HP

4.6K reviews

HP Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Undergoing major changes with company breakup.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Benefits are good.
Cons: Long hours. Shortage of Work.
Expectations are demanding and workloads have increased due to staff cutbacks. Focus on offshore engagement for revenue savings.
Good Company
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Good Place to work, Salary benefits are good, work from home option is available, they provide lot of internal training's to enhance the skillset
Access to largers global HP
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Long hours
Long hours and on-call evenings
Reduction in salary and total compensation
Poor integration between HP and EDS at time of merger
Communication strategy vague
Productive but unpredictable
Sr. Technical Analyst - IMAC (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 10, 2015
Pros: open communication
Cons: Unpredictable management
Typical day consisted of handling internal customer requests, hardware and software configuration, network administration, system administration and IMAC support.
Have very supportive manaagement
Senior Application Analyst/Developer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 5, 2015
Managers are open encourage learning and asks for feed back on how they are doing, they really make you included in their decision making instead of simply handing you tasks.
I appreciate the values and culture in HP.
Project Manager (Current Employee), PhilippinesNovember 13, 2015
Nice place to work in. I have the potential to grow in HP as an employee and individual. Works are challenging and exciting.
Senior Manager
o District Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 2, 2015
I was the first Canadian Manager promoted to manage a North American district with service locations located throughout both Canada and the United States.
awesome job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONOctober 5, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: campaign closed
i loved this job. unfortunately the campaign closed i learned how to fix issues people face every day while using the internet. had a great group i worked with. hardest part of my job was issues with computers that i never dealt with before. but the best part of my job was to make someone i never spoke to before happy cause i was able to solve there problems.
Great
Technology Consultant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2015
okay place to work, great work life balance, need to pay higher, management needs to understand different processes. overall okay place to be
IT outsourcing made-to-order
IT Operations Manager (Former Employee), Mississauaga, ontarioSeptember 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: Long hours
A large corporate workforce.
I didn't get to find out much about the company culture as I worded exclusively at the client's headquarters.
worked for 15 years
Technical Consultant III (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, decent pay
Cons: High work load, 60 hrs plus, work hours 24x7, 7 days a week
Like any company, it really depends on the team, manager and customer account.
In the years I worked there I had the best times with great people and had tough customers and tough teams to work with.

In general an OK company to work for but being as large as they have become the ONLY thing that matters in the end is their bottom line. Years of service, dedication, climbing through the ranks etc... do not matter. If they need to cut expenses and can replace you cheaper. Anyone can be released

High work load, work hours 24x7 , 7 days a week
Fun and exciting and energetic
Contracts Administrative, HSC Provincial (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2015
It was a fun productive job, manager were great, easy to get along with, co- workers were great, they were always there to help out when needed. There was no hard part at HP, everyday was a learning curve which made this job interesting.
Productive work place with lot of fun
Technical Test Lead (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Free Dinner
Nice People, Nice Management, and lot of fun. Good Learning and Growth Opportunities. Excellent co-workers and superb environment
Amazing company to work for
Case Specialist (Former Employee), Kirkland, QCJuly 21, 2015
Working at HP has to be the best of both worlds. Both professionalism and personal I most enjoyed working at HP as I was able to grow in my field I was given all the resources I required to perform my job.
Great Company
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Dalian, ChinaJuly 4, 2015
I learned a lots of technology and customer service skills from HP, HP is a amazing company. The people is very nice, manager is so smart, work in HP, you never feel you are alone, a lots of team building and sharing, hope I can come back to this great company in someday.
Work from home
Network Engineer - Data Center (Contract) (Current Employee), TorontoJune 19, 2015
Very good experience working with HP. My contract expired but if I get an opportunity in future, I will definitely go for it.
Got a lot of issues resolved
IT Move Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunches on extremely busy days
Worked as a Move technician, This involved upgrade of the hospital legacy equipment including HP computers to newer and faster versions.
Good place to work,especially if you're just starting out.
Government of Alberta Help Desk (Former Employee), Calgary ABMay 19, 2015
Pros: Friendly people and management is quite good
Cons: Pay isn't very good
Friendly people who are always willing to help with a problem.If you show a willingness to learn, you'll be given an opportunity to learn several different skills.

Benefits are pretty good but the pay is well below the industry standard.
Amazing place to work for
Contracts Administrator /Sales Support (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 19, 2015
Work was good and not stressful. No one micromanaging. Ability to work from home.
I learned a lot from working in this environment. My co workers were helpful and so friendly.
I can't even say there was a hard part of the job
Good place to work, got alot to learn new tech
Software QA Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 14, 2015
good place to work with a great work culture, Very friendly atmosphere at work place.
Good place to learn new technologies and enhance your skills
Links