HP Employee Reviews in Canada

IT outsourcing made-to-order
IT Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauaga, ontarioSeptember 16, 2015
A large corporate workforce.
I didn't get to find out much about the company culture as I worded exclusively at the client's headquarters.
Pros
good benefits
worked for 15 years
Technical Consultant III (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Like any company, it really depends on the team, manager and customer account.
In the years I worked there I had the best times with great people and had tough customers and tough teams to work with.

In general an OK company to work for but being as large as they have become the ONLY thing that matters in the end is their bottom line. Years of service, dedication, climbing through the ranks etc... do not matter. If they need to cut expenses and can replace you cheaper. Anyone can be released

High work load, work hours 24x7 , 7 days a week
Pros
Good benefits, decent pay
Cons
High work load, 60 hrs plus, work hours 24x7, 7 days a week
Fun and exciting and energetic
Contracts Administrative, HSC Provincial (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2015
It was a fun productive job, manager were great, easy to get along with, co- workers were great, they were always there to help out when needed. There was no hard part at HP, everyday was a learning curve which made this job interesting.
Productive work place with lot of fun
Technical Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 28, 2015
Nice People, Nice Management, and lot of fun. Good Learning and Growth Opportunities. Excellent co-workers and superb environment
Pros
Free Dinner
Used to be a great company
SAP Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  HP CANADAAugust 26, 2015
Over the years, after lots of layoffs, now workload has increased and no additional compensation paid for additional work.
But work from home makes it a great place to work, but if you are overloaded then it works against you as you have no fixed hours of work.
Pros
work from hom
Cons
Long working hours if working for US implementation projects
Enterprise Workplace
Human Resource Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, NBAugust 12, 2015
The climate within your Enterprise is different from the rest of the company. There is little offered in terms of opportunities for growth.
Pros
Specified hours
Cons
No flexibility
Experience working with HP
Project Manager / Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  torontoJuly 30, 2015
Great people to work with - highly charged and intelligent with opportunity to learn new skills and develop relationships.
Fun place to work and a can learn a lot of thngs
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Depot Road SingaporeJuly 22, 2015
Its a place where you can have your own time management, due to the flexibility and give and take culture you can have a lot of extra time to perform not only own duties but other projects, predict machine parts tear off, Uptime improvements. Its a good place to enhance your career. The company is a good place to work and the co-workers are very decent and have a close bond to each other.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Amazing company to work for
Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QCJuly 21, 2015
Working at HP has to be the best of both worlds. Both professionalism and personal I most enjoyed working at HP as I was able to grow in my field I was given all the resources I required to perform my job.
Great Company
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dalian, ChinaJuly 4, 2015
I learned a lots of technology and customer service skills from HP, HP is a amazing company. The people is very nice, manager is so smart, work in HP, you never feel you are alone, a lots of team building and sharing, hope I can come back to this great company in someday.
Work from home
Network Engineer - Data Center (Contract) (Current Employee) –  TorontoJune 19, 2015
Very good experience working with HP. My contract expired but if I get an opportunity in future, I will definitely go for it.
Got a lot of issues resolved
IT Move Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
Worked as a Move technician, This involved upgrade of the hospital legacy equipment including HP computers to newer and faster versions.
Pros
Free lunches on extremely busy days
Good place to work,especially if you're just starting out.
Government of Alberta Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABMay 19, 2015
Friendly people who are always willing to help with a problem.If you show a willingness to learn, you'll be given an opportunity to learn several different skills.

Benefits are pretty good but the pay is well below the industry standard.
Pros
Friendly people and management is quite good
Cons
Pay isn't very good
Amazing place to work for
Contracts Administrator /Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 19, 2015
Work was good and not stressful. No one micromanaging. Ability to work from home.
I learned a lot from working in this environment. My co workers were helpful and so friendly.
I can't even say there was a hard part of the job
Good place to work, got alot to learn new tech
Software QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 14, 2015
good place to work with a great work culture, Very friendly atmosphere at work place.
Good place to learn new technologies and enhance your skills
good
Automation consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 14, 2015
goood company to work for. one of the best technology providers in automation testing, they have great worldwide client base so lots of leanring and growth opportunity
Intellectually enjoyable workplace - interesting client work and excellent community of peers to work with.
Senior Windows Server / VMWare Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 11, 2015
Level 1/2 support is typically handled by off-shore teams, while the on-shore teams concentrate on providing level 3/4 support to the off-shore teams and resolution of more complex technical issues, and managing and completing project level work.
Pros
Peer group extends beyond own client team to persons on other support and engineering teams
Excellent company
Network Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 8, 2015
HP is a good company to work with. Management is respectful and the job environment is excellent. They provide good benefits package and salary.
Work from Home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSMay 7, 2015
Great bonus structure in a work from home setting.
Excellent communication with Management/ Supervisors.
Setting up Customer Accounts/ modifying existing accounts.
Upsale opportunities.
Productive workplace
IT Tech / HP Consultant Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 28, 2015
Day at work is split into 2 sides, remote users and on site users.
I have been supporting users on hardware and software issues.