REVIT Support Specialist
Why join HH Angus? The People. The Projects. The Potential.
Through more than 90 years of experience, we have built a reputation for delivering superior engineering design and innovative solutions for the built environment to industry leaders, in Canada and internationally. While we are proud of our long history and years of experience, we are passionate about innovation and remain at the forefront of design by keeping up to date with current technology, standards and practices. We are proud of our unrivalled culture, the exciting and diverse projects we have to offer, and numerous growth opportunities available. Come grow with us.
Location: Head Office – Leslie & Eglinton, Toronto
Job Type: Full-time Contract (1 year)
Compensation: $24.04/hr. + benefits
We are currently looking to hire a REVIT Support Specialist to join our team
Through this position, you will provide REVIT MEP technical support for a project team of 50+ mechanical and electrical engineers and designers. This is a critical position that requires the REVIT MEP fluency to be able to configure and troubleshoot to meet the needs of the project team. It also requires you to be conversant in engineering design. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Troubleshooting REVIT MEP issues for users and working to find an effective solution.
- Emulating or reproducing technical problems encountered by users.
- Providing advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties.
- Participating in the effective use and enhancement of REVIT MEP as a design tool at HHA.
- Training engineers and designers on new REVIT MEP procedures, and assisting in new procedure development.
- Assisting the project team with engineering design as necessary to achieve project objectives.
- Independently completing the REVIT MEP maintenance cycle for all project models, so that they are running at peak efficiency.
- Providing both pre and post-production REVIT MEP support to project team so that they are able to focus primarily on design. Includes setting up sheets, creating title blocks and views, plotting drawings, inputting and manipulating parametric data and other responsibilities as necessary.
- Integrating the design team’s AutoCAD project drawings into REVIT MEP models. Training the project team to do the same.
- Creating and modifying families as required by the design teams.
- College degree or diploma in an engineering, architectural technology or related field.
- Intimate knowledge of REVIT MEP, and minimum 1 year direct experience using REVIT MEP in a consulting engineering environment is required, including:
o Extensive understanding of and experience with the processes within REVIT, and in particular REVIT MEP.
o Intimate knowledge and experience with family creation and the use of parametric data in families as it relates to equipment schedules and other family content;
o Fully versed and experienced in drawing standards, including the knowledge and setup of parametric data in engineering drawings;
o Demonstrated experience in integrating AutoCAD drawings into REVIT MEP models;
o Strong understanding of the creation and maintenance of REVIT MEP visibility settings
o Well versed in REVIT MEP maintenance, and previous experience in running full maintenance cycles.
o Demonstrated success in working in a REVIT MEP environment, with a large number of concurrent and overlapping models.
- Conversant in engineering design concepts and practices, and therefore able to clearly understand and resolve the REVIT MEP obstacles or issues faced by the design team.
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices and contribute with innovative ideas.
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams.
- Passionate about buildings and the built environment.
To apply, please visit our website www.hhangus.com. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Through more than 90 years of experience, we have built a reputation for delivering superior engineering design and innovative solutions for...