HP Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Customer care and training
Customer Service Agent- Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Budapest, PEJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: exact working hours
Cons: stressfull users
Basically we had to advise the customer how to use the system and what kind of request type they need to use in order to make sure their request will be completed.
Any issue with the request, or it has been completed incorrectily came back to us, so we had to see with the specialist to change the settings or set ups, installations within the system. Sometimes changes requested, had to be redone with a new request.
For me the additional task was to find time to train the newhires. To provide them all the basic knowledge they need within practice also to help them if still some questions were left. This was kind of a mentoring.
Fun work place
Operational Process Management (Current Employee), mississauga, onAugust 19, 2014
A positive individual with the ability to multi-task, easily adapts to changes in the workplace, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. My objective is to make a meaningful contribution towards the success of the organization.
Fun place to work at.
INSIDE SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: open-door policy
Cons: location
HP is a company that cares about their employees well- being. They have good compensation and benefit plans and Job culture is great.
Interesting place to work at
IT Op's Support Analyst (Former Employee), calgaryNovember 14, 2013
Pros: new challenges every day
A typical day at work was busy days when call volume was very high and meeting the SLA with out compromising the efficiency of the service
Lot of learning happened by interacting with clients with a wide range of challenging issues to be resolved
Management was really good,friendly and co-operative
co-workers were awesome and helpful
Hardest part of the job is to handle irate clients
The most enjoyable part of the job is to help clients and provide excellent service
Productive yet fun environment, great surrounding, nice cafeteria and dining area & Gym, Halo room and virtual room.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & DEAL MANAGEMENT (Current Employee), Mississauga, ON, CanadaJune 4, 2013
Pros: paid volunteer time - community development and awareness.
Cons: long hours
IT leaders, train you well to get you started, training can last from 1-2 months. Learned SAP, Fusion, Sales force. com, Deal One, TRIM, OSS Sandy, Virtual rooms, Webcasts and company updates, professional development seminars. Management is hands on but often virtual, no micro management. Co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is working from home.
A company that is losing much of its original values.
ITO Service Delivery Consultant III (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 27, 2013
Pros: my voice was heard, team, working from home and the work.
I enjoyed working for HP. The employees and management where a joy to work with. In my years of work there, I went from being a junior Programmer Analyst to managing and directing various Web development teams. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new technologies, trouble shooting issues, seeing my ideas becoming part of the design of projects and being part of a great team of colleagues.
A productive day filled with challenges but worth the time and effort.
Web Designer/Developer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 9, 2012
Pros: i can work at home
Cons: long hours
It is the kind of company I would like to work and grow with. The challenges for the day are great to make each individual productive and work with all honestly and sincerity. The work varies from web to print materials. They allow you to do things on your own without somebody at your back. Its a great opportunity that I was able to work with HP.
I learn many things in this company as fresher
Senior Technical Support Officer (Former Employee), MphasisDecember 24, 2013
It was my first day as fresher in Mphasis. I was in casual dress and all other guys ( my colleague) were in formal dress. They were looking at me like I dont belong to that company. Then My manager came to me and he told me that it is your dress that made them strange. I learned from that day, " be simple when you start your day and show you skill when you start working".
Good co-workers, a lot of down time.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 30, 2014
Pros: lots of potlucks and social activities, lots of downtime
Cons: repetative work
You get in, sign in to your computer and all your programs and sit and wait for a call. The CSR's who only speak English get a higher volume of calls than the bilingual employees, but they get a higher wage. The calls themselves don't vary greatly, mostly redemption calls (people taking money out of their accounts), address changes, and sometimes odd things like the passing of a bond owner or transferal of money from one account to another. The calls are short, they are only inbound and you are not pressed to reach any certain number, which is good. There is a lot of time for reading or talking with co-workers between calls. The co-workers are all nice and easy to get along with and the management is the same. The hardest part of the job would be the days when you don't get a respite from all the calls but they are few and far between and not all that bad anyway. The most enjoyable part would be the downtime between calls.
either VERY busy, or VERY dull.
Senior SAP Software Administrator (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 21, 2014
Pros: there is a coffee room (with free coffee or tea)
Cons: extended non-paid hours are expected from everyone
A typical day can consist of being very busy or very dull depending upon the day of the month or how active the sales rep may be.
There are continuous changes and learning curves, which encourages you to think outside the box to meet challenges on a daily basis. My co-workers are fabulous and sometimes have out of office events for team building exercises. However the company only treats employees as a number without regard. The hardest part of the job may be the constant changes, so if you are not flexible with improvements, new policies and procedures, ensuring total customer satisfaction is a priority and being able to always keep time management on the top of your list, than this company may not be for you.
Printers! and phones
Tech-support/Sales (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMarch 22, 2013
Pros: hour lunch, two 15 min break
Cons: sometimes you have to work a few hours late to finish a call
wasnt the favorite job but it wasnt the worst. people phone in angry alot and they hate it when their printer is out of warrenty and you have to tell them its $35 to get help, which is non refundable, and im not aloud to find out what the problem is until they pay. I had a problem with that
Data Centre duties
Operations Management (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no opportunity to grow
Dealing with e-mails, conference calls, meetings, client assignments
Learnt many IT related tasks, Hard-drive disposal, IT audits, model consolidation, Client billing.
Very laid-back work environment
Flexible hours/ option to work from home
Excellent place to work
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Interacting with client and resolving hardware related problems, everyday is a learning day, workflow is interesting and team members are excellent.
A good environment
Technical Architect III (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAJune 3, 2013
Cons: too much travel, less clientiele on the west coast
I worked for the Information Management Practice. this company known as Knightsbridge was bought over by HP and it became HP's Information Management Practice. I got to work on some of the best technologies in Data Warehousing. I consulted at a lot of companies and learnt a lot of things.
Great Middle Management, dedicated workforce
IT Solution Architect (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: enterprise vision clarity
Overall good people to work with. Middle and Line Management are dedicated and conscientious. Turmoil and muddy vision affected senior management ranks.
Productive & team work
Technical Support Agent Bilingual (Former Employee), Sudbury, Ontario, CanadaMarch 5, 2012
Pros: raises, on time breaks and lunches, great people to work with, good morale throughout the group.
Cons: losing my job to a bidder
This job was a great place to work at with team work...great trainning and daily pep talks for the day. Help was needed when required for a various amounts of issues with customers.
Productive Fun Work Place
Field Technical Support Rep IV (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2012
Taking care of Incidents or IMACS in the service manager. I learned to upgrade and configure Win 7. The management was very supportive. Liked working with everyone on the team. Most of my job was easy and the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new technology.
dinamic, ethical, professional, flexiable company
Business Transformation Leader (Former Employee), MIlton Keynes, UKMarch 14, 2013
real team work, employees input is valued and taken on board, each employee is accountable for his/her work...no micromanagement. Flexibility in working hours and locations, delivery of objectives is what counts. promoted on merit.
Excellent place for new grads.
Sales Support Management Co-coordinator (Current Employee), MississaugaSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: h
HP is a great company to start with, it believes in training its employees to grow within the company.provides work life balance and has a great work environment
Provides an environment for career growth
Project Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 16, 2012
Provides a wide varity of assignement to allow the best fit for individuals allowing them to grow within their choosen career. Training is made available in various formats from class room to self study. Salary is competative with in the market
Links