HP

HP Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great place to be
QA Lead (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Working with HP has been memorable and interesting. The company culture is great and provides employee's the flexibility. I would recommend this company to anyone who want to pursue a career in IT.
Not a bad place to work
Technology Consultant I (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: oppertunity to learn
Cons: benifits
Work environment is OK. lot of layoffs due to outsourcing..... not a healthy place to work for long term. Co-workers are friendly.
benifits aren't that great.
Acvheiving results over targets, Always having Mgmt support,customers commendations.
Capacity Customer support Specialist (Former Employee), MISSISSAUGA ONTFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: excellent team/ mgmt
Cons: sudden office closure
I have always worked with Great employers, Bell & HP, Loved the work & team players, Most enjoyable part of my Job was to be able t reach out to my Customers, providing exceptional service beyond their expectations with human touch/
experienced good team member
software engineer (Current Employee), toronto, onFebruary 3, 2015
About my recent work, most of the days , my work begin with reading letters of cooperating customers with problem resolving. I need to find out what makes it happen with software product preformance log, and with more instructions and steps with the customers , determind whether it's from software product side or from the customer project side. If I find out that the issue is from our software product side , but it's small and only need to adapt to the certain customer, I will modify the codes and rebuild a new version for the custom , at the same time add a project branch for the certain customer. While it's neccessary for our software product to upgrade to handle this kind of situation, I will report to software developer with my suggestions, and work on the codes with them, and finish the following tests with them.
I learnd software developing thinking and skills from this job, and I benefit most from working on the problems with both the developing team and the technical customers, coordinating with both sides and make a project successfully accomplished. So for what I learned most, is to never give up to any problems, and believe it will and can be solved if you put more efforts into it .
I've led a team of 6 for a risk control related project for China Post.
The hardest part of the jobs is the pressure when the problem arises. When I worked in the China Post project and deployed the whole solution in the customer's data center, the database collapsed after hours of running. I worked the whole night with my colleagues to find out the problem. We have tested and altered – more... on the machine and went through the same kind of the posts online to get inspirations. When I in HP, sometimes it's hard to comvince the customer that the problem comes from their part of the codes. I need to add more alert and change the simulator to test as their requirement , at the same time coordinate and give them instructions to the codes that can help with the project. I am always the last one to give up.
To make a project successfully accomplished , to receive their thanks , to report a new bug and suggestion. – less
OK place to work. Team worker were a good bunch and looked for each others.
Project Manager (Former Employee), OttawaFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: long hours, this is a public high tech company driven by shareholder. so employees are expendable.
Met lots of genuine people and worked in several positions within the company until I started to work from home. Most of the IT jobs have moved overseas.
Job was great and filled with lots to learn each passing day never a dull moment
Asset disposal SME - Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2015
for me a typical day at work i would show up at 7 and work until 5 most days lucky if i took my lunch not because i wasn't allowed but because i would be working so much i sort of forgot to take it.

In my time there i would have to say that i have learned more than i ever could of imagined and was very upset to not be able to stay due to over staffing

Management was amazing. some of the best i've ever had my whole time that i've been working. Very understanding and supportive of the things i wanted to try and learn. encouraging me to take on new projects and how to time manage.

My co-workers made the days go by fast. always having a good time and filled with laughter. couldn't of asked for better.

hardest part of my job was growing and learning all the new things that would change at any given time. but it allowed the days to go by fast and learn lots while doing so.

well i would have to say the whole time that i was there. as being there i enjoyed every day. Some days where harder than others but it still never changed my opinion on it. I would go into work an hour early every day and start working just because i wanted to. my job gave me the excitement that i was always looking for and i wouldn't of changed it for the world.
Fun place to work at.
INSIDE SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: open-door policy
Cons: location
HP is a company that cares about their employees well- being. They have good compensation and benefit plans and Job culture is great.
Excellent place to work
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Interacting with client and resolving hardware related problems, everyday is a learning day, workflow is interesting and team members are excellent.
Good co-workers, a lot of down time.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 30, 2014
Pros: lots of potlucks and social activities, lots of downtime
Cons: repetative work
You get in, sign in to your computer and all your programs and sit and wait for a call. The CSR's who only speak English get a higher volume of calls than the bilingual employees, but they get a higher wage. The calls themselves don't vary greatly, mostly redemption calls (people taking money out of their accounts), address changes, and sometimes odd things like the passing of a bond owner or transferal of money from one account to another. The calls are short, they are only inbound and you are not pressed to reach any certain number, which is good. There is a lot of time for reading or talking with co-workers between calls. The co-workers are all nice and easy to get along with and the management is the same. The hardest part of the job would be the days when you don't get a respite from all the calls but they are few and far between and not all that bad anyway. The most enjoyable part would be the downtime between calls.
Productive and fun place to work at
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 24, 2014
Working as a Contractor. Joined HP a year ago as a contractor to work for a client. There is always something new to learn and a very friendly environment. Company has an open door policy where you can easily talk to the management
Under restructuring stress
PMO Lead, HP Enterprise Services (Current Employee), Toronto, CanadaNovember 23, 2014
Pros: telecommute
Cons: salaries, lack of job security
The company recently split and is undergoing internal restructuring.
Nice people, lots of history, a bit unorganized for the business being bought, it's trying to change
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 13, 2014
Pros: work life balance, people are in general professional & respectful
Cons: during turnover restructure strategy and implementation wasn't promising for the particular product
There are a few things that I appreciate about Hp, and I can tell the management is trying to do a good job.

Resources wasn't managed well particularly for our product.

A good life/work balance.

Pay was fairly low.
n/a
Account Operations Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 24, 2014
good company
I don't want to provide any details at this time
Awesome
Lead Volunteer Organizer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 24, 2014
I had an awesome experience!!!!
Managing multiple projects, management was very supportive.
Strong team structure
Catalog Migration Lead and SME (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 24, 2014
Pros: telecommuting - work from home
Cons: no job security or benefits
Working closely with migration teams to resolve daily challenges
Nice people, dead end.
Non-Stop Operations and Incident Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 22, 2014
Pros: friendly people, ease of home/work life balance, benefits, company contributes to rrsp
Cons: shift work, no raises or bonuses available in past two years
If you want to work for a company that is flexible in terms of work/life balance this is the place for you. However, if you value opportunities to learn, or to progress in your career this may not be the place for you. Performance is not rewarded/recognized very often.
Productive and gave me the opportunity to learn new technology
System Software Engineer VI (Former Employee), TelecommuteSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: innovation
Cons: there is nothing bad about it....
Awesome company to work for, I telecommute the time started and ended at HP. Travel to a lot of places for business delegation and project support. Learned tons of stuff. I wish I had the opportunity to work for HP again.
Quiet work place with a nice office view
Clerk/Data Entry (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: downtown, quiet, secure, dynamic
Cons: traffic, possible relocation to west end
Working at Hp brings me a lot of experience with fast paced environments. I constantly have to meet deadlines for different duties. I learned to pay attention to details and be accurate when offering a service. A typical day at work is relatively quiet and not a lot of distractions so it's really easy to concentrate. My co-workers became my second family. We help each other a lot and often organize mini games to keep our minds stress free. The hardest part of the job is to keep busy when the work is done in advance. I literally have to create work in order to stay productive. Ex: open letters, respond to e-mails etc... The most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge I get from dealing with all sorts of inquiries. Ex: How to transfer bonds to another name? How to redeem bonds to estates? What type of legal documents is needed?.
Very well managed company.
Custom Support Account Specialist (Current Employee), Kanata, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: ambiance, friendliness, professionalism
Cons: none to report
I had the opportunity to work with a great team. Interactions with other departments and customers was pleasant.
Although the work load was intense at times, it was manageable and we all helped each other.
Great Middle Management, dedicated workforce
IT Solution Architect (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: enterprise vision clarity
Overall good people to work with. Middle and Line Management are dedicated and conscientious. Turmoil and muddy vision affected senior management ranks.

1 2 3 4

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more