bank statements;
• Only 6 students (377 in total) in accounting department in DUFE got this position.
A Day in the Life of a HP Employee
(HSS) Hardware Support Specialist (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: customers, people
Cons: work/life balance
Maintaing Customers Tier 1 Infrastructure with hardware and firmware updates on a regular basis.
I enjoyed working here
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 28, 2013
Co workers were nice
Learned lots of new things in accounting
Was a temp position
Very poor management
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaJune 13, 2013
Pros: no one
Cons: micromanagement
Micromanaged. No opportunities for advancement and/or learn. Very bad practices like blackmailing the employees in order to make them work more.
Productive yet fun environment, great surrounding, nice cafeteria and dining area & Gym, Halo room and virtual room.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & DEAL MANAGEMENT (Current Employee), Mississauga, ON, CanadaJune 4, 2013
Pros: paid volunteer time - community development and awareness.
Cons: long hours
IT leaders, train you well to get you started, training can last from 1-2 months. Learned SAP, Fusion, Sales force. com, Deal One, TRIM, OSS Sandy, Virtual rooms, Webcasts and company updates, professional development seminars. Management is hands on but often virtual, no micro management. Co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is working from home.
A good environment
Technical Architect III (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAJune 3, 2013
Cons: too much travel, less clientiele on the west coast
I worked for the Information Management Practice. this company known as Knightsbridge was bought over by HP and it became HP's Information Management Practice. I got to work on some of the best technologies in Data Warehousing. I consulted at a lot of companies and learnt a lot of things.
A company that is losing much of its original values.
ITO Service Delivery Consultant III (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 27, 2013
Pros: my voice was heard, team, working from home and the work.
I enjoyed working for HP. The employees and management where a joy to work with. In my years of work there, I went from being a junior Programmer Analyst to managing and directing various Web development teams. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new technologies, trouble shooting issues, seeing my ideas becoming part of the design of projects and being part of a great team of colleagues.
Great global environment
Country Manager - Canada CRM Practice Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2013
Great global environment and team work. very professional people and appropriate business processes.
Great Channel Partners!
HP Partner Business Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2013
Pros: great partners to work with
Work directly with several large channel partners, and all their great sales representatives.
Printers! and phones
Tech-support/Sales (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMarch 22, 2013
Pros: hour lunch, two 15 min break
Cons: sometimes you have to work a few hours late to finish a call
wasnt the favorite job but it wasnt the worst. people phone in angry alot and they hate it when their printer is out of warrenty and you have to tell them its $35 to get help, which is non refundable, and im not aloud to find out what the problem is until they pay. I had a problem with that
professional, well structured company
Business Transformation Leader (Former Employee), London, UKMarch 14, 2013
very creative, good team work, fun, very little pressure...each day is fun day and the opportunity to meet someone famous
dinamic, ethical, professional, flexiable company
Business Transformation Leader (Former Employee), MIlton Keynes, UKMarch 14, 2013
real team work, employees input is valued and taken on board, each employee is accountable for his/her work...no micromanagement. Flexibility in working hours and locations, delivery of objectives is what counts. promoted on merit.
School Training
Computer Assistant Technician (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 22, 2013
Learned troubleshooting of printers, computers, lan drops. My jobs is shadow of Computer tech. Learned good jobs skills under his supervision.

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more