Infrastructure Security Consultant-1121535 - 75% Travel
Located in: Toronto
Language: English Fluent/French Fluency preferred
Strong Firewall experience Required
Overview: Infrastructure Security Consultant– this role is for a consultant to join the already established infrastructure security team and expand both its capabilities and meet the increasing resourcing challenges of the business as a whole.
HP Enterprise Services aspires to be a strategic partner in helping our more than 1,000 business and government clients in 90 countries better serve their customers and citizens. We work to overcome their IT challenges, collaborating to make technology work for them, anytime and anywhere. To make it matter, so they can achieve more. With a dedication to quality and innovation, we deliver IT consulting, systems integration, and applications development. Enterprises can also outsource IT functions and management to us in areas like infrastructure and business processes. These efforts enable organizations to take the best advantage of cloud computing, information optimization and enhanced security measures to achieve their goals.
Infrastructure Security Consultant required to work on and lead major projects for customers. We are seeking an innovative and motivated Consultant who under general direction with a high level of autonomy, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to perform the necessary tasks related to the development of enterprise security solutions to meet the customer's requirement.
The Consultant will be required to work on multiple client accounts and must have the ability to develop and present secure solutions to leadership and technical teams. In addition the Security Consultant will be required to lead and assess risks imposed by technical solutions and advise clients of security standards, best practices and solutions to address risk.
1. Play a lead role in the delivery of consultancy services for HP Enterprise Security Services, maintaining quality and customer satisfaction. This is a mobile role, typically:
· Develops solutions and technically lead their implementation at customer locations
· Works with team of HP Accounts to develop/maintain Security Solutions, either co-located with the account team or working remotely, dependent upon the requirements and working practices of the account.
· Working closely with Customer's Security Team to develop Security Solutions, either at customer location or remotely dependent upon the customer's requirements and preferred working practices.
2. Provide assistance and support on security issues to sales and other team members as required to achieve overall benefits for the delivery of services to the customer and company as a whole. Share technical knowledge and experiences.
3. Gain and maintain a working knowledge of the HP Portfolio of Security Products and Services.
4. Promote the HP Portfolio of Security Products and Services with the customer, positioning best fit solutions that meet/enhance their Security Strategy and reduce risk.
5. Gain and maintain a high level knowledge of the Security Aspects of the general HP Portfolio Products/Service.
6. Continually review and enhance existing knowledge of the security aspects of common product sets and technologies.
7. To provide 'soft' consultancy skills and a proactive approach to gain the absolute trust of our customers.
8. Support and encourage consultancy team personnel
9. Participate in providing mentoring support and guidance to team members to help grow skills and capabilities.
10. Expect up to or greater than 80% travel
- Responsible for developing, designing and delivering infrastructure security solutions for enterprise customers across a breadth of commercial industries.
- Regularly leads the development and delivery of solutions to the customer.
- Coordinates implementation of new solutions, designs, and migrations for solutions across regional and global infrastructures.
- Provides business and technical consulting to customers in order to ensure that solutions align across the organization’s requirements
- Engages in problem solving across business, operations, compliance and IT; often needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation.
- Actively grows HP portfolio with existing customers through new opportunities and change management.
- Assists with multiple customers engagements simultaneously.
- Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives.
- Sustained and consistent contribution both within the global Infrastructure Security Services practice and across the Americas Security Consulting group.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HP's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Hewlett-Packard is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Proven track record with deploying infrastructure security solutions onsite across a broad range of commercial customers and market verticals is a must.
- Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to design and scope multiple deliverables across a number of technologies.
- Has demonstrated innovation and communication of new deliverables and offerings.
- Ability to develop solutions that enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of a particular customer's enterprise. Has contributed to the design and application of new processes, procedures, policies, workflows and technologies. Ability to re-use existing experience to develop new solutions to take to market is a must.
- Demonstrates expertise with the development of technical solution policies that align business requirements to functional capabilities of the solutions
- Delivery of end to end solutions which includes the collection of requirements, assessment of risks and gaps in capabilities, development of solutions, the implementation of solutions and final acceptance of the solution by the customer
- Dynamic problem solving and solution development skills that focus on solving the customer’s problems versus selling tools to fix an issue
- Business focused approach to developing solutions to customers
- Experience with delivering data protection technology solutions for one or more of the following regulations is preferred: ITAR, EAR, DOE810, FERC, NERC, HIPAA, PCI, PII, GLBA, FERPA, FISMA
- Understands how information moves throughout an organization, from both a business and technical level
Skills and Experience Required:
Core knowledge in three or more of the following areas:
- Desktop security (A/V, IPS, Firewalls)
- Active Directory or LDAP
- Windows Servers, Linux Servers, Unix Servers
- Network architecture
- Network traffic flows and routing
- TCP/IP and routing
- Security strategy development
- Date storage strategy development
- GUI level and command line level analysis and troubleshooting
Advanced knowledge of four or more of the following technologies in required:
- Desktop security solutions (Symantec, McAfee, Trend, F-Secure)
- * Required: Network Firewalls (Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, SonicWALL, Palo Alto, McAfee, Watchguard)
- Routing and switching
- Threat and Vulnerability Management (FireEye, Juniper, Tibco, Palo Alto)
- Penetration testing
- Application firewalls
- Network and/or desktop encryption
- SAN or NAS architecture (EMC, IBM, HP, NetApp, Brocade)
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Authentication solutions (ADFS, two factor authentication)
- Collaboration systems (Network and cloud, SharePoint, Documentum)
- Database configuration, security and management (Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, or enterprise SQL solutions)
- High availability, disaster recovery and backup solutions
- VMWare ESX server in an enterprise deployment
- Network data encryption solutions (Safenet, Thales, Voltage or Vormetric)
- Mobile device management (Symantec, McAfee MobileIron or AirWatch)
- System management solutions (Symantec/Altiris, McAfee, Microsoft, LANDesk)
- Log collection and aggregation (ArcSight, Archer, LogRhytmn, McAfee)
- Mail Servers (Exchange, Lotus)
- OS Hardening (Windows, Linux, Unix)
- Patch management and system automation
Bachelor degree in engineering, computer programming or business preferred.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today—https://hp.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=1121535
We are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Le descriptif détaillé du post en Français est en cours de préparation, il sera attaché aussitôt qu’on va le recevoir du traducteur