Full Time Delivery/Technician
HME Mobility & Accessibility (www.hmebc.com) is a leading supplier of home & institutional care medical equipment and assistive devices such as Wheelchairs and other Mobility Aids. Through our stairlift division (www.vancouverstairlifts.com) we are a leading supplier and installer of stairlifts in the lower mainland.
We are currently seeking a Delivery/Technician for our Richmond facility. The Delivery/Technician supports HME’s sales and services through the preparation, delivery, troubleshooting and repair of HME and client owned equipment. The Technician ensures the successful and timely set up, troubleshooting and repair of equipment for both HME and the clients we serve. The Technician will spend most of the time on the road servicing clients, and delivering and setting up medical equipment such as hospital beds and lift chairs in client homes. This is an entry level position at the company, with wages starting at $15/hour.
Our ideal candidate is professional and committed to upholding the highest standards in customer service. We are looking for a candidate who has a history of success and wants to work for a growth oriented company providing outstanding technical service. Compensation includes a competitive salary and we provide a friendly team orientated environment with quick opportunities for advancement.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Technician will be responsible for:
1. Troubleshooting equipment, providing diagnosis recommendations for problem resolution, and repairing equipment in a timely manner. This equipment includes power wheelchairs, scooters, ceiling lifts, hospital beds, floor lifts, seating, and other medical equipment
2. Delivering, setting up, and installing HME equipment within a client’s home and/or facility using HME procedures, when required. The equipment required to be lifted ranges from 0-100lbs.
3. Operating any one of Healthlinc’s service fleet vehicles in a safe and courteous manner throughout the GVRD.
4. Setting up and inspecting equipment in a manner that ensures the overall cleanliness, safety and quality of the equipment we are providing
5. Further developing HME’s Quality Control systems and ensuring they are being maintained
6. Communicating with clients and their families by phone when required to assist in troubleshooting equipment
7. Working with Seating and Mobility Consultants on equipment trials and demonstrations, in conjunction with a client and/or healthcare professionals
8. Adhering to HME’s Safety procedures to ensure a safe work environment
9. Constantly working to improve product and technical knowledge and continuously developing troubleshooting and repair skills
10. Assisting the warehouse manager in the organization of the warehouse where required
11. Working with the other Technicians to repair complex medical equipment issues
- Strong communication skills in fluent English (both verbal and written)
- Computer skills - must be comfortable with MS Office Suite
- Have a technical background, and an interest in repairing and troubleshooting mechanical and electrical systems
- Must have a friendly, positive attitude and have the ability to have fun while working in a fast paced environment
- Valid BC driver’s license & clean drivers abstract
- Detail oriented, organized and systems oriented
- Creative thinker and effective problem solver
- Must be comfortable with conducting tasks with high degree of professionalism
- Ability to learn and work independently as well as within a team
- A desire to work with a growing company
This is a rewarding position with opportunity for advancement within our growing company.
Please forward resume and covering letter to the email address above along with a copy of your ICBC drivers abstract. Please note only candidates chosen for interview will be contacted.