HD SUPPLY CANADA BRAFASCO/LITEMOR
ALBERTA REGIONAL MANAGER – Edmonton/Calgary
Permanent Full-time position
Reports to: President, HD Supply Canada Inc.
Location: Edmonton Hybrid: 18003-114th Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5S 1T8
(incumbent will be based out of Edmonton Branch but will oversee branch operations in both Edmonton and Calgary)
When you join HD Supply you are joining one of the largest diversified wholesale distributors in North America. With a diverse portfolio of industry-leading businesses, HD Supply provides a broad range of products and services to help professional customers in the Infrastructure & Energy, Maintenance, Repair & Improvement and Specialty Construction markets.
We focus on serving contractors, builders, maintenance professionals, government and municipal entities and industrial businesses, and provide our customers a superior supplier relationship backed by our long history of industry expertise, knowledgeable associates, and established reputation for top quality service.
With approximately 700 locations and 15,000 associates across the United States and Canada, the opportunities for growth are limitless!
Come Build Your Best Life with us!
ALBERTA REGIONAL MANAGER – Edmonton/Calgary
The Alberta Regional Manager is responsible for the overall profitability of the Edmonton and Calgary branches. This includes sales and margin growth, exceptional operational performance and execution at all levels in the branches towards customer service and customer experience. Effective leadership and performance management are expected of the role.
The Alberta Regional Manager is an important part of the business leadership team and is responsible for ensuring that our customers’ expectations and needs are fully satisfied. The successful candidate is a proven sales leader interested in building solid business relationships and developing a strong team.
As the Alberta Regional Manager you will oversee the day-to-day operations of the branches and ensure the timely delivery of sales and service to customers in a safe and effective manner through operational excellence.
Responsibilities may include financial management, operational performance and analysis, planning and execution, distribution, inventory management, vendor management, and leadership, including performance management.
In addition to a competitive compensation package including base salary, benefits, RRSP, we also offer tuition reimbursement, and continuous learning and development opportunities.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Initiate, build and maintain successful customer relationships;
- Ensure efficient operations, through adherence to policy, procedure and process excellence. Compliance with applicable government regulations;
- Increase sales and profits through strategic planning and development of assigned branch goals;
- Recommend innovative ways to improve customer service, sales and profit margins;
- Initiate and build customer relationships with existing and new customers;
- Monitor local market trends, develop and execute strategies to grow local market share and aggressively pursue business opportunities;
- Work closely with Outside Sales Reps and Vendors to maximize sales and increase profitability;
- Oversee and coordinate the daily activities and work processes of the branch to ensure optimum customer satisfaction and branch profitability
- Responsible for the hiring, orientation, training, evaluation and development of branch associates through development of professional goals and coaching associates;
- Maintain positive associate relations through consistent and effective communication with associates including team meetings, weekly reviews, and one on one communication;
- Ensure that all administrative procedures are completed in a timely, efficient manner and company policies are followed;
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels to meet service, financial and operational support demands;
- Effectively utilize training programs to develop sales and operations expertise;
- Act as liaison to functional leadership to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution;
- Accountable for Profit & Loss and Inventory/Accounts Receivable for assigned location;
- Achieve Earnings before Interest & Tax (EBIT), Return on Investment Capital (ROIC) and Return on Sales (ROS) goals.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Five (5) + years successful sales and sales operations leadership experience in a customer service and/or related field; industry experience preferred;
- Wholesale industrial distribution experience, an asset;
- Previous people management experience required with direct reports;
- Post Secondary Education, Diploma or Degree in Business or related field preferred;
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) with knowledge of Great Plains an asset;
- Solid budget management and resource allocation experience;
- Exposure to Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies, an asset;
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
- Strategic identification and development of Territories, Customers, ROTI, and Sales opportunities
- Cross functional coordination
- Leading by sales example
- Selflessness and Extrinsically motivated
- Strong team player with a ‘’can-do’’ attitude and passion for excellence;
- Exceptional communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Strong coaching skills, ability to win trust and respect from team;
- Strong appreciation for excellence in customer service is a MUST;
- Reliable, confidential, and conscientious;
- Strong initiative and ability to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Excellent time management/organizational skills with ability to meet important deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills;
- Strong business acumen and sense of urgency;
- Positive attitude, ability to work with a high level of energy and focus;
- Ability to foster an atmosphere of trust and open communication.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence.
Please reference Alberta Regional Manager when applying.
We thank all candidates. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your continued interest in HD Supply!