We are offering a competitive salary, flexibility and a great working environment in a new Cardiac Facility. Great people to work with and a great city to live in.
The Staff Sonographer is responsible for the independent operation of sonographic equipment, and for performing and communicating results of diagnostic examinations using sonography. Responsibilities include daily operations of the sonographic exam room, equipment maintenance, the report of equipment failures,and quality assessment (QA). The sonographer maintains a high standard of medical ethics at all times and is self-motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field, disease, and new procedures asthey evolve.
- Provide excellent patient care and ensure patient confidentiality.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are being complied with in accordance with Policy and Procedure Manuals.
- Performs all requested sonographic examinations in a RIS/PACS environment.
- Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical and pathological diagnostic information and images.
- Uses independent judgement during the sonographic exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings.
- Analyzes sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and medical history, and communicates findings to the appropriate Radiologist.
- Prepares preliminary reports and transmits them to the radiologist.
- Coordinates work schedule with Sonographers/Human Resources Manager to assure staffing coverage at all sites.
- Assumes responsibility for the mental and physical comfort and safety of patients while in their care.
- Assists with the daily operations of the sonography area.
- Maintains ultrasound equipment and work area, and maintains adequate supply levels.
- Reports equipment failures to GE Service Department and the Ultrasound Site Supervisor.
- Participates in the maintenance of accreditation.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Graduate of a recognized formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program.
- Active certification by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
- Current compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements for specialty(ies) as appropriate.
- Active certification by the Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals (CARDUP) in the specialty(ies) as appropriate AND active certification by the Canadian Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (CSDMS) in the specialty(ies) as appropriate.
Healthy Heart Institute Inc.
#206, 4406 50 Avenue
Red Deer, AB T4N 3Z5