When you join HD Supply you are joining one of the largest diversified wholesale distributors in North America. With a diverse portfolio of industry-leading businesses, HD Supply provides a broad range of products and services to help professional customers in the Infrastructure & Energy, Maintenance, Repair & Improvement and Specialty Construction markets.
We focus on serving contractors, builders, maintenance professionals, government and municipal entities and industrial businesses, and provide our customers a superior supplier relationship backed by our long history of industry expertise, knowledgeable associates, and established reputation for top quality service.
With approximately 700 locations and 15,000 associates across the United States and Canada, the opportunities for growth are limitless!
Come Build Your Best Life with us!
- The Warehouse Associate will be responsible for order picking, shipping, receiving, and quality assurance for orders and delivering of orders to local customers.
- Reporting to the Branch Manager the Warehouse Associate will be required to have a valid license and clean driver’s abstract.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods.
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles. Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Maintain condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.).
- Follow company safety policies and procedures and encourage other associates to do the same.
- Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and products to installers and subcontractors.
- May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Seek advice and guidance on non routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED required. 2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, (product knowledge) would be considered an asset.
- Forklift experience would be considered an asset.
- Shipping, receiving, retail, fasteners, quality assurance, delivery driver.
Indeed - 16 months ago
When you join HD Supply you are joining one of the largest diversified wholesale distributors in North America. With a diverse portfolio of...