HP Employee Reviews

Professional and engaging place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2017
I worked as the permanent part time receptionist, HP was a wonderful place to work. The people were awesome, and the work was good. I left because I needed a full time position.
Great place to work.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2017
Great place to work, I enjoyed my 13 years here. Management was very fair. Work efforts were appreciated and rewarded. People were treated fairly and with respect.
Very good company
Senior Manager, Strategy and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2017
I don't have anything bad to say about this company. Even when they laid me off they treated me with respect and handled it in the most professional manner possible.
Pros
Good career opportunties
Cons
Lay offs seem to be regular
Superb manager to work for
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Telework15 August 2017
Excellent environment to work in. Manager is quite cooperative and share the same values and interests as members of his team.
Manager advocates telecommuting which I strong agree.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is a strong collaboration among cross platform teams to resolve severity 1 issues so you're never stressed in thinking that you have to go it alone!

The hardest part of the job is that you have to be on an on call rotation schedule which can sometimes mess up your sleep.
Pros
Having a supportive team behind you during difficult situations
Cons
Having to be flexible to work when called upon
Excelent Company
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2017
Nice place to work, excellent environment, a lot of stress and fun. Great base of Clients. You can work from anywhere. Very big company. A lot of changes with the spin-off companies (DXC and HPE)
Pros
A top 10 Company in the world
Cons
Lot of downsizing
Bad Manager can ruin it
Partner Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 July 2017
Life was great, HP is a good company, good people. Things are looking good. I'm just leaving because i got doublecrossed by my manager who isn't and never was willing to fight for me at all.
Pros
Good Leadership
Cons
they keep bad people too long
Always interacting weather learing new infor about the job or with staff
Incident Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 July 2017
a day to day operations would be to review and update tickets , answer calls from Branch staff / Vendor and assist in any way possible to correct issue at hand. Management was available either on site or through mobile , and online . Atmosphere at the work place was typical office environment. the best art of the job was daily interaction with staff.
Excellent place to work
Software Developer and Testing Intern (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA25 June 2017
HP company has Excellent work environment and work culture. The best part of the job is the co-operative teams you work with. I had worked with HP for 1 year at Palo Alto office designing and developing software components for HP. It was great working with the team and had an excellent manager.
Advancement is limited
Network Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 May 2017
Great place to get your feet wet in the IT industry. Great to get experience but limited career advancement and training. Work long hours without real compensation.
QA Lead
QA Lead / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2017
Enjoyed work at HP. Very friendly and had work life balance. However, this was changed with restructuring of the company. Lot of learning opportunities but not much career growth.
Productive and Informative Workplace
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pantnagar17 May 2017
Busy in Preparing Documnetation , Testing , Training Staffs on Shopfloor . learned a lot during my tenure on various manufacturing processes . Management was superb with lots of support .
As such nothing was so hard but just to be in the manfacturing areas it wasnt so easy to manage . enjoyed a lot with different teams learning from them on their various processes and works .
Pros
free lunces, Transportations
Would not recommend this company
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2017
I would not recommend that anyone work for this company. They do not consider employee's input and do whatever they want. My position was off-shored without me ever being told about it until a week before they let me go.
awsome
MPS Tech CE delivery specialist. Tasks (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 April 2017
typical day as a tech is good, i fix copiers and printers in an mps environment, the only thing is were i am at there is no room to grow, they people i work for are very nice and pleasant
Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 April 2017
The last 3 years with HP was not pleasant, long hours no rewards either professionally or financial, constant layoffs with no regards to the clients we are contracted to support.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Baseball after work
Biomedical Equipment Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2017
It is nice place to work at, job security and friendly coworkers.

You can take your time and learn new things because you always have extra free time.
Pros
Some travel
Cons
Working alone
back and forth corporate messaging
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 April 2017
constant change was a challenge and always lots of uncertainty in the future of the company. Seemed like this was business as usual to the folks that were still there after many cost cutting initiatives.

hopefully they can turn it around
Great people
Service/Account Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2017
I found the work and environment pleasant and the people were extremely courteous.
Good company to work with and they looked after their people well.
Like working from home
Senior Business/Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 February 2017
Decent Work Life Balance, The Culture is not the greatest from where I worked before.
The Salary is comparable to other organizations.
I would work for HP again
Life at HP
CSM - (PPS) Western & Central Canada (Current Employee) –  Calgary14 February 2017
I have worked for HP for the past 9 years and although I truly enjoy my role and working for the company, there does not seem to be advancement opportunities for me to possibly relocate or take on other roles.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
limited room for advancement
Good work and family life balance
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 January 2017
Good internal training programs.
Ability to work on projects remotely from home allowed me to balance work and family.
Pros
working from home
Cons
no job security even after many years of employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval