HP Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Job Security is cause for concern
SAP Basis Consultant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 26, 2016
Pros: Opportunites in a veriety of SAP environments
Cons: Job longevity is a real concern for North American talent.
HPE continues to be very focused on "Best"-Shoring. Shipping jobs offshore causes employee morale to deteriorate. Opportunity for working in a variety of technical environments is a big plus.
Fun workplace
ABM Technical Support (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 12, 2016
Working for HP made you think proactively, and efficiently on a daily basis. Ive learned customer service and attending to ones needs are above anything else. I wwas surrounded by wonderful eople and it made working here really great
good experience in the job where every one is optimistic and ready to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 28, 2016
Pros: new friends/more experience/free lunches
Cons: more work to finish
My typical day at work was fun and I actually enjoyed going to work and learning new things every day. Interacting with others and getting to know them,and I learnt how to go by understanding customer needs and to give them what they are comfortable with and looking for. I really diden't have any hard parts in my job which was really pleasing for me.
rolling full speed downhill
Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: long hours, top level management with no vision, wrong strategy, low quality.
stay away and don't touch with 10 feet pole. HP is in process of laying off all experienced workers and moving all work offshore with major impact on enterprise customers. Cutting corners at every opportunity. Middle management jumping ships in a bid to leave before being fired.
Customer Service Representative (Technical) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 3, 2016
Pros: Good Medical Coverage
Cons: Not enough employee
Most enjoyable part of the job is facing different challenge every day. The hardest part of the job is heavy work load............
Undergoing major changes with company breakup.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Benefits are good.
Cons: Long hours. Shortage of Work.
Expectations are demanding and workloads have increased due to staff cutbacks. Focus on offshore engagement for revenue savings.
Good Company
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Good Place to work, Salary benefits are good, work from home option is available, they provide lot of internal training's to enhance the skillset
Access to largers global HP
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Long hours
Long hours and on-call evenings
Reduction in salary and total compensation
Poor integration between HP and EDS at time of merger
Communication strategy vague
Productive but unpredictable
Sr. Technical Analyst - IMAC (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 10, 2015
Pros: open communication
Cons: Unpredictable management
Typical day consisted of handling internal customer requests, hardware and software configuration, network administration, system administration and IMAC support.
My department is not supported in HP
Senior Business Services Consultant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 9, 2015
I belong to a small insurance software company that was bought by EDS which in turn was bought by HP. My unit did not receive support from HP as it was not its mainstream business so it was left to crumble. In the end, the software that the unit developed and sold to quite a number of insurance companies were left with HP's India unit.
An employee friendly, fair work place
Project/Business Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 7, 2015
My tenure with HP had been truly amazing. I was fortunate enough to always be surrounded with fair management, helpful colleagues and ample opportunities to grown inside the company.
Have very supportive manaagement
Senior Application Analyst/Developer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 5, 2015
Managers are open encourage learning and asks for feed back on how they are doing, they really make you included in their decision making instead of simply handing you tasks.
I appreciate the values and culture in HP.
Project Manager (Current Employee), PhilippinesNovember 13, 2015
Nice place to work in. I have the potential to grow in HP as an employee and individual. Works are challenging and exciting.
Good company suffering from cutbacks
Warehouse Administrator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: slow paced, detail oriented
Cons: slow paced, not enough work to go around
Job was enjoyable.

Very slow at times, I can see why contract positions would come and go. The work was very sporadic but when it rained it poured.

Morning, receiving product to store, coffee, completing the build on computers or prepare product to ship

Afternoon lunch,Receiving product to store continue shipping orders or building orders

Early evening, Wrap up shipping and send out orders
Senior Manager
o District Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 2, 2015
I was the first Canadian Manager promoted to manage a North American district with service locations located throughout both Canada and the United States.
Good working environment
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioOctober 21, 2015
Pros: Short Commute
Cons: Too much travelling
Project Management, budgeting and forecasting, training others, financial analysis, preparing training materials, systems specialist
awesome job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONOctober 5, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: campaign closed
i loved this job. unfortunately the campaign closed i learned how to fix issues people face every day while using the internet. had a great group i worked with. hardest part of my job was issues with computers that i never dealt with before. but the best part of my job was to make someone i never spoke to before happy cause i was able to solve there problems.
Great
Technology Consultant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2015
okay place to work, great work life balance, need to pay higher, management needs to understand different processes. overall okay place to be
Network Security Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: no overtime
The teams at HP work closely to each other and we get the support needed from management. HP is a big company and a huge history behind it.
It was great working for HP Canada
Storage Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ON CanadaSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Not able to meet colleagues and was home bound
Working with HP Canada as Storage Consultant in Backup & DR capability with primary focus of coordination and implementation of Backup Projects, management of escalated incidents, expansion of existing infrastructure and reporting on metrics to facilitate billing and SLA management.
Links