NURSE MANAGER, FAMILY RESPITE CENTRE
The Nurse Manager, Family Respite Centre provides administrative, clinical and supervisory direction to all aspects of the Family Respite Centre. You will be responsible for program development and evaluation, continuous quality improvement initiatives, clinical supervision of direct care and support staff, team coordination, clinical services, referral and follow-up. The Nurse Manager handles inquiries and problems/issues relating to the Family Respite Centre.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ recent experience including a minimum of three (3) years of recent experience in a supervisory or management role in a direct nursing care setting; preferably in community home health programs, adult day programs, geriatric services or similar programs and services.
- Practical experience in the theory, principles and best practices for respite care and caregiver support, working with frail elderly individuals, gerontology and/or day program services are required.
- An equivalent combination of relevant training and experience will be considered.
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of B.C. (CRNBC).
- Valid B.C. drivers’ license and able to provide own transportation.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of community health, aging process, chronic illness, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Ability to supervise and manage programs and services.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to develop and conduct training needs analysis and either design appropriate training, instructional response or access resources in the community.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare and present material relating to all aspects of the Centre’s programs and services.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Proficient computer skills with MS Office software including Word and Excel.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The Health and Home Care Society of BC is an independent and BC-based not-for-profit organization. Since 1898, we have taken care of British Columbians through healthcare initiatives tailored to the communities we serve. Our Family Respite Centre is the first program of its kind in Canada. In 1979, we started an Adult Day Program for people with Alzheimer's disease, dementia and other mental and physical frailties. In 1994, we added an Overnight Respite Program to our services when we opened our Family Respite Centre, the only program of its kind for caregivers who urgently need a rest from their responsibilities. In 2004 Palliative Respite Care was added to the programs at the centre. The Family Respite Centre is located in a state-of-the-art facility in a quiet south Vancouver residential neighbourhood.
The Health and Home Care Society of BC is an independent and BC-based not-for-profit organization. Since 1898, we have taken care of British...