HP Employee Reviews

Network Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2015
The teams at HP work closely to each other and we get the support needed from management. HP is a big company and a huge history behind it.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
no overtime
IT outsourcing made-to-order
IT Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauaga, ontario16 September 2015
A large corporate workforce.
I didn't get to find out much about the company culture as I worded exclusively at the client's headquarters.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Customer Service in an organization that provides challenges and rewards achievement.
CSR & Insurance Processing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 December 2014
I am a highly organized individual with the ability to prioritize to effectively meet all deadlines. My attention to detail and mathematical abilities ensure accurate documentation and record keeping. I am proficient in a wide range of computer programs in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Wed Expressions. I can easily learn new Database programs, and the general procedures of new office environments.
Nice people, lots of history, a bit unorganized for the business being bought, it's trying to change
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2014
There are a few things that I appreciate about Hp, and I can tell the management is trying to do a good job.

Resources wasn't managed well particularly for our product.

A good life/work balance.

Pay was fairly low.
Pros
work life balance, people are in general professional & respectful
Cons
during turnover restructure strategy and implementation wasn't promising for the particular product
Acvheiving results over targets, Always having Mgmt support,customers commendations.
Capacity Customer support Specialist (Former Employee) –  MISSISSAUGA ONT4 February 2015
I have always worked with Great employers, Bell & HP, Loved the work & team players, Most enjoyable part of my Job was to be able t reach out to my Customers, providing exceptional service beyond their expectations with human touch/
Pros
excellent Team/ Mgmt
Cons
SUDDEN OFFICE CLOSURE
Nice people, dead end.
Non-Stop Operations and Incident Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 October 2014
If you want to work for a company that is flexible in terms of work/life balance this is the place for you. However, if you value opportunities to learn, or to progress in your career this may not be the place for you. Performance is not rewarded/recognized very often.
Pros
Friendly people, ease of home/work life balance, benefits, company contributes to RRSP
Cons
Shift work, No raises or bonuses available in past two years
Enterprise Workplace
Human Resource Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, NB12 August 2015
The climate within your Enterprise is different from the rest of the company. There is little offered in terms of opportunities for growth.
Pros
Specified hours
Cons
No flexibility
A perfect place to work
Sales Support Management Coordinator II (ESSN) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2014
Working with HP is a wonderful experience. Day to day encounter with clients, dealers, external and internal stakeholders makes an employee's day exciting. Excellent customer service, time management and team work are the best things I have learned during my stay with HP. Although meeting deadlines are the hardest part of the job, I enjoyed beating due dates by applying the theory of prioritization.
Productive and Fun workplace with Multicultural environment
Ops Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2014
HP work with Government of Alberta
Provide resolution government employee for their routine work with Software, Hardware, account, Profile and many more
Learned to understand the client's request and issue first and provide the resolution
Work under pressure, management help to understand the policy and procedure
Some times it very hard to teach the government employee, especially when client is having less understanding with computer and system
Having fun with communicating different people in Canada
Pros
Every week fun Friday - arranged by fun Friday committee - I am a part of the committee
Cons
eager to spend more time with HP and emplyee
Good place to work but could be much better.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 May 2014
Good working conditions, good pay and benefits. Constantly surveying employees to hear their complaints. Same as most very large companies. Management is very reactive but not many will make decisions. Should have sold off the hardware divisions long ago (like Lenovo) and focus on professional services. Not many happy employees but they are afraid to speak up. High turnover of skilled people. Shifting as much work as possible offshore to reduce costs. HR is almost invisible.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Not very stable in the industry.
Customer care and training
Customer Service Agent- Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Budapest, PE31 January 2014
Basically we had to advise the customer how to use the system and what kind of request type they need to use in order to make sure their request will be completed.
Any issue with the request, or it has been completed incorrectily came back to us, so we had to see with the specialist to change the settings or set ups, installations within the system. Sometimes changes requested, had to be redone with a new request.
For me the additional task was to find time to train the newhires. To provide them all the basic knowledge they need within practice also to help them if still some questions were left. This was kind of a mentoring.
Pros
Exact working hours
Cons
Stressfull users
Interesting place to work at
IT Op's Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  calgary14 November 2013
A typical day at work was busy days when call volume was very high and meeting the SLA with out compromising the efficiency of the service
Lot of learning happened by interacting with clients with a wide range of challenging issues to be resolved
Management was really good,friendly and co-operative
co-workers were awesome and helpful
Hardest part of the job is to handle irate clients
The most enjoyable part of the job is to help clients and provide excellent service
Pros
new challenges every day
A company that is losing much of its original values.
ITO Service Delivery Consultant III (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2013
I enjoyed working for HP. The employees and management where a joy to work with. In my years of work there, I went from being a junior Programmer Analyst to managing and directing various Web development teams. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new technologies, trouble shooting issues, seeing my ideas becoming part of the design of projects and being part of a great team of colleagues.
Pros
My voice was heard, team, working from home and the work.
Productive yet fun environment, great surrounding, nice cafeteria and dining area & Gym, Halo room and virtual room.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & DEAL MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON, Canada4 June 2013
IT leaders, train you well to get you started, training can last from 1-2 months. Learned SAP, Fusion, Sales force. com, Deal One, TRIM, OSS Sandy, Virtual rooms, Webcasts and company updates, professional development seminars. Management is hands on but often virtual, no micro management. Co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is working from home.
Pros
Paid volunteer time - community development and awareness.
Nice to work with HP
Field Technical Support Analyst level 3 (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2012
• Responsible for providing technical support like: installing and updating computer application
And solving problems related to the computer applications.
• Responsible for solving networking problems.
• Responsible for database management and database analysis.
• Responsible for network management including network performance tuning, security monitoring, file server backup, and email server administration.
• Providing help desk support to internal and external clients.
HP Indonesia is really a great place to work
Territory Sales Manager / Retail Channel Manager (Former Employee) –  Indonesia11 October 2012
HP Indonesia helped people to develop their skills and attributes, encouraged employees to improve their skills by giving training that will help the employees to do better in their work. HP Indonesia's open management has given opportunity to employees to express ideas to achieve company goals. I enjoyed being part of HP Indonesia team and valued my colleagues for their hard work and contributions.
A productive day filled with challenges but worth the time and effort.
Web Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 October 2012
It is the kind of company I would like to work and grow with. The challenges for the day are great to make each individual productive and work with all honestly and sincerity. The work varies from web to print materials. They allow you to do things on your own without somebody at your back. Its a great opportunity that I was able to work with HP.
Pros
i can work at home
Cons
Amazing company to work for
Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC21 July 2015
Working at HP has to be the best of both worlds. Both professionalism and personal I most enjoyed working at HP as I was able to grow in my field I was given all the resources I required to perform my job.
Great
Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 October 2015
okay place to work, great work life balance, need to pay higher, management needs to understand different processes. overall okay place to be
I learn many things in this company as fresher
Senior Technical Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Mphasis24 December 2013
It was my first day as fresher in Mphasis. I was in casual dress and all other guys ( my colleague) were in formal dress. They were looking at me like I dont belong to that company. Then My manager came to me and he told me that it is your dress that made them strange. I learned from that day, " be simple when you start your day and show you skill when you start working".