HD SUPPLY CANADA (Brafasco)
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER – GTA
Permanent Full-time position
Reports to: Director of Sales, HD Supply Canada Inc.
Location: 100 Galcat Drive, Vaughan, ON L4L 0B9 Canada
When you join HD Supply you are joining one of the largest diversified wholesale distributors in North America. With a diverse portfolio of industry-leading businesses, HD Supply provides a broad range of products and services to help professional customers in the Infrastructure & Energy, Maintenance, Repair & Improvement and Specialty Construction markets.
We focus on serving contractors, builders, maintenance professionals, government and municipal entities and industrial businesses, and provide our customers a superior supplier relationship backed by our long history of industry expertise, knowledgeable associates, and established reputation for top quality service.
With approximately 700 locations and 15,000 associates across the United States and Canada, the opportunities for growth are limitless!
We are now seeking a District Sales Manager for the GTA - Come Build Your Best Life with us!
HD Supply / Brafasco District Sales Manager – GTA
The District Sales Manager (DSM) is responsible for promoting and selling HD Supply services to meet sales targets and generate revenue. This includes responding to customer needs and requirements with the appropriate HD Supply service. Maintaining a high level of customer service with existing customers is expected of the role. The DSM leverages relationships to expand business and develops relationships with new clients by prospecting and responding to business development leads.
In addition the DSM will:
- Monitor and review customer sales activity
- Make adjustments to processes and strategies as needed
- Drive and manage the successful execution of sales strategies and plans for the district
- Orchestrate and direct resources to drive profitable sales revenue and growth
- Optimize sales effectiveness in partnership with other district and region sales partners
- Engage and inspire the team to drive profitable business results
- Monitor, analyze and report on district sales results
- Define and plan the district selling organization to optimize resources
- Facilitate the staffing process
- Provide input to other channels on organizational needs, employee actions, and sales team development
- Sell to key district customers
In addition to a competitive compensation package including base salary, benefits, RRSP, we also offer tuition reimbursement, and continuous learning and development opportunities.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Manage a sales territory and develop direct reports including inside and outside sales, and special products sales
- Actively schedule sales meetings and events with specified accounts and prospective accounts for the purpose of:
o Bidding jobs and securing new business
o Forecast and achieve budgeted sales targets for assigned sales team
- Manage selling and customer service activities, developing and implementing sales and customer retention programs to
o optimize sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction
o Plan, forecast and report on sales and competitor
o pricing, activity and tactics
o Promote market and technology research
- May communicate and negotiate special pricing and product availability with top vendors in district
- Plan and implement district advertising and promotional strategy and activities.
- Coach, motivate and develop team
- Ensure team performs account prospecting. Assign and reassign accounts as required to maximize sales performance revenue. Conduct ride-along activities and work with team to call on active customers and prospective accounts
- Conduct ongoing recruitment and interviewing of candidates for the purpose of acquiring talent to support the attainment of business objectives.
- Responsible for succession planning
- Train and provide coaching of sales associates in effective selling processes and technique
Qualifications and Experience:
- Five (+) years successful sales experience in a customer service and/or related field, industry experience preferred
- Wholesale distribution experience an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong sales management and leadership background with direct reports
- Strong MS Office experience
- Product knowledge
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
- Strong team player with a ‘’can-do’’ attitude and passion for excellence;
- Exceptional communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Strong coaching skills, ability to win trust and respect from team;
- Strong appreciation for excellence in customer service is a MUST;
- Reliable, confidential, and conscientious;
- Strong initiative and ability to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Excellent time management/organizational skills with ability to meet important deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills;
- Strong business acumen and sense of urgency;
- Positive attitude, ability to work with a high level of energy and focus;
- Ability to foster an atmosphere of trust and open communication.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence before January 31, 2013.
Please reference DSM - GTA when applying.
We thank all candidates. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your continued interest in HD Supply!