HJV Equipment is a growing agricultural equipment distributor, and has grown in every way over the past 10 years. Our vision is twofold and integrated: to become the premier specialized agricultural equipment distributor in the world, and to successfully train and develop our employees; enhancing their lives by providing them a rewarding and challenging work environment. HJV Equipment is currently looking to fill the role of Accounting Supervisor. We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits package.
Based in Alliston, Ontario and reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position is responsible for managing all the day to day accounting tasks. The Accounting Supervisor is also responsible for being a successful leader and mentor to the accounting staff and providing accurate, timely and relevant reporting.
- Establishes, documents, and implements the company’s Credit Policy and Collection Procedures
- Establishes and maintains the company’s Fixed Asset budgeting, approval and purchasing processes
- Responsible for collection management
- Provides weekly and ad hoc sales and performance reporting
- Schedules and completes month-end closes
- Completes monthly financial statement reporting
- Plans and manages our year-end review work with our auditors
- Plans and manages our annual budgeting process
- Identifies, plans and implements accounting and administrative system and process improvements
- Assists with process and systems improvement work in all other operating departments
- Manages all internal IT systems
- Supervises an accounting staff of 3 employees
The successful candidate must have strong reporting and analytical skills and must demonstrate the following:
- 5-8 years of progressive accounting experience
- CGA/CMA designation or equivalent experience
- Experience with managing Information Technology Systems in a business environment
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Business Vision and PFW Software
- Operational knowledge of accounting software
- High numerical aptitude
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- Detail oriented and excellent multi-tasking skills
- Experience with US accounting practices and exposure to government funding is an asset
- Desirable: Payroll Experience
If you are interested in joining a growing company that believes in successfully training and developing employees, please forward your resume.
Subject: Accounting Supervisor
We thank you for your interest in our position! Only those applicants that respond to our pre-qualifying questionnaire and who are selected for interviews will be contacted.