HP

4.6K reviews

HP Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
OK place to work. Team worker were a good bunch and looked for each others.
Project Manager (Former Employee), OttawaFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: long hours, this is a public high tech company driven by shareholder. so employees are expendable.
Met lots of genuine people and worked in several positions within the company until I started to work from home. Most of the IT jobs have moved overseas.
awesome job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONOctober 5, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: campaign closed
i loved this job. unfortunately the campaign closed i learned how to fix issues people face every day while using the internet. had a great group i worked with. hardest part of my job was issues with computers that i never dealt with before. but the best part of my job was to make someone i never spoke to before happy cause i was able to solve there problems.
Good place to work,especially if you're just starting out.
Government of Alberta Help Desk (Former Employee), Calgary ABMay 19, 2015
Pros: Friendly people and management is quite good
Cons: Pay isn't very good
Friendly people who are always willing to help with a problem.If you show a willingness to learn, you'll be given an opportunity to learn several different skills.

Benefits are pretty good but the pay is well below the industry standard.
Acvheiving results over targets, Always having Mgmt support,customers commendations.
Capacity Customer support Specialist (Former Employee), MISSISSAUGA ONTFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: excellent team/ mgmt
Cons: sudden office closure
I have always worked with Great employers, Bell & HP, Loved the work & team players, Most enjoyable part of my Job was to be able t reach out to my Customers, providing exceptional service beyond their expectations with human touch/
A good environment
Technical Architect III (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAJune 3, 2013
Cons: too much travel, less clientiele on the west coast
I worked for the Information Management Practice. this company known as Knightsbridge was bought over by HP and it became HP's Information Management Practice. I got to work on some of the best technologies in Data Warehousing. I consulted at a lot of companies and learnt a lot of things.
Productive and gave me the opportunity to learn new technology
System Software Engineer VI (Former Employee), TelecommuteSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: innovation
Cons: there is nothing bad about it....
Awesome company to work for, I telecommute the time started and ended at HP. Travel to a lot of places for business delegation and project support. Learned tons of stuff. I wish I had the opportunity to work for HP again.
Productive Fun Work Place
Field Technical Support Rep IV (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2012
Taking care of Incidents or IMACS in the service manager. I learned to upgrade and configure Win 7. The management was very supportive. Liked working with everyone on the team. Most of my job was easy and the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new technology.
Productive & team work
Technical Support Agent Bilingual (Former Employee), Sudbury, Ontario, CanadaMarch 5, 2012
Pros: raises, on time breaks and lunches, great people to work with, good morale throughout the group.
Cons: losing my job to a bidder
This job was a great place to work at with team work...great trainning and daily pep talks for the day. Help was needed when required for a various amounts of issues with customers.
Amazing place to work for
Contracts Administrator /Sales Support (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 19, 2015
Work was good and not stressful. No one micromanaging. Ability to work from home.
I learned a lot from working in this environment. My co workers were helpful and so friendly.
I can't even say there was a hard part of the job
Great Company
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Dalian, ChinaJuly 4, 2015
I learned a lots of technology and customer service skills from HP, HP is a amazing company. The people is very nice, manager is so smart, work in HP, you never feel you are alone, a lots of team building and sharing, hope I can come back to this great company in someday.
No job security
Project Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 24, 2015
Pros: Work from home option
Cons: no job security
Management is good and supportive. But there is not much scope for growth. Salary is decent but can be better. Company has a history of mergers with lot of other companies which results in lot of organizational changes and job/pay cuts.
Good job with big opportunities
Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 5, 2014
Upon request

Help to provide accurate time estimates related to the QA testing cycle.
Meet the scheduled completion dates, and deliver quality products on time.
Develop and enhance the testing methodologies, standards and test effects.
Adhere to current policies and procedures.
Participate in tasks related to the development activity.
Fun and exciting and energetic
Contracts Administrative, HSC Provincial (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2015
It was a fun productive job, manager were great, easy to get along with, co- workers were great, they were always there to help out when needed. There was no hard part at HP, everyday was a learning curve which made this job interesting.
Productive and fun place to work at
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 24, 2014
Working as a Contractor. Joined HP a year ago as a contractor to work for a client. There is always something new to learn and a very friendly environment. Company has an open door policy where you can easily talk to the management
Very well managed company.
Custom Support Account Specialist (Current Employee), Kanata, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: ambiance, friendliness, professionalism
Cons: none to report
I had the opportunity to work with a great team. Interactions with other departments and customers was pleasant.
Although the work load was intense at times, it was manageable and we all helped each other.
Fun work place
Operational Process Management (Current Employee), mississauga, onAugust 19, 2014
A positive individual with the ability to multi-task, easily adapts to changes in the workplace, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. My objective is to make a meaningful contribution towards the success of the organization.
Provides an environment for career growth
Project Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 16, 2012
Provides a wide varity of assignement to allow the best fit for individuals allowing them to grow within their choosen career. Training is made available in various formats from class room to self study. Salary is competative with in the market
Data Centre duties
Operations Management (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no opportunity to grow
Dealing with e-mails, conference calls, meetings, client assignments
Learnt many IT related tasks, Hard-drive disposal, IT audits, model consolidation, Client billing.
Very laid-back work environment
Flexible hours/ option to work from home
dinamic, ethical, professional, flexiable company
Business Transformation Leader (Former Employee), MIlton Keynes, UKMarch 14, 2013
real team work, employees input is valued and taken on board, each employee is accountable for his/her work...no micromanagement. Flexibility in working hours and locations, delivery of objectives is what counts. promoted on merit.
Would recommend to anyone
IPG Specialist (Former Employee), Conway, PEMay 29, 2014
Pros: everythin they do is great
Cons: no cons
HP is a fantastic place to work. With a great benefit package and fantastic management team. The are dedicated to the growth of their employees and word go above and beyond to ensure their success.
Links