HP
3,911 reviews

HP Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work from home
Network Engineer - Data Center (Contract) (Current Employee), TorontoJune 19, 2015
Very good experience working with HP. My contract expired but if I get an opportunity in future, I will definitely go for it.
Got a lot of issues resolved
IT Move Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunches on extremely busy days
Worked as a Move technician, This involved upgrade of the hospital legacy equipment including HP computers to newer and faster versions.
Good place to work,especially if you're just starting out.
Government of Alberta Help Desk (Former Employee), Calgary ABMay 19, 2015
Pros: Friendly people and management is quite good
Cons: Pay isn't very good
Friendly people who are always willing to help with a problem.If you show a willingness to learn, you'll be given an opportunity to learn several different skills.

Benefits are pretty good but the pay is well below the industry standard.
Amazing place to work for
Contracts Administrator /Sales Support (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 19, 2015
Work was good and not stressful. No one micromanaging. Ability to work from home.
I learned a lot from working in this environment. My co workers were helpful and so friendly.
I can't even say there was a hard part of the job
Good place to work, got alot to learn new tech
Software QA Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 14, 2015
good place to work with a great work culture, Very friendly atmosphere at work place.
Good place to learn new technologies and enhance your skills
good
Automation consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 14, 2015
goood company to work for. one of the best technology providers in automation testing, they have great worldwide client base so lots of leanring and growth opportunity
No job security
Project Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 24, 2015
Pros: Work from home option
Cons: no job security
Management is good and supportive. But there is not much scope for growth. Salary is decent but can be better. Company has a history of mergers with lot of other companies which results in lot of organizational changes and job/pay cuts.
HP has good work life balance
Service developer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 15, 2015
HP has good work life balance, flexible WFH policy for years and then they are trying to remove it. But it's getting too big, hard to link my job to the company's strategy.
Hp
Service Desk Analyst -=- Health Canda (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 12, 2015
But It's a great job.
one of the best company i worked with
Global Service Delivery Specialist (Current Employee), mississugaMarch 5, 2015
HP is very well organized in their process and give less stress to their employees very much concerned in each and every aspect of the employee and you feel secure
A great place to be
QA Lead (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Working with HP has been memorable and interesting. The company culture is great and provides employee's the flexibility. I would recommend this company to anyone who want to pursue a career in IT.
Not a bad place to work
Technology Consultant I (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: oppertunity to learn
Cons: benifits
Work environment is OK. lot of layoffs due to outsourcing..... not a healthy place to work for long term. Co-workers are friendly.
benifits aren't that great.
Acvheiving results over targets, Always having Mgmt support,customers commendations.
Capacity Customer support Specialist (Former Employee), MISSISSAUGA ONTFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: excellent team/ mgmt
Cons: sudden office closure
I have always worked with Great employers, Bell & HP, Loved the work & team players, Most enjoyable part of my Job was to be able t reach out to my Customers, providing exceptional service beyond their expectations with human touch/
experienced good team member
software engineer (Current Employee), toronto, onFebruary 3, 2015
About my recent work, most of the days , my work begin with reading letters of cooperating customers with problem resolving. I need to find out what makes it happen with software product preformance log, and with more instructions and steps with the customers , determind whether it's from software product side or from the customer project side. If I find out that the issue is from our software product side , but it's small and only need to adapt to the certain customer, I will modify the codes and rebuild a new version for the custom , at the same time add a project branch for the certain customer. – more... While it's neccessary for our software product to upgrade to handle this kind of situation, I will report to software developer with my suggestions, and work on the codes with them, and finish the following tests with them.
I learnd software developing thinking and skills from this job, and I benefit most from working on the problems with both the developing team and the technical customers, coordinating with both sides and make a project successfully accomplished. So for what I learned most, is to never give up to any problems, and believe it will and can be solved if you put more efforts into it .
I've led a team of 6 for a risk control related project for China Post.
The hardest part of the jobs is the pressure when the problem arises. When I worked in the China Post project and deployed the whole solution in the customer's data center, the database collapsed after hours of running. I worked the whole night with my colleagues to find out the problem. We have tested and altered on the machine and went through the same kind of the posts online to get inspirations. When I in HP, sometimes it's hard to comvince the customer that the problem comes from their part of the codes. I need to add more alert and change the simulator to test as their requirement , at the same time coordinate and give them instructions to the codes that can help with the project. I am always the last one to give up.
To make a project successfully accomplished , to receive their thanks , to report a new bug and suggestion. – less
OK place to work. Team worker were a good bunch and looked for each others.
Project Manager (Former Employee), OttawaFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: long hours, this is a public high tech company driven by shareholder. so employees are expendable.
Met lots of genuine people and worked in several positions within the company until I started to work from home. Most of the IT jobs have moved overseas.
Job was great and filled with lots to learn each passing day never a dull moment
Asset disposal SME - Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2015
for me a typical day at work i would show up at 7 and work until 5 most days lucky if i took my lunch not because i wasn't allowed but because i would be working so much i sort of forgot to take it.

In my time there i would have to say that i have learned more than i ever could of imagined and was very upset to not be able to stay due to over staffing

Management was amazing. some of the best i've ever had my whole time that i've been working. Very understanding and supportive of the things i wanted to try and learn. encouraging me to take on new projects and how to time manage.

My co-workers – more... made the days go by fast. always having a good time and filled with laughter. couldn't of asked for better.

hardest part of my job was growing and learning all the new things that would change at any given time. but it allowed the days to go by fast and learn lots while doing so.

well i would have to say the whole time that i was there. as being there i enjoyed every day. Some days where harder than others but it still never changed my opinion on it. I would go into work an hour early every day and start working just because i wanted to. my job gave me the excitement that i was always looking for and i wouldn't of changed it for the world. – less
Fun place to work at.
INSIDE SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: open-door policy
Cons: location
HP is a company that cares about their employees well- being. They have good compensation and benefit plans and Job culture is great.
Excellent place to work
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Interacting with client and resolving hardware related problems, everyday is a learning day, workflow is interesting and team members are excellent.
Good co-workers, a lot of down time.
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 30, 2014
Pros: lots of potlucks and social activities, lots of downtime
Cons: repetative work
You get in, sign in to your computer and all your programs and sit and wait for a call. The CSR's who only speak English get a higher volume of calls than the bilingual employees, but they get a higher wage. The calls themselves don't vary greatly, mostly redemption calls (people taking money out of their accounts), address changes, and sometimes odd things like the passing of a bond owner or transferal of money from one account to another. The calls are short, they are only inbound and you are not pressed to reach any certain number, which is good. There is a lot of time for reading or talking with co-workers between calls. The co-workers are all nice and easy to get along with and the management is the same. The hardest part of the job would be the days when you don't get a respite from all the calls but they are few and far between and not all that bad anyway. The most enjoyable part would be the downtime between calls.
Productive and fun place to work at
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 24, 2014
Working as a Contractor. Joined HP a year ago as a contractor to work for a client. There is always something new to learn and a very friendly environment. Company has an open door policy where you can easily talk to the management

1 2 3 4 5

About HP

Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, – Read more