HD SUPPLY CANADA INC.
Status: Permanent full-time position
Reports to: Manager, FP&A, HD Supply Canada Inc.
Location: Canadian Head Office: 100 Galcat Drive, Vaughan, ON L4L 0B9
If you are ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with an industry leader who’s on the move, apply to HD Supply today! We are one of our country’s fastest growing companies.
HD Supply is a leading wholesale distribution company, providing a broad range of products and services to professional customers in the Infrastructure & Energy, Maintenance, Repair & Improvement and Specialty Construction markets. With a diverse portfolio of market-leading businesses and approximately 900 locations, HD Supply is one of the largest wholesale distributors in North America.
Exciting Opportunities exist with HD Supply Canada! Our multi-facet business consisting of Brafasco and Litemor offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits plan, RRSP and DPSP Plan and provides for a healthy work/life balance. Our ever growing Company is built on a foundation of internal growth and recognizing talent.
We take great pride in being the best of the best in whatever we do. From Outside/inside Sales and Projects, Logistics, Finance, and Marketing, we are always looking for talented, forward-thinking people to join our team.
HD SUPPLY / Financial Analyst
We are looking for a dynamic and responsible self-starter, who is detail-oriented and can work collaboratively with others. As part of the FP&A team, you will monitor and evaluate financial performance by conducting financial analyses, planning, and forecasting, and prepare and review corporate reporting.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Issue and maintain daily sales and margin reports
- Maintain management reporting for multiple lines of business, down to branch level (50+ branches)
- Prepare quarterly forecast updates by LOB
- Prepare monthly allocation entries for LOB controllers
- Prepare P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Working Capital Metrics reports
- Maintain and report Capex spend to budget/forecast
- Maintain Khalix reporting system; liaise with US Khalix team
- Participate in annual budget and prepare supporting schedules
- Perform ad hoc analysis & special reports to support decision making and the resolution of issues
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 2 - 3 years financial analysis experience, operations finance a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- CA / CMA / CGA designated; or a senior student preferred
- Strong technical skills in accounting, consolidation and financial analysis
- Ability to aggregate and analyze large volumes of financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting techniques
- Proficiency with MS Office, including advanced Excel skills and experience with financial modeling
- Strong knowledge of computerized financial systems, experience with Khalix, Great Plains and Infor/Sxe a plus
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills. Attention to details, ability to manage multiple priorities and thrive on working under tight deadlines in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive individual who is motivated, highly energetic, driven by continuous improvement and meets objectives in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion
- Must possess and exhibit energy, high integrity, results orientation and solutions oriented skills
- Confident team player with strong interpersonal skills who can work across multiple functions to achieve goals
Interested candidates please forward your resume via e-mail before November 30, 2012.
Please quote: Financial Analyst in the subject line of your e-mail.
We thank all candidates. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in HD Supply.