HP

HP Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
experienced good team member
software engineer (Current Employee), toronto, onFebruary 3, 2015
About my recent work, most of the days , my work begin with reading letters of cooperating customers with problem resolving. I need to find out what makes it happen with software product preformance log, and with more instructions and steps with the customers , determind whether it's from software product side or from the customer project side. If I find out that the issue is from our software product side , but it's small and only need to adapt to the certain customer, I will modify the codes and rebuild a new version for the custom , at the same time add a project branch for the certain customer. While it's neccessary for our software product to upgrade to handle this kind of situation, I will report to software developer with my suggestions, and work on the codes with them, and finish the following tests with them.
I learnd software developing thinking and skills from this job, and I benefit most from working on the problems with both the developing team and the technical customers, coordinating with both sides and make a project successfully accomplished. So for what I learned most, is to never give up to any problems, and believe it will and can be solved if you put more efforts into it .
I've led a team of 6 for a risk control related project for China Post.
The hardest part of the jobs is the pressure when the problem arises. When I worked in the China Post project and deployed the whole solution in the customer's data center, the database collapsed after hours of running. I worked the whole night with my colleagues to find out the problem. We have tested and altered – more... on the machine and went through the same kind of the posts online to get inspirations. When I in HP, sometimes it's hard to comvince the customer that the problem comes from their part of the codes. I need to add more alert and change the simulator to test as their requirement , at the same time coordinate and give them instructions to the codes that can help with the project. I am always the last one to give up.
To make a project successfully accomplished , to receive their thanks , to report a new bug and suggestion. – less
Great Company! Results oriented
Commercial Business Planning Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarionMay 7, 2012
• Lead long range strategic planning process and prepares summaries for weekly regional strategy dialogue with VPs and core business members to review the business strategy.
• Create and generate presentations for meetings as directed by Executive Management
• Manage complex project coordination and information support for new strategy development on assigned projects as determined by Executive Management
• Complete complex market and business research and competitor analysis
• Conduct complex primary and secondary research to determine customer expectations, market conditions and company image
• Compile and analyze complex data on competitors including: product performance, pricing, financing, sales, marketing and distribution
• Track & Present 9 core weekly reports for high level management:
• Sales in and sales out of PSG’s main products including attach % of Options, year over year growth, and target versus actuals
• Sales out and inventory of HP’s core Distributors
• Smartbuy’s (promo SKUs) sales out and inventory including weeks of supply and percentage of accomplishment versus Quarter targets.
• Track CSP’s sales out versus Quarter targets of 4 main Distributors
• Forecast weeks of supply in units and revenue for the end of Quarter
• Commercial outlook sales out and inventory
• Provide weekly CSP targets to HP’s 4 main distributors (track miss and accomplished targets)
• Commercial weekly summary deck for Head of PSG Canada
• Track Sales out and Inventory levels of promo SKUs for US leads
This company doesn't pay enough for the work we do.
Specialized Support Clerk II (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: favouritism
After 15 years of working, I got laid off. I was one of the workers with the most knowledge and experience working with Canada Savings Bonds. My typical day consisted of answering client letters, calls and e-mails, updating client info, redeeming funds, creating new client plans, updating training manuals, requesting duplicate T5 slips, redeeming RSP funds, assisting the Call Centre, training new employees and refreshing my existing co-workers on case work as required and attending meetings when required. I was also the Direct Deposit Expert and Subject Matter Expert for various case types. I miss the work and my fellow co-workers; they were a fun great bunch! The hardest part of the job was dealing with the most recent Supervisor and Manager because they put people where they want them to be...using favouritism. The company as a whole doesn't know anything about our services and seems to think that in order to save money, they must get rid of their workers, but this will soon get them in trouble because the experienced ones are all retiring or being laid off and the new workers don't have the same knowledge that took years to learn; therefore, customer service will not exist and all the clients will suffer. I've worked in small and big companies and I've learned that the bigger the company, the less they care about their employees...which is too bad because without good employees, you have no company.
Execellent management
Program Manager (Former Employee), montrealSeptember 26, 2012
• Planned the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
• Developed new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
• Developed and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
• Developed an annual budget and operating plan to support the program
• Developed a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the
program and to identify areas for improvement
• Ensured that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
• Ensured that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
• Developed forms and records to document program activities
• Oversaw the collection and maintenance of records on the clients of the program for statistical purposes according to the confidentiality/privacy policy of the organization
• Ensured all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards
• Supervised program staff by providing direction, input and feedback
• Supported for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
• Liaised with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
Job was great and filled with lots to learn each passing day never a dull moment
Asset disposal SME - Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2015
for me a typical day at work i would show up at 7 and work until 5 most days lucky if i took my lunch not because i wasn't allowed but because i would be working so much i sort of forgot to take it.

In my time there i would have to say that i have learned more than i ever could of imagined and was very upset to not be able to stay due to over staffing

Management was amazing. some of the best i've ever had my whole time that i've been working. Very understanding and supportive of the things i wanted to try and learn. encouraging me to take on new projects and how to time manage.

My co-workers made the days go by fast. always having a good time and filled with laughter. couldn't of asked for better.

hardest part of my job was growing and learning all the new things that would change at any given time. but it allowed the days to go by fast and learn lots while doing so.

well i would have to say the whole time that i was there. as being there i enjoyed every day. Some days where harder than others but it still never changed my opinion on it. I would go into work an hour early every day and start working just because i wanted to. my job gave me the excitement that i was always looking for and i wouldn't of changed it for the world.
Good co-workers, a lot of down time.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 30, 2014
Pros: lots of potlucks and social activities, lots of downtime
Cons: repetative work
You get in, sign in to your computer and all your programs and sit and wait for a call. The CSR's who only speak English get a higher volume of calls than the bilingual employees, but they get a higher wage. The calls themselves don't vary greatly, mostly redemption calls (people taking money out of their accounts), address changes, and sometimes odd things like the passing of a bond owner or transferal of money from one account to another. The calls are short, they are only inbound and you are not pressed to reach any certain number, which is good. There is a lot of time for reading or talking with co-workers between calls. The co-workers are all nice and easy to get along with and the management is the same. The hardest part of the job would be the days when you don't get a respite from all the calls but they are few and far between and not all that bad anyway. The most enjoyable part would be the downtime between calls.
Quiet work place with a nice office view
Clerk/Data Entry (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: downtown, quiet, secure, dynamic
Cons: traffic, possible relocation to west end
Working at Hp brings me a lot of experience with fast paced environments. I constantly have to meet deadlines for different duties. I learned to pay attention to details and be accurate when offering a service. A typical day at work is relatively quiet and not a lot of distractions so it's really easy to concentrate. My co-workers became my second family. We help each other a lot and often organize mini games to keep our minds stress free. The hardest part of the job is to keep busy when the work is done in advance. I literally have to create work in order to stay productive. Ex: open letters, respond to e-mails etc... The most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge I get from dealing with all sorts of inquiries. Ex: How to transfer bonds to another name? How to redeem bonds to estates? What type of legal documents is needed?.
either VERY busy, or VERY dull.
Senior SAP Software Administrator (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 21, 2014
Pros: there is a coffee room (with free coffee or tea)
Cons: extended non-paid hours are expected from everyone
A typical day can consist of being very busy or very dull depending upon the day of the month or how active the sales rep may be.
There are continuous changes and learning curves, which encourages you to think outside the box to meet challenges on a daily basis. My co-workers are fabulous and sometimes have out of office events for team building exercises. However the company only treats employees as a number without regard. The hardest part of the job may be the constant changes, so if you are not flexible with improvements, new policies and procedures, ensuring total customer satisfaction is a priority and being able to always keep time management on the top of your list, than this company may not be for you.
Customer care and training
Customer Service Agent- Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Budapest, PEJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: exact working hours
Cons: stressfull users
Basically we had to advise the customer how to use the system and what kind of request type they need to use in order to make sure their request will be completed.
Any issue with the request, or it has been completed incorrectily came back to us, so we had to see with the specialist to change the settings or set ups, installations within the system. Sometimes changes requested, had to be redone with a new request.
For me the additional task was to find time to train the newhires. To provide them all the basic knowledge they need within practice also to help them if still some questions were left. This was kind of a mentoring.
Productive and Fun workplace with Multicultural environment
Ops Support Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 3, 2014
Pros: every week fun friday - arranged by fun friday committee - i am a part of the committee
Cons: eager to spend more time with hp and emplyee
HP work with Government of Alberta
Provide resolution government employee for their routine work with Software, Hardware, account, Profile and many more
Learned to understand the client's request and issue first and provide the resolution
Work under pressure, management help to understand the policy and procedure
Some times it very hard to teach the government employee, especially when client is having less understanding with computer and system
Having fun with communicating different people in Canada
worked for 15 years
Technical Consultant III (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, decent pay
Cons: High work load, 60 hrs plus, work hours 24x7, 7 days a week
Like any company, it really depends on the team, manager and customer account.
In the years I worked there I had the best times with great people and had tough customers and tough teams to work with.

In general an OK company to work for but being as large as they have become the ONLY thing that matters in the end is their bottom line. Years of service, dedication, climbing through the ranks etc... do not matter. If they need to cut expenses and can replace you cheaper. Anyone can be released

High work load, work hours 24x7 , 7 days a week
Productive yet fun environment, great surrounding, nice cafeteria and dining area & Gym, Halo room and virtual room.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & DEAL MANAGEMENT (Current Employee), Mississauga, ON, CanadaJune 4, 2013
Pros: paid volunteer time - community development and awareness.
Cons: long hours
IT leaders, train you well to get you started, training can last from 1-2 months. Learned SAP, Fusion, Sales force. com, Deal One, TRIM, OSS Sandy, Virtual rooms, Webcasts and company updates, professional development seminars. Management is hands on but often virtual, no micro management. Co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is working from home.
Interesting place to work at
IT Op's Support Analyst (Former Employee), calgaryNovember 14, 2013
Pros: new challenges every day
A typical day at work was busy days when call volume was very high and meeting the SLA with out compromising the efficiency of the service
Lot of learning happened by interacting with clients with a wide range of challenging issues to be resolved
Management was really good,friendly and co-operative
co-workers were awesome and helpful
Hardest part of the job is to handle irate clients
The most enjoyable part of the job is to help clients and provide excellent service
A company that is losing much of its original values.
ITO Service Delivery Consultant III (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 27, 2013
Pros: my voice was heard, team, working from home and the work.
I enjoyed working for HP. The employees and management where a joy to work with. In my years of work there, I went from being a junior Programmer Analyst to managing and directing various Web development teams. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new technologies, trouble shooting issues, seeing my ideas becoming part of the design of projects and being part of a great team of colleagues.
Nice people, lots of history, a bit unorganized for the business being bought, it's trying to change
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 13, 2014
Pros: work life balance, people are in general professional & respectful
Cons: during turnover restructure strategy and implementation wasn't promising for the particular product
There are a few things that I appreciate about Hp, and I can tell the management is trying to do a good job.

Resources wasn't managed well particularly for our product.

A good life/work balance.

Pay was fairly low.
A perfect place to work
Sales Support Management Coordinator II (ESSN) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 24, 2014
Working with HP is a wonderful experience. Day to day encounter with clients, dealers, external and internal stakeholders makes an employee's day exciting. Excellent customer service, time management and team work are the best things I have learned during my stay with HP. Although meeting deadlines are the hardest part of the job, I enjoyed beating due dates by applying the theory of prioritization.
Nice people, dead end.
Non-Stop Operations and Incident Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 22, 2014
Pros: friendly people, ease of home/work life balance, benefits, company contributes to rrsp
Cons: shift work, no raises or bonuses available in past two years
If you want to work for a company that is flexible in terms of work/life balance this is the place for you. However, if you value opportunities to learn, or to progress in your career this may not be the place for you. Performance is not rewarded/recognized very often.
A productive day filled with challenges but worth the time and effort.
Web Designer/Developer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 9, 2012
Pros: i can work at home
Cons: long hours
It is the kind of company I would like to work and grow with. The challenges for the day are great to make each individual productive and work with all honestly and sincerity. The work varies from web to print materials. They allow you to do things on your own without somebody at your back. Its a great opportunity that I was able to work with HP.
I learn many things in this company as fresher
Senior Technical Support Officer (Former Employee), MphasisDecember 24, 2013
It was my first day as fresher in Mphasis. I was in casual dress and all other guys ( my colleague) were in formal dress. They were looking at me like I dont belong to that company. Then My manager came to me and he told me that it is your dress that made them strange. I learned from that day, " be simple when you start your day and show you skill when you start working".
awesome job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONOctober 5, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: campaign closed
i loved this job. unfortunately the campaign closed i learned how to fix issues people face every day while using the internet. had a great group i worked with. hardest part of my job was issues with computers that i never dealt with before. but the best part of my job was to make someone i never spoke to before happy cause i was able to solve there problems.
Links